allowing or disallowing changing the state of check box

Hi,
what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of
check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I've tried with "before update"
event procedure. It seems to work but after, when I press anything else on
the form event procedure is repeating?
Any help?
thanx

alekmil

One addition:
The problem occurs (repeating) when Cancel = True was applied previosly.

"alekm" wrote:

> Hi,
> what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of
> check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I've tried with "before update"
> event procedure. It seems to work but after, when I press anything else on
> the form event procedure is repeating?
> Any help?
> thanx
>
> alekmil
Try using the enter event of the checkbox to check if user has right to
change to checkbox.

If you don't want user to change the textbox, lock the textbox.

Me.TextboxName.Locked = True

If it's OK for the user to change the textbox, unlock it.
Me.TextboxName.Locked = False

Note: replace my object names with your names.

"alekm" <alekm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One addition:
> The problem occurs (repeating) when Cancel = True was applied previosly.
>
> "alekm" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state
>> of
>> check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I've tried with "before
>> update"
>> event procedure. It seems to work but after, when I press anything else
>> on
>> the form event procedure is repeating?
>> Any help?
>> thanx
>>
>> alekmil

0
Jeanette
5/14/2010 10:28:07 AM
Or you could disable it when the form is opened using the form's On Open or
On Current event.  Use the same code.
--
Amy E. Baggott

"I''m going crazy and I''m taking all of you with me!" -- Linda Grayson

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> Try using the enter event of the checkbox to check if user has right to
> change to checkbox.
>
> If you don't want user to change the textbox, lock the textbox.
>
> Me.TextboxName.Locked = True
>
> If it's OK for the user to change the textbox, unlock it.
> Me.TextboxName.Locked = False
>
> Note: replace my object names with your names.
>

> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>
> "alekm" <alekm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > One addition:
> > The problem occurs (repeating) when Cancel = True was applied previosly.
> >
> > "alekm" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state
> >> of
> >> check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I've tried with "before
> >> update"
> >> event procedure. It seems to work but after, when I press anything else
> >> on
> >> the form event procedure is repeating?
> >> Any help?
> >> thanx
> >>
> >> alekmil
>

> .

old email addresses replaced by new will not allow owa access
Hello all, We have changed our email format from first initial last@XXX.com with firstname.lastname@XXX.com I went to remove the old email address for my account. once I did that I was not able to access OWA. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance. How do you log on to OWA? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Rollin West" <Rollin West@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF891802-5928-4E91-9F64-1AC93EB6E45A@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > We have changed our ema...

CHANGING CASE #5
Is there a macro or formula that can be run to change the case of selected cells from lower to higher case letters? thank you for any help here Jerry Both: macro: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper Formula: =UPPER(A1) In article <OWnXQUDOIHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "JERRY" <JERRY@HOME> wrote: > Is there a macro or formula that can be run to change the case of selected > cells from lower to higher case letters? > > thank you for any help here > Jerry ...

Can I use named range in data range box when creating pie chart?
I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges in the data range box to speed this up? Yes. Just type in the name. -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "BJackson" <BJackson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE9A0AD-C3BA-4242-B3BA-3CC3F0D87894@microsoft.com... >I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges >in > the data range box to speed this up? Thank you! I was making it too difficult, thinking I needed to include the Sheet name along with the name range. ...

Formatting a Text Box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do you format the text within a text box to be centered both horizontally and vertically? <br><br>I am attempting to create a template using aligned text boxes so that 1 or 2 lines of text can be typed into the box and it will always be centered. Horizontal is easy to do, but I am not succeeding with the vertical? <br><br>The intent of this is to be able to enter names into each box and print and cut out name tag inserts. Maybe I'm using the wrong approach? Thanks! Well, the approach you are us...

Combo Box #25
Hi, I have a combobox that is linked to Range = A1:A11, using the RowSource = A1:A11 in the properties window. The problem is that I launch the combobox in a tab, and the range A1:A11 is in another tab. Is there anyway to specify which tab the range A1:A11 is in. The combobox launches from a chart and the range A1:A11 are the charts you can choose. Thanks Just type in the name: 'Sheet 99'!a1:a11 Jeff wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a combobox that is linked to Range = A1:A11, using the RowSource = > A1:A11 in the properties window. The problem is that I launch...

