Access 2007 form view search box

I have Office 2007 (moving up from Office 97) and am developing a database
using Access 2007.  In form view, at the bottom with the record selector is a
search/find dialog box.  It searches every field in the database however I
want to limit it to searching only selected fields.  Can I get at the code
for this search function or do I have to turn off the navigation buttons and
build my own record selector and search funtion?

Thank you.

--
JBM

Jim, I don't think you can configure that search box in the horizontal
scroll bar of A2007.

Perhaps you could add something like this:
    Find as you type - Filter forms with each keystroke
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/AppFindAsUType.html
This utility consists of a combo (for choosing what field to look in) and a
text box (for the value to find.) You copy the code, put these 2 controls on
your form, and set one property.

You don't need to modify the code: it just works with any form.

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Office 2007 (moving up from Office 97) and am developing a database
> using Access 2007.  In form view, at the bottom with the record selector
> is a
> search/find dialog box.  It searches every field in the database however I
> want to limit it to searching only selected fields.  Can I get at the code
> for this search function or do I have to turn off the navigation buttons
> and
> build my own record selector and search funtion?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> JBM

0
Allen
2/20/2008 1:43:15 AM
Thanks, that's what I expected, but figured it didn't hurt to ask.  At first
glance, I may be able to use your code, it provides more than I planned but I
like the idea of allowing the user to select which field to search.

--
JBM

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Jim, I don't think you can configure that search box in the horizontal
> scroll bar of A2007.
>
> Perhaps you could add something like this:
>     Find as you type - Filter forms with each keystroke
> at:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/AppFindAsUType.html
> This utility consists of a combo (for choosing what field to look in) and a
> text box (for the value to find.) You copy the code, put these 2 controls on
> your form, and set one property.
>
> You don't need to modify the code: it just works with any form.

> "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Office 2007 (moving up from Office 97) and am developing a database
> > using Access 2007.  In form view, at the bottom with the record selector
> > is a
> > search/find dialog box.  It searches every field in the database however I
> > want to limit it to searching only selected fields.  Can I get at the code
> > for this search function or do I have to turn off the navigation buttons
> > and
> > build my own record selector and search funtion?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > --
> > JBM

Is there a way to stop accented characters touching top of text box?
I have text boxes in my Access 2000 application that display the names of people from many different countries. Some of these names have accents on top of the initial uppercase letter of the name and when I use common fonts such as Arial or Tahoma, these accents normally merge into the top margin of the text box, thus reducing the readability of the accent. Is there any way to force the text to move slightly downwards within the box to avoid this problem? I strongly suspect that there is no way to do this in Access and the only solution will probably be to use a Unicode font, such as A...

Move Project Server 2007 to new domain
Hi, We just acquired another company that has a Project 2007 server. We will be using the ADMT 3.0 tool to help with the domain migration. Everything will stay the same with the server, just the domain will change. Will using the ADMT tool work for this? Thanks Carlos Hello Carlos, we've migrated a project server to a new domain some time ago. We've used a tutorial for the migration: http://blogs.msdn.com/brismith/archive/2009/06/22/project-server-2007-migration-from-one-domain-to-another.aspx We've only migrated the users and groups (with SID-History) ...

Outlook 2007 conflict with Windows search
I have a problem that Outlook 2007 hangs at the splash screen on startup if the windows search service is enabled. If I shut it using task manager I get a message saying 'cannot close as awaiting a response from you'. I suspect that there could be a dialogue box hiding behind the splash screen which I cannot see. It starts fine in safe mode but to get it to start normally I have had to use msconfig to disable the Windows search service at startup. I'm using Windows XP Home SP3 and Office Pro 2007 Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? ...

how export mail from form to excel
I recieve mails form a webform inscription in the following layout Naam: $in{naam} Voornaam: $in{voornaam} Postcode: $in{postcode} Woonplaats: $in{woonplaats} E-mailadres: $in{MAILFROM} Nieuwsbrief: $in{nieuwsbrief How can I export this mail to a excel Thanks ...

access to microsoft.public.dotnet.xml is at www.ugroups.com
This is a monthly reminder that via the web you can easily access microsoft.public.dotnet.xml without a newsreader at http://www.ugroups.com/Computers/viewforum.php?f=18 This message from www.ugroups.com is intended for those who might be interested in free web based access to the newsgroups. Please add to your kill file to avoid future inconvenience. Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

Job Search Made Easier
This site really was a surprise.Check out http://www.2getemployment.com that features over 7000 retailers and services.It also has a large employment search section as well which really helped me out. ...

