The setting you entered isn't valid for this property

Hello,

I am trying to save the form in the formview, normally even though in the
form view, I can save it. But bnow I have the error message box as follows:

The setting you entered isn't valid for this property
To see the valid settings for this property, search the help index for the
name of the property

Pls. help us how to solve this problem

--
H. Frank Situmorang

What version of Access and what OS are you using?  How are you trying to save
the form in FormView?

Frank Situmorang wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am trying to save the form in the formview, normally even though in the
>form view, I can save it. But bnow I have the error message box as follows:
>
>The setting you entered isn't valid for this property
>To see the valid settings for this property, search the help index for the
>name of the property
>
>Pls. help us how to solve this problem

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
3/14/2008 1:39:46 PM
Ruralguy,

my Access version is ver.2000 and I just save it in when I click formview.
And only this form that happens like that.

Is it because I create addtional 2 tables which I do not linked to the main
table?. You know I have church membership database and fo addtional which
does not relate to this subject, I created again 2 tables for the subject of
Minutes of meeting and I do not link these 2 tables to the main database, but
still in this databasegroup.

I appreciate for anyone helps

--
H. Frank Situmorang

"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> What version of Access and what OS are you using?  How are you trying to save
> the form in FormView?
>
> Frank Situmorang wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I am trying to save the form in the formview, normally even though in the
> >form view, I can save it. But bnow I have the error message box as follows:
> >
> >The setting you entered isn't valid for this property
> >To see the valid settings for this property, search the help index for the
> >name of the property
> >
> >Pls. help us how to solve this problem
> >

> --
> RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

Ruralguy and all readers:

I found out that when I lined it to other tables it is ok now. This is new
finding for me. It seems that if tables should be one of the parts of the
whole database's tables. For experts please comment, if my assumption is
right.

Thanks to all of you
--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Frank Situmorang" wrote:

> Ruralguy,
>
> my Access version is ver.2000 and I just save it in when I click formview.
> And only this form that happens like that.
>
> Is it because I create addtional 2 tables which I do not linked to the main
> table?. You know I have church membership database and fo addtional which
> does not relate to this subject, I created again 2 tables for the subject of
> Minutes of meeting and I do not link these 2 tables to the main database, but
> still in this databasegroup.
>
> I appreciate for anyone helps
>
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang
>

> "ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" wrote:
>
> > What version of Access and what OS are you using?  How are you trying to save
> > the form in FormView?
> >
> > Frank Situmorang wrote:
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >I am trying to save the form in the formview, normally even though in the
> > >form view, I can save it. But bnow I have the error message box as follows:
> > >
> > >The setting you entered isn't valid for this property
> > >To see the valid settings for this property, search the help index for the
> > >name of the property
> > >
> > >Pls. help us how to solve this problem
> > >

> > --
> > RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
> > Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

How to delete or permantly change logo in personal settings
When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and Iwant to change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home etc. it does not alowany logo at all. Anyone know? Locate the following files and delete them: Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

entering multiple costs for an item
I am very new to Retail Management, and am trying to enter inventory, and create a purchase order. I can't figure out how to enter various costs for the same item from the same supplier. For example, when we purchase in lots of 50 pcs., the item cost is .50 per item (total cost of 25.00). However, if we purchase in lots of 100 pcs, the item cost is .47 per item (total cost of 47.00). We can also purchase the item in boxes of 10 (5.50 per box for a cost of .55 per item). How can I enter these costs so when I place a purchase order, the cost will be correct according to the quant...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

What is the best procedure for Getting a valid COA/License for a XP SP1 system.
I need to find out the best procedure for Getting a valid COA/License for a XP SP1 system. I've checked E-Bay but maybe dealing directly with M/S would be best Bob Robert J. Stevens wrote: > I need to find out the best procedure for Getting a valid > COA/License for a XP SP1 system. > I've checked E-Bay but maybe dealing directly with M/S would be best Not sure you can, anymore - for Windows XP. Assuming you are doing this because it is counterfeit/bad... http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart ...

Line-break in a cell without ALT-ENTER?
Is there a way to do this? I would like to make it so when the user hits "ENTER", it doesn't go to the next cell. I want it to just make a line-break in the cell. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could use a couple of macros, but before you do that, how would you really hit the enter key? I think I wouldn't really do this, but if had to, I'd remap the enter key from the numeric keyboard only. Then I could still use the QWER...