Change AutoFormat
Hi All, When you choose one of the AutoFormats for your report, can you make changes manually in the properties box? I was trying to change the height of my alternating background but I wasn't able to do it. Is this the "rule" of AutoFormat or is there a not too complicated way to make changes? TIA...appreciate it! ...

Changing the Default Activity Time
Hi I would like to change the default time shown when creating new Activities. The current default is 30 minutes. We woul like to reduce this to 5 mins etc depending on the Activity. Michael, You cannot do this in CRM by using the standard tools. You could try and edit the activity aspx page and use some client side scripting to change the picklist value at runtime. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Michael" wrote: > Hi > > I would like to change the default time shown when creating new Activities. > The current default is 30 minutes. We woul like...

Enterprise Resource std rate change
We are changing the std rate for our IT resources in 2010. I've noticed that when I change the rate, the costs per task that were already completed in 2009 change to the new rate also. How can you keep the tasks that were completed in 2009 at the 2009 rate and all uncompleted tasks going into 2010 at the new rate? Thanks for any help I can get on this issue. Hi, Change the rate by opening the Resources in Project Pro from the Enterprise Global. Set an effective date of 1/1/2010 and all costs earlier than the entered date maintain the old rate. Only work from the effecti...

How do I stop OneNote changing my default font
Hi, I have set the default font in Tools - Options - Editing - Default Font, which I thought would set the "Default Font". (in OneNote 2007) This font is used for some things such as titles of notes, but any text I put in the body of the note reverts to Calibri. I tried changing it to my default font, but every new line or bullet point, it uses Calibri again. Is there another Default Font setting somewhere or some way to talk it out of this habit? Many thanks Roger ...

Changing IP subnet information on domain computers
is there a powershell script to change the subnet mask and gateway of some domain computers in one go. We have moved to a new network and i have about 40 servers whose subnet mask need to be changed and I am sure somewhere I read there is a powershell script which can change IP infomation. Can anyone advise. We are running all windows 2003 servers. Take a look here: http://www.powershellpro.com/powershell-tutorial-introduction/powershell-wmi-methods/ Marco "guv" <guv@> wrote in message news:efuDE9CzKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > is there a power...

Edit box border
Hi, How can I change the border of a edit box ? Thanks "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ONbQb59pEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > How can I change the border of a edit box ? From what to what? -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Hi Jeff, As default they have borders I want to disappear it. Like we do it thru its properties. Thanks in advance "Jeff Partch" <jeffp@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23yB0C99pEHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:ONb...

Saving Emails and Address Book when changing OS
I am about to upgrade my OS from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 Pro. I am going to reformat my HD when I do it. How do I save my emails and adress contacts so I can reload them after I reload Outlook? The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048601c3bc2f$0a7a2e10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

Entering a call changes name of underlying security in 2006
When I add a call option via symbol lookup in MS Money 2006 Premium on a stock I already have in my portfolio, MS Money changes the name of the underlying security to a call name. So, if I owned Microsoft stock and sold a call in it, I go to an account in MS Money. I go to the Transaction Form and in the Investment field, I enter a name, ex. Microsoft Call 9/05 $27.50. I then get prompted to identify the type of investment, which, in this case, is an Equity Option. It then asks if I want it to Find Symbol. I click on Find Symbol, enter the symbol MSFT in the Option tab and it shows &...

Protect Worksheet but allow to insert or delete rows
I have set up a worksheet, locked and unlocked cells as needed and I want to allow the user to insert and delete rows. But, when I set protection and tick "Insert Rows" and tick "Delete Rows"; the menu only will allow "Insert Rows", the "Delete Rows" field is not accessible. Solution? Do you get an error message saying that you can't delete the row since there are locked cells on that row? I do when I protect a worksheet using your options and then rightclick on a row number and choose delete. (And that row contains locked cells.) Bob L Hill...

Text Box Defaults
Hi, Im trying to set a text box Default Value to a public variable in my database I have set the Default Value to = MyVariable(60) but all I get is #Name? the variable is a variant and I have checked to see that whats stored in the variable can be entered into the text box. Help! Steve - Land Down Under Steve, Is MyVariable the name of a Function? If so, I would expect it to work as the textbox's Default Value, as long as its syntax is correct. I would suspect that the #Name? error may not be related at all to this Default Value property. It is more likely to be related to the ...

