Want to Display Most Recently Entered Record in Access 2003 Language Learning App - 21120

Hi all,

I'm new to Access. I've got a good bit of VBA under my belt, but I've
been using it in Excel, so I'm a bit lost in all this new
functionality.

Anyway, I'm trying to build an application to help me study Romanian.
I have a table, Phrases! as follows:

Phrases
     Phrase ID	AutoNumber   unique identifier
LearningSession		Number				convenient way to group phrases for study
Entered					Date/Time			the date and time the phrase was entered
Source					Memo				textbook, page number, etc... (or "Mom said it")
Romanian				Memo				the phrase in Romanian
English					Memo				the phrase in English
I want there to be a locked text box or something like that on my
Phrase Input form that shows the Romanian field from the record I most
recently entered. (This helps me find my place again if I get
distracted or need to stop in the middle of keying in a vocabulary
list.)
My first thought was to write a query on Phrases! and link the Control
Source of a text box on my form to the query. The query works fine-I
just looked up a nested SQL walk-through:
LastEnteredPhrase
SELECT Phrases.Romanian AS MostRecent
FROM Phrases
WHERE (((Phrases.Entered) In (SELECT Max(Phrases.Entered) FROM
Phrases)));
But when I try to link the Control Source to a form (for which the
Record Source is the Phrases! table) I get the #NAME? error.
I don't think the form could be confused about the object references
since I renamed the Romanian attribute to MostRecent:Romanian in
Design View.
And I know I'm not making any typos because I'm using the expression
writer to generate the references. I've tried:
=LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent
and
=DLookUp(LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent, LastEnteredPhrase!)
which is corrected to
=DLookUp(LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent, LastEnteredPhrase!MostRecent)
Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Mike

0
Mike

New user
I need to backup my data and need to select the path...I am not even sure where to look for it...Help appreciated DJE <DJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to backup my data and need to select the path...I am not even > sure where to look for it...Help appreciated http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit.
We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit... Please put your question in the body of your post. The subject isn't big enough. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Des" <Des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:445B6C35-2C3B-4BB3-BDC2-438B4281DCC5@microsoft.com... > We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit... Des <Des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

cannot access from outside the domain
How can I access the crm website from a computer that is not joined to the domain? When I enter the url to access the crm website (http://mscrm.domain.local) I get a logon box, I enter the credentials and then IE closes. I have checked for event logs but no luck. Can anyone shed some light. thanks Bret whenever IE closes upon logging in to MSCRM, it is caused by a pop-up blocker, whether in the form of the Google/Yahoo toolbar or the browsers own pop-up blocker.. To verify this, after providing the credentials, press and Hold CTRL key. This would allow the window to load proper...

Exchange 2003 adprep question....Urgent
I currently have a Windows 2000 Server which is a domain controller, and is also running Exchange Server 2003. I'm going to be adding a new Windows 2003 Server (which will also be a domain controller), and will be migrating the existing Exchange Server 2003 to the new server. My question is in the adprep process.... From the research I've done, it appears I should be able to just run the adprep commands on the existing Windows 2000 box, dcpromo the new Windows 2003 Server, install Exchange 2003 on the new server, migrate the mailboxes, and perform the procedure in KB822931 to remove...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003
I have exchange 2003 working find against an outlook 2002 client. However, I cannot get it working against the outlook 2003 client. I am running Outlook 2003 Beta 2 with the latest refresh. The error I get is it cannot find the Exchange Server. Outlook Web client works fine. The Outlook 2002 client works fine. Any possible hints to look for? Thanks Can you ping the exchange server by name? Have you tried using a Hosts file? Delete and recreate the profile? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archiv...

Directory Navigator has been removed from Viso 2003
Hi The Directory Navigator has been removed from Viso 2003. Is there another tools that has the similar functionality? Just designing the AD on the workarea is not good enough to get a good view of the AD och LDAP Directory. I just want too design, not import/export or any other functionality. /Magnus ...

