Update Form with Command Button

I have a report which is created using criteria entered into a form. There is
already a button on the form which opens the report. If someone does not tab
out of a particular box then sometimes the the control isn't updated and the
report doesn't get the proper criteria. I can use the button to update all of
the individual controls before creating the form, but can I use the button to
update the entire form instead?

RMires,
    Just do a...
        Refresh
        DoCmd.OpenReport... etc...
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"RMires" <RMires@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a report which is created using criteria entered into a form. There
>is
> already a button on the form which opens the report. If someone does not
> tab
> out of a particular box then sometimes the the control isn't updated and
> the
> report doesn't get the proper criteria. I can use the button to update all
> of
> the individual controls before creating the form, but can I use the button
> update the entire form instead?

0
Al
1/9/2010 3:18:29 PM
On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 06:41:01 -0800, RMires <RMires@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a report which is created using criteria entered into a form. There is
>already a button on the form which opens the report. If someone does not tab
>out of a particular box then sometimes the the control isn't updated and the
>report doesn't get the proper criteria. I can use the button to update all of
>the individual controls before creating the form, but can I use the button to
>update the entire form instead?

The problem isn't that the textbox still has the focus - clicking the button
changes the focus, just as tabbing out would. The problem is probably that the
record is still on the form but not yet written to the table (to become
available for the report). If it's a bound form you can force a write to disk
using

If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty=False

in your button code.

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Locate a cell, based on a criteria, then use the 'Cell' command...
I am using a pivot table to configure some data. In the first column, the pivot table of course displays only one instance of the text representing of data group. What I need to do is determine in which cell a particular item of text (i.e. the criteria) resides in. Once I can locate the cell where my 'criteria' text string resides, I can then use the CELL function to return the row number. My question is... what excel formula can I use to locate a cell in a single column range, where the cell contains the text = "XYZ" My eventual plan is to then use the following ...

Making the custom form available
Hello: I have an exisiting contacts in the contacts folder. I redesigned the contact form and published it and now have all my new conacts using the new form. However how do I get the older pre exisitng contact items to update to the new form. Thanks Brian You would need to update the message class. See the link below for more info. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;201087&sd=RMVP "Brian" <waly2990@optonline.net> wrote in message news:OkFVg.204$Jl6.125@newsfe08.lga... > Hello: > I have an exisiting contacts in the contacts folder. I...

Javascript alerr in crm forms
If you open a crm form for an account/contact or any other entity, make some changes and try to close the window without saving information, you see this javascript pop up which warns you of the unsaved information. In our deployment, we see this window even if we do not change anything!! Any idea how to take care of this issue? Thanks Typically this is caused when records were saved without some "default" information that the forms wants in there. This could have been from integration or data saved prior to the form being updated. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------------...

Load bitmap on a button
Hi pals, Here is my code snipets... I have created a Dialogbased application in MFC and written my code into OnInitDialog() function HWND hUpCtl,hDlg; hUpCtl = GetDlgItem(hDlg,IDI_UP); HICON hU = ::LoadImage(AfxGetResourceHandle (),,MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDI_UP),IMAGE_ICON,0,0,LR_DEFAULTCOLOR); ::SendMessage(hUpCtl,BM_SETIMAGE,IMAGE_ICON,(LPARAM) (DWORD)hU); I am trying to add a bitmap into button..But i am getting this errors error C2664: 'void __thiscall CWnd::GetDlgItem(int,struct HWND__ ** ) const' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'struct HWND__ *' to &...

How to disabel "Excel" button in CRM
Hi, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button in lots of form in CRM, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you ...

How do you create a list with name address phone in a column form.
I have an excel file with last name, first address city state in each column. I want to prepare a two column report with each persons name first then address then phone. Can't remember how to print out a different view of excel. Making it look more like a two column word document. Maybe you can use MSWord's MailMerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. denise108 wrote: > > I have an excel file with last name, first address city state ...

