After update 10-31-07

I'm using an After Update event on a form to update one field with the
current date when a checkbox is checked, but the date doesn't display until I
scroll down the form.  Is there some way to get the date to display right
after the box is checked (or at least once the next record is selected)?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Thanks,
Tom

TomK

Sounds like you have a control that has a Name that is different from the
name of the date field.

In the AfterUpdate code, use the name of the control, not its field name.

"TomK via AccessMonster.com" <u28588@uwe> wrote in message
> I'm using an After Update event on a form to update one field with the
> current date when a checkbox is checked, but the date doesn't display
> until I
> scroll down the form.  Is there some way to get the date to display right
> after the box is checked (or at least once the next record is selected)?

0
Allen
10/31/2007 1:46:15 PM
Thanks, Allen!  That's what it was all right.

I appreciate it!

Tom

Allen Browne wrote:
>Sounds like you have a control that has a Name that is different from the
>name of the date field.
>
>In the AfterUpdate code, use the name of the control, not its field name.
>
>> I'm using an After Update event on a form to update one field with the
>> current date when a checkbox is checked, but the date doesn't display
>> until I
>> scroll down the form.  Is there some way to get the date to display right
>> after the box is checked (or at least once the next record is selected)?

--
Thanks,
Tom

TomK

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

Event ID 9554/Unable to Update Mailbox SD
I am continuing to get the event below; I referenced Microsoft KB 555433 in which it details how to use ADFind Utility to locate the mailbox in question and update the permissions -- however, there is no account in my domain that matches that GUID. Any ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/6/2005 Time: 8:59:59 AM User: N/A Computer: MY EXCHANGE SERVER Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: fe3913d5-a4e0-4c0e-b3b1-291f50d7fc4f. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.c...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

exchange 2003 +recepient update services
Hi i have this issue for months now. I have win2k AD network with exchange 2003. My pdc went down, but before it went down i managed to transfer all the FSO roles to my secondary domain controller successful. All seemed well, but then when i access exchage system manager to create a mailbox for a new user it gets up to 60% on the task but then throws up an error message of : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Create Mailbox" dcName="DC2" buildNumber="6944" runningAs="Administrator@domain....

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Combo Box problem 08-04-07
Why is my combo box in both the table and the bound form not accepting the hand-typed value and produces a "value not an item in the list" error even though I know for sure the value IS in the list? When I select the value from the list it wqorks fine and goes on to the next field.... Thanks Hi, Dennis. > Why is my combo box in both the table and the bound form not accepting the > hand-typed value and produces a "value not an item in the list" error even > though I know for sure the value IS in the list? No, the value _isn't_ in the list, because you ...

Update Problems
I have encountered repeated problems when I try to update my accounts online. Initially, the updates failed about a week ago. I have since "stopped using online services" and then re-started the online services (re-entering my information for each account) in the "Manage Online Services" window. When I do that, I have only been able to successfully update the accounts in Money that initial time. Every subsequent update fails. To make this even more strange, I noticed that my accounts in the Money.msn page update when I click "Update Now" in Money, but ...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

problem opening word 07
When I open word, a dialog box comes up which contains. among other things, the following instructions which I follow up to step 4 then I hit a snag as noted below. >The document contains macros. Macro language support for this application is disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available, Would you like to open this document read-only? Hide Help Open in Help Window • Microsoft Office Access, Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, or Microsoft Office Word -¬To check your macro security settings, click the Microsoft Office Button, click <program nam...

upgrading to exchange 2003 07-09-04
Hello, We are upgrading to exchange 2003 from exchange 2000. What do we need to do to keep our crm 1.2 working? Thanks Might be necessary to re-install the CRM email router on the exchange server once you've completed the upgrade. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >We are upgrading to exchange 2003 from exchange 2000. >What do we need to do to keep our crm 1.2 working? > >Thanks >. > ok, thanks >-----Original Message----- >Might be necessary to re-install the CRM email router on >the exchange server once you've completed the upgrade. >...

