Text Box 05-21-10

I have the following event procedure on a text box:

Private Sub txtNotesOnTransaction_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
Debug.Print "User: " & CurrentUser() & " " & Me!txtNotesOnTransaction
End Sub

It is suppose to stamp the user name in the text box but it does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

PJ -

The debug.print will just display (in the immediate window of the code pane)
the name and the Notes.  If you want the notes saved with the name, do this:

Me!txtNotesOnTransaction = "User: " & CurrentUser() & " " &
Me!txtNotesOnTransaction

--
Daryl S

"PJ" wrote:

> I have the following event procedure on a text box:
>
> Private Sub txtNotesOnTransaction_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> Debug.Print "User: " & CurrentUser() & " " & Me!txtNotesOnTransaction
> End Sub
>

> It is suppose to stamp the user name in the text box but it does not work.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
In addition to what Daryl told you, hopefully you know that CurrentUser only
works if you're using a file format from Access 2003 or earlier and you've
applied Access User Level Security. Otherwise, it'll return Admin for all
users.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"PJ" <PJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the following event procedure on a text box:
>
> Private Sub txtNotesOnTransaction_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> Debug.Print "User: " & CurrentUser() & " " & Me!txtNotesOnTransaction
> End Sub
>

> It is suppose to stamp the user name in the text box but it does not work.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

0
Douglas

Color code quoted text
Is there no way to color code quoted text in the standard message reading view? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find anything about this. The newsreader in Opera does a terrific job of this, as do many other programs. Bob Graham Yes, but since you decided to keep secret the version of Outlook you are = using, all bets are off. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, rvgrahamsevatenein@sbcglobal...

when i type i am not seeing any text in Outlook 2003
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003, I don't know what happened but when I try to send an email nothing appears instead I only see read error lines on the screen. I have tried everything but nothing works. I cannot type because no text appears on my screen. I am not able to send emails. Please help!! After typing a couple of words that you do not see, try to highlight the area where you typed.What happens? Is your font colour set to white? Peter "tigka98@hotmail.com" <tigka98@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777622D7-4C61-432B-B8AD-5...

Using Logical OR on text in Conditional Formatting
I have a column with various text entries. I have created a conditional formatting rule for each type of entry but the formatting can be grouped together, so I would like a Conditional Formatting rule that says: If string contains "foo" or "bar" then colour red If string does not contain "yibble" or "wibble" then make bold etc. Any idea how I can do this rather thasn having to manage over 30 rules with each one looking for a single text entry type. Thanks Darius Try a formula of =OR(A2="foo",A2="bar") =AND(A2<>"y...

Upgrade to Windows 7 01-15-10
I am using Vista SP1 and I am planning to upgrade it to Win 7. How is the experience of it. Will I be in trouble? I ran upgrade program and it says that Netmeeting will not run and that's the program I am frequently using...please guide how I run NetMeeting in Windows 7 http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories "abcd" wrote: > I am using Vista SP1 and I am planning to upgrade it to Win 7. How is the > experience of it. Will I be in trouble? I ran upgrade program and it says > that Netmeeting will not run and that's the program...

Text box disappears on chart
I added a text box to a chart and when I click off of it, the text box disappears (goes behind the chart). I have tried Bring to Front and Bring Forward, and it may or may not stay visible and print. I have clicked on the frame of the text box (it changes pattern) and tried Bring to Front - same problem. Any ideas? Carole O The text box is on the worksheet, not the chart. To fix the problem, Select the text box, and choose Edit>Cut Select the chart (you'll see handles on its corners and sides) Choose Edit>Paste, to paste the text box onto the chart. Click away from the char...

How can I get the selected item number from a combo box?
How can I get the selected item number from a combo box. Say that combo has only two items: (Madam;Mister). If "Madam" is selected, I would like to get item number of Madam < it is zero in this example. Thank you You refer to the value via the name of the control. If it is multi-column, you append .column(number) to the name where number is 0 for the first column. -Dorian "mezzanine1974" wrote: > How can I get the selected item number from a combo box. Say that > combo has only two items: (Madam;Mister). > If "Madam" is selected, I would like to g...

