Backing Up Database Help

Does anyone know how I would go about creating a macro that when I click it,
it will backup the latest data onto a usb storage device. Any help is
appreciated.

You can't backup a database from within itself.

Steveo wrote:
>Does anyone know how I would go about creating a macro that when I click it,
>it will backup the latest data onto a usb storage device. Any help is
>appreciated.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq

Seeking help for total worksheet protection
The code below cycles through every worksheet and protects it. It then sets the active worksheet back to the first worksheet. For Each WkSht In m_DocExcel.Worksheets WkSht.Protect "mypassword", True, True, True, True WkSht.Activate m_AppExcel.ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False m_AppExcel.ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False Next WkSht m_DocExcel.Worksheets(1).Activate Is it possible to set protection on the entire workbook in one atomic operation, or do I need to set the protection for each sheet separately, as I am doing? And is th...

Masquarade Exchange server HELP!
Hello, I'm testing an Exchange 2k3 installation.. The server was built using an internal naming scheme as follows: Server Name: blackwidow Win Domain: trackit.apt FQDN is then: blackwidow.trackit.apt Now this server delievers mail for a completely different public DNS name: webtrialz.net..... But when viewing the host header from a message that was SENT by this exchange server, I see the actual FQDN in the "Message-ID" field of the SMTP header.. I think this is causing some junk mail filters to flag the mail as junk since it's not matching the public domain na...

Design View Disabled? Please Help!!
Several years ago (2000), I built a database in Access for tracking construction management information using a series of forms and menus. Recently, we decided to resurrect and update this database for use by my new company (using Access 2003). When we opened it and went to change the reports to match the new company graphic standards, we noticed that many of the standard menu items (including design view) disappeared! Why is this happening, and how do I get them back? In news:1182182916.071514.235550@n15g2000prd.googlegroups.com, gwharton@gmail.com <gwharton@gmail.com> wrote: > ...

Help Files Internet Explorer Script Error
In Publisher Help, when I click on a link in "Troubleshoot background and foreground pages," I get an Internet Explorer Script Error - "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 1, Char: 1, Object doesn't support this property or method, Code 0, mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft% 20Office\Office\1033 \pub6.chm::/pub9html/pbmnulCONTNT2015.HTM, Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes/No." After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Roy Steinmetz <rasteinmetzXSPAM@hotmail.com>... > In ...

Help!! Credit Card Transactions did not go Thru
We tried processing all of our credit transactions on the first day of business but we had the information for the bank wrong. MS POS failed and posted an error. Well, now it won't let us go back and re-process them. ANy help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. As long as you got authorizations then you can contact your credit card processor and have them tell you the full credit card numbers and expiration dates. Then you can redo all the sales transactions. I'm not aware of any way to submit credit card charges without doing a sales transaction. If you have a separate cre...

simple formula help for matching information
I need to build a formula that will return information from a lookup... I want to enter information such as a phone number, and then look down a colum of numbers to see if it is a match and if so either go to the matching cell or return a value of = match or both if possible. Go to:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Check out item number 41. If you launch this Workbook go to Sheet2. In cells A 2 to A 6 inclusive if you enter any of the first names that appear in A 2 to A 6 of Sheet1 their surnames will be pulled back into Sheet2. If you apply the above simple scena...

Formatting a long Excel file in Publisher, Please help!
I am trying to insert an Excel file into a Publisher page. I have tried: Insert, Object, scroll down to Microsoft Excel, tick create from file. It does not format the spreadsheet for 2 pages and comes in as one long object. Any suggestions on how to format the spreadsheet to go across 2 pages once it's inserted into Publisher? Thanks! Kristal I've done that but what I did was to copy and paste one "page" worth of data in one page and the rest on another. Actually it was four pages worth of data but it only took a few moments. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publi...

Reports problem in database???
I have a problem that just occured - suddenly I can't open my reports in my database in any fashion - except for one??? You click on them and nothing. Funny thing is one of the reports that I worked on last, works perfectly!! I checked other databases on my computer (microsoft provided samples with program) - I can't open reports in these either. Any ideas - this is really causing me a serious work problem. Thanks - Mark Normally this is caused by either no default printer specified in the Windows Control Panel or an out-of-date printer driver. I expect the report that is w...