Run-time error '381' Invalid property array index
Dear All, I am using RMS 2.0, In POS i set security (disable read) on all columns of setting Customer window. But i got this error when i press F7: Run-time error '381' Invalid property array index. Any kind of help will be highly appreciated. Ibrahim Zubair I get the same message when I try to reprint a receipt did you find the answer to this problem? "Ibrahim Zubair" wrote: > Dear All, > > I am using RMS 2.0, In POS i set security (disable read) on all columns of > setting Customer window. But i got this error when i press F7: > Run-time error '...

Rows and Columns Settings Problem
How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scrol down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out XL Help for "Freeze Panes" In article <JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>, JMorgan <<JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scroll > down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s). Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

enter-key works with two inputboxes but not with olny one.
Hi, There is a form with two inputboxes and a submit button.The focus is on the first inputbox. When the user presses the enter-key without having entered some text, the javascript message "wrong text" appears. This works. But if i remove the second inputbox, leaving only the first inputbox and the submit button, pressing the enter-key without any text does not show the javascript message. Nothing happens. The focus remains in the inputbox. You can see the page is postbacked, but that's all. Why does it work with two inputboxes and not with one? And how to fix...

How do I enter the character '&' in a custom header?
Can anyone help me with this? Use two of them: && toolman wrote: > > Can anyone help me with this? -- Dave Peterson Try && Mike R. "toolman" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this? That works! Thanks for your help! "Mike R" wrote: > Try && > > Mike R. > > "toolman" wrote: > > > Can anyone help me with this? ...

Footnote text cannot be entered without mouse click
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Normally adding a footnote number automatically adds that number to the bottom of the page. A blinking text entry indicator normally allows me to enter the footnote text without any additional step. <br><br>However, today I wanted to add a footnote number after a word, and although the corresponding number correctly appears at the bottom of the page, and the blinking text entry indicator also appears ready to allow entering footnote text, yet when I try to type, nothing is entered. I must resort to ...

Restoring auto-archive properties
I have set up my archive folders to archive each sub-folder of my inbox separately. I have since found this too convoluted to search for items and i wish to restore the default settings so that, my inbox and its subfolders now appear as a subfolder of the Archive folders drop down. How can i do this without losing any of my previous data/e-mails? Simply change the settings and move over any item that you want to be somewhere else now. If this results in multiple empty pst-file, then you can disconnect those via; File-> Data File Management... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MV...

Data Validation #30
I am trying to establish an online form where a user could select a address from a data validation drop down list. However, I can onl seem to get the list to display a single cell, and the address is the not formatted correctly for the form. Is there a way that a drop dow list can return 3 cells as the selection, or is it limited to a singl cell. :confused -- rick270 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rick2701's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1585 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thr...

External HDD loses shared property on reconnect
Here is the situation: There is one external WD MyBook HDD that is connected to my laptop. Some of its folders are shared to the local network, for backup and synchronization. It is always connected with the same laptop, since it travels with me, and is used for backups from the laptop when on the road. It is NTFS formatted. Usually, I connect everything before booting up the laptop, and when XP Pro starts, all settings of all folders on the external drive are the way they were - the permissions, the shares etc., - all is as I left it. However, if for some reason I boot the la...

Setting Up a Novel #2
I would like to write a book using Publisher 2002. How can I set this up to achieve optimum results in the shortest period of time? I need Table of Contents, Chapters, Page Numbers, Graphics, Formatting Styles, Headers, Footers, Glossary, Index, etc Is this the right application to use for this job? Thanks Barry Barry wrote: > I would like to write a book using Publisher 2002. How can I set this up to > achieve optimum results in the shortest period of time? I need Table of > Contents, Chapters, Page Numbers, Graphics, Formatting Styles, Headers, > Footers, Glossary, Inde...

Updating item properties.
We want to change the commission properties for items in our database, with different commission rate for different as below: Men’s Clothing – 2% Women’s Clothing – 2% Men’s Accessories – 1% Men’s Accessories – 1% And this will be a percent of sale. Is this done with an update query? It can be done with an SQL update query. How do you know if an item is men's acc... ? "Davidjc52" <Davidjc52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C57AEFC9-2DEC-46C7-AD96-EE950322155E@microsoft.com... > We want to change the commission properties for items in our database...

