Unbound Form for Criteria

Hi everyone,

How can I make an unbound form pull criteria for:
Month vs. Previous month
Current Qtr vs. Previous Qtr
Current Qtr vs. Previous Year’s Qtr

I’ve been around the world and back again on this.  Is it a matter of
creating expressions for these in a form or should this be a part of the
design of my query.  My end result is to have a report showing one period vs.
the other period and the variance.

Please point me in the right direction…please!

Thank you,
Kay

It will take more than an unbound form for the criteria to get your data.
You will have to add a calculated field to apply the criteria to.  I think
the easiest for the operator is an Option Group with the choices.
I assume that you want to count or sum a field so this is the sum --
SELECT IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate],
"yyyymm") = Format(Date(), "yyyymm"), [FieldToSum], 0),
IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
Format(Date(), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0), IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] =
3, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") = Format(Date(), "yyyyq"),
[FieldToSum], 0), "Error"))) AS Current_Interval,
IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyymm") =
Format(DateAdd("m", -1,Date()), "yyyymm"), [FieldToSum], 0),
IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
Format(DateAdd("q", -1,Date()), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0),
IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 3, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
Format(DateAdd("yyyy", -1,Date()), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0), "Error"))) AS
Previous_Interval
FROM YourTable;

--
Build a little, test a little.

"AccessKay" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> How can I make an unbound form pull criteria for:
> Month vs. Previous month
> Current Qtr vs. Previous Qtr
> Current Qtr vs. Previous Year’s Qtr
>
> I’ve been around the world and back again on this.  Is it a matter of
> creating expressions for these in a form or should this be a part of the
> design of my query.  My end result is to have a report showing one period vs.
> the other period and the variance.
>
> Please point me in the right direction…please!
>
> Thank you,
> Kay

Hi Karl,

I created the option group on a form and replaced my names in the
expressions you gave me but I’m afraid that I don’t know where to put this.
Is this one long expression that I put in a calculated field or is it part of
my SQL???  Forgive my ignorance…this is new to me.

Thanks!

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> It will take more than an unbound form for the criteria to get your data.
> You will have to add a calculated field to apply the criteria to.  I think
> the easiest for the operator is an Option Group with the choices.
> I assume that you want to count or sum a field so this is the sum --
> SELECT IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate],
> "yyyymm") = Format(Date(), "yyyymm"), [FieldToSum], 0),
> IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
> Format(Date(), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0), IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] =
> 3, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") = Format(Date(), "yyyyq"),
> [FieldToSum], 0), "Error"))) AS Current_Interval,
> IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyymm") =
> Format(DateAdd("m", -1,Date()), "yyyymm"), [FieldToSum], 0),
> IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
> Format(DateAdd("q", -1,Date()), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0),
> IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 3, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
> Format(DateAdd("yyyy", -1,Date()), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0), "Error"))) AS
> Previous_Interval
> FROM YourTable;
>
> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "AccessKay" wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > How can I make an unbound form pull criteria for:
> > Month vs. Previous month
> > Current Qtr vs. Previous Qtr
> > Current Qtr vs. Previous Year’s Qtr
> >
> > I’ve been around the world and back again on this.  Is it a matter of
> > creating expressions for these in a form or should this be a part of the
> > design of my query.  My end result is to have a report showing one period vs.
> > the other period and the variance.
> >
> > Please point me in the right direction…please!
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Kay

It is a complete SQL statement for two calculated fields but you can paste
them in design view.

Current_Interval: SELECT IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1,
Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyymm") = Format(Date(), "yyyymm"),
[FieldToSum], 0),
IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
Format(Date(), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0), IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] =
3, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") = Format(Date(), "yyyyq"),
[FieldToSum], 0), "Error")))

Previous_Interval: IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1,
Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyymm") = Format(DateAdd("m", -1,Date()),
"yyyymm"), [FieldToSum], 0), IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2,
Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") = Format(DateAdd("q", -1,Date()),

"AccessKay" wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> I created the option group on a form and replaced my names in the
> expressions you gave me but I’m afraid that I don’t know where to put this.
> Is this one long expression that I put in a calculated field or is it part of
> my SQL???  Forgive my ignorance…this is new to me.
>
> Thanks!
>

> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
> > It will take more than an unbound form for the criteria to get your data.
> > You will have to add a calculated field to apply the criteria to.  I think
> > the easiest for the operator is an Option Group with the choices.
> > I assume that you want to count or sum a field so this is the sum --
> > SELECT IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate],
> > "yyyymm") = Format(Date(), "yyyymm"), [FieldToSum], 0),
> > IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
> > Format(Date(), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0), IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] =
> > 3, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") = Format(Date(), "yyyyq"),
> > [FieldToSum], 0), "Error"))) AS Current_Interval,
> > IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyymm") =
> > Format(DateAdd("m", -1,Date()), "yyyymm"), [FieldToSum], 0),
> > IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
> > Format(DateAdd("q", -1,Date()), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0),
> > IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 3, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
> > Format(DateAdd("yyyy", -1,Date()), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0), "Error"))) AS
> > Previous_Interval
> > FROM YourTable;
> >
> > --
> > Build a little, test a little.
> >

