Access OnDelete message

How do you stop the Access message when you delete a record.  I want to
create my own but can't figure out how to stop the Access delete confirmation
message.

You set the Response variable to the constant "acDataErrContinue" value in
the BeforeDelConfirm event procedure:

Private Sub Form_BeforeDelConfirm(Cancel As Integer, Response As Integer)
On Error Resume Next
Response = acDataErrContinue
End Sub

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"ABM" <ABM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you stop the Access message when you delete a record.  I want to
> create my own but can't figure out how to stop the Access delete
> confirmation
> message.

0
Ken

pictures in access 2003 database
I lost the thread, and cannot remember the answer. How do you reference a picture in a field. I remember the location of the picture/image was placed in a field. Is it a certain type of field? I am trying to create a basic family tree, with a picture and some info about the person. You can find the original thread here: http://bit.ly/8QE2cP Phil, London "Alnewt" <Alnewt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B76B2CA2-3945-401E-A8B2-7EA430AA7620@microsoft.com... > I lost the thread, and cannot remember the answer. How do you reference a > ...

gridlines in outlook (2002 sp2) messages?
im trying to make outlook print gridlines from excel sheets. i copy piece of an excel worksheet into clipboard and paste it into an outloo email. the gridlines appear ok. but when i go to print- they don appear on the preview or the print out. what do i need to do to make them visible? also when i paste the same clipboard contents into wordpad and selec print preview, the gridlines work! the only way i can figure how to ge the gridlines to work in outlook is to paste special and selec "microsoft excel worksheet". but the people here are pedantic, and wan to be able to just paste th...

Outlook XP cannot delete or move messages from inbox
I've got got a problem which Office XP on an older computer that belongs to my mother. It was taking a long time to load each day so I tried turning on Autoarchive. Weeks later I realized it was not working. There is a group of several hundred messages in the inbox that are the oldest messages there. They cannot be deleted or moved to another folder. It just pops up a little error message that tells me to try to restart Outlook. I've tried doing a repair on Office XP but that did not help. I've moved all of the movable messages to a temporary folder. Is it safe to delete in...

no MAPI access to default public folder tree content
Scenario: We have two backend mail servers (MS1,MS2) and a front-end OWA server (OWA1). Both servers have a public folder store with replicas of all of the public folders we use. Both pf stores are part of the "first administrative group/public folders" tree, the default public folder tree. The "default public folder" for all stores on MS1 point to the pf on MS1. The "default public folder" for all stores on MS2 point to the pf on MS2. Everything appears to be in sync. All servers are Exchange 2003. Issue: Users on MS1 can access public folders via OWA and ...

Error message #86
Outlook 2002 with SP3 and security, Win 2000 Can not access outlook getting message 0x80040116 unable to send and receive. Also can not seem to see my contacts. Was working 100 percent until sudden blue screen computer restarted and then this happened. Have taken program off and reloaded plus done the repair and fix program plus have done all the newest downloads suggested on web. Can anyone else give me some light on the subject. Possibly a paper for this error number Found and fixed MKBA #319128 In case anyone else runs into this nagging problem. Takes a few minutes but it is...

Operation failed message when starting Outlook
then it closes. Had message when trying to send/receive mail and when checking accounts, said I had a bad registry or need to reinstall. Reinstalled, now get message and program closes. ...

Muliple Entries in Access 07 fields
Hello, I have a very basic question (I think). In previous versions of Access even though fields could be set up to accept multiple entries it was not recommended. Is that still the case? If so could you elaborate on what problems it could cause? Thank you. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Professional XML for .NET Developers [WROX] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0a80b016-65ca-49fc-8e73-55b070281e56/professional-xml-for-net.aspx Actually, it wasn't possible in previous versions of Access (unless you're talking about typi...