Query Not Working 06-11-07
Hello, I have set up a query for 1 table. The field I'm trying to run the query on is a text field. I enter a name (="smith, john") I get zero results. However I have confirmed that this user exists in the table. Also (if this helps), this field gets populated via a combo box on a form. The table being used for the lookup contains a "user" field which is also a text field Thanks. sometimes this is caused by a leading blank in the field. It displays very narrow. one solution sname: TRIM([field]) "CT" <ctroy01@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

CRM 1.2 07-27-06
My company wants to move away from CRM 1.2. They want to keep using the CRM database because of the volume of data that resides their. Can they still use the CRM database after the CRM 1.2 license expires? Yes. You own the data. As for the "license", it doesn't really expire. You have the rights to use the software, but you have a support contract which will expire. Once that expires, you will not be able to get free upgrade tot he software, but you can still continue to use the app. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hammer" <Hammer@discussions.microso...

Auto Filter 03-10-10
When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then go back to select all criteria certain rows are hidden, it does show all rows. Anyone know why? Did you mean "it does NOT show all rows"? If yes, then I'm guessing that you have more than one field/column filtered. In xl2003 menus, I'd use: Data|Filter|show all On the xl2007 ribbon, I think it's: Data tab|Sort & Filter group|Clear GV wrote: > > When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then > go back to select all criteria cer...

SFO error message "write protected change are not synchronized" 07-28-05
Hi! When I am changing (closing) an kalender activity from my CRM SFO klient i recieve an message that "The item is write protected in Microsoft CRM. Changes are not synchronized to the Microsoft CRM system" (translatet error message). Do you have any ide what i wrong? ...

WMDC in Windows 7 Ultimate 05-17-10
I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit version), and now I can't sync my HTC smartphone with my PC. Worked fine previously with Win 7 Home Premium, but now whenever I try and use/install Windows Mobile Device Centre, I get an error message saying WMDC can't be installed because one or more Windows components are missing. I've tried: restarting and reconnecting my smartphone rebooting my PC and reconnecting phone installing windows updates donwloading WMDC 6.1 and re-installing - all with same result where do I find the missing Windows components to make WMDC work? ...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

<no subject> 04-27-10
Jboiuguiogbjlanklo;abk ...

add public folder calendar to multiple user accounts favorite calendar list. 06-22-10
hey all, i need to add a public folder calendar to multiple user accounts "favorites" calendar list (shows as other calendars) in outlook 2007. i know, from outlook, you can right click and add to favorite to add it to an individual user's "other calendars" but i need to do this for a group of people. is there any way in exchange, gpo, or something to do this automatically based on group membership, etc.? thanks in advance. shrpshtr ...

Case 'Actual Duration' not getting updated in SQL
Knowledge Base article 913391: The "Actual Duration" field displays an incorrect value when you view the "Resolve Case" dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 This article corrects the time when you resolve a case by adding some script to an onsave event. Here is where it doesnt work: Lets say you go back and change the time from 2 hours to 4 hours on a Service Appointment. The form shows your updated time by running the onsave event but when you resolve the case, you original time displays and not the updated time. I looked in SQL and the ActualDuration and Sc...

How to update absolute MDB file paths in Excel worksheet
Dear All, My Excel worksheet contains many queries to a single Access-MDB-file. When I send the worksheet and the database to a colleague in another network Excel can't update the queries any more because it doesn't find the Access file. Obviously Excel stores the links to the Access file as absolute paths (like "X:\something\database.mdb"). How can I change alle the links to the Access file without creating every query again? Is it possible to store relative links to the Access file instead of absolute links? Unfortunately the Edit->Links tools does not work for data...

Problems while updating W2k3 + Exchange 2k3
Hello, I am experiencing a couple of problems with my windows 2003 and exchange server. I wanted to install the service packs for my windows 2003 and exchange 2003 server and noticed that both of the setups got hung up during the first step. I let the setup run for a couple of hours (>5) in the hope of the problem solving itself. So after forcefully terminating the setup of the service pack I decided to see if everything was working fine, so I tried to stop the exchange server services and noticed that I was not able to do so. I just received an error message saying that the servic...

Outlook Connector Problem 03-16-10
PLEASE HELP I have installed Outlook Connector on my computer and I have added an account. However I get the message "the connection has been interupted" sometimes and no emails have been downloaded. It says Error instead of connected. When I click for more details it says an unknown error has occurred during sync ...

Outlook 10 Rule not fully work
I had assigned a rule: when the new email is arrive Forward to "b" except the email from "b" Its work but not all incoming email has been forward! It was a Outlook 2002 SP2 and pop3 client Do you have the same problem? Thanks! rgds, David ...