I have a working Access 2007 Application which is now failing miserably in
2010.  It hinges on location the first available working document in a table
runing the following VBA code:
With Me.Recordset
        .FindFirst "([fld1] + [fld2]) = 0"
        If .NoMatch Then
          .FindLast "([fdl1] + [fld2]) <> 0"
          Exit Sub
        End If
....  FURTHER PROCESSING ...

What must I do to correct this? Go through a record by record search?
End With
In 2007, this works correctly, stopping at the appropriate record (approc.
rec 1385 in the recordset). In 2010, it stops at record 79

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 15:58:01 -0800, Dadders
<Dadders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

What are the values of fld1 and fld2 in both scenarios?

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I have a working Access 2007 Application which is now failing miserably in
>2010.  It hinges on location the first available working document in a table
>runing the following VBA code:
>With Me.Recordset
>        .FindFirst "([fld1] + [fld2]) = 0"
>        If .NoMatch Then
>          .FindLast "([fdl1] + [fld2]) <> 0"
>          Exit Sub
>        End If
>...  FURTHER PROCESSING ...
>
>What must I do to correct this? Go through a record by record search?
>End With
>In 2007, this works correctly, stopping at the appropriate record (approc.
>rec 1385 in the recordset). In 2010, it stops at record 79
0
Tom
12/6/2009 3:17:15 AM
"Dadders" <Dadders@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem
>I have a working Access 2007 Application which is now failing miserably in
> 2010.  It hinges on location the first available working document in a
> table
> runing the following VBA code:
> With Me.Recordset
>        .FindFirst "([fld1] + [fld2]) = 0"
>        If .NoMatch Then
>          .FindLast "([fdl1] + [fld2]) <> 0"
>          Exit Sub
>        End If
> ...  FURTHER PROCESSING ...
>
> What must I do to correct this? Go through a record by record search?
> End With
> In 2007, this works correctly, stopping at the appropriate record (approc.
> rec 1385 in the recordset). In 2010, it stops at record 79

0
silvinha

MLA format in bibliography function
MLA formatting changed in 2009, is there a way to update the way bibliographies are formatted without having to manually change each instance? For example, it is no longer recommended that titles are to be underlined; they should be italicized. Also the publication medium should be included and urls are not required, the website name is. There is no patch out yet. If you have a decent XSLT programming knowledge, you could fix the thing yourself as it is 'open source'. Yves -- BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles http://bibword.codeplex.com ...

Business Portal should allow me to access different dynamics.set
I use GP to manage several different companies. Each company had different check formats. It is fairly simple to set up different report.dic files for different companies if you are using terminal services directly or are using GP from your desktop, however, if you are running thru Business Portal you are only allowed to point to one dynamics.set file. It would be great if you could set up BP so that it would point to different dynamics.set files for differnt companies. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

outlook 2010 search broken
My search no longer retrieves anything in outlook 2010. It doesn't matter if I am searching email or contacts. Any ideas? The only way I can find a contact is to use filter and narrow it down. did you try rebuilding the index? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM ...

Access vs Visual Basic (Language Issue)
I have database in access and made some interface for populating database, cause we needed something fast to do it and had no time to make it in vb. And I had Serbian (Latin) characters entered into this dabase and showing in Access forms well. But now when I need to make program in VB, ADO fields does not return me Serbian (Latin) specific characters it returns me English (US) replacements. I do have installed Serbian (Latin) on system but Default language is English (US). (and I must not switch default language to Serbian (Latin)) hopeless for now I am sure that something in ado is done ...

open access form from outlook
I am sending the user an email from my form. Is there a way to pass something to the user through the email so they can click on it to open the form on the correct record? I have tried a few things that work on the run command, but when I use outlook it does not work. I'm not sure if it is virus protection stopping it or what. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Cynthia No, that will not work. You Access application which contains the form and the data is running on your computer. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Cynthia" wrote: > I am sendin...

