Assigning work to team 1 and team 2

Hi

I need to allocate certain work to 2 teams, the only way I can think of
doing this is by building a counter and then giving the even numbers to one
team and the odd numbers to the other.

Dim db As Database
Dim rs As Recordset
Set db = CurrentDb()
Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblTeamCounter", dbOpenDynaset)
rs.Edit
rs!RepNum = rs!RepNum + 1
rs.Update
rs.Close: Set rs = Nothing

The above code gives me the counter how do I code it to lookup the REPNum
and if it is even number then

Me.Team1 = True
Else
Me.Team2 = True

Or is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks,

Bob

0
bob

Bob

How depends on what ... and you haven't describe what your data structure
looks like.

More info, please.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"bob" <bob@l???????.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I need to allocate certain work to 2 teams, the only way I can think of
> doing this is by building a counter and then giving the even numbers to
> one team and the odd numbers to the other.
>
> Dim db As Database
> Dim rs As Recordset
> Set db = CurrentDb()
> Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblTeamCounter", dbOpenDynaset)
> rs.Edit
> rs!RepNum = rs!RepNum + 1
> rs.Update
> rs.Close: Set rs = Nothing
>
> The above code gives me the counter how do I code it to lookup the REPNum
> and if it is even number then
>
> Me.Team1 = True
> Else
> Me.Team2 = True
>
> Or is there a better way of doing this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

0
Jeff
5/26/2010 2:42:23 PM
Jeff

What I am trying to do is lookup the data in table tblTeamCounter field
RepNum from form IncidentData if this is an even number then
Field Team1 on the IncidentDate form has a true value if its an odd number
then Field Team2 has a true value.  The rest I can sort out, it is how to
code the lookup the value in the table and how it knows if it is odd or even
I am stuck with.

Hope this helps explains what I am trying to do.

Thanks,

Bob

"Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in message
> Bob
>
> How depends on what ... and you haven't describe what your data structure
> looks like.
>
> More info, please.
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> --
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.

> guarantee as to suitability.

> possible/necessary.
>

> "bob" <bob@l???????.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I need to allocate certain work to 2 teams, the only way I can think of
>> doing this is by building a counter and then giving the even numbers to
>> one team and the odd numbers to the other.
>>
>> Dim db As Database
>> Dim rs As Recordset
>> Set db = CurrentDb()
>> Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblTeamCounter", dbOpenDynaset)
>> rs.Edit
>> rs!RepNum = rs!RepNum + 1
>> rs.Update
>> rs.Close: Set rs = Nothing
>>
>> The above code gives me the counter how do I code it to lookup the REPNum
>> and if it is even number then
>>
>> Me.Team1 = True
>> Else
>> Me.Team2 = True
>>
>> Or is there a better way of doing this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bob

0
bob
5/26/2010 3:07:29 PM
Again, you are describing "how".

Consider posting a description of your table structure, something along the
lines of (example only):

    tblStudent
        StudentID
        FName
        LName
        DOB

    tblClass
        ClassID
        ClassTitle
        ClassDescription

    trelEnrollment
        EnrollmentID
        StudentID
        ClassID
        EnrollmentDate

This is a (very) rough outline of an overly-simplified class enrollment
table structure.

(still) more info, please...

> Jeff
>
> What I am trying to do is lookup the data in table tblTeamCounter field
> RepNum from form IncidentData if this is an even number then
> Field Team1 on the IncidentDate form has a true value if its an odd number
> then Field Team2 has a true value.  The rest I can sort out, it is how to
> code the lookup the value in the table and how it knows if it is odd or
> even I am stuck with.
>
> Hope this helps explains what I am trying to do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob
>

> "Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in message
>> Bob
>>
>> How depends on what ... and you haven't describe what your data structure
>> looks like.
>>
>> More info, please.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> --
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>

>> "bob" <bob@l???????.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I need to allocate certain work to 2 teams, the only way I can think of
>>> doing this is by building a counter and then giving the even numbers to
>>> one team and the odd numbers to the other.
>>>
>>> Dim db As Database
>>> Dim rs As Recordset
>>> Set db = CurrentDb()
>>> Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblTeamCounter", dbOpenDynaset)
>>> rs.Edit
>>> rs!RepNum = rs!RepNum + 1
>>> rs.Update
>>> rs.Close: Set rs = Nothing
>>>
>>> The above code gives me the counter how do I code it to lookup the
>>> REPNum and if it is even number then
>>>
>>> Me.Team1 = True
>>> Else
>>> Me.Team2 = True
>>>
>>> Or is there a better way of doing this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Bob

0
Jeff
5/26/2010 3:57:03 PM
.... and on the other hand, if you are simply looking for someone to tell you
what button to push, please say so.  My particular bent is to try to
understand the need before figuring out the tool.

I'm sure there will be folks willing to oblige.

