Tab out of header

I have a "add record" button in my form header (looks nicer), when I press
tab it only goes to objects in the header. How can I have it where the user
presses the "add record" button and either has it go directly to the details
section, or when they press tab after hitting the "add record button" it goes
to the details section? I'm not good at all with code so being specific would
be a great help?

Noe

noe1818

A simple solution would be to add a line to the "Add record" button code of

DoCmd.GoToControl "YourControlName"

Where "YourControlName" is the name of the first control the user will
normally start their data entry.

I normally add this to all my "Add Record" command buttons.

Hope this helps ...

--
Boyd Trimmell
aka HiTechCoach

Boyd

Want to make complex header on 2nd and 3rd page
I need to make a quotation which consists of a first page, thats fully on its own and then two pages which has a same header. The header, though, consists of quite a lot of text and also a company logo and that was byond the header functionality. How to get the 2nd and 3rd pages with a complex upper part? Bart Exc 2003 ...

Writing to Excel header from Access
I am designing an Excel data report for my customer. The data is stored in Access 2000 so I need to write it into Excel. Everything is working fine except the barcode file name I have to put in the right header. My customer says they can not scan it. (I use the same barcode in the body of the report and they can scan it.) Here is the code I am using. ws.PageSetup.RightHeader = "&R&12" & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & strFileName & Chr(13) & "&""3 of 9 Barcode""&15strFileName" strFileName is the file name. It...

How do I print the 1st column as a row header in each page?
This is a simple question that I could not format correctly in order to get an answer from the Help file. Duh...would someone please point me to the proper Help topic? Thank-you! Found it! File/Page Setup/Sheet/columns to repeat on left...Thanks! "Lighthouse1" wrote: > This is a simple question that I could not format correctly in order to get > an answer from the Help file. Duh...would someone please point me to the > proper Help topic? Thank-you! Do you want to print the first ROW at the top of each page? File | PageSetUp ; open Sheet tab and set Rows to Repe...

unable to delete headers in excel
I used to have windows 95, my new m/c has windows xp. It seems to be set up in a certain "mode". I'm unable to delete headers and or footers in excel . I do not wish either George Hi I don't think the operating system is to blame! Which version of Excel are you using? Try going to File/Page Setup/Header&Footer tab, The drop-down menus should give you a 'None' option. Hope this helps. Andy. "blank flange" <blankflange@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:603F413B-2CD3-4929-B905-0D40074925A9@microsoft.com... >I used to have win...

Tab down instead of right in protected cells
Is there a way to decide the tab order in a worksheet when certain cells has been locked and protected? I know it is possible in Access, what about Excel 2003? >> what about Excel 2003? No. Right and then Down 24/7. -- Jim "Ingibjorg Hinriksdottir" <IngibjorgHinriksdottir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BAB0831-F2B8-4899-A57D-13E1283865D5@microsoft.com... | Is there a way to decide the tab order in a worksheet when certain cells has | been locked and protected? I know it is possible in Access, what about Excel | 2003? a stretch, but here'...

Tabbing into continuous subform ignores the first control
When I tab into the subform, from the last position in the main form, the focus moves to the second control in the continuous subform except on the first record entered in a session. I shift+tab back to the first control and the tabbing is normal from then on until the next record gets to the subform. The order of the controls on the subform is the same as the fields in the underlying table and the effect is the same in Datasheet view (of the subform). This first control on the subform is a combo box if that effects anything. Is there a way to get the tabbing right? ern. No, I thought the...

sheet tab
I want to increase font size of name 's sheet. What should I do?, Can you help me?,,Pls thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=38f461ab-99f6-47aa-b5ea-15e79e3d27c2&dg=microsoft.p...

synchronizing new e-mail ( headers only option)
Hello. there is an option to synchronize mail full message or header only or new message in outlook express. I just want to synchronize Headers of new e-mail only wheni check for new e-mail..( you know there is so much spam now ad ays..i just do't want to open any new e-mail in my e-mail inbox until i know it is not spam...) please reply with a solution. Thanks. rao You can use an IMAP account in OE to accomplish this. Please note, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting...

Hidden permissions tab in EForms/Registry
I am trying to install an Outlook form for IHateSpam. During the forms installlation I receive an error to check permissions. I went to the registry added a key ShowSecurityPage and changed the value to 1. This allowed me to see the permissions tab in public folders, but I still cann't see permission in the EForms/Registry ...

Analysis section does not show on Data tab
HI all, Excel 2007 I was going through some tasks today and working on my laptop. When I needed to use the Solver I found that the Analysis section on the Data tab was not displayed. When check the same document on my desktop that section is clearly displayed. Here are the two Data tabs, one is the laptop on which it does not show up, and the other is the desktop where it does. http://datacomptech.com/Pictures/Excel%202007%20Data%20tab%20ribbon.png (image is located on my business website) The Laptop screen is 17: wide, and the desktop is 22" wide, but, I am not sure that is th...

Please Help: compare values in two columns present in seperate tab
Hi All, How can I compare values in two columns (columns are in different tables) ? I also want to display the values that dont match in a seperate table. For eg: If values in Column1 from Table1 does not match Values in Column1 from Table2 then display those values in a seperate table Is there a way to do this? THanks in advance Here's one way: http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/query/distinct_vs_distinctrow/unique_values_records.asp -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "sam" wr...