Converting Access 2000 table to Access 97
How do you link an Access 2000 table to an Access 97 database? Thanks for your time. ...

still able to workd in Access 2007
Hello, I am developping our church membership database using Access 2002 in my laptop. I plan to convert it to access97 then I create MDE using Access 97 in my othercomputer. My question is, with all VBA that I created, Is there any possiblity that it can not work in Access 97?, otherwise I just make MDE access2000. Thanks for any idea provided -- H. Frank Situmorang You may be able to save it as an Access 97 MDB. If you plan to, do this before you split. Of course, it won't work if you used any of the things that were not in Access 97, e.g. AllForms collection, OpenReport in dia...

access to pdf to powerpoint
I want to create a report in Access, export to pdf and import into powerpoint. I can export from Access to pdf ok but want to import to powerpoint and create one slide for each page of the pdf report. I haven't received a response on the Powerpoint discussion group. Do I need to make each pdf just one page? Is there a way to do that in Access? Thanks This is my favorite .ppt site. http://www.pptfaq.com/index.html Maybe you can find something there. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "CC"...

Windows XP SP2 Support Ends July 2010 [FYI]
cf. http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/springboard/archive/2009/12/06/windows-2000-server-windows-2000-client-and-windows-xp-sp2-support-ends-july-2010.aspx ...

Using Access for SQL data tweaking
Hi, I read the thread about the dangers of going in with Microsoft Access and using the grid/queries format to modify RMS data. I see that it can be done if you are willing to take the risks of bypassing the verification checks performed by RMS. However, what I don't quite get is how to make Access talk to the SQL database to begin with! I am using SQL Server Express 2005 (only works with the latest hotfix for RMS; that's an alligator I think is already licked) and Access 97. All I'm aware of to try is just directly attempting to open the .mdb with Access, but it doesn&#...

My function won't function. Please assist?
I want the BusinssCity field & BusinessZip field to be automatically filled in with Durham and 27710 respectively if the BusinessName = Duke. What's wrong with this code? Private Sub BusinessName_AfterUpdate() ' If BusinessName = Duke, then fill in "Durham" for BusinessCity and "27710" for BusinessZip Select Case BusinessName Case "Duke" BusinessCity = "Durham" BusinessZip = "27710" End Select End Sub Thanks! Try: Private Sub BusinessName_AfterUpdate() ' If BusinessName = D...

update for 2010?
For office beta 2010, will we be able to get updates, fixes? Suppose that there is a bug fixed at ON 2010 beta, will we be able to upgrade the beta version? Or will we be using the same version until the final product is on sale? Thanks There will likely be at least one more public build available before RTM (Release to Manufacturing) but I wouldn't expect any incremental bug fixes like a released product. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/onenote.htm "minimus" <mini...

Combox
I have written a nice little function that returns a list of values that i would like to use in a combo box. So far, It seems I can only pull from a named range for the values. The background: The contents of the combo need to vary depending on the value in the box next to it. Basically, we have a big lookup table and we use the value to the left of the combo box to filter that data through a custom function. The function comes in because we need to remove dupes, blanks, and clean it up somewhat. Is there any way, even a round-about way, to get it to use the function? Some kind of tempor...

Should I upgrade to a newer version of Access?
Hi All, I currently use Access 2002. I have one application I've written that I sell, and one or two others in development. Though I'm not currently doing so, I'd like to start playing with web applications. While this question might be a little vague, I'm wondering if there are compelling reasons for me to upgrade to a new version of Access. I've been to the Microsoft site. I gather that they'd LOVE me to upgrade. I'm hoping I can get an opinion or two from actual users of the various versions. I expect to get more good information without q...

Function in XL or in VBA for XL that pulls numeric digits from a t
Using XL 2003 and 97 In another product (ACL) there is a function called Incude() which has the following paramaters: INCLUDE(string,characters_to_include) INCLUDE( ) returns a string consisting of only those characters from string that appear in characters_to_include, in the same order that they appear in string. Example also from ACL: INCLUDE("123 any street","0123456789") ="123" Or if Cell B1 contained A123B456C789 [Assuming XL had an Include() function] INCLUDE("B1","0123456789") ="123456789&...

cell function
Is there a way to have a cell in a spreadsheet be represented as a symbol? example: if i want cell A1 to show a checkmark or an x when the cell is checked, how would i do that (if it can be done)? greatly appreciated Not sure I totally get how you're envisioning it to work. I'm guessing you want to click on the cell at which point it will put an x in the cell then take it off. 2 ways to do it. 1) (I wouldn't do this) use forms, and put a checkbox over the cell. I've found the checkboxes are always tough to manage, expecially if people are inserting rows, resizi...

