table and form not calculated in synch

Help says to open a piviot table but I am having trouble making my columns
add up to total for each indivudual ID. The totals are being calculated only
in th e form view which does not up date the original table and does not
transfer to a report.  How can I get a feild to calculate specific feilds so
that I can run these reports?

Undo dirty form after opening popup form
I have a subform within a main form. On the subform is an option group with three option buttons. When you click on any of the option buttons a popup form opens to which the user inputs a date. I need the user to be able to click a cancel button on the popup form that would close that form without saving changes and undo changes on the underlying subform (i.e. return the option button to it's original selection) that initiated the popup. Can someone help me with the right syntax to use in the code? Thanks much! I tried this behind the click event of the "Cancel" button on t...

Time synch problems sbs2003
Hi, My server is always about 12 minutes behind. Where does it get its time from, the bios? How (exactly) can I synch with an outside source for perfect accuracy? Thx, D Hi Dana: Try this: To sync the server to an Atomic clock on the internet: w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:time.nist.gov,0x8 /syncfromflags:MANUAL net stop w32time net start w32time w32tm /resync /nowait and make sure the Time service has been started on the server. If you run these commands and you see that time service is restarted everything should be ok on the server. Larry -Pleas...

Using Access form to assign values of variables in an Excel VBA program
I have created a VBA program for Ms Excel.But,to get desired results, every time, I go into the code to change the values of variables.Is there a way to get the values of variables stored in an Access table? YOu need to do a search for ADO method (ActiveX Data Object). There are plenty of example of code on the web. You need to add two references in your VBA to use the method. from VBA menu tools - References 1) Microsoft Access XX.X object library 2) Microsfot ActiveX Data Objects X.X library Use the latest versio of the two libraries on your PC. You will make a conn...

Table with FIFO Balances
Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, IV00102 has the quantities but I suspect your looking for IV10200 which has the history and the current FIFO layers. More info here: http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/09/weekly-dynamic-inventory-value-via-sql.html Mark (DynamicAccounting.net) http://www.dynamicaccounting.net On Oct 1, 3:44 pm, Jocelyn <Joce...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? > > Thanks, > Jocelyn ...

MONEY06 Return of Capital Calculation
The Return of Capital activity for Investment is a good one, except: I enter a positive return of capital when mutual funds do a return of capital distribution. I also need to use the Return of Capital activity for reinvestment of distribution. For this I enter a NEGATIVE return of capital. The Portfolio view cvalculates the positive and negative return of capital correctly as can be demonstrated with the adjustment in the cost basis after a return of capital. However, if one sells the investment and go to capital gains report. The Cap gains report ignores the negative return of ca...

Form Error (Query Update)
Hi, I have about 12 people to work on the database and each has own userID and password. Their UserID and Password input and the form link to the query that has the filter on "UserID and Password" for their input. The message said "Can't Update; Query Locked". Is there I do something wrong? I thought the form is the shared for everyone to input based by UserID and Password. Please help. Thanks We aren't there. We can't see how your database is set up. For instance, do you have a split database, with a single "back-end" file on your network an...

How do I get other email form my other accounts to show up
I have an email with hotmail, I would like to show up on my outlook and I have an email with my university, I would like to show up on my outlook. Is this possible and how if it is? How to Configure Outlook with Hotmail http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287424 How do I add a POP3 email account in MS Outlook 2003? http://support.ephost.com/Customer/KBArticle.aspx?articleid=3 "MIKE25" <MIKE25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC42F32B-FCB4-42C3-AA1D-E29D3E314DCA@microsoft.com... >I have an email with hotmail, I would like to show up ...

