asigning a help topic to a cmd button

Good morning,
I have a help menu [taps-help.chm] and it appears to work when I press {F1}.
I set up the control Help File and left the Help context Id blank {0}.

I went to the button {cmdHelp} and put the Help Context Id to number {30}
which is a page number. When I pressed the button, nothing happens. When I
pressed the {F1} key then it came up.

What I'd like it to do is to (I guess) is when I press the button to have it
emulate the {F1} button.
Can this be done or is there another way?

Thanks for your help and reply.

Afrosheen

Parametric button menu with CDialog
Hi, I have developed a dialog based application with a menu. I have several CButton and when I click on one of it I open a new dialog. I'd like now to insert other "menu level", when I click on a button I have to open another menu so I thought to reuse the previous class. I can use some public member to tell the class the string of the buttons, the number of the buttons and the position but how can I pass the dialog class to my menu ? I have this dialog CDialog1, CDialog2, CDialog3, CDialog4 and I'd like to manage a menu like this Dialog1 Dialog3 Dialog4 Dialog2...

help needed for mailbox administration & investigations
I work for the security department of a large corporation and have been asked to create a program that will be used for internal investigations. The program will need to be able to take a list of users' common names (i.e. ``John Smith'') and then download each user's mailbox in any form available (i.e. plain text, PST file.) I have been given privileges so that I can take a user's profile and add it to my MAPI mailbox, then through outlook download the other user's email. Can anyone tell me what the best starting point would be for a program like this? I have found ...

help
how can I imbed a doc balloon? I need to put text into an xls file that won't fit in the lines I need for the spreadsheet protion. I'm sure there is a way to imbed a balloon for text, right! TIA Phil What about a VBA routine that shows a text box when a cell gets focus and is hidden when it loses focus? "Phil" <flipspam@cospamco.ca> wrote in message news:utokk51tgs2otvv3hvgsp8r8eea6ln2qih@4ax.com... > how can I imbed a doc balloon? > > I need to put text into an xls file that won't fit in the lines I need > for the spreadsheet pro...

Help with report & subreport
I have a form with a button to open a report that has 4 subreports. The report is suppose to open with 2 values from the form and supposed to determine the values displayed in the subform. But for some reason the values are not even showing up in the main form. I used the following code, which I have used many times on other occasions to much success. This is my first time using it with subreports present on the form. SummarySQL="SELECT * FROM [SITE LIST] WHERE ([Project Number]='" & Me.cmbProjectNumber & "'" & " AND [Task Number]='" ...

help , domodal() assert error MFC
Hi freinds, please help on debug assert error while using domodal(). CDeleteJed d(this); d.DoModal(); when i debug i found assert as followed => VERIFY(RunModalLoop(dwFlags) == m_nModalResult); => ASSERT(ContinueModal()); // pump message, but quit on WM_QUIT if (!AfxPumpMessage()) { AfxPostQuitMessage(0); return -1; } => BOOL AFXAPI AfxPumpMessage() { CWinThread *pThread = AfxGetThread(); if( pThread ) return pThread->PumpMessage(); else return AfxInternalPumpMessage(); } => debug assertion failed . please help Thank...

Need help on headers & footers in a booklet
For a booklet, some pages should not show the headers or or footers. I can't figure out how to make this happen. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Birdmom <Birdmom@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > For a booklet, some pages should not show the headers or or footers. What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Please help me if you know it.
hi. I'm senior student of kwu. That's why I wrote in this text that this term's project is "DCT based Watermarking".(MFC Programming) But I hardly know about it. So,I try to get it (MFC Source code)but nobody help me.(because it related commercially) This project very important to me. So If you know it .Please help me. If you available Please send to my e-mail address.(pcs0330@hotmail.com) ...

help #3
could not start the microsoft exchange internet mail service on local computer Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start Greetings This generally happens when one of the services that the System Attendant depends on cannot be started For details refer to: XADM: System Attendant Fails To Start With Error 1068 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=182514 Hope this helps! Regards, Fareed Mohammed Khan MCTPK User Group "lutfi@dbs.net.tr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22b4f01c45d80$ae136440$a501280a@phx.gbl... > could not start...

plase help me
Hi, I want to ask if it is possible to sum numbers from different sheets but with the same addresses. For example if i have 50 sheets in one warkbook may i sum numbers from 5 of them. These five have the same name in one cell - for example KAI(A3) and a number in other cell with address (h31). I want to make a formula which extract only this 5 sheets with name KAi and sum numbers from cells with address h31. Thanks in advance Excuse me for my bad eng. -- tzveti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tzveti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member....

