access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version

Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar
created in say Access 2002?  In the help there are only topics about
the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but
right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once
you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more
custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here?
Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's
experience is at stake here.

0
virolab

upgrading from office v.X to office 2004
hi a quick question on behalf of a friend having an english version of MS Office v.X, can he install the italian version of MS Office 2004 upgrade? thanks a lot pise <fedegrimaldi@hotmail.com> wrote: > having an english version of MS Office v.X, can he install the italian > version of MS Office 2004 upgrade? I think you can. I did French to US a while ago without any problem. Anyway, it sure isn't forbidden in the license agreement, Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.s...

Exporting Custom Security Roles CRM 4.0
Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes sense that customized ones could be exported. I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they listed in the export customizations list? -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog ---------------------------------------------------------- "Kraig" <kraigr3@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googlegroup...

impossible to access the "news" from outlook 2003
I wanted to set-up my newsgroups access In outlook 2003. I followed the documented procedure (toolbar/standard/customize) from the help menu to add the "News" selection to the "GO" menu. It worked but when I exited Outlook and got back later the "news" menu disappeared. I tried to reinstate it following the same installation procedure but the News option is no more available in the "toolbar/customize list". Looks like a bug. Has anybody faced the same issue ? Is there a workaround to access the Newsgroup interface ? Thanks, Laurent conflicts ...

OWA to POP, IMAP: OWA access, need pop3, IMAP, or Forwarding
Hi, I have recently been given a new email address by my school, which is only accessible through exchange and OWA. The thing is, I already have an exchange server, and 2 pop accounts already setup into my single profile, which is linked to my blackberry -- everything is already well integrated. Adding this profile or OWA screws everything up. Is there a peice of software I can run that reads my OWA account and forwards it to POP or IMAP? The new OWA won't even let me forward the mail. Thanks for the help. Jeff. On 4 Dec 2006 07:16:39 -0800, "Jeff Sherwin" <subtle@gmai...

Compatibility Pack for Office 2007
This may be a stupid question, but... We are in the process of migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007. We had deployed the Compatibility Pack to all our Office 2003 users a year or more ago so they could read documents created outside our company. My question is... Is there any need or value to keep the Compatibility Pack installed after installing Office 2007? Thanks, Tom In article <OP$RtKsmKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Tom K wrote: > This may be a stupid question, but... > > We are in the process of migrating from Office 2003 to Office 200...

"Print Quote For Customer"
Using the Outlook client this option is under the file menu when you have a quote open. What template does this use and where do I download it from? ...

2007 Schema Prep #2
I extended my AD last night for 2007 and have a few questions to verify it was successful: I have a root domain (domain.local) that houses my schema master and a child domain (domain.net) that has Exchange 2003. I ran setup /prepareAD then ran setup /preparedomain: domain.net and both said they completed successfully. However, I was expecting to see the new OU (Microsoft Exchange Security Groups) in my child domain. It is present in my root domain. Is that all correct? In my child domain I now have a new global security group call Exchange Install Domain Servers. Last thing, the D...

File Edit toolbar is missing
The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing First thing to check: Tools|customize|toolbars tab|make sure worksheet menubar is selected. Well, maybe the first thing to check is to verify that you can see all of excel--it's not just off the display window??? stellarmellor wrote: > > The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing -- Dave Peterson ...

Customizing Contact Data
Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? -- Thank you very much. Tall Paul. "TallPaul" <TallPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C1DDD4F-BDCB-42F8-8F99-A2D674482E8E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others > that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? What type of information do you want to collect? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] TallPaul wrote: > Is...

Customize view
Hi. I work with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003. I have two questions on customizing view of Public Folder. I like to create a view on a specific public folder and I want that, when users access to public folder can see the same view. ok?! 1) I create a view (type Public of the current folder that i choose) choose field, sort, etc.. I like to change the colomn heading of same field. If I change this, when I apply the view, I have to change colomn heading for every users! There is a way to do this once? 2) Can I disable the options "Show in groups" (or similar, I'm Itali...

Deny Access to Mailbox
Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific users? Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin A from being able to read dom admin B email from either Outlook or directly from the server. Thanks. neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what version of Exchange? do they have SA explicitly or via a group? "Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3b8f4$20379370$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific > users? > > Essentially my ...

Customizing Outlook 2003 toolbar
I want to customize my Outlook 2003 toolbar. I know how to add buttons, but how do I customize the button groupings by adding the vertical slash /separator? I can't find the separator in any of the categories/commands in the customize dialog box. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jim "Jim" <kraskamess@dakotacomm.net> wrote: >I want to customize my Outlook 2003 toolbar. I know how to add buttons, but >how do I customize the button groupings by adding the vertical slash >/separator? I can't find the separator in any of the categories/commands in >the ...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

Word problems 2003 and 2007 version
hey everyone both on my main computer and my brothers laptop word isnt working! its so annoying! on my desktop PC i have windows xp and word 2003. after getting a virus which stopped the internet from working i had to do a system restore - which got rid of the virus. but when i click on word it says that "this shortcut only applies to installed products", and when i go to word through program files it says "this product is not installed on this user" - but there is no setup thing i can press - will i need the disc maybe? on my bro's laptop he got the sa...

