Where the cursor starts after clicking no a text box

Hello,

I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer
to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today.
I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a
mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you
click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the
cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the
cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help
ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to find an
answer. Thanks!

P.S. I tried clicking on the text to be left aligned in the properties but
that doesn't help. And just for the record, the text fields do not have this
problem, just number fields.

In the on click event of the field insert the code

Me![VariableName].SelStart = 0

with VariableName being whatever you named your text box.

1genxer wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer
>to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today.
>I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a
>mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you
>click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the
>cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the
>cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help
>ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to find an
>answer. Thanks!
>
>P.S. I tried clicking on the text to be left aligned in the properties but
>that doesn't help. And just for the record, the text fields do not have this
>problem, just number fields.

nlburgess
1/4/2008 9:15:42 PM
I was all excited, but it didn't work I am getting an error. It says: "The
expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the
following error: The Object doesn't contain the Automation object 'Me'.

"nlburgess via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> In the on click event of the field insert the code
>
> Me![VariableName].SelStart = 0
>
> with VariableName being whatever you named your text box.
>
> 1genxer wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer
> >to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today.
> >I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a
> >mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you
> >click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the
> >cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the
> >cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help
> >ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to find an
> >answer. Thanks!
> >
> >P.S. I tried clicking on the text to be left aligned in the properties but
> >that doesn't help. And just for the record, the text fields do not have this
> >problem, just number fields.

The cause of the problem is that the field has a formating mask

IF you can live without that preformating then you can take it out and
it will act like most other fields.

Ron
0
Ron2006
1/4/2008 9:36:11 PM
First, it is NOT a variable, it is a control.  Second, the click event will
not fire every time you enter the control.  The code should be in the
GotFocus Event.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"nlburgess via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> In the on click event of the field insert the code
>
> Me![VariableName].SelStart = 0
>
> with VariableName being whatever you named your text box.
>
> 1genxer wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer
> >to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today.
> >I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a
> >mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you
> >click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the
> >cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the
> >cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help
> >ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to find an
> >answer. Thanks!
> >
> >P.S. I tried clicking on the text to be left aligned in the properties but
> >that doesn't help. And just for the record, the text fields do not have this
> >problem, just number fields.

"What exactly is a "formating mask" and "preformating?"

Neither formatting nor an Input Mask (I assume this is what Ron means) will
keep .SelStart = 0 from working! The problem, I think, is revealed in the
OP's line

"fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers"

In fields that are defined as numbers (numerical) the cursor starts from the
right side of the textbox, not the left as it would for a text field. So
using

..SelStart = 0

moves the cursor to the beginning of the textbox, in this case the right side!

The real trouble is that things like telephone "numbers" and Social Security
"numbers" aren't really numbers, and shouldn't be defined as such in the
underlying table! They are text that just happens to be made up entirely of
digits! If you change their datatype to text, the Input Mask and the .
SelStart = 0 both will work.

Only data that is has the possibility of being used in mathematical
calculations should be defined as numerical. Obviously, you would never use
telephone "numbers" or Social Security "numbers" to do math with!

BTW, the .SelStart should always be used when using an Input Mask, otherwise
your data entry people who use the mouse to navigate are apt to waste a lot
of time.

Linq

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
1/4/2008 9:58:54 PM
On Jan 4, 2:58=A0pm, "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe>
wrote:
> "What exactly is a "formating mask" and "preformating?"
>
> Neither formatting nor an Input Mask (I assume this is what Ron means) wil=
> keep .SelStart =3D 0 from working! The problem, I think, is revealed in th=
> OP's line
>
> "fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers"
>
> In fields that are defined as numbers (numerical) the cursor starts from t=
he
> right side of the textbox, not the left as it would for a text field. So
> using
>
> .SelStart =3D 0
>
> moves the cursor to the beginning of the textbox, in this case the right s=
ide!

