Tabbing into continuous subform ignores the first control

When I tab into the subform, from the last position in the main form, the
focus moves to the second control in the continuous subform except on the
first record entered in a session. I shift+tab back to the first control and
the tabbing is normal from then on until the next record gets to the
subform.
 The order of the controls on the subform is the same as the fields in the
underlying table and the effect is the same in Datasheet view (of the
subform).

This first control on the subform is a combo box if that effects anything.
Is there a way to get the tabbing right?
ern.

0
ernie

No, I thought the order would be the same as the table so I put the controls
in the same order as that. I did look at tab order setting in the Design
view
of the subform, it is correct.

I seem to have an explanation for the behaviour:

 I have been returning to the next record in the main form after entering
the last on the subform by Ctl+Tab which seems to leave the"subform focus"
in the second control. If I tab to the next record in the subform before
Ctl+Tab it leaves the focus in the first control and tabbing back into the
subform acts as expected except in one respect:

This first control on the subform is a combo box with a dropdown expression
in the "On got focus" event.
This expression gets executed when I return to the main form so the combo
box is dropped down until the focus moves into a combo box on the main form
(which has the same expression and therefore drops down). When the focus
tabs into the subform the expression is ignored on the first record,
subsequent visitations cause the dropdown as expected. I may need a
different event to get the wanted behaviour.

 Sorry for the unnecessary post and thank you
Regards,
ern.

"Klatuu" <Klatuu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Did you set the tab order in design view of the subform?
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "ernie" wrote:
>
> > When I tab into the subform, from the last position in the main form,
the
> > focus moves to the second control in the continuous subform except on
the
> > first record entered in a session. I shift+tab back to the first control
and
> > the tabbing is normal from then on until the next record gets to the
> > subform.
> >  The order of the controls on the subform is the same as the fields in
the
> > underlying table and the effect is the same in Datasheet view (of the
> > subform).
> >
> > This first control on the subform is a combo box if that effects
anything.
> > Is there a way to get the tabbing right?
> > ern.

0
ernie

Controls Sorting
Hello All I Have A Form With Many Controls And I Enable The User To Resize These Controls So I Want To Ask How Can I Arrange These Controls (Height Only) To Remove The Empty Vertical Spacing Without Loosing The Order Of The Controls Thanks And Happy New Year I am beginning to suspect that you are a troll. In any case, I will not answer any questions which are so annoyingly formatted (with all the initial letters capitalised) and hopefully no-one else will either. "Developer" <shamijewelerjo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eNqeT14SIHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

Restricted number of records in form and subform
Hi everybody, I have a form which updates a table that contains among other fields: "Month" and "Employee Name". For each month and each employee there is ONLY one record allowed. How can I check if the user of my DB is inserting a second record for the same month and employee and prevent him from saving? Somebody suggested I make a condition in the BeforeUpdating but I am a beginner with Access and can't really write CODE. Could somebody help me with this? (show me the procedure in SQL). In the same form I also have a subform in which I am only allowed to insert 5 r...

Tab movement
I am working on an employee time sheet and have locked all the necessary cells. I would like to TAB thru the unlocked cells up and down instead of from left to right, is this possible?? What version of Excel are you using? In Excel 2002 and later, you can choose "Select Unlocked Cells" and clear "Select Locked Cells" from the Protection dialog. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mike R" <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D977DEEE-451B-4B1C-87CC-A87288AAEC0E@micros...

Dynamic form, columns of subform based on a table that changes with each application
Hello! I want to make a form/subform that can be used across clinical trials. The form container for the subform won't change. However, the columns of the sub-form will change based on records in a table. I have a table of subjects with unique identifiers. I have a table of vital signs. The vitals collected for each study will be different. The vitals are collected at multiple time points. I want the subform to show the unique identifiers for the subjects as the rows and the columns to be the vital signs. Once collected on the form, I'd like to transpose the vitals into one vi...

Resetting subform filters
Hi all. I have a form with two unbound subforms. The main form has a combobox whose selection I use to filter *both* subforms. Code called on after update: Private Sub cmbMyCombo_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(cmbMyCombo) then _ cmbMyCombo=-1 if cmbMyCombo=-1 then me.frmSubForm1.Form.FilterOn = False me.frmSubForm2.Form.FilterOn = False else me.frmSubForm1.Form.Filter="myComboId=" & cmbMyCombo me.frmSubForm1.Form.FilterOn = true me.frmSubForm2.Form.Filter="myComboId=" & cmbMyCombo me.f...

