What is the purpose of the Link Master and Child Fields?

I have a form which contains tabbed subForms, each subForm pulling data from
their respective tables. However, none of these forms talk to each other and
I don't really know the purpose of the Link Master Fields and Link Child
Fields sections. But i'm pretty sure this has something to do with it.

Can anyone shed any light or post me a link to where this is explained?

"SparkyMark" <SparkyMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form which contains tabbed subForms, each subForm pulling data
>from
> their respective tables. However, none of these forms talk to each other
> and
> I don't really know the purpose of the Link Master Fields and Link Child
> Fields sections. But i'm pretty sure this has something to do with it.
>
> Can anyone shed any light or post me a link to where this is explained?

You should have a one-to-many relationship set up between the main form's
table and the sub's table.  Set the Master to the main form's (table's)
primary key and the Child to the sub's (table's) foreign key.  If you have a
relationship set then Access should suggest this link.

HTH - Keith.
www.keithwilby.com

0
Keith

The procedure entry point RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll.
I have found a 'ntdll.dll' file, but that didn't help. This shows up in Outlook. W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.788 / Virus Database: 533 - Release Date: 11/1/2004 I found it, http://www.jrsoftware.org/iskb.php?uxtheme W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan "W. Kirk Crawford" <wkc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:xoidnaqrja3VPVncRVn-hg@comcast.com... > I have found a 'ntdll.dll' file, but that didn't help. > ...

Reapplying Notest Master not working
I've tried this in PP2007 & PP2010 RC. I have a handful of decks where I've modified the notes master to include new headers and footers. However many random slides in the decks aren't using the master. I've tried to visit each one and apply the notes master, but in some cases one of the following happens: (1) nothing happens, (2) only the slide & notes field get updated, the footers & headers don't change. Is there a way to say "blow away all customizations to the notes page use the notes master for everything" ??? Seems like this should be a...

a count field in a query?

Error when I click on mailto: links
Greetings, I get an error message when I click on any links that use the mailto: code. Here's the error: Title: Problem with Shortcut Text: The amil program was unable to send mail. I use Windows 98 and Office XP. I use Outlook XP, not Outlook Express as my default mail app. I have ensured that Outlook XP is my default e-mail program. I have also made sure that under Internet Options--> Application, it says that Outlook is my mail program. Anything else I can do? Hold curser over link, press shift key, now you can click on link. "Steve Miller" wrote: > Greetings,...

XML samples for replace a child element
Hi, Does anybody know where I can find samples to search an element in a subtree of an xml file and replace some new value for this element? I can only find some samples to use 'replace last child or replade first child' but couldn't find sample for replace a child neither first nor last child. Thanks for any help, CT See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemXmlXmlNodeClassReplaceChildTopic.asp Rather than specifying root.FirstChild or root.LastChild, you only need to select a particular node. Supposing you have the root node of the dom document (r...

Linking using ranges?
I have a chart of data on one excel worksheet (and this chart has a constant number of columns, but the number of rows vary). I need to take all of the data on this chart (not all of the data on that worksheet) and put it in to the middle of another worksheet. I was wondering if there was a way to do this without using a macro. My thought was to try to create a range on each sheet and set one range equal to another, but apparently excel doesn't allow this (at least in version 2000, which I am using). Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? If this isn't possible how woul...

Plotting results of survey fields
I have a spreadsheet that measures various aspects of particular features (i.e. usability, age of application, etc) as noted in the chart sample below Ease of Feature Use Flexibility A 1 4 B 2 2 C 3 5 D 5 5 E 1 1 I want to compare my results in a matrix that allows those features ranking low (1,1) to be plotted on the lower left of the chart and those ranking high (5,5) in the upper right, with values in between. I have tried to do this as a scatter diagram, but am having difficulty getting the results to plot correctly. Also, I need to separate those entries ha...