Drop Down list font too small... help please
Hi all, I have a drop down list - well many actually that are working fine.... except that the values in the drop-down list are literally too amall to read (at least for me!!!). The choice selected will display correctly ( font size etc. ) in the correct cell, but a fter clicking the arow in the cell to access the drop-down list, the values in that list are approx a font size 8 - instead of 12. Once chosen the valus appears correctly. How do I force the displayed font in the drop-down list to be larger? TIA Mike See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font -- HTH Bob (the...

need help !
hi im trying to make a digital scrapbook page in my publisher 2007 but i dont know how to make it the size i want, i need it 8x8 and when i go to page set up i dont see how can i make it 8x8 its all in cm. what can i do? i need this urgent. thanks -- judy Sounds like in the Control Panel it isn't set for English (United States) To verify and change if wanted: Start Settings Control Panel Regional and Language Options "Select an item to match its preferences....." box From the menu, select English (United States) If that is the region you wish. Now your printer and pro...

Help settle a dispute..
We're running a pure Ex2k3 environment. Currently users can access their email outside the network via OWA only. I've recently begun testing RPC over HTTP. I'm inclined to make that the standard for our users since they can use Outlook and access their PST's at the same time. The questions is this: Does RPC/HTTP use more bandwidth that OWA? I say no, but that opinion is not unanimous. The "fat" Outlook client uses more local workstation resources than OWA, but the network traffic it generates between the client and server should be the same, yes? (This is...

Formula help required
I have 3 conditions score divided into 3 parts 50, 75 and 100 % If score in cell = > 27 then -3 If score in cell = >26<36 = -2 If score in cell = >18<27 = -1 My formula =IF(F48>27,"-3",IF(F48>=26<36,"-2",IF(F48<=18<27,"-1"))) If score in cell is > 27 shows false Please advise Cordially Beena K Process Analst Your conditions are a bit ambigous, shouldn't the first criteria be >=37 ? Conditions for the formula below: F48 >=37 result -3 F48 between 26 and 36 result -2 F48 between 18 and 25 result -...

Help setting up transaction...
Looking for some assistance setting up a transaction for a home equity line. I searched the web and the Money help files and could not find a solution. I have my checking account and home equity line set up in Money 2005. I want Money to record a credit in the "line" when I make a payment in my check register. I figured out how to set up a recurring bill that will do this, however it records both the interest and the principal. I need it to only record the principal portion of the payment in the "line" account. Example: I payed $520.00 out of checking to my line. ...

Backup Exec VSS error 9
I have tried to remedy this using Symantec and MS docs to no avail. Where can I get a fix for the following? No event errors logged on the server either, Help! AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\Server\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). Snapshot provider error (0xE000FED1): A failure occurred querying the Writer status. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details. Writer Name: Exchange Server, Writer ID: {76FE1AC4-15F7-4BCD-987E-8E1ACB462FB7}, Last error: The VSS Writer failed, but the operation can be retried (0x800423f3), State: Failed...

HELP! CD Drive Not Accessible
I have a Dell desktop with a CD R/W drive (D:\) and a DVD R/W drive (E:\). Two months ago, I started having a problem. When trying to access the D:\ drive, I would get the message "Drive not accessible..." When putting a CD with known good data in the E:\ drive, opening the drive shows the CD to be blank. I "fixed" the problem by completely uninstalling Yahoo! Music. Both drives worked just fine for a couple of weeks, until just a few days ago. The problem has come back...exactly the same as before. I did install Adobe CS3 as well as Adobe Lightroom about a week ...

