VBA code to hide all the tables on form open

I don't want people to use a blank mdb to import my tables. I manually hide
them all. However, after running the macro to delete all records and import
from .txt, the table become unhide. I do the importation on daily basis.

I posted to macro newsgroup and asked way to hide table after importation
action macro but got no answer. Maybe it cannot be done in macro?

If so, I need VBA code to hide all the tables on form open. Thanks.

0
Song

Hiding your tables won't prevent people from being able to import them into
a blank mdb. All they have to do is ensure that they've set the database to
show hidden objects.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I don't want people to use a blank mdb to import my tables. I manually hide
>them all. However, after running the macro to delete all records and import
>from .txt, the table become unhide. I do the importation on daily basis.
>
> I posted to macro newsgroup and asked way to hide table after importation
> action macro but got no answer. Maybe it cannot be done in macro?
>
> If so, I need VBA code to hide all the tables on form open. Thanks.

0
Douglas
6/20/2007 3:46:53 PM
I disabled shift bypass key. It's additional layer of security if I can hide
tables in code. Thanks.

> Hiding your tables won't prevent people from being able to import them
> into a blank mdb. All they have to do is ensure that they've set the
> database to show hidden objects.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I don't want people to use a blank mdb to import my tables. I manually
>>hide them all. However, after running the macro to delete all records and
>>import from .txt, the table become unhide. I do the importation on daily
>>basis.
>>
>> I posted to macro newsgroup and asked way to hide table after importation
>> action macro but got no answer. Maybe it cannot be done in macro?
>>
>> If so, I need VBA code to hide all the tables on form open. Thanks.

0
Song
6/20/2007 6:43:33 PM
Disabling the shift bypass key has nothing to do with whether or not it's
possible to import the tables into another mdb.

I'm afraid you're fooling yourself if you think you're providing any
security against that.

--

>I disabled shift bypass key. It's additional layer of security if I can
>hide tables in code. Thanks.
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>> Hiding your tables won't prevent people from being able to import them
>> into a blank mdb. All they have to do is ensure that they've set the
>> database to show hidden objects.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I don't want people to use a blank mdb to import my tables. I manually
>>>hide them all. However, after running the macro to delete all records and
>>>import from .txt, the table become unhide. I do the importation on daily
>>>basis.
>>>
>>> I posted to macro newsgroup and asked way to hide table after
>>> importation action macro but got no answer. Maybe it cannot be done in
>>> macro?
>>>
>>> If so, I need VBA code to hide all the tables on form open. Thanks.

0
Douglas
6/20/2007 8:06:46 PM
I just tried. hide all the tables, and disable shift key. Using a blank mdb
to import from that mdb which contains tables. All I see is the blank (no
tables).

Unless people know how to enable shift key (which 99% in my workplace
don't), then they can unhide tables.

> Disabling the shift bypass key has nothing to do with whether or not it's
> possible to import the tables into another mdb.
>
> I'm afraid you're fooling yourself if you think you're providing any
> security against that.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I disabled shift bypass key. It's additional layer of security if I can
>>hide tables in code. Thanks.
>>
>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>>> Hiding your tables won't prevent people from being able to import them
>>> into a blank mdb. All they have to do is ensure that they've set the
>>> database to show hidden objects.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>>

>>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Song
6/21/2007 3:42:23 AM
While you're in the blank database, go to the View tab under Tools | Options
and check that you want to see hidden objects. Now when you go to File | Get
External Data, you'll see all of the tables in your other database.

Heck, unless you've done something to prevent them from seeing the database
window in your database, they'll be able to see the tables there too once
that setting's been made.

--

>I just tried. hide all the tables, and disable shift key. Using a blank mdb
>to import from that mdb which contains tables. All I see is the blank (no
>tables).
>
> Unless people know how to enable shift key (which 99% in my workplace
> don't), then they can unhide tables.
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>> Disabling the shift bypass key has nothing to do with whether or not it's
>> possible to import the tables into another mdb.
>>
>> I'm afraid you're fooling yourself if you think you're providing any
>> security against that.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I disabled shift bypass key. It's additional layer of security if I can
>>>hide tables in code. Thanks.
>>>
>>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message

0
Douglas
6/21/2007 10:41:29 AM
While I'm in blank database, I cannot go to View Tab under Tools | Options
as I already disabled Shift bypass key. And under startup, I already
UNchecked "display datasheet window'. As I said earlier, 99% users do not
know how to enable Shift bypass key in my workplace. If they figuered out,
I'll tell the president to fire them.