On the keyboard, how do I toggle between tabs on a spreadsheet?
Ctrl+ page up page down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "BMBCNJ" <BMBCNJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:543135E6-6064-4951-85B7-A77728364666@microsoft.com... > ...

reference sheet tab name in a cell
I want to add the name of the tab in a cell on my worksheet Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html In article <7633BADA-2219-4710-9ADC-189E46BEAA33@microsoft.com>, "wendyvan" <wendyvan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to add the name of the tab in a cell on my worksheet ...

How do I sort tabs automatically?!
Excel2002/Win2K Hi Anyone know an automatic way to sort the tabs (of sheets within a workbook) into alphabetical order? Obviously one can drag them manually but when you have a lot of tabs (and you cant see them all on one screen) this becomes a damned nuisance. Is there a way to do it automatically using some tool? Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi have a look at the following site for some code to do this http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shiperton Henethe wrote: > ...

Is it possible to add my own header to an email in Office Outlook or Outlook Express?
Hi all, I mean something like followings: X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com or X-MyHeader: 123456 I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to this by an email application. Thanks in Advance Afshar Mohebbi > I mean something like followings: > X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com > or > X-MyHeader: 123456 > I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to > this by an email application. For Outlook, you'd need to do it via code. I'd start at http://www.outlookcode.com. For OE, you'll wan...

Changing Chart Tab Reference
If I have two tabs in my Excel workbook, one which contains some financial information for a company and several graphs and the other which which contains the data the goes into the graphs. If I want to copy these two tabs several times so that I can have the financial information and graphs for several different companies in my workbook, is there an easy way to update the tab that the graphs reference without manually changing the reference in source data on each individual graph? Thanks for the help! ...

Header file help
Sir, I am presently doing an application work in VC++.I am doing the coding for "Virtual CD ROM Drive".In this I am not getting one headerfile i.e "#include<ntddcdrm.h>".In msdn you mentioned the path windows nt DDk which I am not having.I am kindly requesting you to provide this header file through mail. thanking you your faithfully Kiran. Hello, You downloads ntddcdrm.h from the following link, http://cvs.winehq.com/cvsweb/~checkout~/wine/include/ntddc drm.h?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain Regards, R.Selvam >-----Original Message----- >Sir,...

How to use the Details Tab area
On the Details tab, the last entry is an item named: UPDATE LIST: How do you place people's names into this area? It is always grayed out. It performs a great function of updating the people on the line. mKing, you and I can't add names to the Task Update List directly; only Outlook can. I can't swear I have all the details of the process exactly right, but the idea is that Outlook adds a name to the list whenever I send out a task request, the other user accepts it and then sends it on to yet another user (and this is so only if we all have "Keep an updated copy o...

Custom headers
How can I delete extra custom headers when printing? Just go into the dialog box for custom headers and delete them using the delete or backspace key. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:40:20 -0700, "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I delete extra custom headers when printing? ...

Missing Object Tabs
For some reason, the tabs that used to appear at the top of the main window when you opened objects (i.e. tables, forms, queries, etc) no longer appear. For example, if I maximize a datasheet it covers a form that may be open and I am unable to gat back to the form unless I minimize the datasheet or resize it. The tabs made it much easier to switch between open objects. I cannot seem to find how to restore them. The setting for forms with tabs is found by going to the office button at top left of screen, clicking Access options (bottom of dialog), then Current Database ( top le...

Tabbing to move between cells
I have been using Excel quite a bit, but recently have been having a problem with certain spreadsheets. Sometimes when I press the tab key the page jumps over rather than the cell. Other times the arrow keys will respond the same way--moving the page over, but not changing the active cell. The strange thing is it effects different spreadsheets at different times. They are not shared or locked and I have not changed any of the options. Hopefully someone out there will recognize my problem -- Thanks, Cassi -- Thanks, Cassi When that happens, you might check Tools | Options | Tranis...

IIF usage in Column Header Expression
I am trying to turn Day of week column headings into the actual dates but get a #ERROR. The expression I am using is "Work Date: IIf([SLICE1]>0,[PERIOD_START],(IIf([SLICE2]>0,([Period_Start]+1))))" Once I get this working I will expand it to all 7 days. The database stores Period_Number, SLICE1, SLICE2, etc. in the Time_Reported table and Period_Number, Period_Start, & Period_End in the User_Period table. Both tables are in the query. Thanks for any help, Alan ...

How to serialize correct XML headers
All, I am trying to generate the following header when serializing a class to XML <FpML version="4-0" xsi:type="TradeAffirmation" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.fpml.org/2003/FpML-4-0 fpml-main-4-0.xsd" xmlns="http://www.fpml.org/2003/FpML-4-0"> </FpML> The class is currently declared as: <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute([Namespace]:="http://www.fpml.org/2003/FpML-4-0"), _ System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute([DataType]:="TradeAffirmation&...

Remove SMTPSVC version in mail header (header not banner)
Is it possible to remove/modify the SMTPSVC version in mail header (not banner) ? Exemple : Original header: Received: from [192.168.X.X] ([192.168.X.X]) by winserv2003 with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.0); Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:47:51 +0100 Modified header: Received: from [192.168.X.X] ([192.168.X.X]) by winserv2003 with Microsoft; Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:47:51 +0100 Regards Alfred On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 03:24:01 -0700, Alfred <Alfred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Is it possible to remove/modify the SMTPSVC version in mail header (not >banner) ? > >Exemple : ...

tab; line break; paragraph