Form.Subform.Subform.LinkMasterFields
Hi What is the correct way to do this? [Forms]![FM_MainDetails]![FMS_Boat_subform]! [FMS_JobDetails].LinkMasterFields = "BoatJobNo" I get an error message: Object doesm't support this method. Stapes You need to include the .Form bit: [Forms]![FM_MainDetails]![FMS_Boat_subform].Form![FMS_JobDetails].Form.LinkMasterFields = "BoatJobNo" Explanation: Referring to Controls on a Subform at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-04.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, r...

The difference between putting textbox on page and subform
Hello, On the Access sample for Address database, I see on the form, tabcontrol, on page1 is directlly put textbox on page and on the other page the form is put. What is the difference of these 2 ways. What is the purpose Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang Putting a textbox directly on the tab control, the text box can use the recordsource of the form the tab control is on and be bound to a field in that recordsource. To use a SECOND (or more) recordsource (i.e. different tables) you can use a subform to be able to do that. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ...

Outlook asks for Disk to continue then doesn't when inserted
When I go online to mail from my work's email I have a problem with replying to messages. The system wants me to insert the disk and won't let me continue. When I insert the disk and click on OK it says I don't need the disk . What do I do with this problem???????? Thanks. Stewart Bruce 780 415 2597 ...

ignoring hidden rows
is there anyway using grouping i can do a sort ignoring the hidden rows? example: Rows hidden 1:12, 52:71, 111:130, 170:189, 229:236 Rows Visible 13:51, 72:110, 131:169, 190:228 Many thanks, Steve On way is to *copy* the visible cells to another location, and then sort the copy. Select the cells in question, then hit <F5>, Click "Special", Click "VisibleCellsOnly", <OK> Now, right click in the selection, and choose "Copy", Navigate to a section of the sheet where there are *no* hidden rows, and then simply "Paste" and sort on the cop...

Should I use Publisher or Word for creating my first website?
Hello, I am creating a website for the first time. It is for a graduate course, and will not actually be "uploaded" to the world wide web. Do any of you have any advice as to which software I should use? I have the choice of either Publisher 2003 or Word .. I am looking for ease of use, but also want the site to look decent, as I will be graded on it. Thanks for any help! ps I noticed that there is no longer a wizard for creating web pages in word .. is there one for Publisher 2003? Like I said in the other newsgroup - NEITHER. Use a real web design program. (And please don...

XP Sheet tabs
Hello there, I have upgraded to Excel XP and all my sheet tabs appear white at the bottom whether they are linked or not. Could someone help me please?? Julie In XP you can change the sheet tab colour so I guess someone has changed them all to White! Right click on the sheet tab and choose tab colour to change to a colour of your choice. HTH Sheila "JudithJubilee" wrote: > Hello there, > > I have upgraded to Excel XP and all my sheet tabs appear white at the bottom > whether they are linked or not. Could someone help me please?? > > Julie Okay took awhi...

Code to continue code on next line
I have a pretty long piece of code that I'd like to space out over multiple lines for easier reading and future handling and I know I've seen a special On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:37:01 -0800, Pamela <Pamela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a pretty long piece of code that I'd like to space out over multiple >lines for easier reading and future handling and I know I've seen a special The line continuation signal is a blank followed by an underscore at the end of the line: FirstLine Of Your Code _ and then the second -- Joh...

Aroma ARC-914S Cool-Touch 8-Cup Rice Cooker and Steamer, White with Silver Control Panel
List Price:$29.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000ZMD5I2 Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000ZMD5I2 I purchased this rice cooker as a gift for my 27 year old son. He really loves rice and "minute rice" just isn't real rice as far as I'm concerned. I have an Aroma rice cooker myself and thought the ease of the one-touch button system would be perfect for my son (and his room-mates). Two weeks after his birthday he told me the rice cooker was "a hit" in his house, and they use it constantly for all sorts of rice,...

Trendlines to ignore empty cells
Hi I have five years of data and the x axis is set for 6 years to allow the chart to fill up as new data is input. When I add a trendline it seems to include these empty cells. In fact, the cells contain a formula but have managed to get the data plot to not be zero by using the NA() function which I found in another thread. Any ideas how I can get the trendline to only use the actual data for its calc rather than plotting along the whole of the x axis? Much appreciate your advice Keith This example will allow you to have a dynamic linear trend line that recalculates and moves with the...

Convert a tabbed worksheet into separate files
I have a workbook with about 10 tabs of different worksheets. The worksheets have some formulas between them. I need to separate the worksheets into separate files and retain the formulas if possible. Thanks John Right click on each tab and select move or copy. Move the sheets to a "new workbook" then save that workbook. Formula references should remain intact. Leave all of the files open until you have completed the task. Also, it would be a good idea to back up the file just in case. (Open it then use Save As to save under a new name.) PC "John G." <jcg@t...

