using Control to populate combobox - 112208

Dear,

I have a form where i have to populate diferent comboboxes at diferent
stages with data from a seperate database.
Im trying to write a Function that would easally repeate the task, the
main problem is specifeing what combobox to use. here is a part of my
coding

Public Sub LoadCB(cbName As Control, SelectionString As String)
cbCount = 0
Set rstLoadCB = VMSDatabase.OpenRecordset(SelectionString)
With rstLoadCB

    .MoveLast
    cbCount = .Counter
    .MoveFirst
        If TypeName(CB) = cbName Then

        End If

    Next CB

End With
Set rstLoadCB = Nothing
End Sub
0
Ingo

USE of SATA RAID instead of SCSI RAID on servers
More and more of the servers from HP seem to be using SATA Raid controllers. Any known issues with SATA vs SCSI raid controllers. I don't know about HP, but we have several customers that recently got new Dell servers with SATA RAID controllers, we haven't seen any issues with them. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Ger" <Ger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC5F9B0-C664-41EE-B592-596EECF663E5@microsoft.com... > More and more of the servers from HP seem to be using SATA Raid > controllers. > > Any known is...

Can Frontpage be used with HTML5?
I have FrontPage 2000 and want to know if I will be able to use it if our website is re-done in HTML5. If you use code view a lot, you can do anything in FrontPage 2000. The question is - are there any browsers with HTML5 support? IE6, IE7 - No IE8, FireFox 3.x - very limited (in all cases except where HTML5 is the same as previous versions). And, considering HTML5 is not yet a standard and subject to change at the drop of a hat (having only just reached draft mode see http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2010/03/05/W3C-HTML-Working-Group-Publishes-New-Drafts.aspx), is there any point i...

Excel 2007 Macro use in Windows 7 Home
Hi, I currently run many complicated Macros in Excel 2007, using Windows XP Professional as my operating system. My laptop finally gave out, and I need to purchase a new one. My question is: Will my currently Excel 2007 Macros run in Windows 7? It seems I can no longer purchase a laptop with the downgrade to XP, so I need to get Windows 7, but I'm concerned my macros will not work. Thank you Shouldn't be a problem -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Lisa Marie" <Lisa Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

OWA 2003
Current setup - front end exchange 2003 and backend exch 2003 - owa ssl access from front end works fine to backend mailbox. - we also have owa ssl access (diff cert) for direct connection to backend server from interent. Problem: when I enable "require" ssl on backend server, and I login using owa ssl via front end server I get a "The page must be viewed over a secure channel" just after login". SSL access directly to backend server works. If I disble backend server "require" ssl, front end starts working and backend is not secure any more from dire...

Using AOL as my ISP in Outlook Express
Hi, I am a complete novice when it comes to the technical side of e-mails - ISP, ports, SMTPs etc. so was wondering if anybody could help with my problem. I use AOL to get onto the Internet and have a business e-mail address which doesn't use AOL, e.g name@business.com. How do I set up the account on my Outlook Express to send/receive the e-mails to and from the business address while AOL is my ISP?? I have done it before but every so often an error, like the one below, will come up when I try and send something. Or I'll get a message from McAfee saying that the E-Mail can'...

using advanced find command
I started using the advanced find command t saved searches of our office addressbook (in a public folder) under *.oss files. The problem is when I later retrieve the file it shows my personal contacts and not the office addressbook under a public folder. How do I fix this. AFAIK, it searches the default address book. You can't set a folder for it to always use, other than by changing your default address book to the public folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slips...

Send Messages With Outlook 2000 Using Established Connection
I use Outlook 2000, Windows XP SP2, and have a dial-up connection to my ISP. Whenever I am ready to send a message, I click the Send/Receive button and then I get a pop-up window that states: A dial-up networking connection is already established to (name of my ISP). It then gives me two radio buttons to chose from: () Hang Up and dial (name of my ISP). () Try to locate the server on the current connection. How do I get Outlook to always automatically chose the option "Try to locate the server on the current connection"? Thanks. -- tb Look in the propert...