Auto-Fit Text Box as Default
In Publisher, can 1 setup "Best-Fit" in textbox auto-fill as default?? As it stands now, I have to go in and change it "per" document, but would like to have this always on for all my new docs Thank you H wood I don't know a way that you can do that. I am confused by the statement that you have to change it "per" document since it is a change that is made per textbox. The problem with making text boxes best fit by default is that they can't be linked to by other text boxes. -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. "Hwood&...

To: box does not complete entry from address book
I have just switched one of my e-mail accounts from OE to Outlook. When I try to create a new message in Outlook, I start typing the name, but autocomplete does not finish the entry. I have checked in Tools to make sure autocomplete is turned on. The only way I can send a new message is to select the name from the address book. In OE, all I had to do was to start typing the name in the To: box. I must be missing something that is probably fairly obvious. To make the switch, I copied my OE contacts into the Outlook Contacts folder. Thanks for any help. Help with what? You are describing...

Research box appears but doesn't actually search for anything
Whenever i try and use the research facility, it says that it is searching but always comes back with 'results not found'. I'm not looking up anything particularly wacky so there should be options there and there aren't. Help please! How do i make this work? ...

changing paper size #2
I need to change an existing flier created in publisher from letter to legal size. When I try changing the paper size (under printer set up and page set up or change template size) the flier is spread out between two pages. I can only see the two pages in print preview, when I'm working on it I can only see one page. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks -- ln Publisher 2007? When you are finished creating your flyer, File, print, reset your page preferences on this print screen. There is a print preview on this screen, the preview should be correct with no tiling. -- Mary Sauer ...

How do I change the footer bar from count to sum for highlighted .
just changed to office 2007 and can't select a range of cells to immediately show the sum total on the footer stats bar Have you tried right mouse clicking on the status bar and then choosing the function(s) you want to see? 2007 allows multiple functions (e.g. Sum, Avg, Min). "RobEgg" wrote: > just changed to office 2007 and can't select a range of cells to immediately > show the sum total on the footer stats bar ...

Use input box to fill cells?
My question may be quite simple, but I have not been able to find any info on it (due, no doubt to ignorance) I want to use the info from an input box to fill certain cells, basically prompting the user for the info to populate the cells. Let's say that I want to put customer names in A8-A100. How can this be written to allow the user to have this info put in, be able to exit at any point, and possibly insert cells if they go beyond the range stated above? Thanks Maybe you could select the range, then do data|form? David Sizemore wrote: > > My question may be quite simple, but ...

Change Tab Without changing focus
Is is possible to change the active tab of a tab control without using ..setfocus? Based on what Machine a users selects in a combo box, I want to change the current tab to reflect the proper machine. This code is called from several different text boxes in their afterupdate event. But when I tab out, it sets the focus to the tab instead of to the next control. I want to change the tab, but then set focus to the next control. Thanks in advance. Change the Value of the tab control to the desired tab page's pageindex value: Me.TabControl.Value = 3 -- ...

Change view mode
Hi, My word 2007 open in Print Layout mode, how to I tell Word 2007 to open in draft mode for every document. SF To force all documents into Draft view, add the following auto macros to your normal.dotm (if you are already using auto macros, just add the lines of code to those macros): Sub AutoOpen() Options.AllowOpenInDraftView = True ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100 End Sub Sub AutoNew() Options.AllowOpenInDraftView = True ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentag...

Changing Business Units in CRM 3.0
Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most recent edits updated to system of record? On Jun 10, 1:44 am, KEO <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can someone confim this statement or correct me etc.........if I need to > change a few users' BU (business unit no longer extsts) and they are using > the CRM Client, do they need to be in off-line mode and have their most > recent edits ...

Excel chart data labels showing % change instead of value?
I'm needing to have my excel chart show me the percent change in my 2 series. I would like this in a data label over series 2 on the chart, but all I can figure out to do is have the value labeled. Does any one have any suggestions? I'm believe I'm using Excel 2002. You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm "MFritz" <MFritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29317BE2-4574-4623-8D5E-A3BA97B3FAE6@microsoft.com... > I'm needing to have my excel chart show me the percent change in my 2...