> The real trouble is that things like telephone "numbers" and Social Securi=
ty
> "numbers" aren't really numbers, and shouldn't be defined as such in the
> underlying table! They are text that just happens to be made up entirely o=
> digits! If you change their datatype to text, the Input Mask and the .
> SelStart =3D 0 both will work.
>
> Only data that is has the possibility of being used in mathematical
> calculations should be defined as numerical. Obviously, you would never us=
> telephone "numbers" or Social Security "numbers" to do math with!
>
> BTW, the .SelStart should always be used when using an Input Mask, otherwi=
se
> your data entry people who use the mouse to navigate are apt to waste a lo=
> of time. =A0
>
> Linq
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

s.aspx/access-forms/200801/1

The property I was looking for was "Input Mask" which can be in the
table definition and/or the form field definition.

The input mask will cause the cursor to stop at the place where the
mouse enters.

Now as to why the SelStart is not overriding that I have NO IDEA.  I
was just attempting to give an alternate though less stylistic way of
getting around the problem     AND also an explanation of why the
"problem" was there originally.

Ron
0
Ron2006
1/4/2008 10:28:58 PM
Well I tried getting the code into the Got Focus event and I got the same
error.  Any other suggestions? I can always just remove the masks, but really
with the phone numbers I need area codes and people don't always put them in
if not prompted.

"Klatuu" wrote:

> First, it is NOT a variable, it is a control.  Second, the click event will
> not fire every time you enter the control.  The code should be in the
> GotFocus Event.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "nlburgess via AccessMonster.com" wrote:
>
> > In the on click event of the field insert the code
> >
> > Me![VariableName].SelStart = 0
> >
> > with VariableName being whatever you named your text box.
> >
> > 1genxer wrote:
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer
> > >to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today.
> > >I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a
> > >mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you
> > >click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the
> > >cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the
> > >cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help
> > >ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to find an
> > >answer. Thanks!
> > >
> > >P.S. I tried clicking on the text to be left aligned in the properties but
> > >that doesn't help. And just for the record, the text fields do not have this
> > >problem, just number fields.
> >
> > --

There is a known bug with SP3 that causes problems with formats in controls.
Try removing the formatting and input mask and see if it works.
--

"1genxer" wrote:

> Well I tried getting the code into the Got Focus event and I got the same
> error.  Any other suggestions? I can always just remove the masks, but really
> with the phone numbers I need area codes and people don't always put them in
> if not prompted.
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > First, it is NOT a variable, it is a control.  Second, the click event will
> > not fire every time you enter the control.  The code should be in the
> > GotFocus Event.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "nlburgess via AccessMonster.com" wrote:
> >
> > > In the on click event of the field insert the code
> > >
> > > Me![VariableName].SelStart = 0
> > >
> > > with VariableName being whatever you named your text box.

> > > --

Klatuu:

"Second, the click event will not fire every time you enter the control.  The
code should be in the GotFocus Event."

Actually, you right and you're wrong, Klatuu! Placing the code in the
GotFocus event will have no effect when the textbox is entered by way of
clicking with the mouse! It doesn't make a lot of dince, but we're talking
about Access here! I know this because I've been using this type of code
since ACC2000. It does have to be placed in GotFocus as well, ***unless*** in
Options.- Keyboard - Behavior Entering Field the option is set to "Go to
start of field."

As I stated earlier, I think his problem is because the fields are numerical,
and so the "start" of the field is the right hand side of the textbox, not
the left hand side, as it is for text fields.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
1/5/2008 1:44:09 AM
Wish we could edit here! Meant to emphasize that the last part

"As I stated earlier, I think his problem is because the fields are numerical,

and so the "start" of the field is the right hand side of the textbox, not
the left hand side, as it is for text fields."

is just a guess! Perhaps it is an SP3 gotcha! God knows there are plenty of
them out there!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
1/5/2008 1:57:00 AM
Placing the code in the
> GotFocus event will have no effect when the textbox is entered by way of
> clicking with the mouse

Sorry, that is not correct.  I just did a test on that and clicking in the
text box does fire the Got Focus event.
--