Convert decimal to time help.
Is there a way if I key 3.30 in A1 can that be converted to 3:30 in B1? If that can be done how can I add time in excel eg 3:30 + 2:15 =5:45. Can this be done if the time is also more than 24:00. Help Please =INT(A1)/24+(MOD(A1,1)*100)/1440 or =TIME(INT(A1),MOD(A1,1)*100,) might need to reformat to hh:mm or [hh]:mm if it adds AM/PM Finally you can format as [hh]:mm for times greater than 24:00 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Floyd Forbes" <newsgroups@omcast.net> wrote in message news:XtednVhF7cYrdjTVnZ2dnUVZ_g2dnZ2d@comcast.com... > Is there a way if I key 3.3...

Help with a formula
Hello, We have project server 2007. At the professional I created the following formula at customize finish field Deadline+20. the resault is a date. How do I create the same formula at the project server ? Thanks P. If you are connected to the project server, you should see a button in the customize fields pop up page called "Add Field To Enterprise" that will allow you to convert your local custom field into an enterprise custom field. Jonathan "Poni" <Poni@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OmUwt%23bbKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl......

Lookup help #2
Hi All Trying to basically find - if "reading" A1 on sheet 1 then find "reading" on sheet 2 in column A and return cell No On worksheet 1 in cell A1 = Reading Worksheet 2 in column A = list of teams including Reading (Reading is eg A7 on this list) Result A7 Not having much joy - I must be looking at it the wrong way. Any help greatly welcome Thanks Paul Since you already know that Column A contains your data, would the row number be good enough for you? =MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corr...

Open Relay DataBase
Is there a way to use the ORDB.ORG Open Relay DataBase in Exchange 2003? "Keith Eaton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to use the ORDB.ORG Open Relay DataBase in >Exchange 2003? Take a look at the Connection filtering tab of the message delivery object. You can enter 1 (in this release) entry there. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm I placed relays.ordb.org in the connection filter/block list service organization, is this what ...

Help with query 01-22-10
I have a table (joined to another) to maintain record of the pieces changed in an instrument. The table contains the following fields; InsID, Pos1, Pos 2…..Pos 6 and Date Installed. An example of the information in the table is as follow: InsID Pos 1 Pos 2 Pos 3 Pos 4 Pos 5 Pos 6 Date Installed 1 QA2 QA5 QA6 QA8 QA9 QA3 01/01/09 1 N/A QA11 N/A N/A QA20 N/A 02/15/09 2 QA40 QA25 QA30 QA12 QA22 QA35 02/20/09 2 ...

5.5 database does not release free space
I've 5.5 Std on NT and a 16 Gb database. :( After many users reduced their mailboxes using .pst and released at least 2Gb, I can't obtain free space doing eseutil /d commands I've already backed-up the database and restarted and no good news Any Idea ? I'm considering to upgrade to 5.5 Enterprise. (When i discover how to obtain the software) Thanks Germa On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:01:11 +0200, "GG" <germaguerra@hotmail.com> wrote: >I've 5.5 Std on NT and a 16 Gb database. :( > >After many users reduced their mailboxes using .pst and released ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database expert failed
This message comes from the Microsoft CRM Server Setup. The crm30svrsetup.log has error - 14:36:41| Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. When you press help I get a "Mal-formed XML found in Microsoft CRM 1.2 Exported Saved Queries" which explains nothing! This is supprising because we have made of making minimal change to CRM 1.2. Somebody else must have a similar erro! Thanks!!r -- Bob H I'm also getting this error. I'm calling Microsoft right now. We have made very minimal customizations. email me at dkuhlman@etec...

HELP Files Missing
I am running Windows XP Pro SP 2 and Office 2007 - and this is the second time I have lost my Help files. My IT department nor I could figure out a way to fix it without reinstalling office and losing all my settings. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? -- Catrina Whenever you get any problems like this, the first thing you should always do is to run Office diagnostics. Office Diagnostics is a very powerful tool to reset your Office setup to default level as far as all connections to various files are concerned. you don't need your Office CD to r...