> > "AccessKay" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > How can I make an unbound form pull criteria for:
> > > Month vs. Previous month
> > > Current Qtr vs. Previous Qtr
> > > Current Qtr vs. Previous Year’s Qtr
> > >
> > > I’ve been around the world and back again on this.  Is it a matter of
> > > creating expressions for these in a form or should this be a part of the
> > > design of my query.  My end result is to have a report showing one period vs.
> > > the other period and the variance.
> > >
> > > Please point me in the right direction…please!
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Kay

Karl or anyone...

I dissected this SQL and I can’t find a single thing wrong with it.  I keep
getting an error message for missing operator when I try to do it the SQL
way.  I really want it to work because it’s perfect otherwise.

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> It is a complete SQL statement for two calculated fields but you can paste
> them in design view.
>
> Current_Interval: SELECT IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1,
> Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyymm") = Format(Date(), "yyyymm"),
> [FieldToSum], 0),
> IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
> Format(Date(), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0), IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] =
> 3, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") = Format(Date(), "yyyyq"),
> [FieldToSum], 0), "Error")))
>
> Previous_Interval: IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1,
> Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyymm") = Format(DateAdd("m", -1,Date()),
> "yyyymm"), [FieldToSum], 0), IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2,
> Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") = Format(DateAdd("q", -1,Date()),
> "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0),
> IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 3, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
> Format(DateAdd("yyyy", -1,Date()), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0), "Error")))
>

> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "AccessKay" wrote:
>
> > Hi Karl,
> >
> > I created the option group on a form and replaced my names in the
> > expressions you gave me but I’m afraid that I don’t know where to put this.
> > Is this one long expression that I put in a calculated field or is it part of
> > my SQL???  Forgive my ignorance…this is new to me.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
> >
> > > It will take more than an unbound form for the criteria to get your data.
> > > You will have to add a calculated field to apply the criteria to.  I think
> > > the easiest for the operator is an Option Group with the choices.
> > > I assume that you want to count or sum a field so this is the sum --
> > > SELECT IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate],
> > > "yyyymm") = Format(Date(), "yyyymm"), [FieldToSum], 0),
> > > IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
> > > Format(Date(), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0), IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] =
> > > 3, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") = Format(Date(), "yyyyq"),
> > > [FieldToSum], 0), "Error"))) AS Current_Interval,
> > > IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 1, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyymm") =
> > > Format(DateAdd("m", -1,Date()), "yyyymm"), [FieldToSum], 0),
> > > IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 2, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
> > > Format(DateAdd("q", -1,Date()), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0),
> > > IIF([Forms]![YourForm]![Frame0] = 3, Sum(IIF(Format([YourDate], "yyyyq") =
> > > Format(DateAdd("yyyy", -1,Date()), "yyyyq"), [FieldToSum], 0), "Error"))) AS
> > > Previous_Interval
> > > FROM YourTable;
> > >
> > > --
> > > Build a little, test a little.

Convert form Quark Express
Can MS Publisher read/convert files created in Quark Express? How? Hi Craig (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Can MS Publisher read/convert files created in Quark || Express? How? No, it cannot. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Outlook 2007 I want to create a search folder that contains compound criteria (search for x AND y). In the Search Folder Criteria dialog box, on the Advanced tab, there is a "More Advanced..." button, but it is grayed out. How do I enable that button, and is there a way to create a search folder with compound criteria? --Tom Hello Tom, You need to enable the query builder, see this microsoft Knowledgebase article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307922 On Dec 17 2008, 3:52=A0pm, "Thomas M." <NoEmailRepl...@Please.com> wrote: > Outlook 2007 > &g...

Collecting data from Excel form
I am working in Excel 2003 and would like to know if there is a way to create a form for data fill-in so that the data would then be collected in a database elsewhere. Thank you, Ricki Ricki, You can go to http://smartusemicrosoftoffice.blogspot.com/2010/03/linking-data-from-form-to-database.html to see it is the solution you want. Hope can help me. Thanks for the post. his is the task I would like to accomplish, but there are no instructions on how to accomplish this task., just a screen shot on what will happen. Where can I find the instructions to get this to work?...

Purchase Order Form
Where do you add a new PO Form that you manually created so that when you go to print a PO you can choose it instead of "Blank Form" or "Other Form"? ...

