Alternate row color for combo box

Please advice how to make the alternate row color of a combo box. I mean one
row white the next yellow, next row white, next row yellow color and so on.

I am using Access 2000

Regards

Irshad

On Fri, 14 May 2010 22:44:01 -0700, Irshad Alam
<IrshadAlam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

There is no built-in way to do this. If you feel strongly about this,
let Microsoft know and submit a feature request.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Please advice how to make the alternate row color of a combo box. I mean one
>row white the next yellow, next row white, next row yellow color and so on.
>
>I am using Access 2000
>
>Regards
>
>Irshad
0
Tom
5/15/2010 12:57:44 PM
It's possiblet that TList from Bennet-Tec might work (but it's a commercial
product you'd have to purchase)
http://www.bennet-tec.com/btProducts/TList/TList.htm

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele

"Tom van Stiphout" <tom7744.no.spam@cox.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 May 2010 22:44:01 -0700, Irshad Alam
> <IrshadAlam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> There is no built-in way to do this. If you feel strongly about this,
> let Microsoft know and submit a feature request.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

>>Please advice how to make the alternate row color of a combo box. I mean
>>one
>>row white the next yellow, next row white, next row yellow color and so
>>on.
>>
>>I am using Access 2000
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Irshad

0
Douglas
5/15/2010 2:44:00 PM
On Sat, 15 May 2010 10:44:00 -0400, "Douglas J. Steele"
<NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, if we step outside of the proverbial box, there are plenty of
products. Infragistics had one that could do this as well.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>It's possiblet that TList from Bennet-Tec might work (but it's a commercial
>product you'd have to purchase)
>http://www.bennet-tec.com/btProducts/TList/TList.htm
0
Tom

Changing text/color after a time period?
I hope some of the brilliant Excel people here can help me out. What I am looking to do, is enter a date in a certain cell (if it helps conceptualize, the date that I ship something to someone). Is it possible to have that cell with the "ship date" in it, either change colors, or change the font size, or something, after 30 days have gone by? My reasoning is that the product I ship out, has to be back to me in 30 days, or a penalty will incur to the other party. I just want these fields that have exceeded the 30 day mark, to stick out, so I can easily identify them. Thanks for any h...

filter on the rows
Is there any possibility to make a filter on the rows -- shlomo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shlomop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=973 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46709 As far as I know, no. Filters can only be applied to columns. You ma need to transpose your data to apply a filter. I'm sure if someone knows of a way (probably via VBA) they will post solution. Good Luck Bruc -- swatsp0 --------------------------------------------------------------...

Help: Macro that runs various if statements, inserting rows etc
I am a newcomer to Macros and excel programming and was hoping someone could assist / provide the code to do the following: I have a +50,000 line spreadsheet, that needs to be formatted. Given the size I would like to automate this. There are 3 key formatting changes required and detailed below: n = 1 1. If Cell A(n) not equal Cell A(n+1) then insert a new row below A(n), make Cell F(insertedrow)=1, make Cell G(insertedrow)=A(n+1), make Cell H(insertedrow)=B(n+1) 2. If Cell C(n) not equal Cell C(n+1) then insert a new row below C(n), make Cell F(insertedrow)=2, make Cell G(inserte...

How can I manually add rows to datagridview.
Hello. What is the elegant way to add rows to datagridview that is bounded to bindingSource object. (Only manually. I need sample code, please). Thanks :) Mr. X. wrote: > Hello. > What is the elegant way to add rows to datagridview that is bounded to > bindingSource object. > (Only manually. I need sample code, please). > > Thanks :) You would add new items to the object, if the object was a collection of objects as an example were being bounded and rebind the object. I think when I use bounded component - it is too complicated to handle it manual...

Typing text is impossibly slow in text boxes when in publishing layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to type or edit text in a text box in a template document (a newsletter template) the typing, editing, deleting, backspacing or what ever, is absolutely impossibly slow. Am I doing something wrong or do I have something set up wrong. If it remains this way I will not be able to work in this program. Apart from using Publishing Layout View, I suspect you are not doing anything wrong. Publishing Layout View requires very powerful hardware, and even then it tends to crash a lot. If I were you...

How to? Anyway to have two Exchange mail box for one user account?
Hi, Just wondering if one domain user can have two exchange mail box. The reason is, that the VP in our company wants his secretary to receive every piece of e-mail he gets. That was fine until I learned how many e-mail that VP gets per day, which quickly overwhelm secretary'y mail box. So, my idea is to setup another mailbox just to take care VP's forwarding e-mail, while the original mailbox will not receive any VP's mail. Is it possible? Thanks for any help. Jadefox Sort of. Set up a second mailbox and point the alternative delivery for the VP to that mailbox. Give the sec...