Help with referencing please
I'll try and explain exactly how my spreadsheet is laid out and what i'm trying to achieve. The sheet is designed to log newspapers and wakeup calls that are ordered by guests in a hotel. I have the newspaper side of things working as intended, but the wakeup calls are giving me a headache. It is laid out like this:- Worksheet 1. Columns A, B and C allocated to the ground floor. Column A = Room numbers Column B = requested Newspaper Column C = Wakeup call Columns D, E and F allocated to the first floor. Column D = Room numbers Column E = requested Newspaper Column F = Wakeu...

HELP! #6
i can not configure my outlook to connect to my hotmail. i have no idea how to use this so that i can check mail with out going to the hotmail site. i would like to do everything in one place, such as merge my two hotmail accounts onto my outlook. please e-mail me if you have any suggestions. i am available most of the day, if you e- mail me please include OUTLOOK in the subject so i dont delete you. thanks, the address is jpipkinhu@hotmail.com Hotmail accounts can only be added in Outlook 2002 or later, and only one Hotmail account per profile is supported in Outlook 2002. I understan...

Fastest way to move XML document into and back out of CLR function
Fastest way to move XML document into and back out of CLR function In SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio 2005, what is the fastest way to pass an xml data type variable into a C# CLR function and retrieve it back out of the C# CLR function when the C# CLR function is done modifying it? I tried this but get deployment error becuase SQLServer2005/CLR dotn support System.Xml.XmlDocument: public partial class UserDefinedFunctions { [Microsoft.SqlServer.Server.SqlFunction] public static int InsertSomeNode(System.Xml.XmlDocument pDoc) { // return 1; } }; thorws ...

Help with dlookup please.
Can someone please help me determine what is wrong with the following code: Me.txtPalletNo = DLookup("[PalletBarcode]", "[dbo_StockLog]", "[BoxBarcode]=" & [Forms]![frmTraceBox]!txtBoxCode) Where... PalletBarcode is the value I want to retrieve. dbo_StockLog is the table in the data is stored in. This table is a linked table from an SQL server. I can open, add/delete data to the table, use it in querries, etc. BoxBarcode that I need to match from my form (frmTraceBox) txtBoxCode is the control on my form that contains the value I am try...

Help with Adding Time Hrs and Mins
A user would like to add several times up that a Councelor visits with a client. She states that it does not work well when it gets over 60 mins or 24 hours. Any help. Thanks in advance. Hi Mike Format cell with the summation formula Format>Cells>Number>Custom [h]:mm Regards Roger Govier Mike Busch wrote: > A user would like to add several times up that a Councelor visits with a > client. She states that it does not work well when it gets over 60 mins or 24 > hours. Any help. Thanks in advance. ...

Please help??
The host 'msn' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Fw: Welcome to Windows Mail', Account: 'msn', Server: 'msn', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D What does this mean??? Karen Simco;1238302 Wrote: > The host 'msn' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered > the > server name correctly. > Subject 'Fw: Welcome to Windows Mail', Account: 'msn', Server: 'msn', > Protocol: S...

Outsourcing Data Entry 100% guaranteed or your money back
Data Entry Outsourcing Services ensures high quality, result oriented in time. We promise to deliver excellent output at low turn around times and cost-effective rates. Our dedicated team of highly experienced professionals to provide you high quality outsourcing services. Do visit us at http://www.dataentryoutsourcing.co.uk/dataentry_services.php, to know more about our Data Entry Outsourcing Services and avail our services at affordable rates. Data Entry Outsourcing provides data entry services like numeric data entry, textual data entry, image data entry, data format, data conversion and a...

Urgent Help For Outlook 2003
Im in serious need of help. The woman in charge of accounts where i work asked me to take a look at her outlook 2003 because it wouldnt start. It kept given an error and then option to boot into safe mode. So I go into safe mode and under the 'help' menu is an option to fix problems (cant remember the exact name). So I run it and it doesnt fix it. I run it a second time, only this time I tell it to restore settings to default (thinking this would just loose any folders she made and dump everything into the inbox). So after its finished fixing outlook, it restarts the program and then...

willing to pay for help!!!
The following report is one someone sent me slightly modified which i need to modify further. it is an on hand/sales report. what i would like to be able to do with it is include the following information to run in headquarters: Store ID; to allow seeing all store location's oh/sales on order; to see what is on order for the specific items, preferably with the ability to specify dates. (ie, what may be coming in for a group of items in the next 30 days) in transit; so i can see what the stores have coming to them from another location to avoid ordering excess inv. as i said, i...