Times Subtraction Whith Access

Hi

I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a
time result (With Access).
Like this:

VarTime=[time1]-[time2]
10:05:40=18:05:50-08:00:10

Thanks

0
bennyzamir

Access really isn't intended to do things like that, but

?Format(#18:05:50# - #08:00:10#, "hh:nn:ss")
10:05:40

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

<bennyzamir@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a
> time result (With Access).
> Like this:
>
> VarTime=[time1]-[time2]
> 10:05:40=18:05:50-08:00:10
>
> Thanks

0
Douglas

Access 2000 embedded Excel Pivot Table
I have created an Access reporting module that uses several Excel pivot tables which are embedded in the Access file. There doesn't appear to be any way to determine which table in Access the pivot tables are referenced to. If you right click on the pivot table and select wizard, the area in which the data source would normally appear in an Excel-based pivot table is totally blank. Any suggestions for how to identify the data source for a pivot table that is embedded in an Access 2000 file? Have a look at the property pivot_Table.SourceData "Jeff" wrote: > I have c...

Track employees time off
Is there a good way to keep track of employee's time off. I have a few employee and I'd like to be able to use my Outlook 2002 Calendar to quickly see which of my employees have what days off. Is there an easy way to do this or is there a 3rd party plug-in? ...

Why does Excel try to access Internet when it starts?
Lately whenever I start Excel, Zone Alarm informs me that Excel is trying to access the Internet. I checked the "startup" folders in the Office installation folder and there is nothing there. Thanks in advance for any help. Charlie In Excel 2003 there are a couple of settings you can check: Choose Help > Customer Feedback Options Select "No, I don't wish to participate." In the Category list at the left, select Online Content Remove the check mark from "Show content and links from Microsoft Office Online " Click OK. Charlie wrote: > Lately whe...

Access 97 09-30-04
How much would it cost to updrage Access 97 to the lastest and greatest Access? We want all information in tact. Also what would be the additional cost of maintenance and operations of Access? Hi JM, As far as I know it's not possible to upgrade Access 97 to the current version, which is Access 2003; you need to buy the full product (whether by itself or as part of an Office 2003 package). Check prices with your local suppliers. Access 2003 can use databases created with Access 97, so you won't lose any data. Conversion of other stuff - forms, queries, reports, etc. is mostly a...

Give external user access to Calendar and Contacts?
I have a user who is on an exchange 2003 server. They want to move to another exchange 2003 server. There is no trusts between the two and probably never will be. They want to give access to someone on the other exchange server than the one they are on to contacts and calendar. Is there a way to do this? Not practically. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23x%231UgHRGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have a user who is on an exchange 2003 server. T...

Converting from time format to decimal and figuring the difference
I am creating a dialy time record for reporting to an online time card system. I need to convert from excel's time format to decimal format and figure the difference from start time and finish time in 1/10th hour increments and have it displayed it as such. Hi Steve, I expect the first problem you will run into is converting an Excel time to hours. After you have the difference or sums of Excel times and you want to convert to hours multiply by 24 and format as a number representing hours and decimal hours. Time and dates are measured in days after 1899 or other reference point....

OWA access fails after a couple of days
I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server running Windows Server 2003 SP1 configured for OWA using SSL. The system works fine but every 2 days when someone attempts to hit the OWA site they are prompted for their username and password and after pressing enter a page not available screen shows up. No errors are logged in event viewer and mail is sent and received fine through Outlook; its just OWA clients that experience an issue. Restarting IIS has no impact and the only way OWA functions again is to reboot the Exchange server. Check your IIS logs during this time, do you see logon attemps ...

Time Problem
My Emails are appearing in my Inbox one hour later than the actual time. I have tested this by sedning myself a message from an external account, and it arrived saying it was received one hour before it was sent. Paul Smth Done that and both are set correctly..... Anyone from Microsoft got any answer as to why my Emails are showing up in advance. The Email headers look okay. Paul Smith "DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message news:eX7wHo$oIHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Ensure your PC time is set correctly, then check in Outlook, under > calendar options ...

