way to open a form in mutliple instances?

Is there a way to open up a form in more than one instance. i.e. the same
form but different data?  If so, what is the methos?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, there is.  See the sample code at http://www.daiglenet.com/msaccess.htm

The Multi_Instance Forms download is the last one on this page.

HTH,

Rob

"ThorBo" <ThorBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to open up a form in more than one instance. i.e. the same
> form but different data?  If so, what is the methos?
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
Rob
11/15/2007 3:00:24 AM
There's also what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-35.html

Rob: just for your information, Sandra's said she's going to let her site
lapse. However, the content of her Access page has been moved to
http://www.accessmvp.com/SDaigle/index.htm You might want to update your
bookmarks.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Rob Parker" <NOSPAMrobpparker@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote in message
> Yes, there is.  See the sample code at
> http://www.daiglenet.com/msaccess.htm
>
> The Multi_Instance Forms download is the last one on this page.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rob
>
> "ThorBo" <ThorBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to open up a form in more than one instance. i.e. the same
>> form but different data?  If so, what is the methos?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

0
Douglas
11/15/2007 11:43:32 AM
Thanks for that update, Doug.

Rob

> There's also what Allen Browne has at
> http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-35.html
>
> Rob: just for your information, Sandra's said she's going to let her site
> lapse. However, the content of her Access page has been moved to
> http://www.accessmvp.com/SDaigle/index.htm You might want to update your
> bookmarks.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Rob Parker" <NOSPAMrobpparker@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote in
> message news:e7Wr8OzJIHA.4688@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Yes, there is.  See the sample code at
>> http://www.daiglenet.com/msaccess.htm
>>
>> The Multi_Instance Forms download is the last one on this page.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> "ThorBo" <ThorBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way to open up a form in more than one instance. i.e. the
>>> same
>>> form but different data?  If so, what is the methos?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.

0
Rob
11/15/2007 1:19:52 PM
thanks much, Rob. I will give it a try.

"Rob Parker" wrote:

> Yes, there is.  See the sample code at http://www.daiglenet.com/msaccess.htm
>
> The Multi_Instance Forms download is the last one on this page.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rob
>
> "ThorBo" <ThorBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to open up a form in more than one instance. i.e. the same
> > form but different data?  If so, what is the methos?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.

Thanks, Douglas!

Rick

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> There's also what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-35.html
>
> Rob: just for your information, Sandra's said she's going to let her site
> lapse. However, the content of her Access page has been moved to
> http://www.accessmvp.com/SDaigle/index.htm You might want to update your
> bookmarks.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Rob Parker" <NOSPAMrobpparker@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote in message
> > Yes, there is.  See the sample code at
> > http://www.daiglenet.com/msaccess.htm
> >
> > The Multi_Instance Forms download is the last one on this page.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > "ThorBo" <ThorBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Is there a way to open up a form in more than one instance. i.e. the same
> >> form but different data?  If so, what is the methos?
> >>
> >> Thanks for any help.

Multiple instances of a property sheet
I have two windows as part of my application, say W1 and W2. They are both derived from CFrameWnd. I have a class derived from CPropertySheet that is instantiated/displayed by both windows. When I create an instance of my property sheet (let's call it P1) from W1 (the property sheet is modal to W1) and then create another instance of my property sheet (P2) from W2 (modal to W2), I cannot close P1 by clicking OK or Cancel. Clicking OK or Cancel is completely ineffective; the dialog remains open. Then, if I close P2 by clicking OK or Cancel, both property sheets are closed. I augment CProp...

Operation Failed opening attachment
hi all, We have 2 machines here which randomly display the following error when trying to open attachments in outlook "operation failed" They are both running Win XP Pro using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6626) SP3 Sometimes they open fine, other times they display the message, the attachments are normally word or excel files. Cheers in advanced.. ...

Stripping Blank Characters form Imported Data
I am trying to verify 2 worksheets full of data. One has been imported from Visual Basic and the other from Business Object. The Business object sheet, brings over the entire field not just the charaters needed. Example: For the city field there are 50 characters available. If you use Nashville, the Business Object brings over 50 characters where the Visual Basic brings over 9. When trying to find descrepancies, this brings back a false positive if the city is the same. Is there a way to manipulate that data when it is sent to Excel? The easiest way to deal with this would be to find...

Problem when opening Excel 2003 file
How come when I open a file in Excel nothing appears? Yet the same file will open correctly on other peoples computers. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bruce Weinstein wrote: > How come when I open a file...

