tables design and forms for setting up scheduling/accompl of clean

I am trying to set up tables, and forms for easy use for Maintenance dept.
for the cleaning of areas of the factory. There is a set required schedule
for each location in the plant. some areas are daily some weekly, some twice
a week, etc. When they click on the location( on the Map of the plant form)
I would like it take them to what is scheduled for that location for that day
- they would also need to check off what has been completed for that day.
Not sure on how to set up tables and form. Some fields I need are
locationid, job#, date, freq? , job desc. etc.

I would also like the option for them to check off each individual item that
was scheduled and accomplished for the DAY or us a single - ALL Done check
box to automatcally check off all.  Not sure how to set that up.

Any ideas???

Thanks,
Barb

Barb, I was wondering the same thing.  I have a list of benefits for an
employee that I want to be checked off and linked to the employee record. How
can I use a subform so that the checkbox creates a record in another table.
Varvara

"babs" wrote:

> I am trying to set up tables, and forms for easy use for Maintenance dept.
> for the cleaning of areas of the factory. There is a set required schedule
> for each location in the plant. some areas are daily some weekly, some twice
> a week, etc. When they click on the location( on the Map of the plant form)
> I would like it take them to what is scheduled for that location for that day
> - they would also need to check off what has been completed for that day.
> Not sure on how to set up tables and form. Some fields I need are
> locationid, job#, date, freq? , job desc. etc.
>
> I would also like the option for them to check off each individual item that
> was scheduled and accomplished for the DAY or us a single - ALL Done check
> box to automatcally check off all.  Not sure how to set that up.
>

> Any ideas???
>
> Thanks,
> Barb

OWA session Timeout (Form Based Auth )
Wondering if it is possible in Exchange 2003 SP2 to have different OWA timeout for different users using the same OWA HTTP VS to connect... If not, can a second HTTP VS on the same server as the first have different timeout, or is it a server setting ( I think it is done trough OWA web admin tool ) !!! Thanks !!! ...

Help building a filter on a form
Okay, I downloaded the Issue database template and simplified it greatly. Now, I can't get the "search issues" form to work. I have the following controls on my search form: Application (dropdown list) TextSearch (text field) I'd like to modify the existing code so that when I make an entry and click the "search" button, it will make the form footer visible (where the "browse_all_issues" form is imbedded as a subform). That part works. But, the next lines set the filter and turn it on... Me.FormFooter.Visible = True DoCmd.Mo...

Save n Refresh New Form
Hi All, I have use the 'Save' command button in the access2000. However, I need additional function when I click the 'Save' button. Click 'Save' - 'Yes' --> Save the data and then refresh into new form with the Log Number(Primary Key) increase to the next number No issue on the 'No' function. Pls help. Thank you. Private Sub SaveData_Click() On Error GoTo Err_SaveData_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Exit_SaveData_Click: Exit Sub Err_SaveData_Click: MsgBo...

Can you ignore table validation on query append?
Hello, I have a table that has validation: IIf([Document 1] Is Null,[Document 2] Is Not Null And [Document 3] Is Not Null,IIf([Document 1] Is Not Null,[Document 2] Is Null And [Document 3] Is Null)) This is because when my user fills out their form, they must select one choice from List A OR one item from List B and one item from list C. My problem is that I have an append query to add any new hires to the table in an autoexec. The append query is failing because I am not updating any data for the above Documents. Is there anyway for me to get around the table validation on my append? Any ...

Possible to disable scheduling in service activities?
Hi all, Our company is using service activities for RMA merchandise. Our goal is to create a case and then open a service activity within it that we can assign to the RMA dept (queue) when merchandise is coming back or being shipped out. I've been customizing the form to suit our needs, but I realized that the scheduling portion is mandatory. I thought I could just move those fields to another tab and just hide them, but when we try to submit a new service activity, it automatically displays that tab and requires the info... How can I disable the scheduling fields? Thanks, ...

Setting up a Form to be able to print
I have set up a form so as there are two pages (one after the other) on the form. When i view the first page of the form in Print Preview - there are two pages that i am able to print. However, when i print it out, only the "first page" of the Form prints. Any suggestions as to find out how to be able to print both pages of the form? You might try saving the form as a report, then adjusting the margins. Right-click on the form's name in the database window and choose: Save As then change the dropdown in the dialog to Report. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastr...