Email Coding works in one form but not the other...
I have this code in one form and it works perfectly: Dim olkApp As New Outlook.Application Dim mailNewMail As Outlook.MailItem Set mailNewMail = olkApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) With mailNewMail .To = "jfoster@monitronics.com;sroberson@monitronics.com" .CC = "" .BCC = "" .Subject = "Save Alert - Please Confirm" .Body = "Agent: " & Forms![frmLogIn]![Combo22] & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _ "CS#: " & Forms![frmwinbacksave]![cs#] & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &a...

Saving Input on User Form to Hidden Worksheet
I have a User Form that once it is filled in, it updates several other Work Books from different Control Buttons. I need to save the Input on the User Form in one of the Wook Books, so that if the Work Book is opened again the User Form automatically Fills back in. Would the Information on the User Form be saved on a hidden Work Sheet in the Work Book that I want to save it in? Any Ideas on how to achive this? You must write code to save and reload informations like this. Lots of ideas. Where to save is a question of what's practical. You can write to a sheet in the ...

Consolidation if a least one criteria is met
Dear all, I have the follwoing Name Value Criteria Aby 7 #N/A Oby 9 #N/A Ubi 1 #N/A Orbi 9 Yes Aby 6 Yes Oby 2 Yes and I would like to consolidate the data if "yes" is present at least once for the name e.g. Aby = 13, Oby = 11, Orbi = 9. I tried this formula in column D =SUMIFS(B2:B6,A2:A6,A2,C2:C6,OR(C2:C6="Yes",C2:C6)) and remove the duplicates but the formula does not add value with criteria = "Yes" any idea? Thank you HI Look at this: =IF(COUNTIFS($C$2:$C$7,"Y...

Sum cells using criteria from a row and a column
I am trying to sum cells in a sheet based on matching criteria in a row and matching criteria in a column. The data that I am working with is represented as: Resource: Resource1 JAN JAN JAN JAN FEB Project Project Description 12/19 12/26 1/2 1/9 1/16 Admin Administration 10 10 10 10 10 Holiday Holiday 8 8 Other Other time Off Training Training 20 Vacation Vacation 22 30 10 30 22 I ...

help on my forms and subforms
Hi. I have a form generated from one table and a subform within it that shows data from a different table. I need to generate a query or a filter that will only show fields that fall within two dates on my subform. How do I do this? The form has employee Id information and the subform has information from a table with time sheet information. I need the filter or query to only show dates within a pay period. Thanks for your help. Use a query based on the table for the subform instead of the table that filters based on your pay periods. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP &quo...

RE: Excel data exported to custom Outlook form
Greetings earthlings, I have an issue that I have been trying to resolve for sometime, I think I will provide the scenario and hope someone has an answer. Here it is. - I have Excel workbook called "users.xls" - I have a worksheet called "location" - I have a cell B10 in the worksheet who's contents I want to be exported to a textbox called "state" in a custom Outlook form called "RFCO" that resides in the personal forms library in Outlook. (this custom form is from an email template) - I then want to be able to email the form. How do I c...

Best way to play Video files on an Access form?
Hello, My client has an Access front end with an SQL Server back end that will be storing Videos. The client wants to play those videos on an Access form. I know I can use Windows Media Player, but just wondering if anyone has experience doing this that has some insight on what the best way to handle this is. I know Media Player can be a bit of a pig, so if there is a better solution, I would love to hear it. Thanks! Rico ...

Excel macro or command button to search using a user form
I have a user form which shows info about each student. I want to be able to enter a student's name in a textbox and have all the fields on the form populated with the student information. You need to be a lot more specific on what you are wanting else we have to make a lot of assumptions. I would recommend using a combobox instead of a textbox. This way you can utilize the Change Event and have the students info. automatically filled in the rest of your userform. I will assume you have a list of students in Sheet1 in Col. A. Just set the RowSource property of the c...

Why FORM's verticle slider hidden (can not find the verticle slider)
I use ACCESS FORMs a lot. However, today I met one strange thing: The FORM is very large, long and wide. So, I set the attribute of the FORM to be available for both of the "level slider" and the "verticle slider", so that the user could pull the drag the slider to explore all the contents of the big big FORM. To my surprise, the "level slider" ( move the window to the right and to the left) is OK, BUT the "verticle slider" ( move the window to the top and to the bottom) is hidden!!!! I can not find the "verticle slider"! That is to ...

how to automate tax deduction form?
i want to automate my tax deduction form.can any one help? Are you using Microsoft Access to create the database? If so, post details of what you need to do. If not, you would do best to find a newsgroup appropriate to the software you are using to create the form. "bhanu" <bhanupriya11@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1183711105.458449.30610@g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >i want to automate my tax deduction form.can any one help? > On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 01:38:25 -0700, bhanu <bhanupriya11@gmail.com> wrote: >i want to automate my tax deduction form.c...