> While you're in the blank database, go to the View tab under Tools |
> Options and check that you want to see hidden objects. Now when you go to
> File | Get External Data, you'll see all of the tables in your other
> database.
>
> Heck, unless you've done something to prevent them from seeing the
> database window in your database, they'll be able to see the tables there
> too once that setting's been made.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I just tried. hide all the tables, and disable shift key. Using a blank
>>mdb to import from that mdb which contains tables. All I see is the blank
>>(no tables).
>>
>> Unless people know how to enable shift key (which 99% in my workplace
>> don't), then they can unhide tables.
>>
>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>>> Disabling the shift bypass key has nothing to do with whether or not
>>> it's possible to import the tables into another mdb.
>>>
>>> I'm afraid you're fooling yourself if you think you're providing any
>>> security against that.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>>

>>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Song
6/22/2007 12:11:18 AM
When you create a new database, the ShiftBypassKey is always enabled: you
have to explicitly set that property, so I don't understand your first
point.

In the end, it's obviously your decision, but I think you're being very
short-sighted.

--

> While I'm in blank database, I cannot go to View Tab under Tools | Options
> as I already disabled Shift bypass key. And under startup, I already
> UNchecked "display datasheet window'. As I said earlier, 99% users do not
> know how to enable Shift bypass key in my workplace. If they figuered out,
> I'll tell the president to fire them.
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>> While you're in the blank database, go to the View tab under Tools |
>> Options and check that you want to see hidden objects. Now when you go to
>> File | Get External Data, you'll see all of the tables in your other
>> database.
>>
>> Heck, unless you've done something to prevent them from seeing the
>> database window in your database, they'll be able to see the tables there
>> too once that setting's been made.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I just tried. hide all the tables, and disable shift key. Using a blank
>>>mdb to import from that mdb which contains tables. All I see is the blank
>>>(no tables).
>>>
>>> Unless people know how to enable shift key (which 99% in my workplace
>>> don't), then they can unhide tables.
>>>
>>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message

0
Douglas
6/22/2007 10:39:05 AM
So, in your opinion, what's the best way to prevent people from importing my
backend tables?

> When you create a new database, the ShiftBypassKey is always enabled: you
> have to explicitly set that property, so I don't understand your first
> point.
>

> In the end, it's obviously your decision, but I think you're being very
> short-sighted.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> While I'm in blank database, I cannot go to View Tab under Tools |
>> Options as I already disabled Shift bypass key. And under startup, I
>> already UNchecked "display datasheet window'. As I said earlier, 99%
>> users do not know how to enable Shift bypass key in my workplace. If they
>> figuered out, I'll tell the president to fire them.
>>
>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>>> While you're in the blank database, go to the View tab under Tools |
>>> Options and check that you want to see hidden objects. Now when you go
>>> to File | Get External Data, you'll see all of the tables in your other
>>> database.
>>>
>>> Heck, unless you've done something to prevent them from seeing the
>>> database window in your database, they'll be able to see the tables
>>> there too once that setting's been made.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>>

>>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Song
6/22/2007 1:40:10 PM
The only thing you can do is apply Access User-Level Security. However, even
that isn't fool-proof (there are utilities that can be purchased to
circumvent security), plus ULS isn't available in Access 2007.

--

> So, in your opinion, what's the best way to prevent people from importing
> my backend tables?
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>> When you create a new database, the ShiftBypassKey is always enabled: you
>> have to explicitly set that property, so I don't understand your first
>> point.
>>

>> In the end, it's obviously your decision, but I think you're being very
>> short-sighted.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> While I'm in blank database, I cannot go to View Tab under Tools |
>>> Options as I already disabled Shift bypass key. And under startup, I
>>> already UNchecked "display datasheet window'. As I said earlier, 99%
>>> users do not know how to enable Shift bypass key in my workplace. If
>>> they figuered out, I'll tell the president to fire them.
>>>
>>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message

0
Douglas

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

open two different Access reports

code examples for BITS
Hi, I am looking for sample codes for programming background intelligent transfer service..I was able to see sample code in .NET, but I'm specifically looking for VC++ 6.0 (command-line application).Please help me.. Thanks, NKH ...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

opening a .docx with word 2004

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

compact database in VBA access 2007

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003