Typing to sleect an item in list box

Hello,

Ok, this one has to be easy becasue I can't find it anywhere.

I have a list box. I want to select an item in it. When I type... every
keystroke brings me to the first entry with that letter instead of going to
the second letter in the word I am typing. For example when I type Brady I
end up on the first entry with a "Y" rather than on the Brady.

Any clues?

Thanks
Jc

Papi

Joe C wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ok, this one has to be easy becasue I can't find it anywhere.
>
> I have a list box. I want to select an item in it. When I type...
> every keystroke brings me to the first entry with that letter instead
> of going to the second letter in the word I am typing. For example
> when I type Brady I end up on the first entry with a "Y" rather than
> on the Brady.
>
> Any clues?

That's how ListBoxes work.  If you want matches on all characters you type you
need a ComboBox.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
9/19/2007 1:47:33 AM
Rick,

*sigh*  Ok then what about a combo box that displays more than one rowbefore
you click on it, like a list box.

JC

Joe C wrote:
> Rick,
>
> *sigh*  Ok then what about a combo box that displays more than one
> rowbefore you click on it, like a list box.

You can make a ComboBox drop down when it get focus using code...

Me.ComboBoxName.Dropdown

You cannot make it drop down when it does not have focus.

These are standard Windows conventions for how ComboBoxes and ListBoxes
behave.  It is not unique to Access.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
Rick

Open with list
I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed the "open with" list did not have iTunes. No big deal, I could select iTunes from my Applications, but why is it not on that list - and how can I add it to that list? Registering programs with the "Open With" dialog: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/openwithadd.htm ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:43:59 -0600, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: >I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed th...

How to know # of address in Distribution List
Hi.. 1) My ISP doesn't allow more than 50 email address, so I make each distribution lists of 50 addresses. In Outlook Express it shows how many email addresses in a group, but whereas in Outlook it doesn't show. Is there a way to know how many address in each Distribution List. 2) Can I do some VBA scripting to show each address a serial number in the Distribution List. I would appreciate your tips & tricks about Distribution Lists. Thanks Wael >-----Original Message----- >Hi.. > >1) My ISP doesn't allow more than 50 email address, so I make each >distr...

Single corrupted mail item, how to delete it?
Hi, Running EX2k3 on a 2k server. Everytime I do my backup I am getting an "The item \\servername\microsoft exchange mailbox\username top of information store inbox (a whole bunch of asian characters then normal email heading ) is corrupt, file skipped" I 've gone to the users inbox and there is not an email with a whole bunch of asian characters nor with the english after the asian characters. Is there a way to scan a single users mailbox for corrupted items and fix it? Maybe export to a PST and do something like that? Thanks R not possible to scan for one mailbox co...

restrict data in combo box
I have a combo box that lists returns. The returns can be open or closed. I want the user to be able to restrict the data in the combo box if they check the [ckOpen] check box. I've tried several ways but none of them work. Any help would be appreciated. Combo box query: SELECT tReturns.MerchandiseReturnNo, tReturns.VendorName, tReturns.VendorID, tReturns.Description, tReturns.ReturnDate, tReturns.COGAccountNo, tReturns.ReturnAmount, tReturns.Status, tReturns.CompanyID, tReturns.MerchandiseReturnNo, IIf([Forms]! [fReturns]![ckOpen]=True,[Status]="Open","*") AS ReturnOp...

Item record in RM00101
Does anyone know how an item record is entered into RM00101? I only have one in there and I can't figure out how it got there. Thanks. Chris, Do you mean there is an inventory item in there? If so, most likely there was either a data entry error or an import direct to table error. If that's not what you mean, can you please elaborate? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEA12C29-07...

DEFAULT TEXT BOX FONTS
Hi, In Publisher 2003, it's possible to set fill and line settings as defaults, so that when you create a new text box it automatically uses them . . . However, does anyone know of a way to associate a font (or preferably a style) with new text boxes, so that when you create one the correct typeface is automatically selected? Thanks Open the Font Schemes from the format menu, click "Styles and Formatting", click Create new style. Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub Right-click the text box, click format text box, C...