SWAT Search for RMS Special Offer
NEW YEAR'S SPECIAL (good thru 1/5/08) ============================== SWAT Search for RMS: $99 per store location license (unlimited lanes/workstations). Normally priced per lane. Add extended search functions to Microsoft RMS including tag and sell, sale price visibility, in stock only, filtered search, price range, and more. Examples: "What's a great gift item between $40 and $50 for someone who likes XYZ products?" "What's on sale today in dept X? When does the sale price end?" "What brand X items do you have in stock?" Search for and tag items then...

Two Momey 2007 Issues/Suggestion
I recently upgraded to MS Money 2007 Deluxe from Money 2004 and found two issues that MS has never seemed to resolve. The first is the frequency that bills are set at in the Bill Minder. The list of options in 2007 is still the same as in 2004. I would have figured that MS would finally allow you to set custom recurrent times. For example, I have a subscription that is billed every 3 weeks - not possible to do in Money. Second, is what I believe to be a bug that I found to be pretty prevalent, but apparently has not been fixed. The issue that that when I am entering a transaction and ...

Textbox in form that updates a table.
Is it possible for a textbox within a form to update a section within a table? If so how. Also I wanted to know is it possible to gray out a command button on a form after its clicked. Normally a textbox will update a single value in a single field in a table. To update several rows of a table, you can use an update query. The update query can use the value in the textbox on your form. To grey out a command button, you would set it's enabled property to false. Note: you must move focus to another control so that the command button doesn't have the focus at the time. Jeanette Cu...

viewing two worksheets at once
Is it possible to view two different worksheets at the same time? Especially, how to do this if both are in the same workbook? I would like to compare related entries in two different worksheets, to update the one from the other. (The worksheets have different structures.) Menu windows>new window and then arrange and select to your liking -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:077c01c3af05$db8d3e70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to view two different worksheets at the > same time? Especially, how to...

Use the ctrl+t to move from tab to tab in a form
I have a department that would like to be able to use the keyboard instead of using the mouse to select a different tab in their form. My form consists of the following; In the Detail: I have a Tab Control (TabCtl211) that consists of 3 tabs and with in the tabs there are several fields that they add/update Case Entry/Update (0), Legal/Closure (1) and Restitution (2) I want to use the ctrl+t to move from tab to tab, because they use the tab key to move from field to field and then to new record. How do I make this happen for them? Penny "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@CO....

I Discovered Why I Couldn't View Downloaded Transactions.
I use Money 2006 Deluxe. Twice I have had problems viewing downloaded transactions. Both times it was caused by an apostrophe in the Payee's name. Evidentially, Money doesn't like apostrophes in OFX files. I worked around this problem by deleting the downloaded transactions. Then I went to the Financial Institution's website and manually downloaded the new transactions with dates prior to the bad transaction (the one with the apostrophe) and the new transactions with dates after the bad one. So in effect I downloaded all new transaction except for those on the same day as the ...

can you download files from microsoft 2003 to 2007?
Please use the big textbox to post a comprehensible question. "Download" to me means to transfer a file from a site on the Internet to a local computer; and there is no such product as "microsoft 2003". What do you have? What are you trying to accomplish? John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Access 2002 crashes when using Access 2000 DB
I have a client for whom I've created a fairly extensive database (around 30 tables, lots of queries, forms, reports) that works fine in Access 2000 (on a client PC running Windows 98 and on my computer running Windows XP Pro). When they use the database in Access 2002, adding data to a new record crashes MS Access ("program died - do you want to send a message to Microsoft about this error?"). This happens consistently both at the client's site and on one of our computers (in both cases running Windows XP Pro and Office XP). Before this week the client was getting a...