Break Links command

Some poor slob installed Ubuntu. Needs to run line commands to get that piece of crap to work
I installed ubuntu 9.10 and it was rebooting just before the login screen. After really long search it turned out it's the video driver, I guess the one coming with ubuntu didn't like my card. I have integrated Radeon HD3200. What worked for me: 1. Select recovery mode from grub menu (in your case for 9.10 too) 2. In the first following screen select "root with networking" to have internet 3. Install video driver package EnvyNG with: sudo apt-get install envyng-core envyng-qt <==================== line commands to get sucky Ubuntu to work. Oops. 4. Run i...

Making a form Maximize when opened?
How do I do this? "m galvin" <mgalvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BE1B7CF-E57A-42D5-B103-8A48E657C0E5@microsoft.com... > How do I do this? In the form's Open event, execute the statement: DoCmd.Maximize Note that maximizing a form also maximizes any other (non-popup) forms and reports, so you may want to restore things when the form closes. In that case, you could use the form's Close event to execute the statement DoCmd.Restore You can also do the same thing using the corresponding macro actions, Maximize an...

Double click to open form and create new record
Hi team, Have scoured all of the posts and tried several different things for days but just can't seem to nut this one out. I have a form (FrmSeedBankStockAvailable) in datasheet view that lists seed lots by BatchID. I want to be able to double click on the record selector for a particular batch and have a form (DialogSeedBankWithdrawal) open so that I can make a new withdrawal entry, with the BatchID already entered from the selected record. I know that to do this I need to use the forms' DblClick property. I have been using the following code (and tried variations of from...

WORD FORMS
I need to change the colour of a CELL in a word form depending on the seletion of a Dropdown form called "Select Level" which provides 4 differing levels to choose from. Level 1 = Platinum Level 2 = Gold Level 3 = Silver Level 4 = Bronze And i Wish to change the colour of cells further down the form to those colours specified against each level. I believe that I may need touse a macro to do this, but have never actually used one before and do not even know how to start (Complete Novice in Macro) so would need instructions of how to input the macro if anyone is kind e...

OL2003 some buttons don't work
Hello I have set up a new client in our SBS2003 Network the same way many before. However, on this client OL2003 seems to refuse to work as usual. After starting of OL, the Tool- and the Menubar are always missing. After minimizing and reopening the OL window, they appear. Also, some of the buttons refuse to work. When writing a new mail, the send button is there but nothing happens when I click on it. The same behavior can be seen with some other buttons. Even some of the menu functions refuse to work. They can be selected in the menu as usual, but nothing happens. I tried to repair t...

No Offline Folders button
I can't set up my Outlook to use Offline Folders. I've gone to Tools|Email Accounts|Change|More Settings|Advanced tab...there is not a button there for "Offline Folder Settings..." I have seen this button on a friend's Outlook. I am using Office XP (Outlook 2002) with the new Exchange server 2003. Outlook is running on an application server that is Windows 2003 Server. Any ideas? Is this mail profile set up to access an Exchange mailbox? VCR wrote: > I can't set up my Outlook to use Offline Folders. I've > gone to Tools|Email Accounts|Change|More &g...

Pop up Form to set parameter of query to generate a report
I have a pop up form that opens when I run a report via a macro. The query searchs for an item (drug) that has 2 different mnemonics. (fields are mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 from table PDM) I cannot append the table fields into a new column because the table is on a server that does not allow changes. The problem is that I cannot figure out a way to attach [Forms]![frm_mnemonic]![lstbox] ---the combobox I am using on the form ----to mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 so it it will search both since they are both text values. I can attach it to one or the other field and it works fine, but when I attach it ...

Changing Names of Multiple Cell Link Ranges
I have a series of drop down boxes created with the Forms menu. The cell link range for each dropdown is different, as follows: Cell Link Box1 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp1 Cell Link Box2 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp2 Cell Link Box3 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp3 Cell Link Box...n = DemandBase_A_UndistExp...n I want to change them all at once to: DemandBase_A_OtherCost1 DemandBase_A_OtherCost2 DemandBase_A_OtherCost... I know I can change the entire name using the following code: Sub Change_Drop_Link() For Each bx In ActiveSheet.DropDowns If bx.LinkedCell = "DemandBase_A_UndistExp1" Then ...

