Where is RowSource query?

Hi All,
I created a pivot chart using Auto Form Pivot Chart. I'm trying to get to
the query behind my chart but can't seem to locate it. I need to change the
legend text. Any ideas?

Thanks

Clearing procedure/query cache mid-stream?
We are running a big (6 million entities) conversion for a customer. Rather than BCP or anything "streamlined" we need to use our standard INSERT procedure to ensure complex business rules are enforced. The procedure is quite complex. Many checks are done prior to the actual record INSERT. Some of these check are queries against the table(s) being inserted into. (Presently taking 30 hours to complete, hope to pull it down under 20.) Performance during processing is far from linear. Our own experiments show that raw INSERT into the main table are fairly linear, (whi...

Calling VBA subroutine from a query?
Can I call a VBA subroutine from within an Access query? I wrote some English to Metric conversion routines in the Access VBA code and would like to run a query on the data that will return coverted values. I need to be able to execute this from outside the database (run the query from another program). Yes. The function must be a Public Function in a standard module. You use a calculated control to return the results of the query. ConvertedValue: MyFunction([SomeField]) -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "DavidY" wrote: > Can I call a VBA subroutine from within an ...

Excel Web Queries
I know how to setup Excel 2002 web queries from sites that are publicl available. The question is: *can you setup web queries linked to a we site that is private (i.e. you need a password to access it) such a your private portfolio in Morningstar or similar sites? -- rpensott ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rpensotti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26267 ...

Changing recordsource.. query in comboboxes
Hi, I posted this question but it.. didn't came up in Forum so am posting again... I created to combo boxes in the form.. e.g. Individualone Individual2 now on bases of Gender I want to change record source in the boxes.. if individualone box fetch male then individual2 box should fetch Females and if individual2 fetching males then individualone Females Two tables Individuals... and relations Relation table has two Fk ,from table Individuals(PK) How I would do this in the form... I am making a family tree database.. any help would be Highly appriciated.. ...

query help 07-15-10
sql 2000 i have three tables 1- create table mytab(id_no varchar(5), Counter smallint)) 2- create table Rectab(id_no varchar(5), refno smallint)) 3- create table Lib_tab(refno smallint) insert into mytab values(1,null) insert into mytab values(2,null) insert into mytab values(3,null) insert into mytab values(4,null) -- Rectab has duplicate values insert into Rectab values(1,1) insert into Rectab values(1,1) insert into Rectab values(1,2) insert into Rectab values(1,2) insert into Rectab values(1,2) insert into Rectab values(1,3) insert into Rectab values(2,1) ins...

Trim function in a query for making labels
I have an Accress database that was created in Access 2000 (or earlier) ... newly installed Access 2007. I am trying to print mailing labels -- that part works as expected, but I am getting an "Enter Parameter Value" box before the labels display, and when they do display there is Error on the lines requiring Trim ... I have no idea what I am supposed to input into that box. Can someone enlighten me, please? Thanks for your help. -- Jan Your References collection is probably messed up. References problems can be caused by differences in either the location or file vers...

How do I increase the size of my Query
The default number of columns on my Access database is 24. Can this be expanded to 40? Thanks The number of columns can be increased up to 255, but I don't believe the default can be changed. You can select multiple columns at one time and then use the insert Columns menu item to add that number of columns. == Click on the narrow gray bar at the top of the column and while holding down the mouse button drag left or right to select multiple columns == Select Insert Columns from the menu John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Mar...

