Access 2007 01-23-08

I have a database that was created in access 2003.  It has worked fine.  Not
users are using Access 2007 and there are errors on procedures that ran
before, especially with the queries that run in back end code.  Is Access
2007 using a newer DAO version, or is the vba version changed for access
2007 that would be causing these errors?

I have looked at the queries and they are fine.  The only question is on
strings in queries I have a single quote and ampersands (WHERE ID ='" &
strID & "' ..) in the procedure.  Has this changed and I need to use the +
instead, like a normal SQL stored procedure?

Thanks for the help!
Bryan

0
Bryan

Both & and + are still valid string concatenation characters in Access 2007.
The difference is that + propagates Nulls, while & doesn't (in other words,
"abc" & Null will result in "abc", while "abc" + Null will result in Null)

Is there a chance that strID might contain an apostrophe? If so, try

WHERE ID ='" & Replace(strID, "'", "''") & "' ..)

Exagerated for clarity, the Replace statement is

Replace(strID, " ' ", " ' ' ")

If that's not the issue, knowing what the errors you're encountering are
would probably help.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Bryan Hughes" <bhughes@notreal.org> wrote in message
>I have a database that was created in access 2003.  It has worked fine.
>Not users are using Access 2007 and there are errors on procedures that ran
>before, especially with the queries that run in back end code.  Is Access
>2007 using a newer DAO version, or is the vba version changed for access
>2007 that would be causing these errors?
>
> I have looked at the queries and they are fine.  The only question is on
> strings in queries I have a single quote and ampersands (WHERE ID ='" &
> strID & "' ..) in the procedure.  Has this changed and I need to use the +
> instead, like a normal SQL stored procedure?
>
> Thanks for the help!
> Bryan

0
Douglas
1/23/2008 7:01:27 PM
in article #ToNA7eXIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Bryan Hughes at
bhughes@notreal.org wrote on 08.1.24 3:35 AM:

> I have a database that was created in access 2003.  It has worked fine.  Not
> users are using Access 2007 and there are errors on procedures that ran
> before, especially with the queries that run in back end code.  Is Access
> 2007 using a newer DAO version, or is the vba version changed for access
> 2007 that would be causing these errors?
>
> I have looked at the queries and they are fine.  The only question is on
> strings in queries I have a single quote and ampersands (WHERE ID ='" &
> strID & "' ..) in the procedure.  Has this changed and I need to use the +
> instead, like a normal SQL stored procedure?
>
> Thanks for the help!
> Bryan

Information store cannot be found when accessing calendars
I have several users who are getting "information store cannot be found" error message when accessing calendars in Outlook 2000. Server is Exchange 2003 On 26 Sep 2006 08:02:36 -0700, "david.carr@gmail.com" <david.carr@gmail.com> wrote: >I have several users who are getting "information store cannot be >found" error message when accessing calendars in Outlook 2000. Server >is Exchange 2003 But not all users and not all the time? Elaborate.. These are only our HR and secretarial staff so its only a few of them and they are trying to look at cale...

Access 2002 creating 2000 format?
Hello, I was wondering if anybody out there knows why when I create a new database in Access 2002, it shows that it created an Access 2000 database by default... I am running the newest version of Access 2002 with all updates. Is it because I don't have any advanced features in my database yet that would require Access 2002 and therefore creates an Access2000 database instead? Any knowledge support is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! Dana The default database format for Access 2002 (and 2003, for that matter) is the Access 2000 format. This is simply to make it easier for a larger number of ...

Access vs Visual Basic (Language Issue)
I have database in access and made some interface for populating database, cause we needed something fast to do it and had no time to make it in vb. And I had Serbian (Latin) characters entered into this dabase and showing in Access forms well. But now when I need to make program in VB, ADO fields does not return me Serbian (Latin) specific characters it returns me English (US) replacements. I do have installed Serbian (Latin) on system but Default language is English (US). (and I must not switch default language to Serbian (Latin)) hopeless for now I am sure that something in ado is done ...