Transpose & offset data from a table
I have the following table and I would like to have each item on one row # Acc# Dr Cr # Count Info 1271 1030 4.67 1 3 Cr 2200 0.27 1 3 Dr 6050 4.41 1 3 Dr 1288 1030 7.87 2 2 Cr 6090 7.87 2 2 Dr 1617 1030 61.9 3 4 Cr 2200 2.59 3 4 Dr 6050 4.11 3 4 Dr 6550 55.2 3 4 Dr 1958 1000 45.9 4 5 Cr 1000 39.2 4 5 Cr 2200 4.01 4 5 Dr 6310 37.4 4 5 Dr 6630 43.7 4 5 Dr There is info that can help with determining items Count - checks how many items should be transposed Info - provides the information whea...

sum tables cells using row and column conditions
Hi, i need to sum the values in a table based on a name match in COLUMN B and a text match in ROW 4 - say for each occurrence of "Jim Smith" in range B7:B505,when "text" appears in range E4:GC4, SUM all cells which will contain number values- so if:- text1 text2 text3 text1 Jim Smith 3 6 2 4 Sue Brown 1 5 1 7 Mark Bosman 2 9 3 6 Jim Smith 5 4 2 3 the result would have ...

Problem with TOC using various TOC styles in the same table (Wrd20
Hello, I'm having a weird problem with the table of contents. I have been editing a long document and am regularly updating the TOC. I have just noticed that the spaces between the lines were various in the TOC and thus used the style inspector to find out why. It appeared that TOC 1, TOC 2, TOC 3, TOC 4...styles were all there in the TOC. I have no idea why, I'm creating the TOC repeatedly, removing or replacing the previous one and when creating, I'm choosing TOC 1 as the style but when the TOC is inserted, the problem is the same. Single space here, 1.5 space th...

Calculated field IM
Hi I am writing an integration to bring in Receivables Transaction in GP V9 I would like to be able to have a script attached to the Amount field to add 2 fields on my source file to get the value for the Amount. Don't seem to get the syntax correct - can anyone help? thanks Jean In the field script, you can use something like this: CurrentField = SourceFields("SOURCE.FIELD1") + SourceFields("SOURCE.FIELD2") Where SOURCE is the name of the data source, and FIELDx is the name of the field in the data source. You don't need SOURCE if you only have 1 data sour...

Form Speed
Hi All, Has anyone noticed speed improvements by writing less code in the actual form module and keeping most of the code in a seperate module? Matt wrote: > Hi All, > > Has anyone noticed speed improvements by writing less code in the > actual form module and keeping most of the code in a seperate module? No, the reverse is probably true, but only by microseconds. Forms are slowed by the abundance of data. Limit the data by using queries on properly indexed tables, and you speed up forms immensly. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access ...

Disable/Enable all controls on a form based on value of another control
What is the best to way to exclude a specific control (or controls) from the following condition? (e.g., I would like to exclude SubjectID and MRN from being Enabled or Disabled): ### Dim Ctl As Control On Error Resume Next If IsNull(Me.SubjectID) OR IsNull(Me.MRN) Then For Each Ctl In Me.Controls Ctl.Enabled = False Next Ctl Else For Each Ctl In Me.Controls Ctl.Enabled = True Next Ctl End If ### I'm using this to ensure that the user enters the SubjectID and MRN *before* entering more data for the subject. By disabling all the...

How can we make a control in a form to a required field
Hello, My form is based on a query which consists of 3 tables: 1. Inovices 2.Supplier 3.Projects There is a tendency save the record without filling in the supplier number and when they want to update the record they can not see anymore the record. Wht is the VBA in the controls/field of the form that supplier number and project number are compulsory meaning they can not save the record if they leave thses 2 fields missing Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang Frank, Don't go about this in VBA. Put the restrictions in the table design by setting the field properties to requi...

When Load Form
I would like for my textbox to update when my form loads. I tried the following code, but my textbox just stays blank. Private Sub Form_Load() Text0.Text = "hello" End Sub Any ideas? On Jul 4, 10:51 pm, "Tim McGavin" <n...@gsw-inc.com> wrote: > I would like for my textbox to update when my form loads. > > I tried the following code, but my textbox just stays blank. > > Private Sub Form_Load() > Text0.Text = "hello" > End Sub > > Any ideas? Try this Text0.Value = "hello" On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 23:51:25 -0500, "...