SQL Server 2005 encryption with databound controls
Hi I'm looking for ways to encrypt data in my MDF database (SQL Express) and i wonder if anybody had some examples on how to use it, especially in conjunction with databound controls using dataset's.. TIA /Finn -- Der er 10 slags mennesker - Dem som forst�r bin�r og dem som ikke g�r. There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't. Es gibt 10 Arten von Menschen. Die, die Bin�r verstehen, bzw. die, die es nicht tuhen. "Finn Stampe Mikkelsen" <stampe@city.dk> wrote in message news:e4rwa5XZKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Can't use outlook. User name wrong.
The user name box in the account part of outllook has no example. I have tried every possible combination of my name. No dice. I can use the account with a browser. G.J. wrote: > The user name box in the account part of outllook has no example. What version/mode/SP level of OL? (help | about) What kind of mail account? > I > have tried every possible combination of my name. No dice. I'm not sure what you mean - more info would help. > I can use > the account with a browser. What does that mean? ISP webmail? Outlook Web Access? ...

Copy attachments when using Send To
Office 2007: I used to be able to use File > Send > Attachment...and when the email message opens up, I would COPY the attachment before sending it so I could include it in other emails (I'd get the prompt 'Save to Clipboard', click yes, and could attach that to a new email as part of an email string). I'm not able to do that anymore (I can copy the attachment, but when I try choosing PASTE in a new email...nothing happens.) Obvisouly I know the upteen other ways of sending attachments, but does anyone know if this old 2003 ability been taken away? Do you...

File in Use, Duplicate copy
I am using Excel 97 and Windows XP. Every time I open a file, says a copy is in use!. Under Explorer I noticed there are several copies of each file. While in Explorer, I copied a file, system immediately created a duplicate copy of the same file! Any help is appreciated. Mansour ...

Error when using XMLTextReader to read HTML
I have some simple HTML I'm trying to read with the XMLTextReader. As in the MSDS examples, I set up a loop to read each XML node: while (reader.Read()) { switch (reader.NodeType) { case XmlNodeType.Element: Console.WriteLine("<{0}>", reader.Name); break; case XmlNodeType.Text: Console.WriteLine(reader.Value); break; case XmlNodeType.Attribute: Console.WriteLine(reader.Value); break; default: Console.WriteLine(reader.NodeType); break; } } The reader moves along fine until it attempts...

Using a child item in a kit?
I have a lot of parent/child items in my inventory. I have tried to use some of the child items in kits and it doesn't seem to take it out of inventory correctly when that kit is sold. I dont build or break kits, I just want the inventory to be adjusted when I sell the kit. It seems to work just fine for parent items in kits but not for child items. Any help? Thanks, Sheri Try using an Assembly instead of a Kit. The sale of a child only breaks a parent when the child is being sold on the transaction (as it would in an Assembly). If you don't build Kits, the child inventory...

Use of XML in Document Repository
Hi, I'm very new to XML and have been reading all of the things I could about it as I can. I'm currently involved in developing a central document repository that is searchable and cosiists of different document types, such as Word, PDF, text, etc. I understand that I can develop metadata XML about each of the documents to describe what the document is about. I can create a sort of "Book Information" data structure that defines every file and its author, isbn, etc...Now the only thing that I'm unsure of is what benifit, besides metadata, can I get from porting to XML. I ...

MS Chart control axes limits
Hi, On trying to set high axes values for the MS Chart control, of about 500 the Visual Studio hangs for some time. It just does not accept anything above 1000 in resource editor mode. Is there any way to set such high values, I need values till about 10000? Also, does MS Chart control support things like moving average? TIA, Sucharit ...

How do I turn off what appears to be a stuck control key?
sometimes when I am entering large amounts of number data, I hit a combination of keys accidentally that causes what appears top be a control key stuck down. If I mess with it long enough, trying various combinations of keys, it will turn off. I have not been able to tell what I did to turn it off. Please help! Kaci You mean Excel is selecting more cells as you move around? Try hitting F8 key. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:04:01 -0800, Kaci <Kaci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >sometimes when I am entering large amounts of number data, I...

