Updating through subform not functioning properly or as desired

I have a problem with a subform not updating with table information after the
initial input.

First, let me present the setup of the main form creation.

1. I have created a main form (Employee Training) using two tab pages on the
form.

2. The first tab (Employee Information) is used to collect data for the
primary employee table.

3. The second tab (Job Competency) has an embedded subform to collect
training that an employee has received and stores it in a Job Competency
table.

Here is the problem in the order experience.

1. Starting up the form and entering the employee information on first tab
works fine.

2. Change to second tab to enter training information (the Job Competency
table has a relationship to the Personnel table) by selecting the employee ID
from a ComboBox and it works fine.

4. Select the second tab again to update training information about this new
employee and the employee ID is not present in the drop ComboBox but [all]
previous are.

The workaround that I have is by entering one employee and closing the form
and reopening to enter a new employee. This defeats the objective of being
able to update the two tables through the use of one form with tab pages.

Looking forward to all replies on this issue.

Sincerely,

Tony D. Abel

The problem is that the combo box does not automatically requery itself after
you've added the new record.

You can use some event to requery it manually:

Me![YourComboBox].Requery

But if the main form's RecordSource is the Personnel table, and the
subform's LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields are set to the shared field,
presumably EmployeeID, you wouldn't need to do this.  All of the data
competency "child records" would be owned by the employee entered on tab 1.

Hope that helps.

Sprinks

"tdabel" wrote:

> I have a problem with a subform not updating with table information after the
> initial input.
>
> First, let me present the setup of the main form creation.
>
> 1. I have created a main form (Employee Training) using two tab pages on the
> form.
>
> 2. The first tab (Employee Information) is used to collect data for the
> primary employee table.
>
> 3. The second tab (Job Competency) has an embedded subform to collect
> training that an employee has received and stores it in a Job Competency
> table.
>
> Here is the problem in the order experience.
>
> 1. Starting up the form and entering the employee information on first tab
> works fine.
>
> 2. Change to second tab to enter training information (the Job Competency
> table has a relationship to the Personnel table) by selecting the employee ID
> from a ComboBox and it works fine.

> 4. Select the second tab again to update training information about this new
> employee and the employee ID is not present in the drop ComboBox but [all]
> previous are.
>
> The workaround that I have is by entering one employee and closing the form
> and reopening to enter a new employee. This defeats the objective of being
> able to update the two tables through the use of one form with tab pages.
>
> Looking forward to all replies on this issue.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tony D. Abel

Good day Sprinks.

I would like to thank you for providing assistance to my issue.

I try your suggestion in an OnClick function for the ComboBox in question. I
receive strange results. If I type in the first few numbers of the Employee
ID to find the newly entered employee it found the ID fine. When the ComboBox
lost focus as I begin to enter the Job Competency info the employee the
Employee ID number changed randomly to a employee already entered (Looking at
the Personnel table it had given the new employee job competency attributes
of the randomly selected employee). As I went back to the ComboBox to retype
in the new employee ID again the same sequence happens as describe previous.

-Tony

"Sprinks" wrote:

> The problem is that the combo box does not automatically requery itself after
> you've added the new record.
>
> You can use some event to requery it manually:
>
> Me![YourComboBox].Requery
>
> But if the main form's RecordSource is the Personnel table, and the
> subform's LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields are set to the shared field,
> presumably EmployeeID, you wouldn't need to do this.  All of the data
> competency "child records" would be owned by the employee entered on tab 1.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Sprinks
>

> "tdabel" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with a subform not updating with table information after the
> > initial input.
> >
> > First, let me present the setup of the main form creation.
> >
> > 1. I have created a main form (Employee Training) using two tab pages on the
> > form.
> >
> > 2. The first tab (Employee Information) is used to collect data for the
> > primary employee table.
> >
> > 3. The second tab (Job Competency) has an embedded subform to collect
> > training that an employee has received and stores it in a Job Competency
> > table.
> >
> > Here is the problem in the order experience.
> >
> > 1. Starting up the form and entering the employee information on first tab
> > works fine.
> >
> > 2. Change to second tab to enter training information (the Job Competency
> > table has a relationship to the Personnel table) by selecting the employee ID
> > from a ComboBox and it works fine.

