update a table from a form

HELP!!!!!  OK, I have an parts inventory database that when the maintenance
people need a part, they look up the part and they need to enter a qty that
they took.  There are also fields that show how many were ordered, received.
I have the form set up so that the QtyAvail = [qtyreceived]-[qtyused] and
that works fine.....once.  I know we shouldn't store calc data in a table,
but how can I keep a running total of my inventory and also be able to run a
report showing all my parts, their qty's, etc...  I'm desperate!  Are there
any good inventory templates out there?

Thanks,
Bill R.

--
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life"

bhrosey

You can look at this Inventory Database on this Address. It's for microsoft
templates. Go to Databases and then Access 2003 and they have an Inventory
database there.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101426031033.aspx

Other than that without figuring this out and just shooting from the hip,
you may need to create a field that when a number is inputted(let's say qty
taken) is added to the qty used field and then subtracted from qty remaining.
This way, qty taken will continue to add to qty used and therefore continue
to take away from qty remaining. Just a thought, you will have to do some
work to find out if it will work for you.

"bhrosey via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> HELP!!!!!  OK, I have an parts inventory database that when the maintenance
> people need a part, they look up the part and they need to enter a qty that
> they took.  There are also fields that show how many were ordered, received.
> I have the form set up so that the QtyAvail = [qtyreceived]-[qtyused] and
> that works fine.....once.  I know we shouldn't store calc data in a table,
> but how can I keep a running total of my inventory and also be able to run a
> report showing all my parts, their qty's, etc...  I'm desperate!  Are there
> any good inventory templates out there?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill R.
>
> --
> John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so
> that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life"

What happened to Pivot Table "Show Pages"?
What happened to the functionality in Pivot Tables to write a new worksheet for each value in a Page Field? I'm sure that it was available in earlier versions of Excel, indeed there are references to "show pages" in other threads in this group, but I can't find it in Excel 2003. Did it go away? -- Jim On the Pivot Table toolbar, choose PivotTable > Show Pages Jim Molter wrote: > What happened to the functionality in Pivot Tables to write a new worksheet > for each value in a Page Field? > I'm sure that it was available in earlier versions of Excel, in...

Resource Update does not update location field
We have one person create a meeting request for a resource and some other users. Then if someone else goes and modifies the meeting request resource for the location, the location field does not update. But if the original creator does the same process, it works fine and does update the location field. ...

Why are my RSS Feeds not updating
I have three Microsoft feeds, one is Microsoft At Home , one is Microsoft At Work and the last is MSNBC News. They are in my subscribed feeds list but do not update as they do on my desktop. Are they still listed as subscribed when you go to; Tools-> Account Settings...-> RSS Feeds If so, removing them and then adding them back might help to revive them. You can also export the RSS Feeds to an OPML file, remove the subscriptions and then import the OPML file again. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/406 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, C...

Meeting invitation is not updated in the Outlook 2010 calendar
Hi Experts, One of the user is using outlook 2010 for send/receive mails. Exchange server is 2003 with Windows 2003 The user is sending meeting request but his calendar is not updating with meeting request . I searched for the issue but not able to found which will help me solve this issue. The user is using single pc for accessing mails and he has no proble while receiving meeting request He is only facing problem when send meeting request. in the net they mentioning about the receiving meeting request but no one is mentioning about sending meeting request and not up...

"Unnormalize" table
Hello I have a table which looks like this: DRG Patient Costs ================== A a 10 A b 20 A c 15 B a 30 and so on. Now I have to convert it to something like this: DRG Costs1 Costs2 Costs3 ============================ A 10 20 15 B 30 Very ugly but I need it this way for Excel. How can I do that? <julius.fuchs wrote: > Hello > > I have a table which looks like this: > > DRG Patient Costs > ================== > A ...