Set receive connector back to its defaults
Hello all I need to set the receive connector on the hub transport role back to its defaults. I am running the command set-receiveconnector -identity (name of connector) -permissionsgroup (groupnames) i can only add in one group, how can i add multiple groups to the command? What i am trying to acomplish is i dont want my hub transport server to repsond to a SMTP session unless its from the Edge server. I have tried configuring the "receive mail from remote server with ip" i added in the ip of the edge server but that didnt seem to work, as i can open up a telnet session t...

Not Valid isv.config
Hi, I have added the following code to crm 4.0 in order to move a menu choice down to buttons on the case form. I have exported the ISV and made my changes. When then trying to import it I get the message that it's an invalid customization file. Can someone see what I am doing wrong here? .. .. .. <Entity name="campaignresponse" /> <Entity name="incident"> <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1"> <Button Title="Resolve Case" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" JavaScript="resolve();" /> &l...

ItemData property replacement for ListView
Is there a replacement or alternative property for the listbox ItemData property when using a listview? -- ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org "Leo" <ttdhead@gmail.com> wrote in message news:i3eq9s$gpl$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Is there a replacement or alternative property for the listbox ItemData > property when using a listview? Tag property. On 05/08/2010 17:55, Nobody wrote: > "Leo"<ttdhead@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:i3eq9s$gpl$...

data validation using named range from another file
I am setting up a list for cells. I am using data validation and picking a named range. I have no issue if the range is in the active workbook. but i need to use a range from a different workbook. is that possible? if so how? Thanks On 12 avr, 21:33, pat67 <pbus...@comcast.net> wrote: > I am setting up a list for cells. I am using data validation and > picking a named range. I have no issue if the range is in the active > workbook. but i need to use a range from a different workbook. is that > possible? if so how? > > Thanks Hello, If you want to use...

How to I set automatic recall of people I've emailed to?
Previously, when I would start typing a mail recipient's name in the TO box, it would give me options and I did not have to always retype the whole email address. How do I turn that feature back on those names are stored in a file usually called: outlook.nk2 in this location: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook "RICKY" wrote: > Previously, when I would start typing a mail recipient's name in the TO box, > it would give me options and I did not have to always retype the whole email > address. How do I ...

network drawling set up
Hello, I am new to visio outside of setting up a basic network diagram. I would like to have a network drawling with just shapes diplayed, right now I have a diagram that is very cluttered with names, ips, product info, ect. And have the object info in a database so I only need to update newtork info in one place. And have the info linked to the shape in the drawling. Right now we have excel spreadsheets with multiple pages for info to our multiple sites. What would be easier to set up and update, excel or access database? Then I would like to save it as a web page to place on our i...

sending v cards, changing address settings #2
Hi i use outlook 2003, When I send a v card, the address fields change to businness, which is normally blank. I have set the home address as the address to use as mail address, but still this happens. I tried forwarding the contacts, not as v cards, which does not have the same problem, but found this duplicates the contact in my outlook. any ideas thanks tim ...

after hitting enter
When you hit the ENTER button.. the cursor will move either right,left,up or down... Is there a way to have it move to specific cell for example if your add data in A1 then hit enter the cusor will move diractly to say E13.. then to say G6 and so on? Please help Hi! If you select a number of cells using ctrl-<click> and unlock them (Format>cells> protection) then protect the workshee (Tools>Protection>Protect sheet), the tab key will move the cursor fro one unlocked cell to the next. The order of moving from cell to cell seems more problematic. May nee a bit of experiment...

Open Workbook At A Set Page
There is a web site called www.officearticles.com that explains some good tips on using excel. However, I am having difficulties getting one of the tips to work. To ensure that a workbook is opened at a specific page regardless of where the last user was within the book when he/she saved and closed it the following piece of VB code is suggested: While in Visual Basic Editor, double-click ThisWorkbook and enter the following code: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Range("Sheet1!A1").Activate End Sub Unfortunately I get a run time error each time I attempt to run it - is there some...

Zoom Setting
When I open mail using Office Outlook 2007, the type is often too small for me to read comfortably so I need to "zoom" it up. This works fine for the particular mail message I have opened but as soon as I open the next message, the screen reverts to its prior setting so It is necessary to zoom it up again. Is there a way to retain the zoom setting for all messages being opened? Many thanks, Gene L. you need to ask in a newsgroup that supports Outlook. This one is for Windows Mail. Try news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook steve "Ge...