Text Box Help/ideas

I have a text box where I insert text based on a button control using the
code below.  Is it possible to insert data in a table format in the
helpwindow text box.  Also,  am I limited to 255 charachters and is it
possible to wrap the test in the VBA code line HelpWindow.Text =
"this.........." with a space and underscore like in a message box.

Private Sub Help1_Click()
HelpWindow.SetFocus
HelpWindow.Text = "this is the text that will appear in the HelpWindow when
the help1 button is clicked"
End Sub

"Steve Stad" <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a text box where I insert text based on a button control using the
> code below.  Is it possible to insert data in a table format in the
> helpwindow text box.  Also,  am I limited to 255 charachters and is it
> possible to wrap the test in the VBA code line HelpWindow.Text =
> "this.........." with a space and underscore like in a message box.
>
> Private Sub Help1_Click()
> HelpWindow.SetFocus
> HelpWindow.Text = "this is the text that will appear in the HelpWindow
> when
> the help1 button is clicked"
> End Sub

1. A text box is not limited to 255 characters. A text field in a table is
limited to 255 characters. Is your text box bound to a text field in a
table?
2. I don't understand what you mean by "insert data in a table format".
3. Try leaving off the ".Text" or using ".Value". Check Help on the
difference between ".Text" and ".Value".
4. Also specify the shortcut "Me." to indicate where the control is located
("this form").
4. This will work to wrap text in the code line (and in my test, display it
in a control on the same form, named "HelpWindow"):
       Me.HelpWindow = "This is the code that will appear in the Help
Window" & _
       "when the help1 button is clicked"
   This, however, will not even compile properly:
        HelpWindow = "This is the code that will appear in the Help Window &
_
        when the help1 button is clicked"

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Office Access MVP

0
Larry
3/12/2010 8:01:53 PM
Larry,  thanks for your reply and sorry for delayed response back.
The text box is not bound to a control, i.e., it is an Unbound text box
where the text/msg changes based on the click() event of several help buttons
on the same form.  I have a list of 4 email addresses and phone numbers I
wanted to insert in the same text box in a list or table type format when
clicking a button.  I currently open a query to display another table but
wanted to try to insert the list in the same text box as the others.

"Larry Linson" wrote:

> "Steve Stad" <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a text box where I insert text based on a button control using the
> > code below.  Is it possible to insert data in a table format in the
> > helpwindow text box.  Also,  am I limited to 255 charachters and is it
> > possible to wrap the test in the VBA code line HelpWindow.Text =
> > "this.........." with a space and underscore like in a message box.
> >
> > Private Sub Help1_Click()
> > HelpWindow.SetFocus
> > HelpWindow.Text = "this is the text that will appear in the HelpWindow
> > when
> > the help1 button is clicked"
> > End Sub
>
> 1. A text box is not limited to 255 characters. A text field in a table is
> limited to 255 characters. Is your text box bound to a text field in a
> table?
> 2. I don't understand what you mean by "insert data in a table format".
> 3. Try leaving off the ".Text" or using ".Value". Check Help on the
> difference between ".Text" and ".Value".
> 4. Also specify the shortcut "Me." to indicate where the control is located
> ("this form").
> 4. This will work to wrap text in the code line (and in my test, display it
> in a control on the same form, named "HelpWindow"):
>        Me.HelpWindow = "This is the code that will appear in the Help
> Window" & _
>        "when the help1 button is clicked"
>    This, however, will not even compile properly:
>         HelpWindow = "This is the code that will appear in the Help Window &
> _
>         when the help1 button is clicked"
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Office Access MVP
>

> .

Need help to call Compact & Repair Database command from a office VB script
I have a VB script in Excel that runs something like SET db = opendatabase ("Filename") db.querydefs ("Run query 1" etc... What I'm doing is running a query to delete the data in the table, drop the indexes, load the data and then rebuild the indexes. I'd really like to throw in a compact and repair database as well to avoid the 2 GB data limit and the subsequent "invalid parameter limit". Can someone guide me how to run the compact database command please? Thanks. Public Sub CompactDatabase() On Error Resume Next dao.DBEngine.Compac...

Text Alignment problem
Pub 07 Win XP. Aligning one line of text re-aligns all text in the textbox. If I want the first line left justified, the second centered and the third right justified, I can't do it. Do I really need separate text boxes? -- Charles Joseph Silk Purse Productions In Publisher 2000 it can be done by putting the cursor at the start of the line and selecting the position wanted. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Max" <cmj@silkpurseproductions.comNOSPAM> wrote in message news:63084CB7-09E8-48FB-ACB8-2407F33DC0EC@microsoft.com... > Pub 07 W...

