access 2003 jumps to first record of form when switching to another application

Hi, does anyone know what causes access (2003) to jump to the first
record of a form when you switch to another application? I have a main
form with a tab control. Each tab has various forms/subforms. This
behavior is happening with single forms, continuous forms, and
datasheet forms. It's really disconcerting when your working on a
record to have the application jump to another record everytime you
switch to another app. The database is split into front/backend.

Many Thanks

0
SteveF

Is there any code in the Activate event of the form?
--

Bob Larson
HTH

"SteveF" wrote:

> Hi, does anyone know what causes access (2003) to jump to the first
> record of a form when you switch to another application? I have a main
> form with a tab control. Each tab has various forms/subforms. This
> behavior is happening with single forms, continuous forms, and
> datasheet forms. It's really disconcerting when your working on a
> record to have the application jump to another record everytime you
> switch to another app. The database is split into front/backend.
>
> Many Thanks

I've narrowed it down to a "on load" event of a subform that applies a
filter to the subform. Is there any way to have a form filtered when
it opens without having this widespread effect on the entire
application?

0
SteveF
10/9/2007 6:21:32 PM
It seems like filters are not good for an app with multiple forms.
I'll have to manipulate the record source instead.

0
SteveF
10/9/2007 6:34:44 PM
SteveF wrote:

>It seems like filters are not good for an app with multiple forms.
>I'll have to manipulate the record source instead.

There is a known "feature" of the filter property so if you
set a filter on a subform, it clears the filter on the main
form and any other subforms.  Setting the main form's filter
clears the filter on all subforms.  For more details see:
http://allenbrowne.com/bug-02.html

AFAIK, this has nothing to do with other applications or
other mainforms or their subforms.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Controlling Access to Contact's History
Is there a way to set a security role up so a user can't delete items from a Contact's History? The user would still need rights to read/ write to the contact record. Go to Settings-->business unit settings-->security roles Choose a role to edit (other than system administrator, you can't change that one). Select the Core Records tab. History, in terms of tasks and appointments, is controlled by the Activity row. History, in terms of notes, is controlled by the Note row. You can set the read and write "pies" seperately from the Delete "pie". Clear th...

forms/templates
how do you set up an email template and keep it for EVERY email. like branding? Please help!! For information on customizing the default Outlook forms, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms.htm. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Barry" wrote: > how do you set up an email template and keep it for EVERY email. like > branding? Please help!! This would not be a suitable scenario for a custom form. Stationery = would be a better approac...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Contact First & Last names the wrong way around
In Outlook 2003 when creating a new contact I typed their name into the name field in the order Firstname Middlename Lastname and Outlook placed them in the correct order. I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when I type in a name, for example John Smith Outlook takes John as the lastname and Smith as the Firstname and displays John, Smith (it's set to file as Lastname, Firstname). Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Default Fullname Order is set to Firstname Middlename Lastname (as I want it). To confuse things further I have a number of co...

Combo box filter before form opens
frmSearchType with cboType and cmdOpenForm which opens frmEntryEdit. frmEntryEdit uses cboEntryNum to allow user to select from the filtered records. This is working correctly, however if no records fit the filter, I get an open frmEntryEdit, with no records in the cboEntryNum. I would rather have a message box that states "No Data fits the criteria", than have frmEntry Edit open. Is this possible? -- Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. Pax, M m stroup wrote: >frmSearchType with cboType and cmdOpenForm which opens frmEntryEdit. >frmEntryEdit use...

adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if same as their departm
A procedure was written to update all projects, adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if they are the same as their home department. It would be useful to know if there were a feature to define default projects by a given criteria - i.e. By department. [d]elete accesslest insert accesslest (PACONTNUMBER, PAPROJNUMBER, EMPLOYID, ContractEntry, ContractInquire, ContractReport, ContractReview, ProjectEntry, ProjectInquire, ProjectReport, ProjectReview, ALEntry, ALInquire, ALReport, ALReview, EEEntry, EEInquire, EEReport, EEReview, ELEntry, ELInquire, ELReport, ELReview, FFEnt...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

License- switching machines
Hi- I am adding a new system to my POS network. I want the new system to be licensed to run POS. I want the old system to just run admin. How can i switch licenses on machines? do I have to unistall and then reinstall? Thanks brent What version? If it's 2.0 you will need to call to get a new license for the new machine that you want to run POS, ther is an 800# set up just for this. When you start POS for the first time you will need to put in the new license and register. Before you do that though, run admin and point the machine to your database and give it a register number ...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Form printing problem
Hi all, I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing out for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form and this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years printing on plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form record has started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change the properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the only way round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray. We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my defa...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Force new record
Hi, I am using a combo box on a main form to populate records in a subform. 1st of all, once a record has been populated i would like the focus to automatically jump to the new record line. 2nd How can I make the new record line on the subform have focus on openeing the database? Is this possible? Regards John Try the following in the Open event of the subform: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec End Sub -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <johnlee2509@btopenwo...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

How To Access Thru News Server
"The messages are visible if you access the group directly using the news server, rather than via the unreliable web interface. -- David Biddulph" David made above comment earlier. How do you do that please? Thanks in advance for any replies. Saved from a previous post: If you're able (not behind a firewall at work???), you may want to connect directly to the MS newsservers. If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and paste into MSIE). news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.setup news://msnews.microsoft...

try again email forms
Hi there I have searched for the codes to email a form/report in a body of an email and have Access connect to MS outlook to choose who to email to. I have tried several different codes and do not understand code. None of the ones that I have tried worked. The last one I have tried is: Dim mess_body As String Dim appOutLook As Outlook.Application Dim MailOutLook As Outlook.MailItem Set appOutLook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set MailOutLook = appOutLook.CreateItem(olMailItem) 'MsgBox (mess_body) mess_body = "The following Enrollment Form Order requires your...

auto file path update when excel sheet moved to another directory.
Hello, I've been working on a huge excel file for a while and I'm trying to make it easier to use. My problem is that when it is moved from the template folder to a working folder the formulas referencing a file in the template folder have their path changed in the formula and have to have the links updated. Since the file is protected it's impossible for the users to chance the source. It's wierd because it will still pull information, but if information is changed in the external data file the updated doesn't get ported over. I need some like the $ command to ...

Outlook 2003 and Vista Business??
When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I copy the link to IE7 theres is no problem. If the mail is HTML coded no problem occurs when I click the link. How come?? -- Regards Peter "Peter Jensen" <fup@snyd.dk> skrev i meddelelsen news:798D10C7-867F-4297-89C3-614510007FE0@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search > function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I > copy the link to I...

office outlook 2003
Whenever a new meeting request is chosen and sent to appropriate recipients, an extra line of text appears at the receiver's email (see below). #BugFix:15 I do not know where in outlook to delete/disable this line of text, as users are getting confused seeing it in their email. Not a part of Outlook - look to third party installations that work with Outlook such as an anti-spam application. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be del...