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Klatuu:
>
> "Second, the click event will not fire every time you enter the control.  The
> code should be in the GotFocus Event."
>
> Actually, you right and you're wrong, Klatuu! Placing the code in the
> GotFocus event will have no effect when the textbox is entered by way of
> clicking with the mouse! It doesn't make a lot of dince, but we're talking
> about Access here! I know this because I've been using this type of code
> since ACC2000. It does have to be placed in GotFocus as well, ***unless*** in
> Options.- Keyboard - Behavior Entering Field the option is set to "Go to
> start of field."
>
> As I stated earlier, I think his problem is because the fields are numerical,
> and so the "start" of the field is the right hand side of the textbox, not
> the left hand side, as it is for text fields.
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

What version of Access are you running? It certainly doesn't in
Access2000/2003! Select a textbox and place this code behind it:

Private Sub TextBoxName_GotFocus()
MsgBox "Clicking caused GotFocus to fire!"
End Sub

Run the form and click on the textbox; no messagebox appears!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
1/7/2008 3:21:16 PM
I can't comment on what version Dave's using, but I get the message box in
Access 97.

You sure the text box's On Got Focus property is set to [Event Procedure]?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
> What version of Access are you running? It certainly doesn't in
> Access2000/2003! Select a textbox and place this code behind it:
>
> Private Sub TextBoxName_GotFocus()
> MsgBox "Clicking caused GotFocus to fire!"
> End Sub
>
> Run the form and click on the textbox; no messagebox appears!

0
Douglas
1/7/2008 3:26:24 PM
Access 2003 SP3, XP Pro.
When I said I had tested it, that is exactly what I did.  The message box
appears when I click on the text box.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> What version of Access are you running? It certainly doesn't in
> Access2000/2003! Select a textbox and place this code behind it:
>
> Private Sub TextBoxName_GotFocus()
> MsgBox "Clicking caused GotFocus to fire!"
> End Sub
>
> Run the form and click on the textbox; no messagebox appears!
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Access 2003  SP3, XP Pro.

I have used a simiar technique since Ac97 and the GotFocus always fires when
you click on the text box.
--

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> I can't comment on what version Dave's using, but I get the message box in
> Access 97.
>
> You sure the text box's On Got Focus property is set to [Event Procedure]?
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
> > What version of Access are you running? It certainly doesn't in
> > Access2000/2003! Select a textbox and place this code behind it:
> >
> > Private Sub TextBoxName_GotFocus()
> > MsgBox "Clicking caused GotFocus to fire!"
> > End Sub
> >
> > Run the form and click on the textbox; no messagebox appears!

Curiouser and curiouser!

"You sure the text box's On Got Focus property is set to [Event Procedure]?"

Yes, I always go to the code window thru the Property Box for whatever event
I'm coding, so it's set to [Event Procedure].

Also, I just went back and ran up a form from scratch, placed a textbox on it,
and did the same thing as above, with the same (for me) negative results.
GotFocus didn't fire.

Actually, I did all of this TWICE! Once on my box, running Access 2003, and I
had a friend here with a laptop running Access 2000, same results on his
machine!

As John Walton use to say "Life's a mystery!"

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

Excel should default to autoformat for chart text boxes
Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently selects "none" for outline and background options ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

Help with Combo-box
Hey everyone, hopefully someone's run across a problem similar to this and their is a (simple :) solution). Basically I have a simple combo-box that is displayed in a dialog. Now, the problem is that I have around 7200 entries that I want to appear in that box as valid selections...well thus far I haven't been able to get that many entries as a possibility (the combo-box simply refuses to allow me to enter that many fields of data). :( Okay, I tried googling this (thought maybe there was a readily defined maximum on combo-box data size) but I couldn't find anything that wou...

pre-select new record in combo box
Hi, I have a form (frmActivity) with a combo box (cboStore) that gets its data from a table (Store). If there is a new store which dose not show in the combo box I have a command button on the same form that open a popup window for entering the name of the new store. In the 'on close' event of the popup I requeary the combo box (cboStore) on the main form so that the new store will appear. What I would really like is to have the new store already selected in the combo box when the popup is closed. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks, Phil Try after the requery of the ...