Export Contacts Table from MS Access to Global Address List in Exchange
Hi, I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts table in Microsoft Access to Global Address List on Exchange so I can view all the contacts in Outlook Address Book? Thanks, Eric It's possible, yes. But, not knowing the format of your Access database, I can't tell you much more. Look into the CSVDE tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171476029.880250.152000@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts ...

should i hide a form or make it modal
Quick question looking for others opinions on the subject I develop apps for a company and up until now I have been using modal forms to keep the most resent form open on top I have recently learnt how to hide the access window and keep the forms visible using popup quite neat to be honest. My reasoning behind this is staff here use many apps but when I present them with an app that is built using ms access they think they cannot use it as for some reason in their heads it is harder to click a button using a ms access app than to click a button using a non ms access app. (PS if yo...

Exporting an Excel Chart into Access
Hi, Does anyone know how to basically do as the title of this post says: Export an Excel Chart into a report and/or form on Access? I know I will be pushing my luck here, but if anyone also knows if it is possible to produce a graph from a query in Access - please let me know! Thanks, T8RSP -- T8RSP ------------------------------------------------------------------------ T8RSP's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=517792 ...

Labels in user forms
Hi group, In a Userform, can the label (where you enter text) show the result of a formula so that the message changes depending on the formula? Or is there a way to do this in another way if the label can't do that? Rob Rob , I assume that you mean a textbox not label, as that is where you enter text. One way could be to trap the Calculate event for the sheet that your formula is on and update the text box from there, something like Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() UserForm1.TextBox1.Text = Range("A1") End Sub -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole H...

Search the web button
When I click on the "search the web" button it sends me to msn.com to do my search. How can I change this to a different address? ...

money 2007 daupdate.exe error ??
I jst installed IE7 and when i finish installing money 2007 and then i go to log on money 2007 with my account it gives me a message saying - to continue operating sucessfully, money requires a software update.click ok to close money and begin the update now.. after i close and click ok , i then get an error that says daupdate.exe - application error..after it downloads ther update the install errors out and fails..Please somebody help .. -- In microsoft.public.money, gbp007 wrote: >I jst installed IE7 and when i finish installing money 2007 and then i go to >log on money 20...

Users Cannot Access Public Folders
I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. Users are not be able to access some Public Folders using their Outlook client, even though the users have the correct permissions. They receive access denied when they try to open messages in the Public Folders. However, these users can access remote public folders by using Microsoft Outlook Web Access! Actually, my problem is mentioned on Microsoft's KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324353/ However the solution did not work for me. I have one Exchange Server running on a sbs2k3 machine, I recently added a new Exchange ...

Auditing calendar and public folder access
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 SP2 to audit personal and public folder calendar access, additions, changes, and deletions? I want to see who is adding what items to who's calendar, deleting them, viewing public folder items, etc. ...

Booklet printing in Word 2007
Tearing my hair out and wasting LOTS of paper and toner in trying to print a booklet. I do NOT have a duplex printer, but I cannot seem to get the settings right for this - the pages either don't print next to each other properly, or are upside down, or in the wrong order. Can anyone point me to a GOOD tutorial where I can see what I am not doing? Word is crap at booklet printing. Instead, save your document to PDF using Word 2007's built-in converter. Then open the document in Adobe Reader v9 and use its booklet feature. It is impressively good! It is the one saving ...

Can't access right click menu in preview pane in Outlook XP
In the preview window of outlook I can not right click the email message and get the right click menu options. When I right click the message it automatically brings up the message. I am stuck. Can I use Detect and Repair? Will this delete all my email messages? Thanks for the help ...

ActiveX control in Word 2007 problem ( PX_Blob() ) #2
Hi, I am having problems to make my MFC ActiveX control work on Word 2007. Inside my control, I use PX_Blob() to serialize data. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem: 1. Create a MFC ActiveX control and use PX_Blob() to serialize data. 2. Insert the control in a Word 2007 document. 3. Save the document as .docx - the new word format. 4. Quit Word 2007 5. Open the Word 2007 and open the file you just saved. 6. The PX_Blob() will NOT return the data you just saved. I found PX_Long() and PX_String() work fine in the above scenario. Also if I save the file as Word 2003 format (.doc) fro...