Entering the same value into two table fields at the same time
Say that there is a table which has 2 fields (A, B) There is a form [Form1] (data entry type) to enter data for A by `TextBoxA`. There is also one more `TextBoxB` which is Not Visible. My target is to record the value of (entered thtough `TextBoxA`) into B field of the table as well. So I write down a code "Before Insert" of the Form1 that: " Form_Form1.TextBoxB = Form_Form1.TextBoxA " It is not recording A values into the field B... Where am I wrong? Can you help me please? Sory !!! When I write down the same code into `OnExit` of TextBoxA, it is working...!! yes, ...

Change Legend Entry label of "Total" to actual name of field.
I have two pivot charts. One has multiple criteria and when I create a pivot chart, each series field breaks out properly using the names provided in the multiple criteria given. Now, the issue is when I have a single (one) field name, the chart automatically has the legend entry of "Total" since I am using the 'sum of' option. I've manually changed the name of the field in the pivot table, but the label on the chart remains the same. I've go so far as to read several tips on going to the source data to change this but of course when working with pivot tables, you ca...

how to restore links automatically after server migration?
We plan to migrate from Novell to Windows Server 2003, using new directory structures. The problem is : we have more than 1000 spreadsheets which are linked to other spreadsheets, and after the migration all the links will be broken because of the new locations. Is there a tool or a trick to restore these links quicker than opening all the sheets and correct the links by hand one-by-one? I could produce a table containing the name of the sheet, old location, new location, but then ?... Any help is highly appreciated! Sabine ...

"ghost or blank" messages with date field of "none".....help?
using the ESEUTIL utility, we recently had to rebuild our message store because of a corrupted restore attempt. everything restored nicely...execpt now we have some users that have what seems to be blank messages. when outlook is opened, and messages are listed in the inbox or deleted items folder, these messages are blank except for the word "none" in the date field. they can not be accessed nor deleted. any ideas on how to resolve this issue?? thanks! On 26 Sep 2006 12:07:04 -0700, "kamor56" <kmorgan56@gmail.com> wrote: >using the ESEUTIL utility, we recentl...

conditional "business required" field
I have 2 fields, A and B Depending on picklist selection from field A, I want field B to be "business required" or not. Is this done with onchange Jscript on field A? What are the CRM events controlling "business required". Is there a list of all CRM supported events? Thanks Paul Yes, you should use onchange event of FieldA. Use "crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel('field_schema_name', true);" to make it Required, or put 'false' for the second parameter to remove requirment. Note that the function SetFieldReqLevel is unsupported. The list of all ...

How to update a specific field from a Find Duplicates querie
I have to update 1 table that has multiple duplications. If i search for duplicate on Field1, Field2, and Field3 all matching, i receive many duplicates where Field4 and Field 5 are different and/or Null. What do i need to do to the query so that Field4 and Field5 will be automatically updated when the duplicate is found? Current: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP Mike Smith 1234 DELETE 9012 Desire result: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP 9012 (...

How to link the content of a cell with a related list of items
I have a workbook that I created for tst item analysis. On the main worksheet is used to enter sudent's response for every multiple-choice question. on another worksheet which is the summary, I wrote a formula that allows me to sknow how many students choose choice 1, choice 2, choice 3,choice 4 for a given question. My challenge is to click on that number of student in the cell to display the list of students who chose cjoice 1, 2, 3, or 4. How canI do that please? -- Ti Moy Here's a formulas model to achieve the underlying objectives: http://cjoint.com/?chjHCSWehb ...

Delete Field in Backend Database
Access 2007 user looking for code that will delete a field from a specified table on a backend database. AND/OR...change the Field Size on an existing field. Thanks! -- DT No user should have this ability. This is a recipe for disaster!!!! Anywho, To delete a field you'd do something along the line of Dim db As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Set db = CurrentDb set tdf = db.TableDefs ("YourTableName") tdf.Fields.Delete ("YourFieldName") or using SQL, something like Db.Execute "ALTER TABLE YourTableName " & _ ...