Using Word 2000 as email editor in Outlook 2002
In Outlook 2000 I was able to use Word as the email editor without problem. Now I have Outlook 2002 the box "Use Microsoft Word to edit emails" is turned grey and unavailable. Is there a solution to this problem? (hopefully without having to revert back to Outlook 2000, or upgrade to Word 2002!) SEBASTIAN LAW wrote: > In Outlook 2000 I was able to use Word as the email editor without > problem. > > Now I have Outlook 2002 the box "Use Microsoft Word to edit emails" is > turned grey and unavailable. > > Is there a solution to this problem? (hopef...

Outlook (with Exchange) uses Internet Mail: bad idea?
Hi, We are using MS Exchange Server 5.0 and actually the only reason why we bought that (years and years ago) was to have a shared address book for anyone who logged on to the LAN and used OL. Perhaps not the best solution but that is what they recommended at the time. Now, what we do is send some email to eachother (sporadically) and POP into our internet email accounts. They are defined in Tools - Services on each user's PC. A while ago "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" suggested having Internet Mail and Exchange in the same profile, which we have, is not such a good idea. He sugge...

Using keywords in Rules and Alerts in Outlook
I've created several Rules to move messages that contain keywords into a specified folder. One of our Keywords is "POS" an abbreviation for Point of Service. Unfortunately the rule is moving all messages that have words with pos in them into the folder, like positive, position, post, etc... How can I stop this from happening? Try "POS " or " POS " - otherwise, you'll need to use exceptions - except if posi or post -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Font substitution when using edit story (Pub 2002)
When I go to edit my text using the "edit story in Word" function, and then return to Publishe, the text using the Headings style retains the typeface (Garamond) but the text using the Normal style reverts to Times Roman. The font size is not altered, just the face, and just the text using Normal as its style. In order to correct the issue, I have to reselect the paragraphs in question and reselect "normal" as the style (despite the fact that throughout the process, Publisher tells me that Normal is the style being used). How do I keep this from happening? Thanks, R...

Using "Get External Data"
Hi, I have been using the "get external data" utility for a few years now where I work. I go out to a data site with refresh every 5 minutes. I retain the data in adjacent cells one after another to produce a trend line. I do this for a 12 hour duration to show production output progress. It works well at local PCs running an independent file; same file, just running on different computers. A couple times a day, management gathers in a conference room to review the daily production status. The computer that is in that conference room, is off and on, and used for different (u...

Use these package
--zjkumckvlsg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ttdpedsquerzgnhx"; type="multipart/alternative" --ttdpedsquerzgnhx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pktzepulojt" --pktzepulojt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Problems auto sending email from IE using Outlook
When I right click on a picture on IE I get the option to send as an email. If I select this an email is created and put in the Outbox of Outlook but it's not sent. I have to remember to open Outlook and send/receive. Anyone have any ideas how to make this send happen automatically ? I've checked all the various options and can't see anything useful. Thanks Tony Have Outlook open when you do this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my perso...

Can't Find Recently Used Files List
I have Excel 2000 running on WinXP SP2. In Tools | Options | General tab, I have checked Recently used file list checked and set for 9 entries, but the File menu doesn't have an MRU list. Either I'm not understanding something basic, or I need to fix Excel. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. -- Bob Stringer On your pc, do you have any "housekeeping" utilities running which clear "junk" - and is it/they set to clear MRU lists? Might not be Excel that's at fault ... "Bob Stringer" <xxxx@xxxxx.net> wrote in message news:lte4m1lch2...

ComboBox problem
I have a dialog based application with 2 combo box. When I click on the first combo box I see a short short droplist (only 1 item) + vertical scrool bar, when I click on the second combo box I see a 3 item droplist + vertical scrool bar. Now how can i set the droplit to 5 items for both, or how can I set the droplist to the same item number for both ? Thanks Select the first combo box in the resource editor and use the drag handlers to increase the height of the combobox. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "alb460" <alb460@nospam...