Allow Temporary Edits In Form To Table Values

Hello all!

I'm looking to allow a user to edit some values that are initially pulled
from a table, but I do not want those table values updated.

Reasoning:
The form pulls the number of hours a job will take and a cost per hour then
calculates the total cost.  Usually both of pulled numbers can be reduced for
a discounted total cost.  I'm trying to allow the user to calculate what the
discounted rate would be.

What I've Done So Far:
I've tried assigning the boxes to the fields, but then any changes are
reflected in the tables.  I've tried setting the values as TempVars as the
form loads but then the boxes are locked and can't be changed.

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious.  Any thoughts?

eric.neg wrote:
>Hello all!
>
>I'm looking to allow a user to edit some values that are initially pulled
>from a table, but I do not want those table values updated.
>
>Reasoning:
>The form pulls the number of hours a job will take and a cost per hour then
>calculates the total cost.  Usually both of pulled numbers can be reduced for
>a discounted total cost.  I'm trying to allow the user to calculate what the
>discounted rate would be.
>
>What I've Done So Far:
>I've tried assigning the boxes to the fields, but then any changes are
>reflected in the tables.  I've tried setting the values as TempVars as the
>form loads but then the boxes are locked and can't be changed.
>
>I feel like I'm missing something really obvious.  Any thoughts?

I suppose you could leave the form unbound and then load the form with a
record through code... Something like... open a filtered recordset containing
a single record, and then set the values of the controls on your form by
referencing the fields/index of the recordset's fields collection.  Then you
should be able to do calculations and nothing will be saved to the source
table, because the form is not bound.

PieterLinden

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

help with dynamic tables

Filling Web Form
Dear freinds Hello, I have written code in vc++ using MFC to fill the Webform using HTTP post method and I'm able to fill the form but I'm facing a problem that I'm unable to fill login name and password. So any one amongst you have any Idea or help then please help me With Regards Sachin ...

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Querying multiple records in two tables

Sum amount if = 2 value's

free ActiveX Control for MathML editing
I'd like to suggest free ActiveX Control for MathML creating/editing/rendering: http://www.hermitech.ic.zt.ua/hdata/fmlaxxp_home.php This ActiveX Control is a part of Formulator MathML Suite by Hermitech Laboratory: http://www.hermitech.ic.zt.ua. It makes it simple to develop new software products, keenly aware of the mathematical typesetting and MathML presentation/semantics rules. Vyacheslav Levitsky ...

Excel pivot table #2

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Where can I get a good holiday booking form for my golf business?
I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del Sol. One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbers, flight enquiries and car hire enquiries. Any help would be much appreciated on a tight budget. Thanks Dave Wrong forum. Try templates or doing it yourself. :-) -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Dave" wrote: > I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del > Sol. > One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbe...

Tables in 2007
What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does the table have a name? I did read in help that you can post a 2007 table to sharpoint services. What does that mean? -- Thanks. Confused Hi, Go to the excel help and type Tables then open the one that says Demo: Organize your data by using an Excel table, and then in How to do it, click on Overview of Excel Tables if this helps please click yes, thanks "Confused" wrote: > What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does > the table have a name? > > I did read...

Lotus123 Millennium Edition 9 to Excel 2003
I have several files in Lotus 123 Mellennium ed 9. Is there a way to convert files in Excel 2000/2003 Thanks Excel does not have a converter for .123 format files so you would have to either convert such files to Excel format or .WK4 format from 1-2-3 or use a conversion program like Conversions Plus (www.datawiz.com). -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "NR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:354b01c4aa1b$58c65b90$a401280a@phx.gbl... |I have several files in Lotus 123 Mellennium ed 9. | Is there a way to convert files in Excel 2000/2003 | Thanks ...