Need help extracting text from EDLs
I really am trying to learn this stuff, but I haven't programmed anything since my TRS-80 Basic days and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I want to extract text from Edit Decision Lists so that I have a list of shots used in a film. Here is an example of one event of an EDL: 002 TAPE004 V C 04:45:22:06 04:45:24:14 02:00:08:00 02:00:10:08 FROM CLIP NAME: 7C-4_B_ DLEDL: PATH: /raids/luc_1/bun/reel_02/oscans/1222/bun_7c_4_b_02/2048x1556/ The text that follows "FROM CLIP NAME:" is the name of the clip that I want to extract so that I have a document on onl...

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

Text-To-Columns Fixed Width
When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fixed Width criteria and PRE-assigns the width. In most of the cases I work with Excel is wrong 99% of the time. Is there a way to force Excel to NOT pre-assign the width (leave everything blank)? On the first panel of the wizard click Delimited, then on the second panel click space as the delimiter. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 4, 12:50=A0am, TP <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fix= ed > Width ...

Outlook 2003: Cursor automatically in To box when
Whenever I create a new message; reply to one; or forward one in Outlook 2003 on a machine I inherited from someone else at work, the blinking text cursor is automatically placed in the To box. I've never seen this happen before in Outlook or any other email app and its quite annoying. I end up having to either retype the beginning of my message again in the body of the email or cut and paste what i've already began to type. Please help, DMarrs@biziteks.com On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:16:12 -0700, <DMarrs@biziteks.com> wrote: >Whenever I create a new message; reply to one...

Moving comment box leader arrow head
Can I move the position of the head of a comment arrow from one corner of the cell it references to another corner? When I display the comment box/arrow for printing it looks as if it is refering to the cell on the right, since the comment arrow points to the upper-right corner of the cell, instead of the upper-left. Francisco ...

Outlook Client on CRM 1.2 Server Box for Demos
Hi, Did a CRM 1.2 install on Windows 2003 Server and all is working well. I have been seeing things on this newsgroup that say I should be able to install the Outlook client as well on this machine although it is an unsupported configuration. This is for demo's only. I am running it under Virtual PC. I would like to not have to have 2 Virtual PC images running just to show the Outlook integration to CRM. When I try to install the Outlook client I get a message at the start saying that the Outlook client is already installed. It is not. Suggestions anyone? Alan ...

Code to send SMS text message?
Hi, I would like to send an SMS text message to a cel phone via code within Excel 2007. Has anyone done this? What code / services / products do I need to accomplish this? Does anyone have an example? Thanks in advance. --Dan What gateway are you using? What you would need to do is to snd a internet message to a gateway provider which would then send the messae out on the wireless land. Most likely you are using a webpage interface from your PC to interface with the gateway. So opening up an internet explorer and goiong to an URL is probably the method to use. ...

Access 2007 Rich Text Question 04-28-07
Hi All In the plan text version of a Memo field you can easily add a date by pressing Ctrl+Colon which makes life easy for the end user. However, if the Memo field is set to the Rich Text Property this no longer works. Or am I missing something? Tom gave me a part answer last week but I cannot see a way of inserting a date on a Rich Text Memo field by using keystrokes Thanks ...

CLSID Error on excel 2000 start up
I get this error twice every time I start up Excel 2000. It says "Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F2F90-E877-11CE-9F68-00AA00574A4F}. Anybody know how to correct this? or even whati it means??? This means that there is an error with your windows registry. One of three options should fix the problem: 1. Remove Excel and then reinstall or 2. Try to repair it 3. Create a reg file on another working installation with the below key and then import it into your computer. "Shane" <gtech@gci.net> wrote in message news:2d54401c46a1a$22af6330$a5012...

Text box and formatting?
I am working on class schedule and have one text box which spans a few pages. Pages are double columns. I have a header for each class and paragraph given for class description. On the last page, last column, one description appears at the top with empty space for the rest of the column. I would like to change the formatting of the text in the whole text-box so that most of the last column is used. I can select the text in the text box which expands over the few pages and play with the font size, but that would mean that all the text would be the same size. Is there a way that text...