Querys not updated
Recently we updated the databases from Access 97 to 2003. The querys were not updated and the ones that are needed to perform mail merge are not retreiving the data. The tables and the data is there, but is not being read. Is there a methos to update the querys ? The OS is XP for the clients and W 2000 for the server. Thanks in advance Alfredo -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200803/1 On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 04:27:13 GMT, "alfredoag via AccessMonster.com" <u11123@uwe> wrote: >Recently we updated the dat...

Function or insert/into temp table
I have rewritten a function that calls a function recusively that passes back a table from a stored procedure. It now seems that I have to call that procedure over and over from another list that I get from a common table expression. Something like: with MyCTE as { .... } INSERT INTO #Temp SELECT Account FROM MyCTE Read through #Temp and execute the stored procedure for each row. Is there a way to do this without a cursor? Thanks, Tom "tshad" <t@dslextreme.com> wrote in message news:%23qfThagyKHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have re...

Is there a Cheat Sheet for Access Requirements Available?
Hi, Is there some type of cheat sheet available that gives the various combination of permissions needed on CreateFile vs Object Permissions for various things. In other words, can an app using CreateFile open a device using GENERIC_READ and still send DeviceIoControl commands to it? In order for a CreateFile to use GENERIC_READ or GENERIC_WRITE what are the object permission requirements (allow write access/read access/ control/ etc..). ?? TIA!! Hi David, AFAIK there is no such sheet, but good sources are always these documents: [CreateFile Function] http://ms...

Report Manager access: localhost vs 127.0.0.1
Hi, What is the difference between accessing Report Manager via localhost and 127.0.0.1? a) http://localhost/Reports_MyInstance b) http://127.0.0.1/Reports_MyInstance I have installed SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services on Windows 7. After installation I tried to access Report Manager using the urls as specified by a and b. In case a, the Report Manager interface loaded showing a Contents and Properties tab. In case b, first a dialog box popped up asking for credentials. I entered the credentials for the current user that was logged on. Then the Report Manager lo...

BD in Access ---> SQL + WinForm in -Net
Hi, sorry for my english, I have a problem of conceptual design of my database, i hope you can help me. This is a shop with a variety of articles (Posters, mobiles, decorative objects among others), which have different characteristics, Plates: size, author, image, ... Moviles: brand, size, weight .... Flashlight: Power, material, color, ... ......... ......... I decided to make a table tblCategoria and another tblArticulo: TblCategoria: id, name, description, picture TblArticulo: id, category, images, prices And here i have the problem, I would like how to save every property of the artic...

Directing Access to open a file...?
Hello, My business has recently switched to DVD format, and I've undertaken a project of indexing and archiving a bunch (~400) magneto-optical disks that are packed with a plethora of information. I've decided that re-uploading all information from these MO disks onto the new DVD's is far too timely of a project. I'm going to rather keep a dedicated PC with the proper drive to open these MO's and store them away until the need arises. However, in order to pinpoint the disk I need to find when a case pops up in my query, I'm going to simply print a screen that contains...

Outlook 2007/2010
Hi, hope someone can help me to set the settings in Outlook 2007/2010 for - "this meeting was automatically declined because it conflicts with another appointment." Thanks You mean you want your calendar to automatically decline conflicting meeting requests? The exact steps will be different from 2007 and 2010. In 2007 should be Tools | Options | Calender Options | Resource Scheduling...as I recall. In 2010 File | Options | Calendar | Resource Scheduling... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.office...

Cannot install DPM 2010 Beta 3
I get many errors all relating to SQL. It is usually SQL login errors about not having permissions, but I haven't found the right permutation yet! It should be easier than this. The scenario is: 1 x Windows 2008 R2 (virtual) server with SQL2008 Std installed on it. Also installed Reporting Services and SQLPrepInstaller too. All SQL services are running. 1 x Windows 2008 R2 (virtual) server for DPM 2010. All residing in a Windows 2008 R2 level forest/domain. Everytime i try to install DPM2010 (to remote SQL server or the standard default local SQL install), it fails, e...

Convert Access 2000 to Access 97 06-22-04
I needed to convert an Access 2000 db to 97. The Converted database will run on Windows 98 but on Windows 2000 I get an error when I run some of the select queries (the select query is pulling from other queries, not tables). The error is "MSAccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." This is a pretty generic error and I can't seem to find anything helpful. Has anyone run into a similar problem? My main Access program, supplied in runtime 97 & 2k, does not run in A97 on Win2k or WinXP for the reason you s...