EXCEL 2003 MACRO Problem
Hi all gurus please help. I have a windows schelduler to open at a certain time and when the cells have been updated the file closes. The problems i'm having it the file stays open and i have to manually close the open file on a weekly basis, the cells are not updated either? Please see my code below: Private Changed As Boolean Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'start with the workbook showing unchanged Changed = False ' create our shutdown timer Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:10"), procedure:="ThisWorkbook.Auto_Close" ...

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Access to public folders from exchange system manager
Hi When using Exchange system manager to access and manage our public folders, we get the following message, error c1030af4, http error 502. Clients can access the folders from within outlook 2000, but we have no access via OWA. Does anyone have any ideas Hey, Check the public folder settings in the IIS. It can be a security error. Razza "designled" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C6DBE83-692D-4242-9923-C48410460DCE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When using Exchange system manager to access and manage our public folders, we get the follo...

Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2
I am preparing to install both these service packs. I have Dell servers/san, and run an active/passive cluster. I have the Enterprise Ed. of Windows Server 2003. Has anyone had trouble with these service packs in relation to Exchange, clusters, Dell hardware or trouble between the two service packs working with each other. I can call Dell for support on their products, but was especially nervous about the cluster and Exchange. Would you do one server, and then intentionally delay the 2nd to test the water, or is it best to keep clustered Exchange servers in sync. Any advice apprecia...

Exchange 2003 problem after sp1 installation
After the sp1 installation users unable to access recent emails with both OWA and Outlook 2003! Somebody can help me please! Many thanks, Giampiero First, is this Exchange 2003 SP1 or Windows 2003 SP1? Can they access any of their messages? Or only recent (meaning what? the last few weeks? days?). This could be related to your antivirus software. Try stopping your antivirus software temporarily and see if that helps. I have seen E2K3 servers with Symantec Mail Security do this before. -- Jim McBee Web: http://www.somorita.com Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Stuff: htt...

Update Query and record lock violations
I have a local table constructed from two remote sqltables. I add records successfully via an append query in Access 2003. I am attempting to modify date records that have changed in the remote table to the local table (they change occasionally in the sqltable) via update query. I have the query set to pull date and time from the sqltable (there is a common key to both tables that acts as the master key in the local table) and update the date and time in the local table where the date and time are not equal in both tables. It seems to work - it returns exactly the number of records ...

How do I enable OWA 2003 change password faclility.
Guys, Is there a way one can enable the password change facility on OWA 2003 running on Exchange 2003? I need to make this work so that users connecting through OWA can change their account passwords. Thanks -- Buchi Hi Buchi, The information is outlined in the following Microsoft KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121 Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9EB7ADB-024B-43A7-87BB-0FD2587892D4@microsoft.com...

Comments Display
Hello all, I have a worksheet with several columns all of which fit into the immediate window without having to scroll left or right. In the far right column I inserted a comment but when I scroll over the comment it appears out of view, I have to scroll right to read it. Is there anyway to force a comment to appear in a certain area on the screen, or just within view of the immediate window so I don't have to scroll to read it? Thanks in advance. -S Hi, Comments always display to the right of the cell they are in. So you will need to add the comment to a cell further to the ...

form accessibility in mde
If the program is in .mde format, is there any way to get the names of the controls in a form? I'm using a 3rd party scripting language and I'm wondering if it's possible to modify the form data through COM..Or is it possible to create vba macros altough the program is in mde? > The access program connects to a sql server and I've got no rights there. > So> the only way to get information is to use the form "human" way. When the > data> is loaded to the form, I might get it from the controls through COM.Yes, but if that access can connect to sql server,...

Control for displaying Data
Hi, I want to create an active control that will be having a dialog. On this dialog I want to show a table consisting of set of records. The data to this table will be coming from the web and will be refreshing again and again. Could you suggest, which control should I use to have the things done. I did not find Datagrid control suitable at this place. What are the other options available. FYI: Iam using VC++ 6.0 THANKS IN ADVANCE, Vijay You can use a list control (listview). But the popular one with a lot of features is: http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp --------------...