Business Portal should allow me to access different dynamics.set
I use GP to manage several different companies. Each company had different check formats. It is fairly simple to set up different report.dic files for different companies if you are using terminal services directly or are using GP from your desktop, however, if you are running thru Business Portal you are only allowed to point to one dynamics.set file. It would be great if you could set up BP so that it would point to different dynamics.set files for differnt companies. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

Formula Question 01-14-10
When I use the function arguments it says if(ID606="Y" is true when ID606 is blank .WHY? =IF(ID606="Y",1,2) there must be something in your cell ID606 then...i just checked and i get false and 2 for answers... "oldjay" wrote: > When I use the function arguments it says if(ID606="Y" is true when ID606 is > blank .WHY? > > =IF(ID606="Y",1,2) I put a new formula =if(C1="Y",1.2) in A!. I get the same result. I even deleted C1 just to be sure there was nothing in it. Now I added a new sheet to thi...

still able to workd in Access 2007
Hello, I am developping our church membership database using Access 2002 in my laptop. I plan to convert it to access97 then I create MDE using Access 97 in my othercomputer. My question is, with all VBA that I created, Is there any possiblity that it can not work in Access 97?, otherwise I just make MDE access2000. Thanks for any idea provided -- H. Frank Situmorang You may be able to save it as an Access 97 MDB. If you plan to, do this before you split. Of course, it won't work if you used any of the things that were not in Access 97, e.g. AllForms collection, OpenReport in dia...

Outlook 2007: No copy and paste with CTRL+INS
Hi! As a left handed user I always use CTRL+INS and SHIFT+INS for copy and paste. MS seems to have deactivated this shortcut in Outlook 2007 (which is very annoying if you are left handed). Is there a way to enable this shortcut again? Regards, Achim Achim Becker, you wrote on Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:21:07 +0200: > CTRL+INS and SHIFT+INS What does "INS" mean? The shortcuts are CTRL+C (copy) and CTRL+V (paste). Or I do not understand? X'Posted to: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.o...

Word 2007 Headings: whole line or nothing
I had a large technical document I worked on in Word 2003 where the beginning of each section had a species name and other information (codes, authorities, etc.). I was able to select just one portion of the line (the name) and assign it to a heading, and have it appear in the Table of Contents. After importing the file in Word 2007, it will not show that text in the ToC, and if I go to reselect it as a Heading style, it will not allow me to select just one part of the line--either the whole line is part of the Heading, or none of it. Doesn't matter if I save the document in ...

Outlook 2007 totally disabled
1. MS Office 2000 installed on Vista OS. All email accounts, including Hotmail, operable using Outlook, with Outlook Connector. 2. Installed Enterprise 2007 and uninstalled (apparently not all of) Office 2000. 3. Accessing Outlook 2007 from desktop icon produces error "The Add-in "Outlook Connector Extenions" (msncon32.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update available uninstall the Add-in". 4. Now Outlook 2007 is totally inoperable, but displays previous Inbox emails, but Se...

Chart Skew in 2007
In 2001 and 2003 versions of Excel I could click on a slice of a pie chart (or multiples by holding ctrl) and skew it. I could for instance take a pie piece and make the outside "taller" than the middle. However I can't seem to do that with 2007. Can anyone help me? This effect was very useful in my presentations as it made the charts really pop. What do you mean, "skew" a pie slice, or make the outside "taller"? You can single click twice to select a pie chart, then drag that slice away from the center of the pie. You could not select multiples with th...

import Exchange 2003 information stores into newly set up Exchange 2007
Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previous Exchange 2003 that was running as part of SBS on a different domain that I would like to import private and public information stores into the new Exchange 2007 environment. I have the 2003 information stores copied to a backup directory on the new Exchange server. Any ideas? I thought there might be some command line utility for such. Thanks very much! Don On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:34:59 -0600, "dbj" <dbj@midsouth.rr.com> wrote: >Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previou...

Converting Access 2000 table to Access 97
How do you link an Access 2000 table to an Access 97 database? Thanks for your time. ...

OUTLOOK 2007
Just instaled on new machine Word 2007 and Outlook 2007. Each time i look to open outlook it come up with a request for f drive data pst. I made a copy onto system of data transfered from old xp. When going to open that file in the system it is rejected with a message saying "the set of folderes cannot be opened" and shuts down Outlook. -- Georges and Lyn Check that the copy you transferred to Windows 7 isn't marked Read Only. If so, remove the checkmark and click OK. Then open Outlook again. If you still have an issue, please run scanpst.exe against the PST file ...

access to pdf to powerpoint
I want to create a report in Access, export to pdf and import into powerpoint. I can export from Access to pdf ok but want to import to powerpoint and create one slide for each page of the pdf report. I haven't received a response on the Powerpoint discussion group. Do I need to make each pdf just one page? Is there a way to do that in Access? Thanks This is my favorite .ppt site. http://www.pptfaq.com/index.html Maybe you can find something there. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "CC"...