> > 4. Select the second tab again to update training information about this new
> > employee and the employee ID is not present in the drop ComboBox but [all]
> > previous are.
> >
> > The workaround that I have is by entering one employee and closing the form
> > and reopening to enter a new employee. This defeats the objective of being
> > able to update the two tables through the use of one form with tab pages.
> >
> > Looking forward to all replies on this issue.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Tony D. Abel

Tony,

Please post the following:

Main Form:
RecordSource property
The name of the primary key of the RecordSource

Subform (itself):
RecordSource property
The name of the primary key of the RecordSource
The name of the foreign key field corresponding to the primary key of the
main form's RecordSource

Subform (Control):
LinkMasterFields property
LinkChildFields property

ComboBox:
Its location (i.e., is it ON the subform?  the page header?, etc.)
RowSource property
ControlSource property

Sprinks

"tdabel" wrote:

> Good day Sprinks.
>
> I would like to thank you for providing assistance to my issue.
>
> I try your suggestion in an OnClick function for the ComboBox in question. I
> receive strange results. If I type in the first few numbers of the Employee
> ID to find the newly entered employee it found the ID fine. When the ComboBox
> lost focus as I begin to enter the Job Competency info the employee the
> Employee ID number changed randomly to a employee already entered (Looking at
> the Personnel table it had given the new employee job competency attributes
> of the randomly selected employee). As I went back to the ComboBox to retype
> in the new employee ID again the same sequence happens as describe previous.
>
> -Tony
>
> "Sprinks" wrote:
>
> > The problem is that the combo box does not automatically requery itself after
> > you've added the new record.
> >
> > You can use some event to requery it manually:
> >
> > Me![YourComboBox].Requery
> >
> > But if the main form's RecordSource is the Personnel table, and the
> > subform's LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields are set to the shared field,
> > presumably EmployeeID, you wouldn't need to do this.  All of the data
> > competency "child records" would be owned by the employee entered on tab 1.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > Sprinks
> >

> > "tdabel" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a problem with a subform not updating with table information after the
> > > initial input.
> > >
> > > First, let me present the setup of the main form creation.
> > >
> > > 1. I have created a main form (Employee Training) using two tab pages on the
> > > form.
> > >
> > > 2. The first tab (Employee Information) is used to collect data for the
> > > primary employee table.
> > >
> > > 3. The second tab (Job Competency) has an embedded subform to collect
> > > training that an employee has received and stores it in a Job Competency
> > > table.
> > >
> > > Here is the problem in the order experience.
> > >
> > > 1. Starting up the form and entering the employee information on first tab
> > > works fine.
> > >
> > > 2. Change to second tab to enter training information (the Job Competency
> > > table has a relationship to the Personnel table) by selecting the employee ID
> > > from a ComboBox and it works fine.

> > > 4. Select the second tab again to update training information about this new
> > > employee and the employee ID is not present in the drop ComboBox but [all]
> > > previous are.
> > >
> > > The workaround that I have is by entering one employee and closing the form
> > > and reopening to enter a new employee. This defeats the objective of being
> > > able to update the two tables through the use of one form with tab pages.
> > >
> > > Looking forward to all replies on this issue.
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > >
> > > Tony D. Abel

Good day Sprinks.

Here is your request:

The name of the primary key of the RecordSource:
PersonnelID

Subform (itself):
RecordSource property
The name of the primary key of the RecordSource
The name of the foreign key field corresponding to the primary key of the
main form's RecordSource
JobCompetencyID
EmployeeID

Subform (Control):
LinkMasterFields property
LinkChildFields property
? to both

ComboBox:
Its location (i.e., is it ON the subform?  the page header?, etc.)
RowSource property
ControlSource property
It is located in the Detail Section of the subform
SELECT Personnel.PersonnelID FROM Personnel;
EmployeeID

Sprink, I hope this provides you additional insight. I had a thought of
applying your first solution (![YourComboBox].Requery) to the On_Click method
of the tab page that the subform resides.