Trouble with Forms based authentication in OWA
I am having some problems in setting up OWA with forms based authentication. From my understanding it should work like this: I go to my usual address http://<myserverdomain>/Exchange and I will be directed to the Forms Based Authentication login screen. Once I am there I can choose basic or premium function in OWA and once I authenticate I should be able to access OWA without any other login prompts. Well none of that is happening. Here is what I have done so far. 1. Enabled Forms based authentication in Exchange System manager. 2. Verified that that Authenticated Users group has Read...

Query by Form Problem 06-19-07
I'm using QBF with about six different combo boxes using: [forms]! [formmain]! [combo1] or [forms]![formmain1]![combo1] -like in a VBA book. This is so users can select criteria on a form with the combo boxes, and when they are done, they hit the search button, and it opens up another form based on the query just performed by the combo selection. This worked for about three combo boxes, but when I added another one, it freezes up and opens up a blank page. It's supposed to open the new form based on the query. Is there a better way to do this? I've looked exhaustive...

click on page form tab to filter subform
I have page tab with following names: Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate. I would like to have subform only show the rates for each page tab. How do I go about doing this. I am new to VBA and from reading all the threads, I can't seem to find the one that fits my exact need. Please explain step-by-step since I am new. Let me know if I need to provide more details. Thank you. Hi Kris Presumably you have a field in the RecordSource of your subform that contains one of the three values (Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate) or some other text or code that corresponds to these values....

Table relationships
I've created a database with about 15 tables for a participant data in a research study. Each participant will complete the 15 assessment measures. My ultimate goal is to create a data entry system whereby a research assistant can pull up a form and enter an ID number, plus the answers to the 15 assessment measures. I know I can create a query to combine all the tables, but it seems like the research assistant would have to enter the id and date 15 times (once for each table pulled in to the query). Is there a way to just enter the ID number one time and have it apply t...

How to emailing file from Excel 2000 to 2003, cannot open??
I am using Excel 2000, and trying to email either as an attachment or as a file to a receiptiant with 2003. They cannot open it. And at some time I haven't been able to. How am I saving it into the wrong format??? Please help ASAP, am on location and needing to send a report. Thank you What are they receiving? Do they have Excel? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "bennyw0528" <bennyw0528@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78AED71F-93AC-4D41-8CC5-45FA965AEE2A@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2000, and trying to email either as an at...

CAN'T OPEN PC-ORIGINATED WORD DOCS ON iMAC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel sorry for the really basic new-guy question (i just got an iMac) but when i go to open some PC-originated .doc and all .docx files, i get an error that reads &quot;Word cannot open this document. The document might be in use or might not be a valid word document.&quot; !? anyone have any guidance? i've installed all the updates ... no luck. <br><br>thanks. > sorry for the really basic new-guy question (i just got an iMac) but when i go to open some PC-originated .doc and all .docx f...

Opening up backups
One more thing. I recently did a backup of my calendar, contacts etc. I'm trying to open up those archives and can't open them. The only think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders. Can you tell me how to open up a file I have called "archive.psd" Thanks. IS. IS <y@y.com> wrote: > I recently did a backup of my calendar, contacts etc. > I'm trying to open up those archives and can't open them. The only > think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders. Backup or archive? They're not the same thing. > Can you tell m...

Lock and Unlock a Form
I have read many of the other posts in regards to locking and unlocking forms but i am still unable to get it to do what i want. Let me explain my setup. I am working on form to help capture incidents that we have. Each form can have up to 4 subforms. 1 subform is embedded on the main form and the others are on tabs and can be opened using an option group. I have one main number as a key to group all the forms together in a 1-1 relationship. On the main form I have added a combo box with "open" and "close" to help prevent accidental erasing of already entered recor...

Macro to send grab email address and open Outlook
Hi there I am trying to write a simple macro to be able to send an email based on an emai address in a form. tblAgency Details has a field EmailAddress (data type is text) I have a Command Button on a form frmAdd Agency Details to run a macro. Macro name is SendEmail - Action is only SendObject There are only two items in the Action Arguments To: =[EmailAddress] Edit Message: Yes (I only want Outlook to load with the email address) So far it does not work. When I have a field for a Web Address and the data type is a hyperlink that works well for me....

