Trouble with Access Prompts

Weird stuff going on in one of my databases.

When I run an update or delete query, usually it asks me if I'm sure I
want to update xxxx records. Now it just does it.

Also, if I create a query, then decide I don't want to save it, if I
try to close the window or all of Access, it doesn't give me the "Exit
without saving? Yes/No/Cancel" dialog, it REQUIRES me to name/save my
unsaved query.

How do I fix this?

I don't know much about Access, so detailed instructions are
appreciated. Thanks!
0
DanCole42

In Access 2000 you turn the warnings on by ticking the boxes in the
TOOLS-OPTIONS-EDIT/FIND-CONFIRM box.

In VBA it's DoCmd.Setwarnings True

"DanCole42" <dancole42@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Weird stuff going on in one of my databases.
>
> When I run an update or delete query, usually it asks me if I'm sure I
> want to update xxxx records. Now it just does it.
>
> Also, if I create a query, then decide I don't want to save it, if I
> try to close the window or all of Access, it doesn't give me the "Exit
> without saving? Yes/No/Cancel" dialog, it REQUIRES me to name/save my
> unsaved query.
>
> How do I fix this?
>
> I don't know much about Access, so detailed instructions are
> appreciated. Thanks!

0
Geary
1/15/2008 3:28:52 PM
On Jan 15, 10:28 am, "Geary" <gear...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> In Access 2000 you turn the warnings on by ticking the boxes in the
> TOOLS-OPTIONS-EDIT/FIND-CONFIRM box.
>
> In VBA it's DoCmd.Setwarnings True
>
> "DanCole42" <dancol...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I tried that after seeing it in some other posts... doesn't seem to
work.
0
DanCole42
1/15/2008 3:57:19 PM
I would search for "SetWarnings" in the project to see where it's being
turned off. If the warnings are off and an action query is raising an error
then the warning might not be getting turned back on.

Stepping through the code in debug is probably the best way to find it.

> On Jan 15, 10:28 am, "Geary" <gear...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> In Access 2000 you turn the warnings on by ticking the boxes in the
>> TOOLS-OPTIONS-EDIT/FIND-CONFIRM box.
>>
>> In VBA it's DoCmd.Setwarnings True
>>
>> "DanCole42" <dancol...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I tried that after seeing it in some other posts... doesn't seem to
> work.

0
Geary

exchange 2003 Pop3 access #2
I'm trying to publish smtp and pop3 through isa. neither of the server publishing rules smtp or pop3 work properly. I was able to work around the smtp portion by configuring smtp virtual server on isa then forwarding to the exchange server. so on to pop3 for this scenario: 10.0.0.2 = exchange server ip 10.0.0.1 = isa internal 10.1.0.1 = isa dmz 60.60.60.60 = public ip address of mail server (nat by firewall to dmz interface of isa) I used mail server publishing to publish pop3 from "external" to "10.0.0.2" Following the tuturial on isaserver.org still I am ...

Error while trying to access reports
Hi all, I have a user who is Admin and gets this error when she clicks on the report icon: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the r...

NNTP/web-based access (still) horked
[Posting via clunky web-based access at ~12:15 PM PST/20:15 UTC, 10 Jan-10] Right now, web-based access to this newsgroup is not showing any new posts since 12:45 AM PST/08:45 UTC, 09 Jan-10...though AFAIK most posts since then are showing up via NNTP. This has been going on since March 2009, guys. Pull your finger out of it & get it fixed, OK? PS: Happy New Year, Little StevieS! Time to earn that raise, bucko. -- ~PA Bear... Ahh, if only this sort of thing could happen permanently to techarena, eggheadcafe, vistaheads, etc... "PA Bear [MS-MVP]" <PABea...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download?
How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download This is the Outlook newsgroup. Outlook Express is a different program. You don't download Outlook Express. It's part of Internet Explorer and your O/S. Look in the Start Menu in Programs. "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C27B0DE-4C72-41D3-BC87-B4652F45E4F2@microsoft.com... | How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Frank <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Outlook Express probably came with your Wi...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

