Using linked tables in forms

Hello,

I have 3 tables.
Stock
Accesoires
and a table to link them as a record in stock can have multiple accesoires.

Now I want a form where I can see a record from the table Stock, with all
the Accesoires that belong to that record.
How can I do this? Is this possible?
It doesn't matter in what kind of object the data is displayed, I just need
it displayed.

The relationship looks like this, for if it wasn't clear:

Stock.ID -- linkTable.StockID
linkTable.AccesoiresID -- Accesoires.ID

I hope someone can help.

I thought it would be

Record  -> accessories

and put the stock location number in the "record" table? Or have I
misunderstood?

--

http://www.ready4mainstream.ny911truth.org/index.html

"Vicky" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have 3 tables.
> Stock
> Accesoires
> and a table to link them as a record in stock can have multiple accesoires.
>
> Now I want a form where I can see a record from the table Stock, with all
> the Accesoires that belong to that record.
> How can I do this? Is this possible?
> It doesn't matter in what kind of object the data is displayed, I just need
> it displayed.
>
> The relationship looks like this, for if it wasn't clear:
>
> Stock.ID -- linkTable.StockID
> linkTable.AccesoiresID -- Accesoires.ID
>
> I hope someone can help.
No, I need to see in a form a record from the table Stock and all Accesoires
belonging to that record.

"scubadiver" wrote:

> I thought it would be
>
> Record  -> accessories
>
> and put the stock location number in the "record" table? Or have I
> misunderstood?
>
> --
>
> http://www.ready4mainstream.ny911truth.org/index.html
>

> "Vicky" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have 3 tables.
> > Stock
> > Accesoires
> > and a table to link them as a record in stock can have multiple accesoires.
> >
> > Now I want a form where I can see a record from the table Stock, with all
> > the Accesoires that belong to that record.
> > How can I do this? Is this possible?
> > It doesn't matter in what kind of object the data is displayed, I just need
> > it displayed.
> >
> > The relationship looks like this, for if it wasn't clear:
> >
> > Stock.ID -- linkTable.StockID
> > linkTable.AccesoiresID -- Accesoires.ID
> >
> > I hope someone can help.
Use the form creation wizard, select all the appropriate fields. The "stock"
fields will go in the main form and the "accessory" fields will go in the
subform. You will get a list of all accessories for each stock record.

"Vicky" wrote:

> No, I need to see in a form a record from the table Stock and all Accesoires
> belonging to that record.
>
> "scubadiver" wrote:
>

> > I thought it would be
> >
> > Record  -> accessories
> >
> > and put the stock location number in the "record" table? Or have I
> > misunderstood?
> >
> > --
> >
> > http://www.ready4mainstream.ny911truth.org/index.html
> >

> > "Vicky" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have 3 tables.
> > > Stock
> > > Accesoires
> > > and a table to link them as a record in stock can have multiple accesoires.
> > >
> > > Now I want a form where I can see a record from the table Stock, with all
> > > the Accesoires that belong to that record.
> > > How can I do this? Is this possible?
> > > It doesn't matter in what kind of object the data is displayed, I just need
> > > it displayed.
> > >
> > > The relationship looks like this, for if it wasn't clear:
> > >
> > > Stock.ID -- linkTable.StockID
> > > linkTable.AccesoiresID -- Accesoires.ID
> > >
> > > I hope someone can help.
Thank you! I have what I want now!!
The problem was that at first the wizard didn't want to use a subform,
because of relation problems. But I got it to work!

"scubadiver" wrote:

> Use the form creation wizard, select all the appropriate fields. The "stock"
> fields will go in the main form and the "accessory" fields will go in the
> subform. You will get a list of all accessories for each stock record.
>

> "Vicky" wrote:
>
> > No, I need to see in a form a record from the table Stock and all Accesoires
> > belonging to that record.
> >
> > "scubadiver" wrote:
> >

> > > I thought it would be
> > >
> > > Record  -> accessories
> > >
> > > and put the stock location number in the "record" table? Or have I
> > > misunderstood?
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > http://www.ready4mainstream.ny911truth.org/index.html

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

Table link documentation

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

Office 2007 forms

Using scanner in Word97

Using later version of microsoft access

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Outlook 2003

cursor missing from form textboxes
I believe that I know 98% of the little intricacies of Publisher, but I'm stumped on this one. I created a website with a contact page and none of the standard textboxes will show a cursor to indicate with field you are in (I've even made the site live to double check). If you tab between textboxes, the tabbing works, as does typing, there is just no visual cursor to indicate where you are. If you click on the first textbox and type, all is good you can tab to the next box and type, and it's fine. I'd like to have the visual cursor show and can't get it. I also have ...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

VBA form
Im using a form/macro that i linked to through another thread and a tailoring it to my needs. I basically have it doing what i need but cant get a button to do what i want. When the user starts the macro i brings up the form with a message and 2 buttons (Continue/Cancel). Whe continue is pressed i want the message on the form to change to aniothe message and so on until all messages are shown. Ive attacehed what i working on and apprecaite any help offered. Thank yo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Excel.zip ...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

Scroll Wheel effecting a form
Is there any way to keep a mouse scroll wheel from having an effect on a form? This is a single form for data entry and if are part way thru the form and for what ever reasom use the scroll wheel all the fields on the form are effected (they dissapear - like going to the next new record). My suggestion to get a mouse without a scrool wheel was not met with enthusiasm. :) Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance The scroll wheel is moving you through the records. Nothing except your view of the records is disappearing. The records are still there. I wouldn't think y...