Excel thinks a file is already open
Each time I open an Excel file, I get a message saying that a document with the same name is already open. I simply press Cancel, and everything is fine. This happens even when I have just started my computer, and I am the only user. (This also happens with Word files.) I have deleted all TMP files and all ~*.* files. I have used Scandisk and defragmentor. Please advise. Regards, Alan Hi Alan Look on this page http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

Is there a way to disconnect a session and then resume it?
I want to run some long term commands in powershell session on server, and don't want to be connected to it all the time. So how to disconnect a session but not end it, and then reconnect it to check if the jobs are finished? Or other ways to finish similar tasks? Thanks all With PowerShell v2, you *must* leave the "control console" running. You cannot reconnect to a remote session once you close the console that started that remote session. Marco "hayate" <hayatelee@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5c1501f0-4613-4693-b0e8-8d42b61c3a8a@v2...

Form with adding
Hello I want to create a form for people who use a cabin The columns titles are: name, number of nights, age group, $ per night, then total $'s The $'s per night depends on the age group. It's $10 for ages 0-12, $20 for 13-18, and $30 for 19+. I'm doing a drop down menu for the age groups. Based on their choice, I want the $'s per night to come up automatically in the next column My questions are 1) Is it best to be doing this in Excel, or should I use Word 2) Assuming Excel, how do I set up the $'s per night based on the drop down menu selection 3) I'd like ...

How to detect when user switches between open forms?
The user can have multiple non-modal, restored, forms open at once and can switch between them as they want, often by just clicking on their titlebars. These forms are all instances of F_URL. I am using Vista, Access 2007. How do I run a routine anytime the user switches form? F_URL.GotFocus doesn't fire because the Focus event only fires for the particular control that has the focus on the form, and, there are many such possible controls. F_URL.Activate doesn't fire. So, four possibilities as far as I can see: 1. There is probably some obvious event that I'm ju...

Conditional Formatting for Image box on Continuous Forms
Hello again, This problem is driving me crazy. I am a car enthusiast and love taking photos of classic cars. I have a table which describes the make and model in a series of fields. There are several fields that contain a reference to photos of those cars. Ie: the fields are called "Front" "Side" "Rear" "Angle". My form has four image boxes to display the images stored in these fields. But when I open the form all the records show the images of the first car only. I asked about this a few days ago and was advised to check out http://www.lebans.co...

Opening an excel file
I used to be able to double-click on an excel file and it would open automatically. Now, all of a sudden, when a double-click an excel file, only the application opens and I need to then browse and open the file. I find this to be a nuisance. How can I return to double-clicking to open a file? -- M.L. Do you have other excel files open at the time or does this happen when opening the first one? Mel;670895 Wrote: > I used to be able to double-click on an excel file and it would open automatically. Now, all of a sudden, when a double-click an excel file, only t...

Trouble opening zip attachments
My Outlook 07 email has suddenly started trying to open every zip attachment with Internet Explorer, which doesn't work. I assume I must have somehow inadvertently changed the default setting for what Outlook uses to open this kind of attachment, but I can't find a way of re-setting that default. Any advice? Outlook doesn't choose what to open a file with, Windows does. Set the appropriate application to open a Zip file with in Windows Explorer. Tools > Folder Options > File Types. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

Open Excel with a particular sheet to be displayed first
Hi, I have an Excel file which has 20 sheets. Is it possible for me to open this Excel file and display Sheet10 first, rather than the focus in whatever sheet when last saved. Your helps are much appreciated. Thanks & Regards S. Hi Sathanga! You need something like this in the ThisWorkbook module Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Goto Reference:=Sheets("Sheet10").Range("a1"), Scroll:=True End Sub -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) availab...

How do i print an excel file in the form of a booklet?
I have a list of phone numbers and addresse that I need to print in the form of a small booklet that I can carry in my purse. How do I print it? What program and how to set it up? Also I want ohotos on the left and data on the right side pages. I'm not sure excel is the best application for this kind of thing. I'm sure you could do it (after a few hours/days/months of frustration!), but maybe you could find a better application by searching google. Or even put the data into MSWord and use that for all the nice formatting. shireen wrote: > > I have a list of p...

Form now Sub-Form, Query Broken
I recently posted this problem in "Forms" (Lost Focus of Form 7/27) thinking that was the problem, but recently discovered the problem appears to be in the query(ies). I've dropped a from into a form that has multiple tabs/pages to consolidate things. The other - now sub-forms still function as before, but this one retrieves records from the archive and drops them in the the main employee table. The following pops up as an input box - Forms.Archive.track I found this in one of the queries where: Field: Track - its the unique identifier for the employee table Table: E...