Test linked form for data

Hi Groupies

How can I test to see if a linked form, that might not be visible, has data?

My main form has a yes/no box that enables a button when it is set to yes.
The button opens a linked form.  When the user moves to the next record, I
would like the main forms BeforeUpdate event to make sure that the yes/no
box is not set at No while there is data in the linked form for that record.

I have tried something like:

If Me.Form.frmVehicles.RecordsetClone.RecordCount > 0 And Me.CompanyVehicle
= False Then
    Cancel = True
    MsgBox "Please check vehicles", vbOKOnly
    Me.frmVehicles.Visible = True
End If

When I test it, things just hang up. Any ideas?
--
Thanks for taking the time!

CJ
Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups!

0
CJ

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

Public Folder link to Excel File

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro

macros entering data

test post
please delete this post ...

Picture control on a form
What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when the client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? -- Just Al Take a look at this and see if this is what you want: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/bmpdlg01.asp Tom "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BEA0FA2-3F95-4090-B908-A75DBF1D19DE@microsoft.com... > What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when > the > client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? > -- > Just Al Thank You! -- Just Al &...

If a worksheet name is = to test then a msgbox appears
I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. For example, if the name of a sheet in a workbook is equal to test then display msgbox saying sheet already exists. Thanks Vick dim ws as worksheet set ws = nothing on error resume next set ws = worksheets("test") on error goto 0 if ws is nothing then msgbox "doesn't exist" else msgbox "already exists" end if Vick wrote: > > I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. > > For example, if the name of a sheet in a w...

find data and autopaste when found

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

Disappearing data in sync'd forms