-Tony
"Sprinks" wrote:

> Tony,
>
> Please post the following:
>
> Main Form:
> RecordSource property
> The name of the primary key of the RecordSource
>
> Subform (itself):
> RecordSource property
> The name of the primary key of the RecordSource
> The name of the foreign key field corresponding to the primary key of the
> main form's RecordSource
>
> Subform (Control):
> LinkMasterFields property
> LinkChildFields property
>
> ComboBox:
> Its location (i.e., is it ON the subform?  the page header?, etc.)
> RowSource property
> ControlSource property
>
> Sprinks
>
> "tdabel" wrote:
>
> > Good day Sprinks.
> >
> > I would like to thank you for providing assistance to my issue.
> >
> > I try your suggestion in an OnClick function for the ComboBox in question. I
> > receive strange results. If I type in the first few numbers of the Employee
> > ID to find the newly entered employee it found the ID fine. When the ComboBox
> > lost focus as I begin to enter the Job Competency info the employee the
> > Employee ID number changed randomly to a employee already entered (Looking at
> > the Personnel table it had given the new employee job competency attributes
> > of the randomly selected employee). As I went back to the ComboBox to retype
> > in the new employee ID again the same sequence happens as describe previous.
> >
> > -Tony
> >
> > "Sprinks" wrote:
> >
> > > The problem is that the combo box does not automatically requery itself after
> > > you've added the new record.
> > >
> > > You can use some event to requery it manually:
> > >
> > > Me![YourComboBox].Requery
> > >
> > > But if the main form's RecordSource is the Personnel table, and the
> > > subform's LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields are set to the shared field,
> > > presumably EmployeeID, you wouldn't need to do this.  All of the data
> > > competency "child records" would be owned by the employee entered on tab 1.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps.
> > >
> > > Sprinks

Although you didn't specify the subform's RecordSource, I assume it is
something like JobCompetencies.

By answering "?" to the LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields properties, do
you mean they are currently blank, or that you couldn't find them?  If the
latter, let me explain--when you embed a form onto another form as a subform,
a subform "control" is created in the main form.  This control has its own
properties--the name of the form that has been embedded, the two linking
properties, and others.  If you click the subform from the main form with the
Properties window displayed, you should be able to see these properties.  If
you double-click on the subform control, you will actually be editing the
underlying form itself, and see ITS properties.

Based on what you've told me, there is a one-to-many link between Personnel
and JobCompetencies.  Ownership of child records in the detail table should
be established by setting the LinkMasterFields property to PersonnelID and
the LinkChildFields to EmployeeID.  This configuration will automatically
enter the PersonnelID of the parent record into any records created on the
subform--whenever you show a parent record, you will see all of the
associated child records.  Since the ID is automatically entered, you don't
need nor want a combo box to choose it, so you can delete it from your
subform.

Hope that helps.
Sprinks

"tdabel" wrote:

> Good day Sprinks.
>
> Here is your request:
>
> The name of the primary key of the RecordSource:
> PersonnelID
>
> Subform (itself):
> RecordSource property
> The name of the primary key of the RecordSource
> The name of the foreign key field corresponding to the primary key of the
> main form's RecordSource
> JobCompetencyID
> EmployeeID
>
> Subform (Control):
> LinkMasterFields property
> LinkChildFields property
> ? to both
>
> ComboBox:
> Its location (i.e., is it ON the subform?  the page header?, etc.)
> RowSource property
> ControlSource property
> It is located in the Detail Section of the subform
> SELECT Personnel.PersonnelID FROM Personnel;
> EmployeeID
>
> Sprink, I hope this provides you additional insight. I had a thought of
> applying your first solution (![YourComboBox].Requery) to the On_Click method
> of the tab page that the subform resides.
>
> -Tony
> "Sprinks" wrote:
>
> > Tony,
> >
> > Please post the following:
> >
> > Main Form:
> > RecordSource property
> > The name of the primary key of the RecordSource
> >
> > Subform (itself):
> > RecordSource property
> > The name of the primary key of the RecordSource
> > The name of the foreign key field corresponding to the primary key of the
> > main form's RecordSource
> >
> > Subform (Control):
> > LinkMasterFields property
> > LinkChildFields property
> >
> > ComboBox:
> > Its location (i.e., is it ON the subform?  the page header?, etc.)
> > RowSource property
> > ControlSource property
> >
> > Sprinks
> >
> > "tdabel" wrote:
> >
> > > Good day Sprinks.
> > >
> > > I would like to thank you for providing assistance to my issue.
> > >
> > > I try your suggestion in an OnClick function for the ComboBox in question. I
> > > receive strange results. If I type in the first few numbers of the Employee
> > > ID to find the newly entered employee it found the ID fine. When the ComboBox
> > > lost focus as I begin to enter the Job Competency info the employee the
> > > Employee ID number changed randomly to a employee already entered (Looking at
> > > the Personnel table it had given the new employee job competency attributes
> > > of the randomly selected employee). As I went back to the ComboBox to retype
> > > in the new employee ID again the same sequence happens as describe previous.
> > >
> > > -Tony