Why must I agree to a EULA each time I open MS Word?
Every time I open an Office 2003 program, I am presented with a EULA to agree to first! I have activated the MS Office programs on my new computer and am told the activation has been completed! -- ah "ah" <ah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:954FA1D7-C6DF-4FCA-AEB9-034F2F6E5808@microsoft.com... > Every time I open an Office 2003 program, I am presented with a EULA to > agree > to first! I have activated the MS Office programs on my new computer and > am > told the activation has been completed! Version of Windows? ...

Need to access external database and bring info to MSCRM
We have created a aspx web form in C# . We can now enter a lead in this form and create the lead in MSCRM through CRM Web Service. CRM Web Service is being called through a Java Script function using "Msxml2.XMLHTTP". We are reading the form data in this function and sending them to MSCRM through the above protocol. Instead of writing lead information in the form, we now want to read the information (by clicking a button or so) from another database table and write them in to MSCRM. Current Java Script function is reading data directly from the form and writing to MSCRM. But we do ...

how can we enter at the same time maintain a formula in a cell?
Is it possible that when we enter a number in a cell, the same cell should display the entered number after deducting certain percentage. This macro should run automatically when the excel file is open -- Life isa journey not a destination Put this event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim r As Range Set r = Range("B9") If Intersect(r, Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False r.Value = 0.75 * r.Value Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub If you enter a value in cell B9, it will auto...

How do I access multiple outlook accounts at the same time?
In our office there are multiple outlook acct's i'd like to be able to access at the same time. Is it possible to look at one account while having another open? Also does anyone know how to personalize mass e-mailings with the person's first name? jaycee <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In our office there are multiple outlook acct's i'd like to be able > to access at the same time. Is it possible to look at one account > while having another open? Accounts don't get "opened" in Outlook. Outlook can certainly manage multiple...

Making Excel generate Access-Like Reports
Please forgive me if I don't use proper Newsgroup protocol. This is my first time. I have developed a comprehensive dealership system using Excel. I probably should have used Access but I don't want to redo the system yet. Everything works swimmingly except: 1. I use customer name to name each workbook (which contains multiple worksheets of forms and data pertaining to that customer): For example: "Jones," "Smith" (or "Smith.John"), etc. I have created reports which have a row for each customer and ten or more columns of data for each c...

Webfolder URL won't allow access
Hi everyone: We have someone who's created a folder in their primary store (Exchange 2000) and wants to access it from the Internet using a Network Place. Ports are open on the firewall (80) so that's not the problem. The workstation (at his home) is Windows XP... when he tries to create the Network Place using the URL to the folder (eg: http://exchange.domain.com/exchange/userid/folder), it asks 3 times for authentication and then fails. Advice? Michael R I just tested it and it worked fine on my box (using the URL in IE and setting up a network place). Keep in mind that the ...

Filtered view linked table behaviour from Microsoft Access
Using CRM 3.0 and Microsoft Access 2003 We have a legacy database using access that linked to Golmine (dbase) contacts for the pupose of contact lookup which is then used in a quotation table and subsequent lookup of address information on a printed "Quote" form. This has been in place for years and has performed well. We are changing from Goldmine to CRM 3.0 and I am having trouble with the behaviour of the linked dbo.filteredcontact view. The view does link and can be used in another access table (say Quote) to lookup a contact ID. However a access query that joins the CRM ...

House account limits, and another Run time error
I need unlimited $$ accounts for in house charges that are tender types, not for customers that we create for mailorders and such. These house charges are meant for other departments within our company. Ideas? Run time error '-2147467259(80004005)'. [DBNETLIB][connetionWrite (wrapperWrite()).] General newtork error. Check your network documentation. ---what could this mean??--- You'd want to be careful of accounting ramifications, but you can do this: 1. Set up a new account type, say "InHouse". (Database > Account Types > New -- settings within may not...

Daylight Savings Time and Calendars
I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 R2 w/ SP1. My clients are running a mix of Windows Pro SP2 and Windows 2000 Pro SP4. My department has a recurring appointment set by the IT Director every Monday morning at 9:00 am. However I see that starting on March 12th the appointment changes to 10:00 am, going back to 9:00 am on April 2nd. This coincides with the three-week difference for Daylight Savings Time starting this year. I have applied the February 2007 cumulative time zone update on the server (KB931836), and this morning applied the Update for daylight savings ti...

