The field 'MyTable.MyField' cannot contain a Null value because the Required property for this field is set to true.

Hello,

I have a form in my database used for entering new data into a table.
Some of the fields in my table are required, others are not. If I
start entering a new record, using the form, but only fill in some of
the fields, and then click a button, to, for example, open another
form (i.e. I have decided that I do not want to add this new record
now), I will get the following error message:

The field 'MyTable.MyField' cannot contain a Null value because the
Required property for this field is set to true. Enter a value in this
field.

What I want is for the record not to be added unless I have clicked
the 'Add New Record' command button. Can I do this? Or, can I in any
way stop this error message from appearing?

I hope you can help,
Thanks,
Richard

0
richard_b

How do I set up inches per Minute/Second in Excel
I need to know how to take a known inch per Minute and divide by a known measurement and displayed as minutes and seconds. The answer of the equation (minutes and seconds) is where I'm having trouble. Actually, you need to divide your measured length by the known rate (inches per minute). This gives you the number of minutes, but to display using m:ss format you need to divide by 1440, the number of minutes per day (since Excel counts time as the fraction of a day). So put your measurement in A2, your rate in B2, and this formula into C2: =A2/B2/1440 Then format C2 using a custom...

dymanically generate chart, based on multiple values
I have a table with 3 columns, the first being the date, second being the type of recording, and the 3rd being the amount of that type that happened on that day 04/06/2007 type1 2 04/06/2007 type2 26 04/06/2007 type3 9 04/06/2007 type4 9 04/06/2007 type5 1 05/06/2007 type1 2 05/06/2007 type4 39 05/06/2007 type5 19 05/06/2007 type6 19 05/06/2007 type7 2 06/06/2007 type2 1 06/06/2007 type4 20 06/06/2007 type5 11 06/06/2007 type7 10 I would like to create chart based on this, which show the date in the y axis, the total ammount in the x axis, and each coloured segmen...

Category color changes when changing values.
When I copy a chart I get two identical ones. When I change the values of one of the charts and sort the values, Excel changes the colors of the categories to a preset order, so that the color of the biggest customer in chart 1 is not the same as this same customer (let's say now on the third place) in chart 2. Is there a way to prevent this? ...

Outlook 200 messages all contain attachments
Just in the last day or so every message I have received has had attached a text file with the text of the message. This is in addition to the message itself. I don't know what I might have done to change an option and can't find anything in the options menus that might affect this. Any ideas? Bob Weinheimer Charleston, WV Have you tried rebooting? I had that happen once a long time ago and a reboot cured it. "Bob Weinheimer" <rmweinheimer@ntelos.net> wrote in message news:2DjXe.20694$tc7.18573@fe03.lga... > Just in the last day or so every message I have r...

How to set Recipient Limits option under Message Delivery for certain users
Dear All, Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient limits...

How can I Enable a Check Box based on another fields value?
Hi There, I have a form with a disabled check box. I need to enable it when a certain value ("approved") is selected from a combo box. When I am in Form Design View and I have the Check Box selected the Conditional Formatting menu item on the Format menu is greyed out. I am using Access 2003. Can you tell me what I need to do to make this work? Many thanks, David As you've discovered, Conditional Formatting isn't availabe to checkboxes. Try this: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.YourComboBox = "Approved" Then YourCheckBox.Enabled = True Else YourChe...

Newbie: can't get a calculated value on the form?
I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I put a text box on the form from the query result field, but I get a "#Name" error instead of the result. When I run the query, I get the correct result. Help, please? Ed "Ed from AZ" <prof_ofwhat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d1e7d27c-11d9-4696-8d19-4c5fdd9dbb89@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have a table with numbers and a form that shows the numbers. I have > a query that takes one of the numbers and mulitplies it. I p...

Is there a wizard to export and match fields?
I would like to export products from my table into a csv that has different field names. Is there a wizard that would allow me to select which fields to export and what fields they match up to in the new file? Instead of exporting a table, create a query and alias the field names to the ones you want in the CSV, then export the query. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Email? Free subscription: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ACCESS-L "ZenMasta" <me...

Field service table structure and field definitions
The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data flows. Thanks, Will You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application. -- Charles Allen, MVP "WS" wrote: > The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field > service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA > into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying th...

Comments field
I would like to add some notes for a Payee but the Comments field under the Payee is not big enough. Is this the only place I can makes these type of notes? I want to put in information such as lenght of contract, type of service they provide, costs, etc.... Thank you. No other solutions (in Money) are coming to mind. "Apr" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:u8WcsBuFHHA.3304@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is this the only place I can makes these type of notes? Apr wrote: > I would like to add some notes for a Payee but the Comments field > under the Pa...

How to add summary fields to Group Footer in Access Reports?
How do you add a Summary fields to Group Footers in Access? I have a Detail field I want to Sum in the Group Footer in my report. -- Pat Dools ...