In Excel, how do I change the number of columns that the TAB key .
In Excel, my TAB key sends the cursor from column A to column Z (not to the adjacent cell). How to fix/change this? Tools|Options; open Transition tab and uncheck Transition Navigation Keys Your system is set to mimic Lotus -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "petroMacK" <petroMacK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3880072-5C76-4DDF-8EBD-4B4369B423D4@microsoft.com... > In Excel, my TAB key sends the cursor from column A to column Z (not to > the > adjacent cell). How to fix/change this? ...

Quest: Creating a panel of controls in an ActiveX control... #3
I want to make a panel with some Windows Controls on it using ActiveX w/ full MFC or ATL support. I been looking thur app templete all day and cant find a start project for this. Now I know how a standard modeless dialog with its titlebar and border styles turned off make to the panel but I am having trouble creating the actual ActiveX project that host the panel. How do I create the project and use it in another like an MFC exe dlg app... I am using VS.Net Pro 2002 so what is the best way to get started here... Any help... ...

worksheet tabs missing
I recently changed from Excel 2003 to 2007 office standard. I have worked this file in the new office twice but now problem. I opened file with two worksheets and updated one sheet as well as changing the number of lines to print in a macro. Went to change to other sheet and can not find Tabs that were there. It appears that bar is missing or has been replaced by the status bar. Please tell me how to get my sheet tabs back. SG "shakey" <shakeyATsonic.net> wrote in message news:ekjK6utXIHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I recently changed from Excel 2003 to 2007 offic...

Tab out of combo box?
I have embeded a forms combo box in an Excel spreadsheet. Everything seems to be working the way I want it to with one exception. After selecting or entering a value I can't tab out of it to go to the next cell. Can this be changed? Thanks ...

Updating subforms
I have a form that I'm using to show sales relating a specified month. On this form I have 3 combo boxes - One to select the company, one for the month and one for the year. I have created a query which takes all the fields from the sales table. I have added this query as a subform, so that each sale can be seen. What I was hoping to do is have the subform display the sales once the user has selected the company, month and year in the combo boxes. On the query, I have set the criteria for these three fields to match the combo boxes on the form. ie: the criteria for the company fiel...

setting tab order of edit boxes
i made a edit and combo boxes dynamically at run time. now i want to set the tab order of that boxes. i used setwindowpos() but it did not work, i am facing problem in giving parameters . please help me in detail. thanks. "wasiq akram" <wasiqakram117@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146307384.161817.86650@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > i made a edit and combo boxes dynamically at run time. now i want to > set the tab order of that boxes. i used setwindowpos() but it did not > work, i am facing problem in giving parameters . please help me in > detail. > ...

How can I take control ID from Spy++?
Hi dear! I'd like to move a scrollbar's tap to end of range which is refered to CFileDialog. In order to that, I have to use GetScrollRange(,) and SetScrollPos(,) in CFileDialog class. So far, I couldn't connect to GetScrollRange function because didn't know the scrollbar's real control ID. Someone said me that I should handle the Spy++ application program. But still I couldn't succeed. Hope anyone would help me please. --- problem code in my program----- CFileDialog dlg(TRUE, sFi , NULL, OFN_HIDEREADONLY|OFN_NOCHANGEDIR| OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT,//|OFN_...

What to do with First-Chance exception
Hello All. When I load my app in debuger output window I get messages like this: "First-chance exception at 0x793fbc81 in xx.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: COleException at memory location 0x0012f7cc.. Warning: constructing COleException, scode = DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND ($80020003)." Is it worth to bother with them? I'm using MSVC 2005 Windows 2k, all Service Packs, and my app loads some ActiveX controls. >When I load my app in debuger output window I get messages like this: >"First-chance exception at 0x793fbc81 in xx.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: >COleExcepti...

displaying a single text character for a number value on a subform
I have a form called "clients" that has a combo box field for an e-mail subscription. The choices are unsubscribed (underlying value=0), subscribed (underlying value=1) & not subscribed (underlying value=2). This info also shows on a subform on a form called "companies". I would like for the data onthis "companies" subform to show U for value 0, S for value 1 and N for value 2. I am stupped in how to do this. Thanks for any hints/help Ken Gehle "Ken Gehle" <KenGehle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E83049A-1308-4E08-9C...

Unprotection For ActiveX Control
I have a protected sheet but would like others to manipulate Spin Buttons (ActiveX variety) to change some of the data. But if the sheet is protected I can't use the spin buttons even when the cells to be manipulated are unprotected AND the spin buttons are unlocked. Is there ANY way to get around this without having to unprotect the entire sheet every time I use the spin buttons?? Thanks, --Abe Do you have a linkedcell? Is that cell locked? Can you unlock that linkedcell? You could put the linked cell on another sheet (or even in an unlocked hidden cell (hidden column or h...