How to automatically populate an Excel database w/data from many forms?
I have a data collection spreadsheet laid out like a form for multipl users; each user will do a save as to create hundreds of records o copies of this form. We are using the data collected to build an Exce database. Currently we are manually keying the data from the form into a single spreadsheet (the database). Is there a way to automat the transfer of the data from the forms into the database? Also, eac record will have a unique ID number. We are working in MS Excel 2002. Thank you -- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think I'd tell the user to run a macro that...

Converting to PDF and "mailto:" command
I am using publisher 2007. When i am inserting an email address (as a hyperlink) the mailto: preface automatically appears. I cannot add an address without this default appearing which is usually great but When I convert the publisher document to a pdf file, using adobe, it is automatically inserting another "mailto" making the email address invalid. ANy suggestions? I'm having the EXACT same problem. I publish a newsletter using Publisher 2007. When people click on links in the PDF version (created with the Microsoft add-in), the e-mail address shows up with a "mail...

Can't get a value from a querry into a forms text box
I have a main Shippin Control table, and a main Shipping Control form with description of cargo and quantity text boxes. I have a querry which is a join of tblValues and tblShipping_Control. The SQL is below SELECT Shipping_Control.DescriptionofCargo, Shipping_Control.CargoQty, tblValues.Value, ([Shipping_Control].[CargoQty]*[tblValues].[Value]) AS CommercialValue, Shipping_Control.ShippingDate, Shipping_Control.ShipTo, Shipping_Control.ShipFrom, Shipping_Control.CollectionNoteNo, Shipping_Control.PackingListNo, Shipping_Control.ShipmentID, Shipping_Control.Customer FROM Ship...

Date for latest Update
Hi I want a cell show today() Date when somebody has change something in the document...Also the date will only change when I saving the document.... How I do that ?? //Sokoban ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="LastSaved", _ RefersToR1C1:="=""" & _ Format(Now, "mmm-dd-yyyy hh:mm") & "&qu...

Charts/graphs on Access forms and reports
I have been given a project where I have to create a chart on a form and duplicate it on a report. There are three dates that are sequential that need to be charted for each item. So each "row" on the chart will show a triangle for the start date of each step in the process. However, each date has an estimated and actual date. I need to draw a line between the actual and estimated for each date, with a space before the next estimated and actual. e.g. (where # would be the triangle) Task F F M A M J J A S O N D TASK ONE #------...

mail merge form data to word field
I'd like to be able to fill-in data into an Access Form and then export the fields to a Microsoft Word Template with merge fields setup. Can anyone set me in the right direction? Take a look at http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html specifically the spuer easy word merge -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "neenmarie" wrote: > I'd like to be able to fill-in data into an Access Form and then export the > fields to a Microsoft Word Template with merge fields setup. Can anyone set > me in the right direction? ...

Button in oppertunities
I would like to have a button in oppertunities that opens a project folder, anyone who have an idea how to do this ? Jack ...

Cannot Get Updates
Thanks to anyone for any real help. I have a COMPAQ and as you are probably aware, Defender comes to be unable to get updates although I am prompted to do so. Last month, I had this problem and HP CHAT got me 'fixed' albeit over some 2 - 3 hours of back and forth. Yesterday, I had to attempt the same thing but this time the Rep was not as 'persistent.' Consequently, I am STILL unable to get Updates. More importantly, is there a FINAL soultion to this continuing problem? Using Reps is one thing but still at the end, I'd like to be able to handle...

Update Text Box
Access 2003 I have two combo boxes that have lookup queries from a table with two columns. I want the second combo box to automatically update to whatever the text is in the second column that matches the results of column 1: Table: Column 1 Column 2 A 1 B 2 C 3 So if I pick B from the dropdown of the first combobox, I was 2 to automatically show up in the second combobox. How do I do this? Thanks, DebraAnn Search 'Cascading Combos'. -- Build a little, test a little. "Debra...

How do I create a clear filters button in a form?
Just looking for a way to have a quick way to clear any filters created on a form. If its a visual basic command please be specific on how I do it please. :-) thanks in advance for any help! Regards, Richard Anderson Xtremist9 wrote: >Just looking for a way to have a quick way to clear any filters created on a >form. If its a visual basic command please be specific on how I do it >please. You can turn off the current filter by using: Me.FilterOn = False You can clear it with: Me.Filter = "" If that's not what you want, please explain ...