Some queries
Hi I would like to know your response on the following queries, please help me. 1. Can we send payslip from payroll to online. If it is possible, please give me the details. 2. Historical IV Trailbalance is not giving correct value, when I compare with historical stock status report. Is the report working properly. 3. Since analytical accounting is not integrated with payroll, is there any alternate solution for getting details from anlytical accounting report Regards ...

query by form problem 11-30-09
On my form I have a series of six unbound, unconnected check boxes labeled (for the purposes of this post) a, b, c, d, e, and f. When a is checked, I want my query to show all records where a is not null. And no other records. When both a and b are checked, I want my query to show all records where a is not null and where b is not null. And no other records. And so on. In other words, turning off any check box gives a query that ignores records with non-null values of the corresponding field. I am uncertain as to how to design this query. Could someone please advise? Ma...

microsoft Query with Excel
I'm trying out some stuff and need help with MS Query with Excel. My company will be using SQL databases after a major upgrade to our business system. One of the things I hope to do is query an SQL file and select records where the date field is greater than todays date minus six (ardisfil.ar_dist_dt > date()-6). My problem is I don't see a date() function! Any ideas for me? Karen Karen =Now()-6 should work You can also add a parameter to a worksheet cell and use that -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS &...

create one table from six queries
I have an excel report which draws data from access. The excel table looks like this: Each project is reviewed by two people Reviewer Name | Reviewer1 | Reviewer2 | Total last 12 months AA x y x+y This is repeated for 3 months and 1 month (so the querry uses a date between to work that out) x is a create-tabel query and so is y. I want to create one table for these queries (in total 6 per reviewer) and import that table into excel. I would also need to add the reviewer 1 and 2 in the table so as to import it in one go. Can you help ...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

Append query?
Hello Experts,I have an Append query that takes data from one table and puts it intoanother.I only want the query to insert rows, however, where two records aredistinct.I've tried using the QBE and writing some SQL code.Something like this:Insert into Table_ASelect Table_B.*>From Table_BWhereTable_A.cust_no <> Table_B.cust_noAndTable_A.empl_no <> Table_B.empl_noDoes anyone have any ideas?I'm basically trying to use an Append query to back up a table. Ionly want the query, however, to append new records.alex...

Conditional Formatting query
Hi all, I need to place conditions on a spreadsheet dealing with dates. In a column I have dates eg 28 Aug 07, 15 May 07, 20 Jun 08 etc Lets say they are in cells B3, B4 and B5 respectively. At cell A1 there is a date =TODAY() In the B column I have placed conditional formatting as Cell Value Is: Equal or greater than $A$1 - it returns a cell coloured RED I'm at a loss to place a value in for those dates between Cell A and those in Column B from day 1 to day 90 (ie within 3 months) to return a colour of Yellow Hope you can understand my query, Cheers, Pete. Select the range to be...

Data Validation Query
When using data validation I want to allow a list where the source is from a seperate sheet of the workbook. I have tried using named ranges but cannot get it to pick up the range. I can only get the list to work when the range for the list is on the same sheet. Should this be the case? Regards, Nick Perhaps you used a sheet level name, e.g. Sheet2!MyList, and that's causing the problem. There are instructions here for naming a range, and using that range as the source for a data validation list: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Nick wrote: > When using data v...

optional parameter for query
I have a query and would like to have optional parameters for the users. Because I have more than 10 optional paramters which MS Access gives me query too complex and does not run it. I wonder that are there any easier way to have more than 10 optional parameters for users. I use "[forms]![MyForm]![MyDropDown] or [forms]![MyForm]![MyDropDown] is null" in criteria field. MS Access creates a very long SQL. I think it is why MS Access complained the SQL too complex. any information is great appreciated, Try Like IIF(IsNull([forms]![MyForm]![MyD...

Loop Append Query
I am trying to create a code that will go through a table of criteria. It will run a query for a row, append that query to an output table, and then move down a row and do the same thing over until there are no rows left. Example of Criteria_Table: Fields are - Name : Level : Location Joe : Level 1 : East Sam : Level 3 : West Bob : Level 10 : North Example of Ouput_Table Fields are - Name : Level : Location : Position Num (from Query on Criteria_Table and Position_Table) Joe : Level 1 : East : 2 Sam : Level 3 : West : 6 Bob : Level 10 : North : 9 Any suggestion...

