Updateing data when closing forms

I am using MS Access 2000
I have a table that has several required fields.
I developed a form to add records to the table.
In addition to the table fields, the form has a form-close button
constructed with the button wizard.
When I enter a record that does not have the required information and close
the form with the “Close Window” (X) button on the tool bar, the appropriate
error message appears telling me that there is missing data. (Just what I
want)
When I use the close button on the form, the form closes with no message and
without adding the record.
How do I give the button on the form the properties it needs to act the same
as the X button on the tool bar?

--
Plus 65

I'm guessing your close button uses DoCmd>close. It has long been recommended
that the code

If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False

be inserted before using

DoCmd.Close

to close a form because of a quirk in Access. When DoCmd.Close is used,
Access closes the form regardless of whether a validation rule or required
field rule has been violated! If one of these rules has been violated, Access
will simply dump the record, close the form, and not tell the user that the
record has been dumped!

Using

If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False

forces Access to attempt to save the record, and if a violation has occurred,
will throw up a warning message allowing correction to be made before closing
the form.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

Linq

update column

Meeting updates #2

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

Macro

macros entering data

Need macro help to close excel

Picture control on a form
What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when the client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? -- Just Al Take a look at this and see if this is what you want: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/bmpdlg01.asp Tom "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BEA0FA2-3F95-4090-B908-A75DBF1D19DE@microsoft.com... > What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when > the > client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? > -- > Just Al Thank You! -- Just Al &...

Copy and close code
Hi, I have a worksheet which uses an indirect formula to search through a series of files/sheets based on an address to return a value from cell AE20. Once the data has been copied for all the previous days I would like a copy/paste values to occur to replace any of the values returned by the formula. In AU10:AU381 there is a 1 or 0 for each row. 1 meaning that a copy/pastevalues can be performed (decided by if the date is < today), and zero if i need to keep the formulas. Is it possible to have a copy/paste values code for only sheets 2-4 which works when the file is...

find data and autopaste when found

Disappearing data in sync'd forms