Compare each value in a range to each value in another range
I am looking for a macro that will return a comparison of each cell in a range to each cell in another range. example. the first range would have vales of 1,2,3 and the second range would have values of 5,6,7 Thus the macro should return 9 possible comparisons: 1 & 5, 1 & 6, 1 & 7, 2 & 5, 2 & 6, 2 & 7, 3 & 5, 3 & 6, 3 & 7, Can anybody help me with this?? Just hazarding some thoughts here .. Perhaps using formulas would suffice ? Example: Assume 1st range is A1:A3, 2nd range is B1:B3. Then Compare 1st range against 2nd range I...

Howto save an edited xml doc w/MSXML
The following script modifies the content of my xml file: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim nodeSel, nodeVal, index Dim name : name = "//ROOT/first_level/second_level/third_level" Dim xmlfile : xmlfile = "temp.xml" Dim value : value = "false" Dim xDoc Set xDoc = CreateObject( "MSXML.DOMDocument" ) index = 0 If xDoc.Load( xmlfile ) Then Set nodeSel = xDoc.selectSingleNode( name ) 'WScript.Echo "Found node", nodeS...

Deleting a Batch from company DB table SY00500
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C96F54.F7568BB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to see all the TRX in a Batch saved in SY00500. Also, what if we delete a batch in SY00500 will there be any other place = to look for; besides this? I had a batch sitting here for a long time = and there were few (3) trxs ( Sales Credits) in it as well. I wonder if I could retrieve those one by one and then delete them as = well as these belong to a fiscal period which is closed plus we...

Does table size make a difference in how well Access protects data
I am having a problem that has been going on for several weeks now. I am slowly trying to figure it out. the problem is that Access 2003 keeps deleting records after they are entered. Quick view of database: running Access 2k3 back end and frontends, 12 machines access the DB at any one time, mixture of Win2k Pro and Win XP pro all patches and service packs installed for all OS's as well as Access 2k3. Running Client/server set up controlled by Small Business Server 2k3. database resides on a machine running XP Pro. when new orders are entered into the system, the DB will tell the d...

Add/Editing a shared workbook hyperlink
I have a shared Excel work book containing many hyperlinks. The users add or edit the hyperlinks every time during the day. The problem is that in order to add or edit a hyperlink one has to take off the shared workbook. Can any one help me out here I want to share the file and add and edit the hyperlinks without kining out other users. Thanks sana ...

Error 553 "sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"
Using outlook 2002 and mail returned as follows. Please help. "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)" You may need to authenticate to your outgoing server. To set this up, click on "More Settings..." on your account page, then go to the "Outgoing Server" tab. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Anthea" <antheama@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:046a01c34ec5$f2f2fb40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Using outlook 2002 and ma...

Value (Y) axis crosses between categories and Secondary Value (Y) Axis
Hi all - I have 7 series on my chart Series 1 is column chart - may be area chart eventually (2007 data) Series 2 is column chart 2008 data Series 3 is column chart 2007 avg Series 4 is a column chart 2008 avg Series 5 is a line chart (32,0 benchmark) Series 6 is a line chart (points to column chart for 2007 avg, I then add text to right to explain the column) Series 7 is a line chart (points to column chart for 2008 avg, I then add text to right to explain the column) I would like the column charts for 2007 and 2008 data to be flush to the origin (12 data points each year) I would like the ...

Paste Special, Values, Transpose
Is there a way in Access 2007 to use the paste special features available in Excel? I have data in Excel that I will be copying and pasting into a form in Access. Importing would be tricky because not all tickets on the spreadsheet need to be copied. The issue is I receive the spreadsheet from another workgroup and they've merged cells and have the data going down one column, 19 rows. I can copy, paste special within Excel to get the data formatted right, then copy it into Access. I'm hoping there's an easier way. Any suggestions? Thanks! Jim Jim - ...

how2 create identity column on contact form
how to use identity contact_id column on sql contactbase table, because i want to, auto increment id field with contactid The ContactId field is defined as a uniqueidetifier (ie. GUID). When you create records via the SDK calls, this value will be assigned for you automatically. I would not recommend going directly against the tables to create records. "tashtan" <mehmettastan@gmx.net> wrote in message news:e44cBjtoDHA.2868@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... how to use identity contact_id column on sql contactbase table, because i want to, auto increment id field with contactid ...