Row Colors
In Excel 2007, need to differentiate rows by color. In column M, "H" = Color 1 "A" = Color 2 "P" = Color 3 "L" = Color 4 I will be printing data from the spreadsheet, so I'd like to use lighter shades of colors rather than the bright, primary colors that will show up dark on printed pages. Thanking you in advance. Betty Betty, i don't understand when you say "H", "A"....etc do you mean if the letter is found in column M? Betty K;578287 Wrote: > In Excel 2007, need to differentiate rows by colo...

find and delete row
Hi Can we have a macro which finds something and deletes that entire ro and that too like 3 or more criterias: like if it finds "------" and "manual" and "blank" and so on a macro with multiple criteria option, like all at one go thank u so much frnd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try something like the following (looks in column A): Sub delete_rows() Dim RowNdx As Long Dim LastRow As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step -1 wi...

need to create a list box based on the selection of another list
I've done this in excel using =indirect in the list box. need to repeat in acces.. did have a response about a week ago, but cannot trace the link someone gave me. sorry to have to ask again, but it looked exatly what i wanted - had a new computer at work and they lost all my stored data... thanks what's your question ? -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Gover" wrote: > I've done this in excel using =indirect in the list box. need to repeat in > acces.. did have a response about a week ago, but cannot trace the link > someone gave me. sorry to have t...

Purchase combo cases
I have a client with a liquor store running RMS. Very frequently one of their vendors offers special "combo packs" containing different items. For instance, they recently purchased a Jack Daniels combo which included one case each of 200ml, 375ml, & 50ml all for one combined price. Since each bottle size is set up with a parent - child relationship, how does one enter this type of purchase? -- Ed You could set it up as a kit item. If you do, make sure you have the most recent post SP2 hotfix installed. 1.2.0174 "Ed Secco" <EdSecco@discussions.microsoft.com...

I selected row 1 and row 2 to freeze and it is freezing at row 12
I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row 12? Select one row only, if you want 2 rows above where it freezes select row 3, that will leave row1 and 2 unaffected when you scroll down -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lori Brooks" <Lori Brooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C968CA9B-35A3-427E-993C-D36F3B6D37B7@microsoft.com... >I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row >12? Hi, To freeze row 1 & 2 select A3 and then Window|Freeze Panes Mike "Lori Broo...

how to add word to the front of every word in all rows automatica.
I had 1000+ words in all the rows and now I would like to add a symbol "\" to the front of every words of all rows. Example: The initial word I had is "people" and now I would like to make it to "\people". All the rows contain of different words and I just want to add a slash in front of evey words. I would like to know how to make it. Say your data is in column A. Then insert a new column A and use a formula like: ="\"&a1 and drag down You can select that column and edit|copy edit|paste special|values and toss the original column if you wan...

lost ability to filter by color
Originally when using the filter I was given the option to filter by color or color of text but now I am no longer given that option. check your other post "ichirus" wrote: > Originally when using the filter I was given the option to filter by color or > color of text but now I am no longer given that option. ...

Combo Box On Click
I can't get an On Click event to work with a combo box. It looks like it automatically turns into an After Update event. My Combo Box has two columns with the first column hidden because it is a key field. The combo box is also displayed as a hyperlink so that the user can click the list item value to open a form. But I can get the On Click event to work if the user is selecting an existing value in the combo box. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. My observation as been that the Click event and the After Update events for combo boxes are essentially (or maybe entir...

How do I calculate checked boxes in a report or query?
I have created a table and a form with yes/no checked boxes, now I'd like to make a report or a query and in this I'd like to calculate how much was done (according to a checked box) from a respective year. How can I do this? Use date criteria and this for the count --- Sum(Abs(Nz([YourCheckBox],0))) -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "leona" wrote: > I have created a table and a form with yes/no checked boxes, now I'd like to > make a report or a query and in this I'd like to calculate how much was done > (according to a checked box) fr...

Help with List box and subform
How can I make a sub form go a record based on the selection made in a list box in the main form? thanks The simplest way would be to bind your subform to the mainform using the Link Child and Link Master fields on the subform controls data property tab. If that won't work for you, for some reason (if for example the subform is already bound by some other field, and you are using the listbox to expand on that feature), try: Private Sub lst_Test_Click() Dim rs As dao.Recordset Dim frm As Form Set frm = Me.sub_MySub.Form Set rs = frm.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst...