Sprinks,

The problem was in the LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields properties not
having a value assigned.

I did as you suggested and now the control functions as expected. I had to
leave the ComboBox in for the ability to assign one Employee (ID) to multiple
competencies in [many] departments.

I deeply appreciate your time and effort with assisting me on this problem.
Great job Sprinks

Have a great day.

-Tony

"Sprinks" wrote:

> [...]
> > applying your first solution (![YourComboBox].Requery) to the On_Click method
> > of the tab page that the subform resides.
> >
> > -Tony
> > "Sprinks" wrote:
> >
> > > Tony,
> > >
> > > Please post the following:
> > >
> > > Main Form:
> > > RecordSource property
> > > The name of the primary key of the RecordSource
> > >
> > > Subform (itself):
> > > RecordSource property
> > > The name of the primary key of the RecordSource
> > > The name of the foreign key field corresponding to the primary key of the
> > > main form's RecordSource
> > >
> > > Subform (Control):
> > > LinkMasterFields property
> > > LinkChildFields property
> > >
> > > ComboBox:
> > > Its location (i.e., is it ON the subform?  the page header?, etc.)

cell watch function in excel 2001 for mac?
is there a cell watch window in excel 2001 for mac? if not is there way to download an add-in for it -- mike1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mike10's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1441 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26193 In article <mike10.1cxcny@excelforum-nospam.com>, mike10 <mike10.1cxcny@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > is there a cell watch window in excel 2001 for mac? if not is there a > way to download an add-in for it? MacXL's VBE do...

Picklist Updating
Newbie question for y'all. I have updated the picklist information (added a few values, deleted others) on the Contact Form and saved it. But, when I go to use the Contact information the picklist data still has the original picklist. I go back to the Form editor and it shows the correct information that I modified. What steps am I missing? Hi Michael, you need to publish you customizations from the Deployment Manager. When you make changes to the forms, the changes are stored in XML in the database. When you publish from deployment manager, the xml form data is then updated on t...

Average Function
Hi group, I have a formula in a cell that takes the average Sales of the 12 rows (for Jan to Dec) like so: =Average(A1:A12)The problem is that for example, since therea are no sales figures from August to Dec, the average is underestimated because it averages it over the entire range of cells (though they are zero from Augus to Dec). How can I make this Average function to be smarter and only average those months that the sales is not zero (August to Dec is Not BLANK but its zero) Hi Average is a very simple thing: SUM/COUNT. So =SUM(A1:A12)/12 should do for all years with 12 mont...

Excel Writeback functionality with SSAS
Hi, I am working on Excel 2010 writeback functionality with SSAS. Writeback functionality works when the cube is of small size. Writeback functionality fails when the cube is of have size say 50lakh records. I get an error as Data cannot be retrieved from external data source. Error Message written by the external data source Server: The operation has been cancelled. ...

Exact Function
I'm trying to compare two columns of check numbers using the exact function to get a true or false. One column of check numbers have zeros in front of check number and second column does not have zeros, but the function is resulting in a false due to it comparing the two as text and not number. I've tried formatting the column to number but the zeros don't come off, any ideas??? EXACT is a text function so it does what it is supposed to do. if your check numbers are true excel numbers then you can compare them as A1=B1 Another possible way =EXACT(TEXT(A1,"...