SpellCheck Will it work on the Access 2007 Runtime?
I have a program that I have compiled. It has the following. Private Sub cmdSpellCheck_Click() Me.Call_Notes.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdSpelling End Sub Is this going to work on a runtime or will I need a full version of Access to use it? You can simulate using the runtime of A2007 quite easily for testing. To do it, change the extension of the file from accdb to accdr. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Avid Fan" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:ulRyIhQ4KHA.4804@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a program t...

Restricting Domain Logon w/OWA Access
I have multiple general mailboxes in exchange 2003 and would like to deny local logon access to the domain while allowing owa access to these e-mail accounts. I tried solving the problem by allowing only logons to the domain controller and the exchange server from these general mailboxes, but I receive access denied while attempting to log onto owa. Please help... ...

Switching X Y axis in PP 2007
How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa? -- etf Does Switch Row/Column on the Chart Tools Design tab do what you want? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "etf" <etf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28669E0E-1FF7-47CB-9ED2-1769248A651E@microsoft.com... > How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa? > -...

"Customize Outlook Today
I just purchased a new computer with Windows XP Professional installed (replacing my old one, with Windows 95). After installing my Office 2000 suite onto the new computer, I find that in Outlook, when I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" button, nothing happens. Acordingly I am unable to configure the display to suit my needs. For example, I need to have the days tasks only, rather than the full list you get when you cannot customize the display. Any suggestions? The answer may be found in MS Knowledge Base article 820575, "You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

How do I create custom stationary in Outlook 2003?
-- NYLLisa Does this help: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052426651033.aspx ? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "nyllisa" <nyllisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB11BA76-0EA6-497F-8A6D-8B58B3CA2D45@microsoft.com... > > -- > NYLLisa ...

Cannot edit customer data in additional tab at HQ
I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop then send to HQ. At HQ, Why cant I edit customer data in additional tab? Or even I create new global customer at HQ, I cannot add data in addtional tab too, it is gray out. Is there any setting that I need to do? Thank you for any help. -- Jeed I believe, just like when editing items in HQ, you have to be in Maintenance Mode. Ed -- RMS 2.0 / HQ 2.0 Server 2003 / XP "Jeed" wrote: > I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop > then send to HQ. At HQ, Why ca...

Excel 2007 text flash (or blink)
This might have been asked before but if so I'm not finding it when I use a google groups search, mainly because of either none or too many answers returned depending on which keywords I use. Is it possible to make the text and/or the background in any individual cells to flash or blink ? In detail what I need to do is have a cell with a solid black background, text which is yellow, but blinking at a slow cadence, 1 sec on 1 sec off in such a way that it looks as if the text in the cell is flashing between off and on like a flashing light. -- Nick hi also have a look...

Outlook Express 2007
Outlook express 2007 1. How do you see the setting for the OUTLOOK EXPRESS 2007 filter settings ? 2. What kind of spam filter will work on outlook express 2007? 3. how do yu add a spam filter for yur ms exchange srv 2003 ? There is no such product as Outlook Express 2007. Do you mean Outlook 2007? Outlook and Outlook Express are two different programs. "mr hamid" <mr.hamid.4c70dh@no.email.invalid> wrote in message news:mr.hamid.4c70dh@no.email.invalid... : : Outlook express 2007 : 1. How do you see the setting for the OUTLOOK EXPRESS 2007 filter : setting...

CRM 4.0 - Word 2007 - mail merge
OK, so I've read a number of blogs detailing the mail merge process. Open in Word, save as XML, import to CRM, edit and add the mail merge fields. Simple, right? My organization has about a dozen mail merge templates which worked very well in CRM 3.0. I was fully aware I would probably have better luck just re-creating them in CRM 4.0. No biggie. I've done so and mail merge in CRM 4.0 is ... shall we say less than stellar. Mail merge on the Contact entity does not work at all. For any user. Mail merge on the Account and Opp entities works sporadically. Literally from one user to th...

Word 2007 Unrestricted Access?
I have a file that a customer sent. Under Protect Document > Unrestricted Access is checked. Another person in the office has made changes with the Track Changes on. They were able to save the file, but we cannpt accept the changes because we get a message that says the document is protected. What exactly does "Unrestricted Access" mean? How do we accept changes? Thanks for any assistance you can give me. -- marcia "Unrestricted Access" means anyone can read and change the document, so you or the other employee should be able to accept or reject track...