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

Activate "Contacts" field within a Contact
I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact field in 2003. I just found the Contacts field in 2007 but I cannot edit this field. How do I activate the field. Is there a way to show this field when you open a contact? You need to add the field to that view: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Show Contact Linking... -- Russ Valentine "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C565B904-9DEB-4F29-AED4-716F2CB253EE@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact fi...

links between lists
i have excel 2002 and Win XP. I am creating two lists of name one line of travel and one alphabetical. I want to know if there is a way a) to link the two together in a way that if i change the sequence number on the travel one it will automatically change the number to the corresponding name in the alphabetical list of name b) and also if i need to delete a line it would delete the corresponding line in the other list. c) would that be possible on the same sheet or even different sheets of the same file That would be fantistic but may be i am dreaming too much. Let's hope ...

Drag and drop to create a link to a file in a cell of an Excel file
Hi, What I want to do is to click a file in Windows Explorer and then drag and drop it into a cell of an opened Excel file to create a hyperlink to this file (i.e. later on if the linked file is a PDF file and if I click the link, it will open the file in Adobe Reader. Of course, it does not work in the way as I thought. Instead, Excel reads the file into a worksheet. I wonder whether anyone has an idea how to achieve this. It is just too tedious to use Insert -> Hyperlink to create the link if there are many files to be linked. Thanks for any suggestion. Paul. How about just getting th...

Field Type Mismatch on select
I have an input field (InputFieldA) that a user can type either a location# (alphanumeric - could be all numeric) or zipcode (numeric). I have the following select: select * from TableA where location = InputFieldA I would like to just do something simple to select the information regardlesss of whether they type in location# or zip. I thought something like this would work: select * from TableA where location = InputFieldA or zipcode = InputFieldA This works if the field is a zipcode (numeric) but not if it contains characters because it fails with a mis match on field type. (The ...

fail when try to select field from an entity view
Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM Server. Can somone help to find an explaination. I should mention that even when I open a session from a client machine I use the administrator credentials Thanks in advance Try adding about:blank to the trusted sites in IE and check. HTH, Niths "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote: > Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main > viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM >...

Linking rows of data to another worksheet
Worksheet One contains survey data pertaining to customer satisfaction for all of our building communities. The data is entered in each row as follows.. .. community name, lot number, buyer name, etc. Therefore, this worksheet contains all the survey results for all of our buyers, and then based on the survey responses, an overall rating is calculated. I would like to then link each row to its corresponding worksheet per community. By doing this, I can calculate the survey ratings per community as opposed to the overall rating calculated on worksheet One. I would greatly appreciate any as...

Clearing Links
In Excel 2000, I have a file that I don't want to update any more. I went to Tools/Options/Calculation and removed the check mark in "Update remote references", clicked OK, and saved the file. Everytime I open it, it still asks if I want to update links. I click NO! "Update remote references" has the check mark back again. What gives? How do I make clear the links from this file? I know I can also do Edit/Copy/Paste special.../Values, but these links are here and there in the file, with formulas here and there, and I don't want to get rid of the formul...

Link Chart with data cell (cl
This was your questio Hi I want to link all the points in my xychart with the rows of the data that are in the chart. i.e. after a mouseclick on the chart data the user will be redirected to the data row The idea is to create a link to a text cell, situated in the same row as the data, which explains the details to each point Thanks in advance for your help Mattia ...

Masking fields in CRM
I was asked a question today about whether it is possible to mask fields in a (for instance) Account form depending on the value of a picklist. For example, an Account might have field that are only valid for certain values in a custom picklist. These fields are greyed out depending on the picklist value. My initial thought is that using a onChange event might do the trick but I don't know if I am right... or how to do it! Any thoughts?? Lindsay Lindsay, This type of process is not supported by the app. While you could do something like this via OnChange, it would not work when yo...