Amortization Table
Is there an amortization table in Excel with Office 2000 Professional. If so, how do I access it? If not where can I get one free. I need to figure payments for a 3 year loan at 10% interest. Microsoft has a loan amortization schedule here... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101443641033.aspx also, The free Excel add-in "Calculate Payments" could be helpful. Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware No registration required. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Linda W" <LindaW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message Is th...

how to update house value
How do I update the house value in money (04) without using an expense account in the transaction (for the difference)...or do you have to use one? And if you do, which one should it be?...but won't that throw out my income/expense reports? Thanks, LF On Jul 16, 2:25=A0am, LF <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I update the house value in money (04) without using an expense > account in the transaction (for the difference)...or do you have to use o= ne? > And if you do, which one should it be?...but won't that throw out my > income/expense reports? &...

SRS Report automatic update data?
the report make in Visual Studio.NET for CRM, automatic updated data??? or have a property?? And how i add my report to reports menu in the opportunity form? Thanks. ...

Pivot Table
How to avoid Zero Sum of Values appearing in a pivot table? The field items does have data but the amounts cancel each because they are equal and opposite. The following code will hide row items with a zero total (Excel 2002): '=============================== Sub HideZeroItemTotals() 'hide rows that contain zero totals 'by Debra Dalgleish Dim r As Integer Dim i As Integer Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim df As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem Dim pd As Range Dim str As String Set pt = Sheets("Pivot").PivotTables(1) Set df = pt.PivotFields("Units") ...

conditional update of checkbox dependent on combo box in separate.
I want to alter a checkbox from FALSE to TRUE based on the selection given in a combo box. The combo box and checkbox are in different tables related by the primary key (study number). In the coding for the databse, there are currently SQL commands which insert dates into target fields afterupdate of a 'date of randomisation' in a separate table. One of them is coded something like the below: SQL = "INSERT INTO TableA(Date1) VALUES ('" & DateOfRandomisation.Value + 30 & "') " DoCmd.RunSQL SQL SQL = "UPDATE TableA SET Date1 = '&q...

Tricky little combo/table problem
Here's a tricky little problem I am trying to figure out. I'm sure someone out there should be able to help me without breaking anything. Heres the problem.... I have a form that has an underlying table attached. I have a combo box pull in a pull down list of locations from that table. What I would like to happen is, I would like it so the user will select a location from that combo box, and then click a command button. When they click that button, I need whatever they chose in the comobo box to copy over to a NEW table, which will be referenced later by my program. Say the table being...

Refreshing Pivot table
Hi All. I have a workbook with 6 sheets. Each sheet has a pivot table. I have a button on another form that runs a query and populates yet another sheet that each pivot table pulls from. I want the pivot tables to refresh after the query is run. I loop through all the sheets and then loop through all pivot tables and call RefreshTable on each. I've also tried Refresh. What happens is that first 2 sheets seems to refresh but the others don't. Also, if there are no records when the pivot tables refresh they reduce down to just the rows and column (which is normal) b...

spreading a table over two pages
I am using office 2000. I would like to know how to auto flow tables over two pages using microsoft publisher. I have a table on the bottom of one page and it is too large and i want it to automatically spread onto the nest page in my document. Thanks JJ You could make the page longer. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:481E0791-B780-4451-A371-8D2C36995343@microsoft.com... >I am using office 2000. I would like to know how to auto flow tables over > two pages using microsoft publisher. I have a table on the bottom...

Update data from sql, using ODBC
Hi. (Excel 2007) I am preparing a model to be used by multiple users every week. A part of the model is a list of active project in the company. The project informations comes an sql database. In the model I have a table, which should be updated when the excelmodel is opened. The users do not have access to the sql database. Is there a way to set he table (properties, ... ) with the password stored in the model e.g. the users do not have to know and enter the password. Med venlig hilsen Peter ...

CRM 4 - Workflow - Update Record
Hi, In 4.0 I am doing a workflow that changes a bit field to Yes. (checking on a checkbox.) The problem is that not touching the other checkboxes on the form causes the workflow engine sets them to No, rather than leaving them unchanged, which is what I want. Anyone know how to deal with this? Thanks! Export the Form then Re-import and then recreate the workflow - I had this and I solved by the above procedure. I temporarily chnaged chnaged a couple of the tickboxes to radio buttons so I could see whta the workflow form was going to do. Pete "Dynamics" <Dynamics@dis...