Managing Data Table
Hi, I need help to wrap the tex in Data Table. If any one knows how to do it, please let me know. Thanks for your help in advance. Yogesh Hi Yogesh What version of PowerPoint are you using? What kind of table is it and how did it get there (e.g. insert -> table, or a table connected with a graph)? If it's a graph, is it an Excel graph or an MSGraph graph? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Yogesh" <Yogesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68FDA89-6289-4341-8886-54C580...

Cleaning up Mailboxes before migrations
Exchange 5.5 SP4 Hi All, We are preparing to migrate from Exchange 5.5 to Exchnage 2003. Before we migrate the mailboxes we would like to clean up the calendar and Journal items. Our Exchange server is running on a Veritas cluster. We were looking at installing and running the mailbox manager to clean up the mailboxes but we are a little hesitant with it in our clustered environment and the up comming migration. Are there any other options out there for cleaning up mailboxes? Thanks, Luc you might want to have the users do it themselves...I always feel that they know best what t...

Stock count schedules
I have created 14 unique inventory stock count schedules and although I have the "reuse stock count" checked it is quite possible for "someone" to inadvertantly delete one of the schedules. Does anyone know what SQL table the stock count schedules are located in so I can copy them for a backup. Also is it possible to export an existing stock count list into Excel? I didn't see that option in the smartlist. Thank you, Vinnie T588 If you go to Tools --> Resource Descriptions --> Tables --> Microsoft Dynamics GP (Product) --> Inventory (Series) and or...

how to set the client size of richedit?in which window message?
i want to set the client size of richedit according to its the whole window size. i have already overridden WM_NCPAINT, but how i can set its client size? -- With best regards, Wenming Hu Wenming Hu, Is it WM_SIZE you are after (in case you want to size the control after the parent)? In that case, you must make sure the RTF-control is created in the WM_SIZE-handler, as this message will be sent for the parent before the children are created. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "wenming hu" <wenming_hu2002@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23KY6AyNsEHA.3336@...

Set up multiple email accounts on Outlook 2002, so that the mail .
I would like multiple email accounts, in separate folders, so my family, business and consumer mail do not comingle, whether sending or recieving. At present,, they are comingled, and I cannot find the right way to correct this. The easiest method is to use profiles, one for each purpose. Otherwise, you can use rules to move mail when receiving and sending. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching...

time & date settings
The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time. I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and date revert to the incorrect values. Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock and/or date correct? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Your computer's CMOS battery has run out of power and needs to be replaced. It means taking the computer apart, locating the battery (usually a CR2032 lithium battery) and replace.. -- Thomas Wendell Helsinki, Finland Translations to/from FI not always accu...

Calendar and Settings sometimes missing in CRM web interface
I refer to the message below from a few months ago, which Google informs me I can no longer post to... http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=E5891C96-F093-43BF-80D7-48E168ACD54E@microsoft.com Apparently there is a problem here that is caused by Outlook (with CRM client) being open when CRM web interface is loaded - that when this is done, the service schedule calendar is missing, and in my case, so is the Settings tab/section. Someone has suggested creating a different DNS alias for outlook to use to connect to the CRM, so that IE and Outlook are using different cookies. Has anyone el...

setting up Vista-microsoft mail-getting POP3 server error message
What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and service provider TWC or Time Warner Cable and the error message comes up. What should I do? Can you help me? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:27:09 -0700, "asilocreo" <asilocreo@microsoft.com> wrote: >What am I doing wrong? >Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about >the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and >service provider TWC or Ti...

Forms problem #2
Hi all, I've designed a form in MSO 2003 with a picture for a background and the bcc field having a default value. The problem is that when I send attachments through this form sometimes the recipient gets the attachment as a .dat file! I like the functionality of the form that I've created but the problem with the attachments is a big one! Any suggestions? -pnp Do not use Outlook Rich Text as the form message format. Use Plain Text or HTML instead. The winmail.dat is caused by clients that cannot understand RTF (all except Outlook/Eudora) wrapping the formatting in the .da...