Transaction dates a day off after daylight savings time
I hope someone can help, I've searched online and cannot find anything. Since the daylight savings time change, the transactions are downloaded as a day earlier. For example, in my online banking the date says 4/2, but when it downloads, it shows 4/1, in which I have to manually change so it can match my acct. The dates are correct in my online banking acct. I'm using Money 2006 deluxe. Please help! In microsoft.public.money, maxine97 wrote: >I hope someone can help, I've searched online and cannot find anything. >Since the daylight savings time change, the transa...

Formatting decimal numbers as time
I have a timesheet that's used for payroll purposes. The sheet is about as simple as it can get. I would like to be able to enter the time worked for XXXXXX as a decimal number and have it display as hours and minutes. For example: 4.5 hours would display as 4:30 2.1 hours would display as 2:06 For any computation of the time, such as adding the two time examples above, the calculations would work with the original decimal numbers, and the total would yield 6.6 hours of time. Yet the display in the cell would be 6:36 You would think this would be a relatively easy thing to do, p...

Date and Time on Reports
How do I print the current/report date and time on reports as well as on receipt templates (POs, PORcv etc)? hi Alex, you can use the formula to translate the time: below is the code for you as example: (timesold is the datetime field) in RMs all transaction date field contain also time. Begin Column FieldName = "TimeSold" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" StoreIDFieldName = "" Title = "Time Sold" VBDataType = vbString Formula = "replicate('0',2-len(cast(DatePart(Hh,[Transaction].Time) a...

Pay Per Click is a Waste of TIME...
http://getpaidforeveryvistor.googlepages.com/home is the new way for publishers to get paid off per visitor on there website... So every visitor you make money not per click. And now become an affiliate while there is still time.. Decide for yourself>>> http://getpaidforeveryvistor.googlepages.com/home ...

VB5 .frm to Access
I have an old vb program (form) that I need to edit/update to work with new hardware. Is it possible to "open" a .frm in the vb editor within Access? Is there a conversion tool? Migration tool? All of the tools I have seen are the other way around... When I try to import a .frm I get the error message "The form class contained in 'F:\locationdetails...' is not supported in VBE. The file can't be loaded". Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Steve No to all your questions, it can't be done. The superficial resemblance between Access...

quick access issue
Hi everyone, When I first installed IE, there was a nice preview screen of past websites displayed whenever I opened a new tab. This seems to have been disabled somehow. I couldn't include a screenshot of Chrome displaying the quick access preview to illustrate what I mean. The server wouldnt let me send it. Does anyone know how I can get that preview screen back? Thanks -Rik Open a second tab, now you have two tabs, click the tab to the left for multible views. Hope this helps! >WT< "Rik" <rik@rik.com> wrote in message news:%23ktKCg5vKHA.169...

Changing Time To Different Timezones
Hello, I am a new user having just acquired excel 2007 and would appreciate any help. I have a column of dates along with time in CST. I live on the west coast and would like to have excel convert the time part of each entry to PST, or maybe jump to EST. How do I do this. The columns are in this format: 2/28/07 9:20 3/4/07 9:20 3/8/07 9:20 Going down the columns, the dates change but the time is constant with the example showing 9:20 am. It would be nice to have a selector button with the choice of 0 for CST -1 for MST -2 ...

Count total minutes between 2 times
Cell 1: Feb 23 2010 4:11PM Cell 2: Mar 1 2010 4:03PM How do I count the total minutes between 2 cells without manually calculating? Thanks If cell 1 is A1, and cell 2 is A2, use: =(a2-a1)*24*60 Format as a number Regards, Fred "cpliu" <spamfreeliu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:14417a5e-5f46-4f40-a885-2b0fdc2ba7bf@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com... > Cell 1: Feb 23 2010 4:11PM > Cell 2: Mar 1 2010 4:03PM > > How do I count the total minutes between 2 cells without manually > calculating? > > Thanks Hi =Cell2-Cell1 ...