Can the auto-complete in the "To:" field of a New Message be impor
Hello, How are you? I just migrated a .pst file from Outlook 2003 to a new computer running Outlook 2007 Standard. When I type a letter in the "To:" field of a new message, I do not get choices of email addresses to choose. I have to type the email address in completly. It will only give me choices after typing it in once. It would seem that the database for the "To:" field is not part of the .pst file. Is there a way to import the database for the "To:" field from the old Outlook 2003 program into the new Outlook 2007 program on the new computer?...

Edit message
If I send a mail to someone and that person edit it and forward it, is it possible to see what has been added? Mark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I send a mail to someone and that person edit it and > forward it, is it possible to see what has been added? Of course not, unless the person who changed it mails it back to you. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for m...

Outlook 2002 -- messages stuck in Outbox
Hi, I'm having this problem again, where I have a msg stuck in the Outbox, and I can't delete it, move it or continue to send it. The error message says 'Unknown error 0x800406C'. I choose 'Cancel All', bit it makes no difference. When I try to delete, I get: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. if the problem persists, restart Outlook." (I did, but it made no difference.) When I try to move the message(s), it says: "Can't move the items." Thanks! Mark H. Mark H. wrote: > I'm having this pr...

Full Access vs Runtime Module
I have a master (FrmPTS_Edit) form that contains 3 subforms and one text box (tpoc_count). I use tpoc_count to count the number of employees listed in the 3 subforms combined. (each subform contains a list of employees from different list that will support the project represented by the master form's record) tpoc_count control source reads as follows: =Forms!FrmPTS_Edit!SFrm_POC_Client.Form.Recordset.RecordCount+Forms!FrmPTS_Edit!SFrm_POC_TDT.Form.Recordset.RecordCount+Forms!FrmPTS_Edit!SFrm_POC_Others.Form.Recordset.RecordCount This works great in the full version of Access, howe...

Combobox problem Access 2007
I have a database that I created using Access 2003, which worked fine. Now that I have Access 2007 I'm having problems with one of the forms. The form contains three unbound comboboxes (2 based on a value list, one based on a table) which are populated using ADO. After the fields have been populated and focus is off the comboboxes, the backcolor of the boxes turns to the backcolor of the form. If they have focus, they become white again. I've checked the properties for each box, and they should always have white as the backcolor. There are no events programmed for GotFocus or Lost...

excel file can not be accessed
When opening an excel file I get an error that reads " 'Excel File Name.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." The file is not read-only. The other files in the same location are readable. The document is stored on a local drive. Any suggestions on how to read the file? Thanks for your time. Dave Could this be it? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly (from Debra Dalgleish's site) Dave wrote: > > When op...

SMS Messages
Hi All, Anyone know whether you can send SMS messages via outlook, or any other software that can do it? Cheers Mark MSN Messenger 7 supports this. you pay for outgoing SMS. Outlook SMS allows sending of SMS via Outlook for a subscription and setup cost: http://www.webcentral.com.au/docs/products/display.cgi?id=19&productCategory=Standard%20Mail%20and%20Messaging%20Solutions there's an Office add-in for Outlook that allows you to send SMS messages from Outlook through a GSM mobile phone connected to your PC: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=240080B4-986...

Error Message when trying to open file from floppy
The following message shows up when trying to open an .xls file from floppy: The document '.....xls' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? When clicked Yes, it retries to open it but nothing happens. Hi NEVER try to oen Excel files directly from floppy! It will cause enormous trouble. So ALWAYS first copy the file to your HD! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JC wrote: > The following message shows up when trying to open an .xls file from > floppy: > The document '.....xls' caused a serious error the last...

Access Denied on Cluster #2
I am running into errors that always seem to be related ot access permissions with Exchange Systems Manager. 1. When viewing the Exchange Systems Manager general tab, the following error string is located in the log file directory field: Access Denied Facility: Win32 ID no: 80070005 Exchange System Manager I get the same error I access the Directory Access tab I get the following dialog when accessing various tabs in the Mail server properties. When I access RPC-HTTP or Diagnostic Logging and Locales The network Path was not found. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0070035 Exchange Syste...