Trusted Code Settings.
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. We currently have moved to outlook xp and we have a visual basic 6 program that sends email.Since moving to outlook xp when the visual basic program sends mail these prompt box's appear which tell there is a program trying access mail and you have yes no options. I was on the microsoft site and found a security features administrive patch which we downloaded you have a couple of options on this you can set the security settings for each user manually which works fine when we do it the boxs dont pop up.But There is another option that ...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

Forms like the Invoice Template
I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point me in the right direction to get started? Thanks, -- B Try: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c619eb3-950b-4fc3- 8df4-88fb9ee83dc6&DisplayLang=en Watch word wrap here... HTH "Bradley M. Small" <BSmall@XNOSPAMXmjsi.com> wrote in message news:u1ZKd9YvDHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice > template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point ...

Increase data type size in GP table?
I don't know whether this is supported or not, but we're planning to roll out the HR module on GP9, and one of the fields that is missing for job applicants is an email address. We'd like to use an extra field to hold this data, but the field length is too short to adequately contain that information. I'm wondering if I can change the length defined in the SQL table structure for that particular column, or, if doing so will likely mess up something else (stored procedures, mappings, etc.). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! Technically, yes. However, if you do that, you...

Can my form fill in a field, yet allow me to override?
Each customers is sent to us from a salesman, and we provide service for 1-7 days before the activity ends. A new charge is generated for each day of service. Employee #1 uses the customer service form to generate a bill, and includes the name of the salesman. Employee #2 uses the form to generate a bill on the next day, and has to look up the first bill, in order to know which salesman to record. The same thing happens every day until the activity ends. With each new referral for service, there's a strong chance it will be due to a different salesman, so the customer number an...

How set totals of various cells with per colour fill value?
I have a sheet containing values as follows. April May June company 1 43 company 2 5 company 3 17 The cell values are also coured to indice a status. Somewhere beside the table I want to mention the totals of the cells, per status (so per colour). How to perform the latter? Thank you. Bart Excell 2003 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working solution -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Eliminate / Hide Title Bar on a form
Is there any way in VB 2008 to hide the Title Bar on a form? I have a dedicated computer which is going to run only my application. I want to at a minimum to hide the Min/Max/Close buttons on the title bar, but would actually prefer to simply not have it at all. Thanks, John "John Tripp" <JohnTripp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5DE09C2-EB11-4DA9-A3E2-DDC3BEE54DAB@microsoft.com... > Is there any way in VB 2008 This group is for VB6 and earlier(VB Classic). VB.Net and all dotnet groups have either "dotnet" or "vsnet&qu...

word or excel documents as web forms
Dear Mr or Mrs, I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar goal before. We have numerous word and excel docs in our company. I was wondering if there is a way to create those as web forms and bind them to a database. We dont have a problem with creating a database to fit the need. I know that an easy workaround would be to code asp.net pages from the word and excell docs but i just thought it might be worth while to ask. Having the word docs and excel docs would make printing really easy and all formating. Looking forward to any advice Sincerely Dan If you are ...

Help with complex table lookup
I have a ranged defined in a spreadsheet that consists of a bunch of values. Some of the cells in the range may be empty. I also have 4 hidden lookup tables at the bottom of my spreadsheet. Using these 4 lookup tables, I know how to use the vector form of the LOOKUP function to determine the following individually: - Given the value in one cell, what is the corresponding "route" (lookup from table 1) - Given the value in one cell, what is the corresponding "set" (lookup from table 2) - Given the value in one cell, what is the corresponding "slot" (lookup from t...

IF ISNUMBER FIND in query design expression
I use the following formula in Excel and it works...I now want to do this in a query. Can I add it as an expression in the design grid in a seperate column and how does the syntax change? I will also want to use TRUE/FALSE for the result. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("TRANSF",H2)),"*", "") Try this -- My_Output: IIF(InStr([YourFieldName],"TRANSF")>0,"*", "") -- Build a little, test a little. "gator" wrote: > I use the following formula in Excel and it works...I now want to do this in > a query. C...