Data from Excel to Access Table
Hello, I have this code setup in Excel but I want to be able to upload multiple rows at one time. Is there a way to incorporate this into my code? Also, is there a way to upload cells that are blank as well? Right now it won't allow me to upload cells that are blank. Can this be done? Sub UploadData() Dim MyCn As ADODB.Connection Dim SQLStr As String Set MyCn = New ADODB.Connection MyCn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & _ "DBQ=\\Bcar1\bcar-net\Quality-ISO\Quality-Control\BC-Quality-Control\BC QA mdb\BC Quality Action Database.mdb;SystemDB=\...

Contact Form
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003. How can i create a new form and use it? Thanks See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "B_" <me@theworld.com> wrote in message = news:42cedb50$0$96970$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Hello, >=20 > I'm using Outlook 2003. >=20 > How can i create a new form and use it? >=20 > Thanks >=20 > Tools->Forms->Design...

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...

Convert QuickBooks time format to excel to calculate
When I export a Quickbooks "Time by Job Summary" report to Excel, the time is converted in a time and date format. If I want to put a dollar amount to that time, it needs to be converted into a number format. I can easily convert the time for anything less than 24 hours using =(D18-INT(D18))*24. How can I easily do that for any time greater than 24 hours? Give some examples of the type of data you want to convert. Are you trying to get the date into one column and the time (in Excel format) in another column, or are you saying that a time of say 5.5 days is showing up a...

Synch Outlook with smartophone
I can't seem to synch my Outlook 2003 contacts & calendar with my motorola Q smartphone. Is this a function 2003 can do, or do I have to upgrade to 07? Do not multipost -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "57jkcamp" <57jkcamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01A96BE5-A5F8-4E75-A7FE-58C6CC8CEE18@microsoft.com... >I can't seem to synch my Outlook 2003 contacts & calendar with my motorola >Q > smartphone. Is this a function 2003 can do, or do I have to upgrade to 07? On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 11:09:44 -0400, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook...

Line Item Comment Text On Forms
Good morning. I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoices). At present, this field shows but only 4 lines of text and only so wide. I would like to get infinite lines of text with the field growing or shrinking as need be on the form. Would appreciate any advice here. cheap ugg > On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:50 AM Mark Plaideau wrote: > Good morning. > > > > I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoi...

Add new fields to a form
Access Newbie here. I created a simple little Contacts database and emailed it to my data entry person who is in another city. She has already entered quite a few records. Now I would like to add a couple of new fields to the form. Whats the best way to do that? Is it possible for me to email her the new form and she can import it into her database? James The database should be split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables and relationships). In that way, anytime you need to make an application ch...

Table with 'No Lines'
Using Publisher 2002 .... To prevent tables slipping I've tried Ctrl 'M' and creating a table on this page. I select all and colour the lines in black. (This creates a slipproof template) I then copy using Ctrl 'C' Back to original page, Ctrl 'V', the table I copied is now positioned exactly on top of the under page. I want to change this table into "No Lines" in order that I may type in the data using the 'tab' key to proceed to the next box. *exactly* but I'm unable to carry out this function. I'd appreciate guidance please. John ...

Run-time error 2137 Received On Form Open
Hi All, I have a switchboard that enables users to add, edit, or view reports. My edit button runs a marco that opens my form but then also runs code Find(). This has worked for a few years but now a user receives the run-time error 2137 when they click that button. Any ideas on the fix or should the user upload another copy of their front end? It is running on Access 2003. Thanks. Is it one user or are there multiple users which get the error. Has a service pack been installed? Take a look here: http://www.allenbrowne.com/bug-Access2003SP3.html First start by co...

Not wanting to displaying certain forms
I have a form, where I have 2 check marked boxes "Can recall" and "Do not call". What do I need to do to skip the forms that are marked "Do not call"? Thanks, Bob I have 2 different answers for you, depending on what I think you meant. 1. If you have a continuous form, you can lock the rows marked as do not call. Put code on the current event of the form like this: If Me.DoNotCall = True Then Me.ControlName.Enabled = False Else Me.ControlName.Enabled = True End If 2. Perhaps you are asking about hiding the rows marked as do n...