Item Wizard for Matrix Item, 2.0, Attributes Problem, Fix w/SQL co
Next on my list......when we used new item wizard in 1.2, and set attributes for a matrix item (always color, size and style, in our case), the computer automatically plugged those into the individual attribute field for each item. They then showed up on our label format (we have 3 boxes at the bottom where the color, size and style would be plugged into). After upgrading to 2.0, those attributes no longer go into the individual item fields automatically (although they do get plugged into the description). Any idea how to fix this? Ideally, I'd like them back on the label as well.....

Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup
On the Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup there is a line for an account titled "Inventory Returns". Does anyone know on what type of transaction this account will be used? Also, should it be a balance sheet or income statement account? Thanks, Gene Gene, This account will be used on Sales Order Processing and Invoicing Return transactions if you have set up your system to use posting accounts from Item (instead of from Customer) in SOP or Invoicing Setup. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Department and Category List
Is there a way to export the department & category list? I made the list after importing my items, and now I want to add the dept & cat's to my items. Any suggestions? Thanks, but where do I find the attachment?? "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote: > I've attached a report that will list Departments and Categories. You can > export this to Excel just like any other report. Not sure if this is really > what you were asking for, but hope it helps. > > You need to use a newsreader like Outlook Express to see attachments. > Please see o...

How do I create boxes with radial (rounded) corners?
I would like to create boxes with radial corners. Autoshapes has that feature. Look at the Basic Shapes category. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JazzyMom" <JazzyMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F199D113-9D97-4CA8-B377-3D94B458564A@microsoft.com... >I would like to create boxes with radial corners. ...

Why does Autoexpand in combo box not work with accented characters?
To quote the Access online help: You can use the AutoExpand property to specify whether Microsoft Access automatically fills the text box portion of a combo box with a value from the combo box list that matches the characters you enter as you type in the combo box. This lets you quickly enter an existing value in a combo box without displaying the list box portion of the combo box. This works fine when I use the normal English alphabet, but fails if I type an accented character as the first character of a name in a foreign language such as Hungarian. Is there any way to make AutoExpand ...

Can't Open Item after Exchange 2003 Enterprise Install
I just installed a new Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchnage 2003 Enterprise and some of my users have a problem opening some email messages. They get the error "Can't Open Item" Once they close Outlook XP SP-2, reopen Outlook and then try, they can open the email. This may happen to them 3 or more times a day. Any ideas? Thanks Brice P. Duffy Manager of Information Systems Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC bpd@mcmlaw.com What version of outlook? "Brice Duffy" <bpd@mcmlaw.com> wrote in message news:utKQV$$KFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

Drop down list missing.
Has anyone solved the mystery of Data Validation drop downs going AWOL? I ran a macro to clear Web stuff (shapes, hyperlinks etc.) and its impossible to get DV back on this sheet. I had to copy and paste to another sheet and re-enter the DV. Deleting all shapes can delete the arrows for the autofilter. This is not always good: Dim shp As Shape For Each shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes shp.Delete Next shp Dennis Saunders wrote: > > Has anyone solved the mystery of Data Validation drop downs going AWOL? > I ran a macro to clear Web stuff (shapes, hyperlinks etc.) ...

Inventory Item Import
Is there a way to import inventory items in RMS? In situations with a large number of items, this would be much more efficient than having to manually set up each item in RMS. If there is a way to import inventory records, what file formats are supported? Also, where in RMS is the utility that will do this (I have looked, but can't seem to find it). Thanks for your assistance. Your reseller can get you a copy of an import utility that is available via CustomerSource (for customers on a maintenance plan). That utility will import from delimited files such as .csv, .txt (tab-delimi...

Three "Contacts" listed in dropdown list
Using Oulook 2003. When composing a new email and clicking :"TO", Select Names appears with 3 CONTACTS listed - only the 3rd contains my contacts. How do I remove the other 2? When Select Names appears, I get the error message that I have to cancel out of and select the third CONTACT for my list to display. This is the error message: "The address list could not be displayed. Contact folder associated with this address list could not be opened, may have been moved or deleted or you may not have permission". Also I have just created a new profile in order to remove...

email address listed in vcard
I create a vcard in outlook, but in the name field, I always get my email address. How can I get my name in that field? The email address also shows up in the email field. Outlook version? You're referring to a saved vCard .vcf file, right?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "contrain" <rlaughridge@gordonrees.com> wrote in m...