Double-click notifications from a button?
How do you get double-click notifications from a button in an MFC dialog? I created an "ordinary" button using the resource editor. When instantiated, it has the BS_NOTIFY style, according to Spy++. If this button is double-clicked, it sends a BN_CLICKED message, but no BN_DOUBLECLICKED. This is Win XP Pro SP1 and VC++ 6.0 SP5. I would prefer to avoid solutions that require timing to see if single-clicks should be combined, and those which require me to wait after a single-click to see if another click is coming. sherNOwoodSPAM@computer.org (remove caps to get e-mail) I'...

Somehow disabled the ability to click on links in e-mail
A link will show up in an e-mail but when I click on it, nothing happens. Can I correct this? Thanks in advance. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- Matt <buddyheadx@yahoo.com> wrote: > A link will show up in an e-mail but when I click on it, nothing > happens. Can I correct this? In Internet Explorer, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I use text in a cell as a range name in a formula
If cell A1 had the text TEST in it and TEST is the name I have given to a group of cells using the name box what formula can I use to give me the sum of TEST, thats is the sum of the cells in the group called TEST. I understand that I can simply have =SUM(TEST), but I want the formula to refer to Cell A1 to get the name ie =SUM(A1) doesn't work obviously Any help appreciated Thank you In this case, you want to use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =SUM(INDIRECT(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kiwi" &...

DPM 2010 RC
On two test systems the DPRM Service (set to Manual by Default Install) fails to start when called. Resolution: Set to auto start and start the service or Manually start the service. Expected: Would expect that calls from the DPM server would succeed in starting the service. Any idea what could block a DPM server from starting the Service from the DPM server? No firewall or antivirus in the test. -- David Please check the DCOM launch/Activation permissions on the protected server? You can find it by launching dcomcnfg from an elevated command prompt-> ...

wrapping text in a query field
I set up the field in table to memo and tried entering a lot of information but when I open the report that field does not expand to show all of the entries. Can this be done in query and reports both. Thanking you in advance. Mary Lou On Dec 12, 12:06 pm, MaryLou <Mary...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up the field in table to memo and tried entering a lot of information > but when I open the report that field does not expand to show all of the > entries. Can this be done in query and reports both. > > Thanking you in advance. > Mary Lou Go to the p...

Pasting "Character Spacing" adjusted text
Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>by 2.5 rather than "Suberscript" for all the verse numbers. Is there a way to Copy the text and paste it into Publisher to maintain the appearance of the raised verse numbers? I do not see the Character Spacing formatting features in Publisher. We are using Office 2002. Jim wrote: > Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. > They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>...

Font Size Problem in Options Dialog Box
I recently noticed that the font size on each of the tabbed dialog boxes under Tools > Options is huge and the words don't even fit in the boxes. The font size of the tab titles in normal. Does anyone know what might cause this, or where it can be reset or adjusted? This condition is recent and has not always been this way. TIA -- Wayne Boatwright o�o ____________________ BIOYA Try starting Outlook one time with the /cleanviews switch. start->run->outlook.exe /cleanviews. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Right click copy pictures in email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop I just switched from Office X to Office 2004. I emails with pictures in them. In Office X, I could right click to copy them. In Office 2004, when I try to right click, nothing happens. <br><br>Is there any way to copy a picture that is embedded in an email? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342031805_7549207 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" ...

Disabled Exchange 2K3 accounts starting to accept new emails #2
Hello, whenever I would disable a user account in Exchange 2003, it would NDR any new email, unless there was a forwarding address in the delivery options tab, which is how I wanted it to be. However, since applying the security updates for February, the disabled accounts have begun accepting new mail. Does anyone have any ideas why? Feb. updates applied: KB890830 KB931978 KB926436 KB924667 KB928843 KB928090 KB918118 KB931836 Hi, you are right, and I think that Microsoft want it to be that way from the beginning. Read this articles http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319047 http://support.m...