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"bob" <bob@l???????.co.uk> wrote in message
> Jeff
>
> What I am trying to do is lookup the data in table tblTeamCounter field
> RepNum from form IncidentData if this is an even number then
> Field Team1 on the IncidentDate form has a true value if its an odd number
> then Field Team2 has a true value.  The rest I can sort out, it is how to
> code the lookup the value in the table and how it knows if it is odd or
> even I am stuck with.
>
> Hope this helps explains what I am trying to do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob
>

> "Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in message
>> Bob
>>
>> How depends on what ... and you haven't describe what your data structure
>> looks like.
>>
>> More info, please.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> --
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>

>> "bob" <bob@l???????.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I need to allocate certain work to 2 teams, the only way I can think of
>>> doing this is by building a counter and then giving the even numbers to
>>> one team and the odd numbers to the other.
>>>
>>> Dim db As Database
>>> Dim rs As Recordset
>>> Set db = CurrentDb()
>>> Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblTeamCounter", dbOpenDynaset)
>>> rs.Edit
>>> rs!RepNum = rs!RepNum + 1
>>> rs.Update
>>> rs.Close: Set rs = Nothing
>>>
>>> The above code gives me the counter how do I code it to lookup the
>>> REPNum and if it is even number then
>>>
>>> Me.Team1 = True
>>> Else
>>> Me.Team2 = True
>>>
>>> Or is there a better way of doing this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Bob

0
Jeff
5/26/2010 3:58:17 PM
This expression will return true for odd numbers, and false for even:
[RepNum] Mod 2 = 1

I don't begin to understand what you are trying to do, but if your request is
simply for a way to identify odd and even integers, this should do it.  VBA
Help has more information about the Mod operator, but essentially it is the
remainder when the first number ([RepNum] is divided by the second number (2).

bob wrote:
>Jeff
>
>What I am trying to do is lookup the data in table tblTeamCounter field
>RepNum from form IncidentData if this is an even number then
>Field Team1 on the IncidentDate form has a true value if its an odd number
>then Field Team2 has a true value.  The rest I can sort out, it is how to
>code the lookup the value in the table and how it knows if it is odd or even
>I am stuck with.
>
>Hope this helps explains what I am trying to do.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bob
>
>> Bob
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]
>>>
>>> Bob

BruceM
5/26/2010 5:31:57 PM
Bruce

That was all I needed, I how have it working.

Thanks,

Bob
"BruceM via AccessMonster.com" <u54429@uwe> wrote in message
> This expression will return true for odd numbers, and false for even:
> [RepNum] Mod 2 = 1
>
> I don't begin to understand what you are trying to do, but if your request
> is
> simply for a way to identify odd and even integers, this should do it.
> VBA
> Help has more information about the Mod operator, but essentially it is
> the
> remainder when the first number ([RepNum] is divided by the second number
> (2).
>

> bob wrote:
>>Jeff
>>
>>What I am trying to do is lookup the data in table tblTeamCounter field
>>RepNum from form IncidentData if this is an even number then
>>Field Team1 on the IncidentDate form has a true value if its an odd number
>>then Field Team2 has a true value.  The rest I can sort out, it is how to
>>code the lookup the value in the table and how it knows if it is odd or
>>even
>>I am stuck with.
>>
>>Hope this helps explains what I am trying to do.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Bob
>>
>>> Bob
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]

bob

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

Data migration - Adventure Works

set print area #2

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?DivX=AE_5.component_causes_crashes_of_Excel_an?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?d_PowerPoint_during_launch_of_Project_Gallery?=
If you are experiencing crashing on startup of Excel X and PowerPoint X just prior to the display of the Project Gallery, the fault may lay with a QuickTime library component installed by DivX. When removed, the Project Gallery appears just fine. The Project Gallery also apears to launch properly in Word X. Either remove the file or set your Excel and PowerPoint preferences to not display the Project Gallery at startup. The file can be found at Macintosh HD --> LIbrary --> QuickTime --> DivX� 5.component. This was also a problem with an earlier version of a Toast beta component for Qu...

Bank One Download is not working

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

help #2

Application icon #2
Hello, all, Have a strange problem. I recently used the tool ResOrg to renumber the resource IDs in a project where there were hundreds of duplicates. This fixed a list of bugs, which is why I did it. The other programmers found three problems after this. One was trivial to fix, a second was actually a problem in the code that renumbering the resouce IDs uncovered and was also easily fixed. The third one is weird though. Renumbering the resources messed up the application icon. I verified this by recompiling with the old resource.h file and the icon is correct. In the renumbere...

Outlook 2003
I get an error every time I open Outlook 2003 that says: "The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\AdMailOK.1" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." I've tried "Detect and Repair" and it didn't kill the error from appearing every time I load Outlook. Any ideas? I searched Google and came up empty on this. Thanks! Have you tried reinstalling the program? ----- Thundersmash wrote: ---- I get an error every time I open Outlook 2003 that says "The add-in ...