Working out the day from the date

Hiya,
Basically I have a table tblRubbishPickUp which records the weight of
rubbish picked up
on certain dates, the table has the fields (Weight, Date, Driver) I
want to be able to work
out the actual day i.e Monday, Tues, Wed etc does anyone know the
formulae
that you enter in to the query to figure this out?

Fie

0
Fie

smashing thanks loads

Fie
7/11/2007 3:03:45 PM
DayOfWeek:Format(MyDate, "dddd")

You need to change the name of your Date field. Date is a reserved word and
should not be used for the name of a field.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"Fie" <fiona.innes@moray.gov.uk> wrote in message
> Hiya,
> Basically I have a table tblRubbishPickUp which records the weight of
> rubbish picked up
> on certain dates, the table has the fields (Weight, Date, Driver) I
> want to be able to work
> out the actual day i.e Monday, Tues, Wed etc does anyone know the
> formulae
> that you enter in to the query to figure this out?
>
> Fie

0
Steve

Date format issue when submitting from a userform to a spreadsheet
Hi, I have a userform that I've generated which routes dates onto a spreadsheet based on the users input. I am having a bit of a frustrating time with the dates, it would appear that in the process of moving the date from the userform to the spreadsheet some dates are switched/transposed. I'll give an example. If someone enters 09/02/2004 on the userform excel seems to look at 09 and assume it is a month and transposes the dates to 02/09/2004(this does not appear to be a US/UK format issues as I have already gone down that road). However, if the date 13/09/2004 is entered i...

Recipient policy not working for OU
Exch2003 sp2, win2003 sp1 I want users created in one particular OU to get a different primary SMTP address. I've created the Recipient Policy with a filter for the OU and Apply this Policy now, but users created in that OU still get the Default Policy SMTP addressing. Doesn't seem like it could be any easier. I ran Update Now on the RUS. Not sure what else to even check. Why isn't it working? Any suggestions? A recipient policy filter based on the OU won't work. Try using populating the company or department attribute with a value and then using that. Nue "bruce&...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

Is SQL 2000 tran working with VS2008?
I code a store procedure mySP in SQL 2000 in which using transaction. I used two ways to test after saving sp. 1) rename one table or 2) rename column name If I use "exec mySP" in SQL 2000 query window, error will catch but ASP.NET try-catch will catch nothing, it always return no error. Is SQL 2000 tran working with VS2008? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201002/1 On Feb 5, 10:15=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote: > I code a store procedure mySP in SQL 2000...

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

SECOND TRY< WHY NO ANSWERS ??? WINXP PRO,OFFICE 2003PRO not working write. WHY ?
> I bought a Windows XP upgrade disk from a friend and it > installs ok, but has this dumb key on it that starts out > with "XXXXX-640-blah-blah-blah" (why does it use X's ?????) Whats the matter with it, > is the installer or the software no good ?????? I paid > good money for this crappe and get this and it cleaned out > all my email and Kazaa. > Next MS mess, how come Outlook 2003 (has almost the same > bozo key number) does not send my messages to the forums > and I have to use this way ? Is it not working too ? Like > do they check a...

Compare Now() to a European date
This is driving me nuts, I have a list of certificates. In column B their expiry dates are entered as Europeans, some at least, do. Like today would be 20080524. I want these cells to change colour with conditional formating. For instance becoming yellow when there is less than three months between now and the expiry date, and then becoming red when there is less than one month to expiry. Else they should remain without colour. I have read through a hundred posts dealing with similar needs and seemingly fine replies, but I get nowhere with my particular sheet. When I format my B cell as ...

Formula for date field
1.I have simple dates in one column (say column A) . 2.In the next column(Column B) I would like the date five months after Column A to be displayed.Eg if Column A has an entry of 9th June 2007,Column B should display 8th November,2007. 3.A simple formula does not do the job as this does not take into account the different number of days in different months! regards S.Sanatani Your post is a bit ambiguous since you don't really say how the different number of days in months should be handled. One way: A1: <date> B1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+5,DAY(A1)-1) In articl...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

DLookup not working
My code is If DLookup("Mechanic", "PartSuffixTbl", "Mechanic = " & CLng(MechanicList.Column(0)) & "") = MechanicList.Value Then MechanicList.SetFocus MechanicBox.Value = "" MessageBox = "This Mechanic cannot be modified because" MessageBox2 = "there are Wheels assigned to it" Me.refresh This is to look in the Mechanic column of PartSuffixTbl and if the MechanicList.Value is found, the following code takes place. I have and else also but the problem is...

keyboard doesn't work
The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the desktop appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter. The keys beep when you press them. -- Carol Type of keyboard????? "Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4120BCCB-DB63-4C37-91D4-B0A7BB1340F7@microsoft.com... > The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the > desktop > appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter. The keys beep when > you > press them. > -- > Carol On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:2...

using dates Part 2

Today's date on an Active X Calendar
Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! Thanks for any help. CEL504 wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I > have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. > > I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! > > Thanks for any help. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/1564d683ede98f8c Jame...