Using sum and min in the same query
Hi all, In need to build a query that will give the sum of some ammount and will give the % depending on the last period for example 1234 1000 04 10% 1234 2000 07 4% 1234 3000 08 9% 1234 4000 10 8% -------------------------- for the query will get 1234 10000 8%(as for the last month) any ideas? So you want to compare the summed amount for this period against the summed amount for another period in the same table? Use a subquery. This example shows how to sum another period from the same table to get a year-to-date amount: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#YTD Use the same prin...

return all records in crosstab query
I have a combo box on user pick form where users can choose one Operator and leave the box blank to return all records. How do I revise my below code to allow users to leave the [frm_Pick_Operation_Emp_Chart]![Operationcmb] field on my pick form blank? Thank you! PARAMETERS [forms]![frm_Pick_Operation_Emp_Chart]![BegDatetxt] DateTime, [forms]![frm_Pick_Operation_Emp_Chart]![EndDatetxt] DateTime, [forms]![frm_Pick_Operation_Emp_Chart]![Operationcmb] Text ( 255 ); TRANSFORM Sum(qry_Defect_by_Operation_Emp_Chart.[SumOfDef Qnty]) AS [SumOfSumOfDef Qnty] SELECT qry_Defect_by_Operation_Emp_...

Cleaner way to query for negatives?
Access 2000, Win XP SP2 Hi all, I'm looking for a cleaner way to determine whether or not an entry in one table has a specific field checked yes or no in another table. Table 1: fldVendorID (Primary key, no dupes) fldVendorName Table 2: fldVendorID (dupes allowed) fldContact fldAllowed Table 2 can have many fldContacts per each fldVendorID from Table 1. fldAllowed is a yes/no field. I want to query for any VendorID which has NO fldAllowed=yes. I've done it this way: Query 1 counts all contacts from Table 2, grouped by fldVendorID Query 2 counts all fldAllowed="No"...

Input Box/Message Box queries
I have three queries about boxes which I hope that some one can help m with. 1) Is it possible to write into code, so that a message box will appea for 2 seconds, say, and then the macro will continue without the use having to click "OK' in the message box? 2) Is it possible to have an input box, where the user clicks a "Yes button or a "No" button and the macro proceeds accordingly? 3) Is it possible to change the font size of text within an input bo or a message box? Thanks for any help fre -- freekril -----------------------------------------------------------...

Range query
HI all, Am using the code below to operate a combobox, but would like it to read the information from the top line of the worksheet, currently is reading down Any help with this would be appreciated, Private Sub userform_Activate() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long With Worksheets("Work Data") iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "1").End(xlUp).Row Me.ComboBox1.Clear For i = E To iLastRow Me.ComboBox1.AddItem .Cells(i, "1").Value Next i End With End Sub HYCH Steve I'm not sure I understand, but maybe... Ch...

Query speed across network. Eek...Access97!!
I posted this is Small Business Server forum too, as I'm not sure where it should belong. Please read on.... I have a client running a legacy inhouse app developed by another party. Developed using VB, it runs on Access97. This app is split into client(frontend) and server(backend). Up until recently they were running everything on a shoestring WindowsXP peer2peer. As the machine handling "server" duties was suffering increasing BSOD due to hardware issues, it was decided a "proper server" be put in place. Citing performance, security and email prospects I sold ...

Button on Form to Run Report based on Query with Parameters
Hi Guys. I am busy working on a stock control database (and job control). When I have a Form Open, it shows several fields, including JobID (Which is the PK for that job) (frm_Invoicing) I also have a Query that when Run, it prompts for the JobIDNo. (qry_CustJobsInvStock) I have a report based on that query. (rpt_CustJobsInvStock) I have added a button onto the form (onclick -> DoCmd.OpenReport) to open and automatically print the report, But I just cannot figure out how to get it to get my JobID from the form, and to Automatically add it as a Parameter for the que...

delete query 05-20-10
I would like to delete first 3 records of the table. I know that I can set criteria to delete certain records in the table, but are there any way to set criteria only the first 3 or 4 records? Your information is great appreciated, inungh wrote: > I would like to delete first 3 records of the table. > I know that I can set criteria to delete certain records in the table, > but are there any way to set criteria only the first 3 or 4 records? > > Your information is great appreciated, You really need to define the criteria to identify the "first" 3 recor...