Publisher colors print different on page one than on page two
My publication has two pages. I print x number of the first page, then flip them over to print x number of page 2. No matter which I print first, or how many, page one colors are sharper than page 2 (using the same RBG for both sides) Does anyone know why? -- Thanks snack6_enbert wrote: > My publication has two pages. I print x number of the first page, then flip > them over to print x number of page 2. No matter which I print first, or how > many, page one colors are sharper than page 2 (using the same RBG for both > sides) Does anyone know why? Sounds like you're usi...

message box without ok or cancel button
I need a customized message box without any response option, without OK or CANCEL or any other response button. Simply showing my macro is in process and do not disturb. Can anyone help me Can't see how you could do this with MsgBox, although you could of course create your own custom form. You would still need some way of closing it, and the X button at top-right would (normally) still be there. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Subash" <Subash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9A2BDD-1FBB-4530-A345-39B27A...

What is an alternative to nested IF statements?
Consider two rows of cells. The cells in the first row have names picked from a validation drop down list. I'd like each of the names to correspond to a specific number which needs to populate in the cell below the name. So if I pick cell A1 to be John, A2 should be 6. If I pick B1 to be Sally, B2 should be 89. I'd like to create a table somewhere that lets me list the names with their respective values. I know I can write something like... If(A1 = "john", 6) ....but how does one accomplish this with 20 or so names? Thank you! >how does one accomplish this w...

insert rows--->protected sheet
I have a protected sheet in Excel 2007, and I would like to write a macro that allows a user to insert a new row(s) that also copies the formulas (but not the text/data) from the previous row. When I searched for a possible solution, I found the following macro #2, which works perfectly, if the sheet is unprotected. I use the following code (macro #1) in another macro to unprotect a sheet temporarily to run a macro, then re-protect it. I select a row on the spreadsheet and run the macro InsertRowsAndFillFormulas_caller(). I get a "Compile Error: Invalid or Unqualified ...

Linking cells in rows and filling adjacent sheets
Hello, I hope somebody can help me with this...pretty please! I am still learning in Excel and I have no idea how i can do the following...I think by starting this I have definitely bitten off more than I can chew:- Sheet 1 (Master Sheet) - used to input data daily through drop down boxes Col 1: Yr Col 2: Mth Col 3: Date Col 4: Truck Rego Col 5: Arrv Gate time Col 6: Depart Gate time Col 7: Load on (numerical) Col 8: Load off (numerical) Col 7: Trip (always 1) Col 8: Formulated for total gate time Col 9: Formulated for total loads NB: Each trucks may do as many as 9 or 10 trips each a day. ...

How do I delete rows while maintaining textbox spatial relationsh.
I have a lengthy spreadsheet with text boxes specifically spaced in an excel document. In Excel 2003, I could delete rows and everything below the deletion would move together. In Excel 2007, the text boxes remain while the cells move. This ruins the visual format of the file. I can't find a setting to control whether objects move when cells are deleted. Hi Drew, I know it's tad delayed but perhaps this is what you need. Highlight your text box, then right click and choose "Format Tex Box". Under "Properties" tab you need to select one of the following opt...

Easily disable multiple controls in dialog box
How can I easily disable/enable a bunch of controls on a dialog box? I have a long series of settings that I want to tie to a single check box as to whether they are enabled or not. And I'd rather not create a dozen or more member variable for each one and hard code calling EnableWindow on each one. I'd like something like the Panel object in C++Builder, that I can just put all the controls on that and call that objects EnableWindow to do them all. Is there anything like this in MFC? -- Jonathan Arnold inSORS "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold_online@insors_comm.com> wrot...

how can i increase number of rows beyone 65536 in excel sheet
the maximum of number of rows that are available in an excel sheet are only 65536,i would like to enhance it to my choice. Plase mail me how can i do it ,either by writing a macro , or other way. please also mail me the entire procedure, where to correct and where to run the macro etc. You want the car washed and the dog taken out as well? There is no way of extending this, use a database or multiple sheets -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "increasing number of rows in excel sheet" <increasing number of rows in excel sheet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F6...

Counting by color
I saw this formula on Chip Pearson's site. According to Chip: You can use the ColorIndexOfRange function to get the sum of the values in those cells whose color index is some specified value. For example, the following array formula will sum the values of the cells in range B11:B17 whose fill color is red. =SUM(B11:B17*(COLORINDEXOFRANGE(B11:B17,FALSE,1)=3)) I tried to use this formula in a spreadsheet, but received a#NAME? error. I'm trying to count all occurences in a range of cells that are in red font, but I'm not having much luck. The ColorIndexOfRange fu...