Money 2005
Option to start statement download when the program starts does not work. I have to manually click the circle with the arrows button. What is wrong with the setup? I think this may be a WinXP issue... I was using Money 2005 with Win98SE and automatic updates worked (or at least happened) but recently upgraded to WinXP SP2 and now I too have to manually click the "Update Now" option... I have also noticed that some settings do not get saved between Money sessions... for example, the Update Status Dialog that has the "Hide this window during update" checkbox... well...

Money 2005 Update #5
How do I stop the "Update now" screen from popping up everytime I start MSM2005. I do not use the online banking function it wants me to upgrade to and have no interest in it. I am running Windows XP. Thanks Bill ...

Prevent updating of Current Costs
Is there a way to "turn off" the automatic updating of current cost (Techknowledge 872165)? We are on v7.5, upgrading to v8.0 next week.) For example: It is frustrating when there are cost increases, we enter the new current cost in Item Mntnc, then an old bill posts and this changes current cost back. ...

how do i set an auto date function in excel or word?
I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the document or report is prepared. =NOW() "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the > document or report is prepared. for excell Go to View> Header & footer >custom header footer then click on the clock pic & the date pic (choose 1st if you want it in the left middle or right feild) For word basically the same Cheers peterm "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatica...

Insert function
The Insert Ribbon will not open,just the Header/Footer portion will. I can not select Lines I have put in my document, to adjust them. Why?? You say Insert "Ribbon". Are you using Excel 2007? Maybe the sheet is protected. -- -Brigette "Kevin" wrote: > The Insert Ribbon will not open,just the Header/Footer portion will. I can > not select Lines I have put in my document, to adjust them. > Why?? ...

Combine an And OR function
I have a little function that i need help with. =IF(AND($B9="Z",AE9=35,J9=1),1000). This function works fine, however I need to add in somehow that J9 could equal M or 1 or C and I would like the function still to be true and return the value as 1000. As I see it, this is smoehow combining and AND OR statement but I cant get it to work. Thanks Try this: =3DIF(AND($B9=3D"Z",AE9=3D35,OR(J9=3D1,J9=3D"M",J9=3D"C")),1000,"not define= d") This will retern "not defined" if the conditions are not met. Hope this helps. ...

Should I update to Excel ?
Hello This is my first message on this forum. I am not really a computer person but I do use a computer especially Works version 7 spreadsheet to do my accounts. I do not have Excel but I am consideing buying the Excel update. If I do this what happens to my existing works spreadsheet files ? Do they become unusable, or do they become automatically converted to Excel ? Or can I continue to use them as works files ? Thanks very much for any one who takes the trouble to reply Steve -- Thank you from someone who is not a computer person If you look at your saveas options you should see that y...

Updating a chart, within a workspace
I keep a daily log of a particular price, plus its moving average. I use an Excel spreadsheet for this. Under a separate tab, I have set up a Chart, that visually tracks both the daily log of price, and the moving average. I need a simple method for updating the chart. So far, the only method I can find that works is to "Clear" [delete] each plot on the chart, and then use "Copy, Paste" to achieve an updated Chart plot of the two parameters. This is laborious, since I have to re-do my color and line preferences each time. There must surely be a more elegant m...

smart tags and stock updates
I use smart tags in excel to track my stocks. Before using smart tages, I used to bring in data using yahoo. But smart tags pulls their quotes from MSN Money, which is fine by me. The problem is I have many many spreadsheets, and MSN Money lets me refresh the quotes every five minutes. Great if it is all on one worksheet. Not great if you use many many worksheets. I tried tying the multiple worksheets together into one master worksheet, with all the info carried over form the first sheet to the larger one, but found they would not update the latest prices, unless the "smart ta...

Update query result to table
I can't find a good example on the web showing how to update table with the result from query. Table1 name "Agent1" column have: phone#(primary key), birthdate, and agent (total record 100). table2 name "Agent 2" have the same field (total record 150) except the data on agent is different. I run a query for this two tables and want to update the table1 with the table2 data where the phone#(primary Key). I want the result form the query will replace the agent in Agent1 table. How can i do that? UPDATE Table1 INNER JOIN Table2 ON Table1.[Phone#] = Table2.[Phone#]...