Migration from 9.0 to 10.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C91A52.ECCB32B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everone, I could be wrong but 1.. Is there a simplified document or step-by-step follow up = available; to restore the data from ver.9.0 to 10.0 and make it = workable. 2.. I have tried to look for some, on CustomerSource/PartnerSource and = everytime I go there I end up seeing hundreds of docs. but no output. It = is not easy to find what is needed and almost every link points to = another lin...

How do I get a dialog box asking if I want to open a downloaded do
When I download a document, I would like a pop-up box to ask if I want to open the document. On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:02:01 -0800, Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I download a document, I would like a pop-up box to ask if I want to >open the document. It seems to me that would be a function of whatever program you're using to do the downloading. Is that Word? -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Excel 2007 VBA shape fill colour problem 02-11-10
I have a generic VBA routine that adds a specified shape to each cell within a target range on a worksheet and defines the Shape.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor property and the OnAction event. The OnAction event routine then toggles the Shape.Fill.Visible property on and off which should change the colour to the already defined Shape.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor property and back again, but the colour always defaults to turquoise rather than the colour I've specified. The code detailed below worked fine in Excel 2003, this appears to be a bug in 2007. --------------------------------...

If Question 02-03-10
Hi everyone Hope this isn't a silly question (as think I may have made it harder in my head than it needs to be! given all the formulas I'm putting in are bringing back errors!!) I have one worksheet which gathers info from other sheets and has the following info A B C D Name % % % In another worksheet I have a list of names (column M say M3) next to the names I want to put in a formula that will give me the following results: If M3 is in worksheet 1 and the corresponding cells to that name in b, c and d are all >0% write Yes...

Show Names drop down box not working
I recently graduated to Office 2003 and I'm having a problem I don't know how to get around. I want to send this email to a large number of people, so I want to select several names from one of my contacts folders. But it won't let me. Here are the steps I'm going through: From the Mail Screen, New, To, then I want to click on the "Show Names from the" drop down box, but it won't let me. When I click on the drop down arrow, nothing happens. I have used Outlook in its various versions for years and have always used this feature. These files were imported fr...

Text to Columns?
In my spreadsheet, from cells F1 to CA1, I have a list of titles. At the beginning of each of these titles is the words Out of Stock/. I would like to know if there is an easier way to get rid of these words other than text to columns. Right now, I insert a column next to one with text and use Text to Columns and choose "/" as my separator, and then I have to go back and delete all of the unwanted cells. I didn't mind doing this once, but now that I have to do it weekly, I need to find a faster way. TIA This is what it looks like now. F1 ...

No text in email body
mail delivered to my mail account has no text in the message body. This just started happening in the last few days ?? HELP !!! ...

send/receive dialogue box #2
I have ticked the box to remove details from my send/receive dialogu box. Cannot find how to get it back to show any errors etc. Thanks for any help Philk:confused ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Using text in a cell in a formula
I need to have a formula use the text of adjacent cells to determine where to look for values. I want to grab data from multiple datasheets but I don't want to have to type the sheet name in every formula, I want the formula to grab the name of the sheet from an adjacent cell. i.e. I need a formula like =if(sheet1!B2>0,100,""), but I need a function that will fill in the sheet name from the text value of an adjacent cell that would have the sheet name in it as I will be doing this for multiple cells on the same sheet. see your other post -- Biff Microsoft...

How can I capatalize text in a column?
I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How do I do this? I would dump the column into Word then do Format - Change Case - UPPERCASE then dump it back into Excel. I do not see this feature in Excel. "dgysr" wrote: > I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How > do I do this? will you get your desired results if you use the =UPPER() formula in another column? "dgysr" wrote: > I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How > do I do this? ...

force Excel to treat numbers as text
Sorry I searched this and no one seems to have a solution. I trie pre-defiming columns as text but it gets over-riden by the paste. Past Special doesn't do the trick.. paste special as text on tabular data coming from a web site puts mos of the data in the first column. It no longer spreads the columns o pasted data into its own excel columns the tabular data, tab delimited, I want to 'copy&paste' looks lik this: 1) OGRODOWICZ MARK M47 6306 BROOKLYN NY 533 446 41 24:00 23:25 7:3 20:58 2) CHAO DUSTIN M35 3738 NEW YORK NY 534 447 155 24:02 23:47 7:40 23:1 The paste should...