Date expressions
Hello I am just wondering if there is an easy way that an expression can be used to calculate the number of days in a month? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance AC well, the number of days in a month can change - specifically, the number of days in February, depending on what year it is. for the number of days in a *specific month of a specific year*, the following will work, as Public Function isDaysCount(ByVal dat As Date) As Integer Dim dat2 As Date dat2 = DateAdd("m", 1, dat) isDaysCount = DateDiff("d", DateSerial(Year...

Indirect function help
Please help - I followed the directions at the site below to set up data validation where the second list is based on the selection of the first list. The first list works fine but the second list doens't have anything in the dropdown, even though there are items on the list. The name box for the dependent list matches one of the items on the first list. For the dependent list, the data validation is set to List with the Source as =INDIRECT(A2). I set all of column A with data validation for the 1st list and all of column B for the second list. What other information do ...

Date Range Button on a Chart
Hi, I have a chart that is based off of a pivot table. I would like to have a date range button on my chart. When the user selects the date range, I want the charte to automatically update. I remember doing something like this very easily in a training class before, but have failed to remember how to do it. Any guidance is appreciated. A pivot chart has the same controls as the pivot table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How to restore close, minimize, maximize buttons
Either intentionally or otherwise, I don't remember, in my MFC forms based application I lost everything in my program's title bar expect for the title itself. Now I cannot figure out how to get them back. I tried changing the form's properties with no luck and also cannot find reference to these controls in the form's code. Does anyone know where the code to show these buttons normally is in a generated MFC project, or how I can re-add them? Go to resource editor and right click on the dialog you want to restore the properties. You can change style to include whatever you...

If statement help #5
I have a worksheet, and if cell 1 contains the word "Minimum," I need it to compare cells 2 and 3. I need it to run the equation in cell 4 =if(cell3>=cell2,"yes","no") But if cell1 contains the word Maximum, I need it to compare cells 2 and 3 and run the equation: =if(cell3<=cell2,"Yes","No") I think you can use the =find statement, but I cannot get it to work. Any suggestions? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=get...

Help required please
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where I get data from a web query, this data is in Column A Row 10 to Column T Row 50. This data changes when I refresh the query and can be 10 rows 15 rows 23 rows up to a maximum of 40 rows. What I want to do is to save the data I already have to a separate worksheet before I refresh data. Any suggestions on how I could accomplish this task would be very welcome. Best regards, Eamon hi, add this to public sub copyquery() Application.Goto Reference:="your query name" Selection.Copy Sheets.Add Range("A1").select Sele...

Help please? #2
Hi all I am currently writing a program where I have made up a userform which asks the user to type in three bits of information. Date of the report what is the report of does this person need to see a doctor. I was hoping to have the code place these on to the worksheet and then either:(this is where i need advice) bring up a scanning program, scan the image and then create a hyperlink which i know is very complicated. but I would like for the scanning to be done at the same time as the questions so that the hyperlink isnt confused. so it would be like this A ...

Need help with updating linked data
Hi, I've searched the online help and elsewhere on the internet for solution to my problem, but have had no luck so far. I'm creating a report that is to be in one excel datasheet, then linke across several powerpoint slides as one continuous table. The data needs to be updated monthly and changes reflected in th powerpoint automatically. So, my newb question is; is it actually possible to do this, and how? I've had no luck linking or embedding the file, I am unaware as to ho to split it across several powerpoint slides whilst keeping the abilit to link to the original file...

Can't Backup Info Store, please help
When we use the NTBackup utility in SBS 2003 to backup Exchange, we get an error. We select the Information Store option from the backup utility and at the end of the backup get the following error. Any clue what this is and how to fix? thanks Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "taurus_email_backup.bkf created 7/21/2004 at 10:05 PM" Backup of "TAURUS\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup description: "Set created 7/21/2004 at 10:05 PM" Media name: "taurus_email_backu...