Very Rusty Former Beginner/Intermediate Access Guy Needs a Little Help
I'm using Access 2002 to create a database for a small opera company that my wife is involved in, and I'm more than a bit rusty because I haven't created a new Access database since about 1999. So, I will probably have quite a few questions as I go through this, and hopefully this group will help me out. I will be creating this database for someone else to enter the data. I have a patron table with name, address, email, etc., and I want to add a form to enter donations from patrons into a donation table. All I need in this form is last name, first name, date, and amount....

matrix in access
Hi all, is there an option to build matrix in access? hi, thread wrote: > is there an option to build matrix in access? Yes, but you have no matrix operators. Each table can be threated as a matrix equivalent. In VBA you can use multi-dimensional arrays. btw, what do you like to do? mfG --> stefan <-- the metrix is going is follow: you have countries as vertical and i have names as horizontal,the issue is that i want to have an option to load it from excel to access as is but still to be able to use it in the relations between other tables any code samples? Stefan Hoffmann =...

access forms 12-05-07
how can the minimum value from eight numeric fields be found & displayed displayed on the form, following manual entry? Your only way is through a series of If statements to determine the minimum. Remember, too, that you may need to handle missing data. You can use the Nz function in that case, but you need to be able to assign a reasonable value for comparison purposes if the value is Null. Dim lngMinimum As Long lngMinimum = Nz(Me.Field1, 9999) If Nz(Me.Field2, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngMinimum = Me.Field2 End If If Nz(Me.Field3, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngM...

Access SSRS Throug SSMS not Report Manager
Without giving someone membership into the "BUILTIN\Administrators" group, how would one enable a user to be able to access SSRS through SSMS? SSMS >> Connect >> Reporting Services >> {Server Name} I'm currently getting the error below: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to {servername}. (removed the server name) ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A connection to the computer cannot be established. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient) ------------------------------ Acces...

accessing clipart when not online
In office professional 2003 I can only seem to access clip art when connected to theinternet. Is it possible to get the clip art with out connecting? Kate wrote: > In office professional 2003 I can only seem to access clip > art when connected to theinternet. Is it possible to get > the clip art with out connecting? No. Not one of the wisest decisions, was it? Makes me glad I went broadband before getting Off 2003. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message news:c8rlqh$63b$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk... >...

Trouble with Expression 02-19-10
This expression counts the number of records where a tick box is YES TxtSoleYes: Count(IIf(txtSole,1,Null)) Why doesn't this work to give me the number of No's TxtSoleYes: Count(IIf(txtSole,0,Null)) Thanks Tony -- Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate getting old! Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201002/1 Tony - Try Sum instead of Count. Count gives the number of non-nulls, and zero is non-null. -- Daryl S "TonyWilliams via AccessMonster.com&...

Barcode reader and ms access
Hello every body.. I am want to know more about ms access and barcode reader . can you tell me where can i find the sample of using ms access and barcode reader Thank.. Barcode reader operate as keyboard. you can use it with any application. Tom "cambo" <cambodia_khm@everyday.com.kh> wrote in message news:eGG3GcZnHHA.4424@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello every body.. > I am want to know more about ms access and barcode reader . > can you tell me where can i find the sample of using > ms access and barcode reader > Thank.. > > > Dear cambo: Ther...

Trouble with copy and past of formulas in Excel
I got a sheet from one of my collegaes that was causing problems, it sometimes looses formulas (It looks like a problem with connections through our network) and you get true untrue name errors, after refreshing the cell the problem is gone. Now I'm having trouble with copying formulas, after trying some copy and paste it crashes with dr. Watson. It seems that there is some timeout problem. More people have trouble with this with the somewhat larger sheets. ...

"Program trying to access e-mail addresses" msg
Hi. I recently installed SP3 on my computer, and now I get an odd message when I open emails. A box pops up that says, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." My virus scan turned up nothing, and the "detect & repair" function of Outlook did not change this. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks! Same here. After "yes" or "no" outlook stop responding. Curious to find an answer! Mel &...