Format HTML Data As Text
We have a database file (linked by odbc) with a memo field that contains html data from e-mail messages. How can we reformat the data as text without the html tags? ...

Can I have a CRichEdit not select all text upon WM_SETFOCUS ?
Hy I have an CRichEdit derived class that implements a commands console. I would like the CRichEdit to stop selecting all text when I press Tab (because there is no other control in the dialog but a menu and the CRichEdit) and when some other pop-up window is opend by the parent dialog. Thank you "Timothy Madden" Romania "Timothy Madden" <batman@rmv.spam.home.ro> wrote in message news:3118d8F36ak0sU1@uni-berlin.de... > Hy > > I have an CRichEdit derived class that implements a commands console. > I would like the CRichEdit to stop selecting all text w...

problem with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add for text file
I am using ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add in Excel 2003 to import space-delimited text into a worksheet. The import works, but when I re-execute the macro with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add to import new data into the same sheet, all references to that sheet get shifted (i.e., what was a reference to cell B1 of the sheet with the imported data becomes a reference to cell C1. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks ...

Messages list missing in MFC ClassWizard dialogue box
I need to work on a old VC++ (rev 3?) project completed years ago. The project opens fine under VC++ 6, and it compiles/works fine, too Now, I open View->Classwizard..., and the Messagemaps tab. Select CMyNameApp for Class name, and CMyNameApp for Object ID, I can't see anything under the Messages list (where I see AddToRecentFilelist, DoMessgeBox, ...., in all my new VC++ projects) Anyway to bring them in? THanks! "Chen" <Chen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32FC4382-0964-4644-B4E8-98A9B2F1F99D@microsoft.com... >I need to work on a old VC++ ...

calculate null text field
Dear Helpers, I would like to creat a calculated field in a query that merch 3 text fields together, like, Index: [field A]&[field B]&[field C]. I don't want to replace the null field with anything so that if [field A] and [field B] are null and only [field C] contains data, the calculated [Index] field will look exactly like [field C]. Is it possible? I hope it is possible coz the Index field is a major field in my database. Thanks a lot to my helpers!! What happens if you type: [field A] & [field B] & [field C] into the Field row in query design, and choose A...

PopUp Form Help
I'm trying to create a pop-up form to allow users to enter data to table that main form is based on. Due to size of main form and because pop-up fields will only be used per certain entries on main form, I want to use a pop-up form to enter needed data. On the main form, I have the fields listed below. For example, if user enters "TypeOne" as a PType and then enters Model, AfterUpdate to Model field a pop-up form opens with fields for UnitGroupName and UnitModelName. I would like the UnitGroupName to be populated with "All TypeOne Products" when the po...

Outlook 2003 Font Changes When Replying Plain Text
Outlook 2003 is exhibiting a strange behavior when replying to plain text messages. After clicking the "Reply" button, the message appears in the Arial font. In about two to three minutes, the font suddenly changes to Courier which is the correct font. Why is it taking so long for the font to change? Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com ...

Pivot Charts Display Filter Box
I would like to have the filter box displayed on my pivot chart. My 2003 pivot charts no longer display the drop down box, how do I get it back? ...

Help monthly sales by person
Need formula to figure amount of sales per person in a given month. columns currently are: Inv#, Date, Sale, Net $, Salesman # Need formula for monthly sales per Salesman # Thank you -- Htoomuc Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i With your headers in Row1, from Columns A to E, And the datalist from A2 to E100, Enter the month and year to lookup in F1 (mm/yy), And the salesman's # in F2, And try this: =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(B2:B100,"mm/yy")=TEXT(F1,"mm/yy"))*(E2:E100=F2)*D2:D100) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------...

please help #3
In Money 2003, when I receive payment on an invoice, it automatically records it to my register. Is there any way around this? The reason is that I like to make one large deposit, and I want this large deposit to show in my register, not the individual ones. Thanks!! .. ...

my file still exists but is blank please help
I had a virus completely delete a file in my microsoft word 2000. It's old and I don't know what to do. The file name is still there but the text is blank, and I've tried several recovery progrms that haven't retrived it. Was hoping someone knew if word has its own back to retrieve things from and how to use it If the contents have been overwritten (and it certainly seems as if that is the case), there isn't anything you can do, I'm afraid. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "hanna" <hanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

PLEASE HELP: old Money 1998 and missing section
I was checking something I archived from 1999 and suddenly my whole bank account disappeared and every transaction that I had posted in the last 1 1/2 years went with it. I have no idea where they went; would anyone guess?? In microsoft.public.money, JA wrote: >I was checking something I archived from 1999 and suddenly >my whole bank account disappeared and every transaction >that I had posted in the last 1 1/2 years went with it. I >have no idea where they went; would anyone guess?? I would suspect that you specified an archive date that was after the last transaction...