Should I upgrade to a newer version of Access?
Hi All, I currently use Access 2002. I have one application I've written that I sell, and one or two others in development. Though I'm not currently doing so, I'd like to start playing with web applications. While this question might be a little vague, I'm wondering if there are compelling reasons for me to upgrade to a new version of Access. I've been to the Microsoft site. I gather that they'd LOVE me to upgrade. I'm hoping I can get an opinion or two from actual users of the various versions. I expect to get more good information without q...

Outlook 2007 issues
I have installed Office 2007. While in Outlook in some email I have a red bar that keeps going from left to right and the top of the email. I also keep geeting an error that says: "Outlook could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable." Anytime I try to open an email this message comes up. This message also comes up when I try to open word. Now I had Office 2003 installed before and it was running fine. Is this a known issue? I could not locate it on MS web-site. How can I fix this? Thanks, CEV CEV <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote: > I have ins...

OFFICE 2007 installation with NO DISC
how can / where can i download officre onto my netbook using the product key of the version i boght have lost the disc How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246 Tim wrote: > how can / where can i download officre onto my netbook using the product key > of the version i boght have lost the disc "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E77A079B-06B5-44FF-BF1E-504BA831B8C5@microsoft.com... > how can / where can ...

OUTLOOK (2007) won't send to multiple addresses
Vista. I'm trying to "reply all" to a group of about 40 addresses. The message gets stuck in the outbox. If I "reply all" but substitute a single email address, it goes with no problem. Is there some kind of limit, restriction or otherwise that affects messages? Thank you. The limit is set by your ISP/Mail Server. Contact them to find out what your limit is. "its_my_dime" <its_my_dime@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:urv87qDcJHA.4124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... : Vista. : : I'm trying to "reply all" to a group of about 40 address...

open access form from outlook
I am sending the user an email from my form. Is there a way to pass something to the user through the email so they can click on it to open the form on the correct record? I have tried a few things that work on the run command, but when I use outlook it does not work. I'm not sure if it is virus protection stopping it or what. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Cynthia No, that will not work. You Access application which contains the form and the data is running on your computer. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Cynthia" wrote: > I am sendin...

Using Access for SQL data tweaking
Hi, I read the thread about the dangers of going in with Microsoft Access and using the grid/queries format to modify RMS data. I see that it can be done if you are willing to take the risks of bypassing the verification checks performed by RMS. However, what I don't quite get is how to make Access talk to the SQL database to begin with! I am using SQL Server Express 2005 (only works with the latest hotfix for RMS; that's an alligator I think is already licked) and Access 97. All I'm aware of to try is just directly attempting to open the .mdb with Access, but it doesn&#...

Is there a Cheat Sheet for Access Requirements Available?
Hi, Is there some type of cheat sheet available that gives the various combination of permissions needed on CreateFile vs Object Permissions for various things. In other words, can an app using CreateFile open a device using GENERIC_READ and still send DeviceIoControl commands to it? In order for a CreateFile to use GENERIC_READ or GENERIC_WRITE what are the object permission requirements (allow write access/read access/ control/ etc..). ?? TIA!! Hi David, AFAIK there is no such sheet, but good sources are always these documents: [CreateFile Function] http://ms...

Querys not updated
Recently we updated the databases from Access 97 to 2003. The querys were not updated and the ones that are needed to perform mail merge are not retreiving the data. The tables and the data is there, but is not being read. Is there a methos to update the querys ? The OS is XP for the clients and W 2000 for the server. Thanks in advance Alfredo -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200803/1 On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 04:27:13 GMT, "alfredoag via AccessMonster.com" <u11123@uwe> wrote: >Recently we updated the dat...

Problem with Exchange 2007 and Entourage 2008 connection

Hyperlink to bookmark in Word 2007
I can hyperlink to a bookmark in a Word document if the document is opened in Word 2003, where the link is of the form: http://server/mysite/docs/mydoc.doc#mybookmark However, in Word 2007, the document is opened at its top; the bookmark is ignored. Could anyone confirm whether this is a known problem with Word 2007? I have seen another instance reported: http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Word/microsoft.public.word.docmanagement/2008-10/msg00410.html but supporting evidence would be helpful. Thanks. In a quick test, hyperlinking to a particular bookmark seems to work f...

syncing mail stores between 2 Exchange 2007 servers?
We have a main location with an AD/file server running Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit. We also have an Exchange server here running Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. We have a second location with a backup AD/file server running Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. We also have an Exchange server running Windows Server 2008 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. The purpose of this second location is strictly to serve as a backup - if a disaster occurs, the plan would be to restore our file shares and Exchange database to these servers at our second loc...