Ol 2000 email settings
If I configured my outlook 2000 using co-operate or workgroup mail service, with 1 exchange mail account and 2 pop email account from external email service ( like attglobal email etc ). Am I allow to select from which email account I can send from? how to if is yes? Thanks for advice. OL2000 ...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

Converting Values to Unicode Characters
The function CHAR converts a value in the range 1-255 to to an ANSI character. Is there a way to convert values in the range 1-65,342 to Unicode characters? -- Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com Columbus, Ohio You can use VLOOKUP but you'll have to create your own lookup table of the unicode characters and I think you'll have to paste it onto the same spreadsheet.... Maybe you can find a lookup table on the internet somewhere that you can easily paste into your spreadsheet. tsides <tsides@intelligentsystemsconsulting.com> wrote: > You can use VLOOKUP but y...

Passing Values from One Form to Another Including a Combo Box
Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to another by way of a command button. I have spent a week on various code taken from this site, but still no luck. Please ... someone help!! The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form. On this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91. The command button is called Command119. The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits- Form. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter. Maurita ...

Status field in POP10500
Can anyone tell me what "0" in the Status field of POP10500 means? I have shipments that show up on my Purchase Order Processing Document Inquiry window with no corresponding invoice. However, when I attempt to match them to a purchasing invoice, I get a message saying, “This line item has been fully received and invoiced, You may continue, or you may delete this line item and enter a different one.” Using Query Analyzer, I see records with a POTYPE of 2 (Invoiced Receipt) matching up to the shipments. However, the "Status" for these two records is "0". Th...

OUTLOOK FIELD NAME
Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me??? Bye.... how in the heck did you get that far, i can't figure any of it out ----- giuliano wrote: ----- Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me???...

MS Query help required
Hi I have a spreadsheet on my notebook which I use for DBA services at a particular client. It connects to database server via an existing ODBC database connection extracting data from system tables. I would like to be able use this spreadsheet at other clients, WITHOUT having to create a new ODBC connection. Is there any way that this can be accomplished? The ideal scenario would be that the logon credentials and server address reside on one sheet and upon arrival at another client, one merely changes this information and then queries the database. Any help would be appreciated. Regards -...

Lost Properties pop up on right mouse click?
Hi, I can no longer right click on a control and bring up its properties. I have to be in design mode and select the field then click the properties button in the tool bar? Any idea how to get the right mouse click to bring the properties up? Thanks Chuck "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00FD3588-E880-498C-9F24-8E4D6A8F464B@microsoft.com... > Hi, I can no longer right click on a control and bring up its properties. > I > have to be in design mode and select the field then click the properties > button in the tool bar? > Any ide...

Moving fields on extender windows
Hi! Can someone tell me how I can move the fields on the extender windows? -- Marisol Mortera Because of the way Extender stores data, you cannot move fields like you would using Modifier. You need to go to the Extender windows design and set up another field with the information. Then you will need to move data behind the scenes from the existing field to the new field. Alternatively, you could export the data; delete the data in the window; and import it. "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Can someone tell me how I can move the fields on the extender windows? > -- &...

Printing Custom Forms and Exporting Custom Fields
I want to design a custom form and place it in the Public Folder for use by multiple users. Two problems: 1) unable to print custom forms 2) understand that data from custom fields cannot be exported into another application I need to export the data for management reports. Any suggestions? I am not a programmer, but have had some success working with VBA in Excel. Info on the microsoft sites appears stale. We have Outlook 2002 and Microsoft XP operating system. Thank you very much. ...

storing value in form field
Hello, I want to get values from a pop-up date form to insert in a text box on another form. Problem is when I close the date form, the value that the text box was referring to is gone. Is there a quick way to save the value in the main form until new dates are typed in? Thanks You should be able to hide the form rather than close it. "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49EA576C-544E-4A18-B4FB-4F7AF6D2951E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I want to get values from a pop-up date form to insert in a text box on > another form. Problem...

problem with mulit-column value list combo box
I am trying to read the values of 2 columns of the selected item in a multi-column combo box. cboField1 is the multi-column combo box cboField1.rowsource=3Dr1c1;r1c2;r2c1;r2c2;r3c1;r3c2..... cboField1 Row Source Type=3DValue List cboField1 Column Count=3D2 Me("cboField1").ItemData(2) gives me the value for column #1 in row #2 Me("cboField1").Column(1) gives me the value for column #2 in row #1 I can't find the syntax for getting the value for column #2 in row #2. Thanks for any help! THANKS! David G. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:38:31 -0500, Dav...

Hyperlink dialog box contains limited features
I would like to provide hyperlinks to items in my spreadsheet but have them open in a different window. Excel 2003 does not offer a "target window" option in the dialog box such as the one offered in FrontPage. Is there a way around this problem so I can veiw the hyperlink without leaving my worksheet? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

CRM 4.0 entity view column properties
Has anyone run into this? Using the Web Client, in customizations open an entity and one of the views. Click on a column heading and try to change its properties (the width of the column). I get an alert that says "Select the column whose properties you want to change". Clearly not recognizing that I've clicked on a column. Using the Outlook Client this works fine. Sort of strange... Hi Bob, You can know if a column is selected if it has green border surrounding it. Can you see this before you click on "Change Properties"? When you launch any View page (s...