Drop down box with country list
I have an excel application where I need a drop down box with all the country' names listed, ready to use (like the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control). Is there a way to get it and how? John -- john liem Enter the countries in a range (say column M) and then add a Data Validation (Data>Validation) and select the List option with a formula of say =M1:M100 or however many countries -- HTH Bob Phillips "john liem" <john.liem.1p8hhm@news.officefrustration.com> wrote in message news:john.liem.1p8hhm@news.officefrustration.com... > > I have an excel applic...

query help 01-08-08
My main table is called tblMain and this has an abundance of information in there. Each record has an ID called MainID. I need to do a 'search type query' on 4 fields . I have a primary business unit which each record must fill in (PrimaryBU). I then have another 3 related business unit fields (RelatedBU1, RelatedBU2, RelatedBU3). All 4 of these fields are linked to a lookup table tblBusinessUnit. I need to write a query that will prompt the user to type a business unit (I know how to do this part) and will then show any record which has that business unit in any of those 4 fie...

Help with econnect trying to create a contract for GP
Hi all, I am trying to use the serializer and create a contract/project and budget line items, i was wondering if anyone has some examples. When i use the serializer with contract, it drops off the pstat value in the xml document and then recive the error that a variable is empty. Thanks all ...

sorting text in 2 columns by likeness
I have 2 columns of text with number values associated with them. Amy 21 Amanda 12 Bill 12 Amy 18 Chris 32 Bill 23 Kathy 8 Chris 12 Kim 15 Curtis 32 Todd 23 Katrhy 21 Todd 5 I need to be able to sort these like this Amanda 12 Amy 21 Amy 18 Bill 12 Bill 23 Chris 32 Chris ...

Help with a Loop
How do I write a macro which loops this ? Sheets("Data1").Select Range("C5").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("ActivityData").Select Range("C4").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Link:=True Sheets("Data2").Select Range("C5").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Sheets("ActivityData").Select Range("C5").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Link:=True Sheets("Data3").Select Range("C5").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selecti...

Help with "current client" list
Hi All, I've got a table named tblClient that has a ClientID as PK. I've got a table named tblTransactions that includes a FK of ClientID and some other controls one of which is DateOfTrans that is the date the transactions happened. I need a query, one row per client, of anyone that has had a transaction since 1/1/2006. I've tried it on my own and I get something like 6 lines for John Smith, 11 lines for Harry Wilson, etc...and these lines correspond to the 6 transactions for John and 11 for Harry since 1/1/2006. Not what I need. I need just one line per cl...

Retrieving JUST text from a node with child nodes

HeLp
I’m using Visio beta 2 and I need to resize a shape “package” in “UML Use Case”. The shape is blocked, protected, but I can un-protect by going to “>>format >>protection” and clearing all the option but still I can re-shape it in height only in Wight. Can somebody help me?? Thanks ...

Formula help... #3
In column A there are cells with team names in them like the following: NYY NYY NYY @OAK @OAK @OAK BOS BOS BOS @TEX @TEX @TEX I would like column B to list all the team names without the @ symbol and column H to list all the teams with the @ symbol. For the example I would like column B to have NYY NYY NYY BOS BOS BOS =COUNTIF(A:A,"@*") and =COUNTIF(A:A,"<>@*") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jambruins" <Jambruins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:135965C4-7523-47AB-88DE-D0B12B652CD5@m...

Need more help.....getting error on pop-up calendar
In searching the posting for this user group, I found what I needed to create a pop-up calendar in my workbook. It works fine........up to a point. When I share the workbook I get an error message. I'm not a VBA person and wondered if someone could offer assistance with troubleshooting the error message. Here is the code I used to create the pop-up calendar Private Sub Calendar1_Click() ActiveCell.Value = CDbl(Calendar1.Value) ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy" ActiveCell.Select End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Tar...

Text size too small
How can I increase text size _here_? I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but I need it (to compose) at least two or three times this size. I wish to send in normal size, of course. I have the same problem when I read... (Before a recent reinstall I could use Ctrl and the mouse wheel to enlarge, but this doesn't work now :-((( ) "RT" <zulu.romeotangohotel@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:uYy09XpJLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I increase text size _here_? > I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but...