Addition function of multiple cells
Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine which cells will add to a specific number? For example: A1 = 1 A2 = 2 A3 = 5 A4 = 7 I want to know which cells added to gether will give me 6...answer = A1 + A3 On Tue, 25 May 2010 11:11:01 -0700, DB74 <DB74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in >different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine >which ce...

How do I get a jscript function to load in CRM?
I am a newbie. I just passed by CRM Customization exam, but have yet to do any real work. My first assignment was to write a format function that could be called from several fields. I assumed that I could just load the function into the OnLoad event, but I now see that the OnLoad event is itself a function. The window allows you only to enter the code that would fall between function OnLoad () { }, but not to add a different function. So how do I get this code loaded? I have seen code snippets that showed a line or two of code assigned to a javascript attribute, and I could, pre...

function defaults change in Pivot Table..why?
I was recently working in my pivot table and had something happened that doesn't make a lot of sense to me so I'm asking for some assistance. Usually, when I drag a field on to my Pivot Table in the DATA section it defaults to the sum function with a number field. It also defaults to a count function when I drag a field that has text in it. Recently, I got a pivot table that default a number field to the count function. Can anyone explain why the default has changed on this particular Pivot Table? Any asistance would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks! Tim If there's a blank ...

How to update a certain record with a checkbox
I'm pretty much new to all this, so if this question appears to have been written by a complete rookie at writing VB code, well...that's because it is. I am trying to figure how to update a field of a certain record in a table by checking a box in a form. I don't know how to break this down in Access or VB programming terms, so I'll just lay it out. I track the status of 21 aircraft. The AIRCRAFT table has 21 records. One of the fields in the AIRCRAFT table is "Last Fly Date". I have another form called DAILY RECAP INPUT, along with it's associated table of...

How do I get rid of the Excel update?
I tried to get the Office Update (I think Office SP2) and had to quit the installation because we have lost the discs. Now, about a week later, we cannot access Microsoft Excel. Word works, as does Publisher. When clicking to launch Excel, it starts to "install" and asks for the disc (which we don't have). How do I downgrade to the previous version, removing the update, without using the disc? I suggest you contact Microsoft re replacement discs. Try support.microsoft.com for a phone number. On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:09:06 -0800, Sam Stockley <SamStockley@discussions.micro...

Sorting in a custom view not functioning as expected
I just can't shake the feeling this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to get it or find an appropriate Google response. I have saved a custom view for my tasks. In it, I have a custom sort set up for my tasks. (A custom field text field "Grouping" ascending, then "Status" descending, then "Due Date" ascending, if you want to know.) My problem is, it's often convenient to look at things by category, so I (and my little users) click on the "Category" heading to get a quick view of things sorted that way. Then, I want to...

Server 2008 Update Error
I am running Server 2008 and have an issue with a particular windows update that will not install. It has downloaded the update (KB955706 MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition) but as soon as i try to install it i get the error code 80244019. There are lots of blogs relating to this error but most are for single user Vista PC's and relate to a trojan. Has anyone had this problem on a server platform and successfully eradicated it? Thanks in advance. ...

Automatic updates of a ranked table
I want to take data from one spreadsheet to make a ranked table (soccer league). Is it possible to design it so that the league will automatically update (and re-rank the teams and the data) when I enter new data in the spreadsheet? -- Spobber ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Spobber's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19966 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=345736 ...

97 to 2000 Conversion
I recently converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000, and the behavior of the 'Find' button has changed. From Form view in 97, I could perform a general search for data anywhere in the table (~2,500 records, 119 columns) and it would find it. Since converting to Access 2000, the general search will only return a result if the record is within the first 1,000 or so, and anything above that comes back as not found. If I restrict the search to a single field where I know the data exists and search for the same string, it is found. Is there a limit of the number of rows...

addnew functionality fails
This problem is about recordset functionality. Actually, When using RFX_Int, value 32484 is being treated as null and can't be entered. So converting RFX_Int into RFX_Long and type casting the variable to long can solve this problem. Look at the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170257/en-us But again, value 1246576928 is being treated as null in case of RFX_Long. And when tried to type cast the variable to double, it shows the fractional truncation error and numeric out of range error. So wouid anyone please let me know: 1)How to resolve the issue? 2) How value can be entered in data...