Update linked formulas between workbooks
We have 2 workbooks where staff enter daily totals. The totals in these 2 worksbooks need to be combined for a grand total. I created a formula that adds Day 1 of workbook1 to Day 1 of workbook2. However, we must save both workbooks, and close/reopen the one with the formula to update the total. I tried using Edit/Links but that didn't work. Any suggestions? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, Check that 'Update remote references' is checked un Tools|Options|Calculation. Cheers "lbabli" <lbabli.yke8y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in me...

Requery a form from its subform, then add new
I have a form with a subform with no navigation buttons. The subform has a cmdSave button to save the detail record. In its click event I have If Not Me.NewRecord Then RunCommand acCmdRecordGoToNew Me.Parent.Requery Depending on the order of these two statements I get a different problem. If I use the order shown, the RecordGoToNew works but it is effectively undone by the requery. If I add another RecordGoToNew line I get error 2046: The command or action 'RecordGoToNew' isn't available now. If I switch order I receive the 2046 error. It seems that a requ...

One To Many Records In A Sub Form
I have a form set up, with a sub form in it. When I key the data in the form it updates the sub form as it should. The problem is that some of the records I want to key in the main form, might have multiple records in the sub form. How do I get this to work as I can only have one record each time. Both the form and the sub form are related to differnet tables. Many Thanks in advance for any assistance. This is a really head scratcher for me. On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:10:02 -0800, Tony Montana <TonyMontana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form set up, with a sub form i...

Update dynamically appended MDI menu
I am trying to dynamically append a menu to MDI Doc/View's menu. Everything is ok except that the menu doesn't get refreshed till I move/minimize (etc.) the main App's window. Kindly suggest as to how to make it visible as soon as the child window gets visible. Seems AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); isn't working either :o( CMenu *pMainMenu = AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd->GetMenu(); // Assuming that we have a qualified CMenu object pointer // called 'pChildMenu', let's append it to the main menu: pMainMenu->AppendMenu(MF_STRING|MF_POPUP , (int...

Outlook xp updates won't install
I have been having a problem getting any updates for office xp. I got the following were unable to be installed: Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB905756) Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB913161) Update for Outlook 2003 (KB913807) Any ideas as to why I suddenly can't get these to install? Have you restarted and then tried to reinstall them? -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Rick" wrote: > I have been having a problem getting any ...

Outlook Address Book not updating.
We run Exchange 2003 SP2 and have Outlook 2000 and 2003 users. The Outlook 2003 users that run in cached mode don't get an updated version of the OAB. If they are turned onto non cached mode they are fine. If we then turn them back to cached mode it uses and old OAB. I have tried to do a send and receive > download address book, but it doesn't update. I also renamed the the udetails.OAB file and it then downloaded this old OAB. I checked the server and it updates the OAB at 4am veryday. I can't even see anything in the Excahnge event log to say the OAB is been done...

insert a table in excel
how do I put a table into excel that stays on screen even when you scroll up or down i.e what you are scrolling scrolls behind or along side the table Phil Investigate the use of Window>New Window then Arrange>Vertical to have two windows side by each. Your table in one of them and whatever else in the other. Only other thing I could think of would be a Modeless UserForm or similar. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:43:09 -0800, "Phil1723" <Phil1723@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do I put a table into excel that stays on screen even when you s...

Pivot Table Data Source
Where in 2007 can I change the data source for a pivot table to look at the first pivot table I created (instead of looking directly at the raw data sheet)? ...

Can't get update to install have tried about a dozen times
I cant get Security Update for Windows Vista (KB971468) to install Which Vista version you have got? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit? For 32 bit the download link is here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=16494dac-553a-4de9-b751-0d6b51cb43f0&displaylang=en For 64 bit the download link is here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=cec582b3-e37f-448e-a5c3-6abdcee9e57c&displaylang=en hth "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC5043CE-0360-4F77-881C-7104131AB0AE@microsoft.com... > > ...

Visio 2002 Service Pack Update
Microsoft has released an update to Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 that corrects the problem with file sizes increasing after being saved in Visio 2002 SP2. The fix is posted as a hotfix patch that gets applied on top of Service Pack 2. You can get the update here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;890668 -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Mark Nelson [MS] wrote: > Microsoft has released an update to Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 that corrects > the problem with file sizes inc...