OWA
I have full permissions to other users' mailboxes, and can access them in Outlook, but when I try in OWA I receive the error "You are not authorized to view this page." The way I try to access the another user's mailbox is by appending /[email alias]/inbox. (I've also tried multiple combinations of substituting email alias with user logon name and keeping/dropping "inbox.") This worked at one time, but I haven't tried it in a while. So either some updates I have applied to my server (sbs 2003 premium - running Exhange 2003) or some other configuration ch...

accidentally entered #'s as %s
i have a hugh spread sheet. the numbers were accidentally entered as percentages. how can i get rid of the percentage formatting w/o the decimal point changing position. ie. i want -0.251% to read -.251. when i undo the percentage formatting it ='s -0.002514568. sorry:( i know it's a basic question, but i can figure this out for the life of me. thanks put 100 in a cell somewhere, and copy this cell, select the region o your values, and paste special, multiply, and reformat to numbe -- duan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- duane's...

Help with counting user entered text values
Hi, Version: Excel 2000 Situation: In Column G, I will have testers entering in their initals. I would like to display the tester's initals in column H of another worksheet with the number of times that set of intals appeared in column G on column I of the other worksheet. The catch is that I do not have a list of the testers initals ahead of time, so I'll need to pull them from column H. Thanks for any and all help in advance, David Hi David, H10: DAL i10: =COUNTIF(G:G,H10) or if you don't want to see 0 if H10 is empty I10: =IF(H10="","",COU...

Print out of Outlook 2003
I have several pc's networked printing to a Xerox Phaser 6180. 1 and only 1 pc is printing a similiar invalid string of characters, (ă□Ă□□), in the upper left hand corner when printing e-mails out of Outlook. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? And most importantly, how to fix it? ...

MX records and Exchnage 2003
Hi, we have an Exchange 2003 server and have nearly finished migrating from Exchnage 5.5, we only have the internet connector left on the 5.5 server. We have now got to create the internet connector on the Exchnage 2003 server and have heard we should have MX records in our DNS which we haven't. Currently everything works fine withou these MX records, do we need to create them??? Ou current connector simply forwards all emails o our ISP's IP address... Hope you can help Thanks Andy My guess is that your ISP is currently managing your MX record on the Internet that other In...

Use of the SUBST command to reduce breakage of Access links
[Apologies for an apparent cross posting -- I accidentally posted this to .forms instead of .queries and I'm now posting correctly] One of the great failings of the past 20 years of Microsoft's dominance has been the failure to implement good file system redirection. XP today is almost as dependent on absolute paths as it DOS 2.1. [1] In the world of Access this manifests as broken links to external data sources. I use links very extensively in my data management work, a typical project may contains dozens of query files with links to dozens of data tables distributed over one or mor...

Access 2000 File Format in Access 2003
Dear all, If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? Thx. Vensia On Wed, 9 May 2007 14:20:23 +0700, "Vensia" <vensia2000_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new >feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? >Thx. there are many; however, are you deploying to users with Access 2000, or with Access 2003? The default format for your database is (normally) 200...

Office for Mac apps will not open
After one year of use my Office for Mac applications will not open. Error message cites "not enough memory" but Apple confirms memory is fine. Any ideas? No, but there is an Office for Mac forum in these communities, called office.public.mac. Perhaps someone there can help-- -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E25F410-5DA4-4E86-9D46-C491818B2FF4@microsoft.com... > After one year of use my Office for Mac applications will not open. Error >...

In excel why does 4E01 change to 4.00E+01 whenever entered?
In excel why does 4E01 change to 4.00E+01 whenever entered? 4E01 is scientific notation for 40 (4*10^1=4*10=40) If you want to keep the cell showing 4E01 (as text), you can either preformat the cell as text or start your entry with an apostrophe: '4E01 Excel information...??? wrote: > > In excel why does 4E01 change to 4.00E+01 whenever entered? -- Dave Peterson ...