Money 30 Day Money Back Guarantee; instructions.
I tried out Money 2004 Small Business with an idea I might switch from quicken 2003 Home and Business. For a number of reasons that involve primairly invoices and Stock transaction updates, I'm sticking with Quicken. I purchased Money at Staples. At that time I asked the clerk about returning the product and he said I 'd have to deal directly with Microsoft. On the Money box there is a Money-Back 30 Day Guarantee Seal and that's all. No specific instructions as to what to do, where to send etc. If someone has this information please share it or directl me to where I might it...

Password not working
HI, I have been using my default folder set with a password for many years. Of late, i realised that I am not being asked for the password even when I restart the system. When I reset the password, my old password is being required for that. But again when I open Outlook, I am not being asked for the password. What could be the problem be? I recently installed YahooPop to have POP access to my Yahoo account. Could that be a possible reason for this? Thanks for any help. Regarsd Ramesh ...

Work spreadsheet issue
If I have multiple rows of data on a worksheet and on another worksheet I want various counts of rows that have certain things in common, how would I do that? Thanks. -- jenrenea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jenrenea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23098 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373900 Can you provide a sample of your data along with your expected results? -- Domenic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domenic's...

Getting right date value
I setup my DTPicker control to be used only as a date control, yet I'm noticing that sometimes it will give back a date AND a time all in the same "value" variable. Since it appears that a variable of type "Date" can give back both a date and time, how can I eliminate the time half of a date value??? I might not be able to exactly control the DTPicker control to give me JUST a date, so I'm just curious what to do if it gives me back both a date & time. thank u Hi, Try this : Dim x as date x = cdate(clng(DTPicker1.value)) &qu...

vlookup not working #2
I use vlookups constantly, but sometimes (seems kind of random) when I try to vlookup a value on another workbook, the function does not work. For instance, today I copied data from an Access table into a new workbook. I then tried to do a vlookup function in the new workbook to another workbook. After getting to this point [ =vlookup (A2, ] I switched over to the other workbook, but the formula disappeared from the formula box, and I couldn't select the range I want to do the vlookup on. The workaround for me has been to copy the worksheet I'm trying to vlookup, and paste...

auto hide toolbar in Excel won't work
I have the toolbar at the bottom of the screen set to 'autohide' but when I'm in Excel sometimes it does 'hide' until the cursor is moved over it, but mostly it won't autohide so that I cannot see the Sheet names at the bottom of the screen. I am running Windows XP Home and Microsoft Office Professional 2003. Can anyone help please? -- teecee8 Hi Every time you move your cursor too far into the bottom area, the toolbar will pop up. Normally it disappears when you move your cursor up again. If it does not, try clicking on you spreadsheet. If you right click o...

I need a formula to sum column b if column a is between two dates
I have an excel spreadsheet with employees time off. I need a formula that will add column b if column a is betwee two dates. For example: if column a is between 9/22/04 and 9/21/05 then add column b. I have tried all different formluas but can't get this to work. ...

Making a template that puts the current date in the document so that does NOT change
I'd like to make a template that sets up some standard headers and formatting for new Word documents for a night school course I'm enrolled in. Among other requirements for all papers is to put the date the paper was created at the top. I'd furthermore like it so that if I need to reopen the document after creating it to say print another copy, the date written at the top will not change. In other words, when I create a new document using the template the current date is put near the top, but when I subsequently open the file for editing or reprinting it does NOT automat...

60 day trial on office 2007
i bought a new dell laptop that came will a 60 day trial of office 2007, when i try to sign up to use it , it wont give me a product code. Tells me there out of codes, try back later. This has been going on all week. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem, or have found a solution. thanks You must be joking! Microsoft cannot run out of codes. You need to contact DELL because your machine is still under a warranty and it is their duty to let you use the trial version! Otherwise what is the point of installing it in the first place? Perhaps for pleasure!! Incident...

Propose a meeting with multiple dates in Outlook
How do you propose a meeting with multiple dates? Recurrence button S wrote: > How do you propose a meeting with multiple dates? > "S" <S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1448A718-D76A-4874-9FC0-03AFD4367566@microsoft.com... > How do you propose a meeting with multiple dates? See this: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/pickmeeting.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] On 3/11/2010 7:16 AM, S wrote: > How do you propose a meeting with multiple dates? > A third-party solution called Tungle works nicely for this. ht...

find related messages not working
I have a user when he clicks on the banner to find related messages...nothing happens. It used to work as planned and he claims nothing was changed. Hello, please use scanpst.exe and if it isnt working after that, try to use ? | see and repair >-----Original Message----- >I have a user when he clicks on the banner to find related >messages...nothing happens. It used to work as planned >and he claims nothing was changed. >. > ...