How can i set an out of office message
I currently have Microsoft Outlook 2007 and I wish to set an out of office message but I don't see this option. Can you please tell me how I can set up an out of office message or at least an auto reply that will reply to every email that I receive through a certain email account. I would prefer to use the out of office message as this would allow me to turn it on and off easily but if I am unable to use this can you please tell me how I can also set up a rule to do this and how I can set dates for which the rule will apply Many thanks Jay http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290846 ...

OL 2002 Old Bug
Hi, I have a problem using outlook 2002 sp3. I setup a pop server and click the leave a copy of email on the server option on the outlook client. The email client works fine for the first day. However, the next day it receives duplicate messages from server. It receives some but not all messages from the server. I google on the internet and find that a lot of users have the similar problem and there is still no solution I can find. Question 1. Any good solution? 2. Any 2nd choice solution to avoid the problem like a client side pop3 proxy software? 3. Any find it happen in OL 2003? When can...

Hyperlink Issue Access Front-end and Sequel Back-end
Please help.... I am migrating database tables to a sequel server with an Access front-end. In sequel, I cannot set the field properties as a hyperlink, but I need it to perform that way in Access. Is there a macro I can create to have it turn the path in a text field into a hyperlink “on click”? -- Appreciatively yours, ~ Chris You can use Application.FollowHyperlink "LinkToFollow" (where you'd put your value from the table where "LinkToFollow" is) Incidentally, it's SQL Server, not sequel server. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteel...

Integration Manager error message #2
I use integration manager to load General Journals in csv format. Some of these journals are 2000+ rows. I use MS Query in Excel to report on the IM.mdb to get a total listing after an integration of any missing accounts that need to be set up. BUT If distributions are unbalanced ( amounts are OK - may be a mismatched Journal header ) I get a message eg DOC 350 WARNING distributions are unbalanced How can I identify which row this refers to ? How does IM assign 'DOC' numbers. I have put a 'counter' on each header but this does not correspond to the DOC number. Any hel...

Why don't Outlook email addresses show up in a linked Access table
I have linked my Outlook contacts folder with an access table, but all the outlook fields show up in the Access table except for the email address field. How do i link to the email addresses in my contacts folder? You need to use Outlook to export your Contacts to a file type that Access can import or link to, such as a comma separated variable (*.csv) text file. I think the reason that Microsoft blocks the e-mail field is that it would make it too easy for the scumbags that create viruses to access e-mail addresses of people. So, you need to export first, and then either import...

Can we create multiple pivot tabel views for a single access query?
For an access query there is an option to design pivot table using pivot table view. Now I want to create multiple such views for the same query. Is it possible or do I need to copy this query again into new query to create different pivot table view? A Womand Told Me http://www.awomantoldme.com Forms also have a Pivot Table view. You could create several forms to show the query's data in different ways. You could then make these subforms of a main form, maybe on different pages of a Tab Control. You could set the caption of each tab to the description of the view. Steve "pree...

error messages #14
i am getting error messages while trying to send emails one is "unspecified error" and the other is "interfaced not registered" -- live long and prosper What version of Outlook are you using? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Squibbly" <anti@spam.com> wrote in message news:ipqdnaRc...

Cannot type in body of message
When I use Outlook or I.E. I cannot type in the body of an email or on a web page. In an email I can type in the To: field and the Subject: field but when you move the cursor to the body of the message and start typing nothing happens. It's the same thing in I.E. I can type in the address bar but if there is info. I need to type into the web page ex. my name, the cursor will go there but when you type nothing will show up. If I use Firefoxs browser I have no problem with typing in the boxes. This problem just started. I have run Norton Antivirus and nothing has shown up. I have Wind...

access 2000 on vista 08-23-07
Hi, Just installed ACESSS 2000 on Vista Ultimate. I cant seem to get graphs to display in Vista. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks Hugh ...