Problem with IMF and Safe sender list
I don't know where can I create a Safe sender list that affect to all the users in the Exchange Organization ? Could you help me ? Thanks in advance Safe Sender list at the mailbox level does not operate at the SCL threshold set at the Gateway level. Safe Sender is only applicable to the mailbox SCL threshold. The link from the document provided by Microsoft states the following. http://www.nemx.com/products/powertools/ExchangeIMF.asp =====From the Microsoft Exchange IMF Deployment Guide===== "An administrator sets two thresholds that determine ho...

Chart Types
Is there other specialized software which would be an add-in to Excel and give me a larger variety of chart types? SigmaPlot (http://www.spssscience.com/SigmaPlot/) Amigo (http://www.threedgraphics.com/products.html), Delta Graph (http://www.spss.com/deltagraph/), and Harvard Graphics (http://www.harvardgraphics.com/) Please do not consider this as an endorsement of any particular program. Also, with a little ingenuity, one can simulate a large range of effects. See various websites for examples: mine, Jon Peltier's (www.geocities.com/jonpeltier), Stephen Bullen's (www.bmsltd....

Using mixed Resource Types
With the company we have implemented EPM and infrequently the large complex plans fail to 'publish' into PWA. One of the causes thought is that these plans have both cost and work type resources within the same task. Is it good practice to separate these resource types into different tasks? -- joooles Hello joooles, It seems it's a bad pratice. Please see the posts I noticed several month ago: G�rard Ducouret ------------------------------------ If we assign a Cost resource to a task (as the only one resource on that task) and then we enter some % Complete,...

Physical Inventory Does Not Work With Matrix Items.
The physical inventory feature in RMS is not usable with matrix type items. It is impossible to filter the inventory count down to a managable number of items for a matrix items. The items I sell consist of a model name, a size, and a color. The matrix lookup code (model name) is not available as a filter. When I try to filter the physical inventory list I get thousands of irrelevant items mixed in with what I want to inventory. I would suggest that the item lookup code be added as a filter for the physical inventory. I would also suggest that when you make a matrix inactive that it ...

Exclusion List for Data Validation??
Hello! I have cells that require an entry (last names of people), so I have the validation set up for text >1 and <1000. This is good if the user decides to leave it blank, but if they put in a space, or two spaces, or more, or put in words like "none" "N/A" "unknown", etc, those responses are unacceptable. So how can I set up validation to allow for any entry except for blanks, spaces, or a list of words that I will constantly have to adjust as users get more creative? Thanks! VR/ Lost It would be really difficult to try and trap *every possible* ille...

Split Form with need to Provide Selection List
We have an Access 2007 application that has a split form (built on Table-1). We now need to add some type of facility that will allow our users to view data from Table-2 (while working on the Split form based on Table-1). They will then select one row from Table-2 which will contain 6 fields which we need to plug into Table-1. We are still fairly new to Access and we are not sure of the best way to accomplish this task. Thank You, Brad ...

How do I compare a list of Lotto winning numbers to my ticket?
I have a list of lotto winning numbers in excel such as: row column a 1 11-12-13-14-15-16-17 2 18-19-20-25-29-30-34 3 25-26-27-28-29-30-40 each one of these is in its own cell on a separate row but in the same column. I wan to compare to my ticket which is in the same form e.g.: 20-30-40-50-60-70 is there a way of having excel go through the cells, find the numbers that match any number in my ticket and then copy them to another column in the same row as the original result numbers? the idea is that excel would find any number in a particular cell matching any of ...

where to find doc. for Microsoft defined types
Is there a place where all the Microsoft data type definitions can be found (e.g. BOOL, Hwnd, UINT , etc. etc. . . .)? without having to hunt through all the .h files? My most recent snag: in a dialog box, I have class wizard define a member value variable for a checkbox, which shows up as a BOOL. In my code, I stored it in a variable defined as bool. Of course, this gives a warning, so I change mine to BOOL and everythings ok. But I would really like to know what BOOL is - so far, I haven't found it, but there are so many .h files ....... TIA for any guidance. ...

Filtered list & maximum no columns problem
Hi I have a filtered list with a considerable amount of associated data, which I am performing calculations on. I have run out of columns for this data. It is not practical to split the data into other sheets, as I am making frequent changes to the filter criteria. Any suggestions? Bertie -- claytorm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398516 ...