Cannot access product key
I've got a problem in Outlook which I'm already reporting in the General section of the newsgroup. However, as we don't appear to be having much luck resolving it then I'm trying to contact Microsoft for online assistance. However, the support tool asks for the Product key from the Help, About screen. My problem is that I can't get into Outlook to get to the Help menu! The key they require isn't the one off the disk packaging, it's the converted number that Outlook uses once installed. Anyone got any suggestions? Well firstly if you cross posted, by ent...

Trouble syncing playlists to Mp3 player
Hi there, I have a Coby MP705- 8GB that I am using with WMP 11. I am currently having trouble synching playlists from Itunes that are on my WMP to my Coby which had previously worked in the past. I manually go through the steps to add the playlists and watch as each song in every playlist is converted onto the Coby. This also results in duplicate songs on the Coby which I just delete by hand one by one (a little annoying). When the sync is complete and I click on the playlists for the Coby, I receive the message, "There are no playlists on this device." Not sure if I a...

CComboBox trouble
Hi folks, I have another trouble. I am following MSDN CComboBox specification to the letter, but each time I try to add an element to the ComboBox, my app crashes. This is what I have: void CSvg::OnSvgRefresh() { CString str; //trying to keep it simple at first //and then use InsertString's first parameter as a variable to insert //more elements str = "hello"; m_maplist.InsertString(0, str); m_explore.Navigate(m_curr_start, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL); m_count_files++; } I have no idea why m...

Outlook Web Access Login
Is it possible to to have a consistent login to outlook web access independant of operating system? To login to outlook web access using Windows XP you have to do this. Username: domain\username Password: password To login to outlook web access using Windows 2000 you enter this Username: username Password: password Domain: domain I do not want to use basic authentication. I am currently using NT authentication for my server. I implemented SSL on my home server but my home server was too slow and I don't remember if you need to specify the domain when you login to SSL. It is real...

MS-Access 2007 Error: There is not enough memory to perform this operation..
(..couldn't locate an appropriate place for this post) A rather large database (200mb* and 12,000 objects) has been running fine as a 2003 mdb. Now, converting it to an accdb (importing all objects) routinely produces this error when compacting/repairing. It does not appear to be memory related, but perhaps some type of corruption or even something else. * links to SQL Server db for tables ...

Trouble getting back on line after router is shut off....
Doesn't XP flush the IP address when it's shut off so it's ready for a new one when you restart it? The reason I ask is: I have a Linksys WRTP54G wireless router that has 2 phone ports for use with the Vonage phone company. When we have electrical strorms I unplug everything including my cable connection to my modem, the router and of course the 'puter. After the storm it can take me up to 45 minutes to get an internet connection again. The setup is a Surfboard cable modem that feeds the Linksys then to one of my motherboard's 2 ethernet connectors. When pow...

Exchange 2003 SP2 and Mobile Access
Hello -I need some help with this feature. I'm using a single Exchange server and I believe most of the configuration is correct. I'm trying to sync a Cingular Treo680 using Exchange ActiveSync to no avail. Q- do I need to use certificates for mobile connections? Our OWA does use a cert... Q- is there a better/new single server setup guide? Any help is much appreciated! On Mar 14, 11:06 am, cchcc <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello -I need some help with this feature. I'm using a single Exchange > server and I believe most of the configuration is ...

how to access hotmail
Hi, P'se advise how to HTTP based mail service (e.g. Hotmail). surfer On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:17:27 -1000, Surfer <ybcip@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > P'se advise how to HTTP based mail service (e.g. Hotmail). > > surfer You have to have the paid version of Hotmail otherwise it doesn't work. Or did you mean http://www.hotmail.com? :-) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook Operations Coordinator Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu Microsoft Outlook FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/outlook.htm Yes I meant to read hotmail in outlook! I wonder why the outlook express c...

How To Prepare An Access Database For Shared Use?
Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to share this form? Do I have to first prepare the database in some manner to be shared? Are Access databases exclusive by default? "David Portwood" <Mondrogan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:4622d703$0$9953$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a > table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to > share this form? Do I have to fir...