Forms and passing data
Hi. I have a form that has a button on it that opens another form, which you can then add data about the first form...for example... A form that pulls information from the Company table the button opens A form that pulls information from the contact table *specifically* for that company The company name is NOT repeated in the second form, but it is there in an invisible field. My question is, when I want to add a new contact for the company and I use this form, it is not automatically putting in the company name. Is there a way for me to automatically pass this information on to new e...

Modifying the case form title
Hello everyone, is there anyway to add a field in the Case Form title? Instead of having : "CASE: FMD-0001-3jHEUG" , I would like to have something like "CASE: FMD-0001-3jHEUG for Mr. Smith" which would be of course the customer name. Thanks! You can change the window title. Just put document.title = document.title + ' for ' + crmForm.all.fieldName.DataValue; However, the name of the customer is not directly available on the case form, so you would need to retrieve that, e.g. using a client side webservice call. HTH, -- Jeffry van de...

Warning/Startup Forms
I recently created a db for work and wanted a warning form to be shown if a particular event happened on the day it was opened, or conversely a 'No Events' msg box. 'Allen' kindly supplied me the code to do this however I now need to activate the switchboard after the msg box 'OK' button has been clicked. The code I am currently using is below and any help would be greatly appreciated: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If Me.Recordset.RecordCount = 0 Then 'MsgBox "No Events" Cancel = True End If End...

Hide subforms control from main forms control
I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code. Please help. Ciao New_Access wrote: > I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform > if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code. > Please help. Private sub form_current() if youControlName => "1" then forms!NameForm!SubForm.form.YouControlName.visible = false end if end sub -- Ciao Geppo geppo, why does access think my FormName is a fieldname. "geppo" <ccc@tin.it.inva...

Form design to add data to 3 tables in "Order Entry" style db
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I thought I posted it yesterday but couldn't find it today... I need help figuring out the best way to design a form for data entry in the "Order Entry" style, adding data to three related tables. For clarity I have eliminated several fields. Here are the three tables, plus the fourth that is a reference table: tblCustomers: CustID (pk), CustName tblOrders: OrderID (pk), OrderDate, CustID (fk) tblOrderProd: OrderProdID (pk), OrderID (fk), ProdID (fk) tblProducts: ProdID (pk), ProdName Each Customer is associated with one or mo...

Forms completion
Here is a question for you, we have a pretty simple database to gather comments and suggestions from users for improvement on things around our office, It is a form entry, a suggestion that was given is when users want to enter multiple suggestions they are having to re-enter the header section of the form (Basics of name and contact information) repeatedly, is there a code or work around where that will replicate for the user if they click the add new record after they enter the first entry? Are you storing this information in every row of the table? The way it should work is, when the...

draw geographic object on windows form.
I have some lines that are described by geographic coordinates (x1,y1) to (x2,y2) in UTM coordinate. What I'm trying to do is draw these lines onto a windows form to visualize what they look like. I can draw lines onto the form using the code below. my question is how do I convert my UTM coordinates to a form that can be drawn on the screen? Bitmap DrawArea; DrawArea = new Bitmap(pictureBox1.Size.Width, pictureBox1.Size.Height); pictureBox1.Image = DrawArea; Graphics g; g = Graphics.FromImage(DrawArea); Pen mypen = new Pen(Color.Black); g.DrawLine(mypen, 0, 0, 20, 6...

OWA Form based authentication
Hello Newsgroup ! I have a question. Does someone of you know how to access the mailbox of another user when form based authentication is enabled? Without FBA enabled it is servername/exchange/user@doamin.com. I don't know how to access the mailbox directly from the logon page when FBA is enabled. Thank you in advanced Br Markus ...

Form of phone numbers in contact list
I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook Contacts list. The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working. According to help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook. Specifically, apparently the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizi...

customize forms
After installing MS CRM, I customized a form (in this case a Lead Form). After I customized the form, my changes didn't appear on the standard input form (New Lead). Can anybody help me? Regards, Dick van Loo The only way I have found to do this is to Update the schema in deplyment manager and then do an IISRESET on the web server "Dick van Loo" <d.vanloo@in2info.nl> wrote in message news:0b5701c3572e$d8348aa0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > After installing MS CRM, I customized a form (in this case > a Lead Form). After I customized the form, my changes > didn't ...

Difference criteria from different forms
I have messed with this for a while now and can get it to work. I have two different tabs (in a tab control) that have basically the same combo box which is a "Job#". There is a report button next to each of the combo box's that will run the same report. So if someone chose Job# ABC in tab 1 then navigated over to tab 2 and chose Job # 123 then clicks the report button on next to job# 123 the query criteria for "Job#" should use 123. however if they went back to tab 1 and hit the report button next to Job ABC then the query criteria for job# should use ABC. S...