Using check boxes to limit a report.
I have a table which lists all possible items for a vendor. I want to create a form that shows all of the items. I want the user to be able to place check marks next to the items they want. I then want to run a report which shows all of the information about the items, but only for the items that had been checked. What is a good way to approach this? I can't seem to find a way to link the check boxes to the item table and don't know how to create a report once they are linked. Can someone please direct me on how to do this? Or at least to somewhere that I can find out how to do ...

Removing text from cells
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a list of reference numbers in column A. The numbers are like this. AAA/12345/Smith J Mr What I want to do is remove the text after the last / eg. Smith J Mr. I have thousands of cells I need to remove this on. Please help. Thanks. Hi Craig are all the entries the same number of characters for the first two sections, AAA/12345/ BBB/67890/ etc if so you can do this using a "helper" column - in column B type ==LEFT(A1,10) and then double click on the fill handle (bottom right hand side of cell) to fill down now copy column B click on A1 and ch...

Restructuring text data in excel? Pivot?
Hi! I have a large sum och data in the order below: Choice Course 1 Course 2 Course 3 Course 4 1 Name 1 Name 3 Name 2 Name 1 2 Name 3 Name 4 Name 4 Name 3 3 Name 5 I would like to structure it differently to the format below: Choice 1 2 3 Name 1 Course 1 Course 4 Name 2 Course 3 Name 3 Course 1 Course 2 Course 4 Name 4 Course 2 Course 3 Name 5 Course 1 Is this possible? I have been trying to use pivottables without any luck. Cheers and thanks, Pete Pivottables work with numbers (sum of, max of, average of). They won't work with text. And I don'...

How to customize the length of text preview in desktop alert
How to customize the length of text preview in desktop alert ...

Sort Column by Text Color or BackGrd Color
Does anyone have a method that allows you to sort by Text Color or by Background Color? Darn! It's so cold here in Massachussetts that my fingers hit the wrong key. Check out Chip Pearson's page. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm Good Luck, Mark Graesser mark_graesser@yahoo.com ----- Ken Dickens wrote: ----- Does anyone have a method that allows you to sort by Text Color or by Background Color? Ken, The principle is to create a UDF to calculate the Colorindex and add it to an adjacent column, and then sort by that column. Chip Pea...

Drop Down boxes #8
I want to create a drop down box where if no options are used within the drop down, then you are able to type your own answer You can enter any item in a cell with a data validation list, if you remove the check mark from 'Show error alert after invalid data is entered', on the Error Alert tab in the Data Validation dialog box. The box is shown here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal04.html#Error Brian wrote: > I want to create a drop down box where if no options are used within the drop down, then you are able to type your own answer -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ...

setup a text box as a lined page
I'd like to simulate text on lined paper. Is it possible in Word or Publisher? Thanks Find a lined paper background or graphic, put it on the Master page. On the the publication page create a text box. View, turn on baseline guides. Go to Arrange, Layout guides, baseline tab, adjust it to match your lined graphic. Select the text box, Format, paragraph, check align text to baseline guides. http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=lined+paper&gbv=2 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tridev" <tr...

I'm having problems inserting text files from notepad
When I try to insert a text file created in notepad, which contains characters such as £, $ or letters with symbols over them, into a text box in Publisher 2003 it comes up with a File Conversion window, and the options to choose the Text encoding option. This didnt happen in our older version of Publisher, on our old PCs. We have new PC running Windows XP and Office Professional 2003 and I want to be able to insert the files without this window appearing. I have checked the registry and CharacterSet value is set to ANSI. Any suggestions on what is happening and how I can correct...