tab control problem

I set up a series of automated tabs.

Ex. user hits a button, focus shifts to an unbound box in a tab. That unbound
box has a "on focus" macro that goes to an unbound box on a second tab, which
has a "on focus" macro that shifts focus to a third unbound box on a third
tab, etc. The problem becomes when I have more than one leap, an error
message comes up saying that I cannot change focus to the 1st unbound box.
The error message appears for every box in tries to access, but the focus
ends up where I want it to be.

My question is: was does it says this, but work anyways? (probably not the
best way, but I don't know code, so it's the best I've got)

(If you want to why I'm doing this, it so the user hits a button and a tab is
accessed, printed - using printout macro- and then focus is automatically
shifted to second tab, printed and then on the the third, etc.) The user
doesn't have to hit the print button for every tabpage. My sequence works for
tab pages, except when subforms are in the tab page, then this error message
appears.

Noe

noe1818

Being a subform, the way you address it is a little different.  Try:

Me.SubformControlName.Form.ControlToGetFocus

Where SubformControlName is the name of the subform control on your main
form, not the name of the form being used as a subform.  The Word Form refers
to the form identified in the subform control's Source Object property.
Then, ControlToGetFocus is the name of the control you want to get the focus.
 Use your real names, of course.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"noe1818 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I set up a series of automated tabs.
>
> Ex. user hits a button, focus shifts to an unbound box in a tab. That unbound
> box has a "on focus" macro that goes to an unbound box on a second tab, which
> has a "on focus" macro that shifts focus to a third unbound box on a third
> tab, etc. The problem becomes when I have more than one leap, an error
> message comes up saying that I cannot change focus to the 1st unbound box.
> The error message appears for every box in tries to access, but the focus
> ends up where I want it to be.
>
> My question is: was does it says this, but work anyways? (probably not the
> best way, but I don't know code, so it's the best I've got)
>
> (If you want to why I'm doing this, it so the user hits a button and a tab is
> accessed, printed - using printout macro- and then focus is automatically
> shifted to second tab, printed and then on the the third, etc.) The user
> doesn't have to hit the print button for every tabpage. My sequence works for
> tab pages, except when subforms are in the tab page, then this error message
> appears.
>
> Noe

Unfortunatley I don't code, so I used macros. But do you why the message is
coming up. Why can't you automatically tab more than once?
Klatuu wrote:
>Being a subform, the way you address it is a little different.  Try:
>
>Me.SubformControlName.Form.ControlToGetFocus
>
>Where SubformControlName is the name of the subform control on your main
>form, not the name of the form being used as a subform.  The Word Form refers
>to the form identified in the subform control's Source Object property.
>Then, ControlToGetFocus is the name of the control you want to get the focus.
> Use your real names, of course.
>> I set up a series of automated tabs.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
>>
>> Noe

noe1818
12/18/2007 7:36:49 PM
There is no limit to the number of times you can tab.  You original post said
the error happens when the control is on a subform.  If this is correct, that
is the problem.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"noe1818 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Unfortunatley I don't code, so I used macros. But do you why the message is
> coming up. Why can't you automatically tab more than once?
> Klatuu wrote:
> >Being a subform, the way you address it is a little different.  Try:
> >
> >Me.SubformControlName.Form.ControlToGetFocus
> >
> >Where SubformControlName is the name of the subform control on your main
> >form, not the name of the form being used as a subform.  The Word Form refers
> >to the form identified in the subform control's Source Object property.
> >Then, ControlToGetFocus is the name of the control you want to get the focus.
> > Use your real names, of course.
> >> I set up a series of automated tabs.
> >>
> >[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
> >>
> >> Noe

Hi,
If you want to tab automatically from one control to the next, remove all
the code that sets focus to any other control.
Set the tab order for the subform in the order that you want the user to
move from one control to the next.
To set the tab order for the subform, click on the detail section of the
subform.
Go Alt + V + B to open the tab order selector.
Drag the controls on the list into the order that you want them.

Jeanette Cunningham

"Klatuu" <Klatuu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There is no limit to the number of times you can tab.  You original post
> said
> the error happens when the control is on a subform.  If this is correct,
> that
> is the problem.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "noe1818 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:
>
>> Unfortunatley I don't code, so I used macros. But do you why the message
>> is
>> coming up. Why can't you automatically tab more than once?
>> Klatuu wrote:
>> >Being a subform, the way you address it is a little different.  Try:
>> >
>> >Me.SubformControlName.Form.ControlToGetFocus
>> >
>> >Where SubformControlName is the name of the subform control on your main
>> >form, not the name of the form being used as a subform.  The Word Form
>> >refers
>> >to the form identified in the subform control's Source Object property.
>> >Then, ControlToGetFocus is the name of the control you want to get the
>> >focus.
>> > Use your real names, of course.
>> >>
>> >[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]

>> --

Jeanette
12/18/2007 7:51:35 PM
Hi,
If you want to tab automatically from one control to the next, remove all
the code that sets focus to any other control.
Set the tab order for the subform in the order that you want the user to
move from one control to the next.
To set the tab order for the subform, click on the detail section of the
subform.
Go Alt + V + B to open the tab order selector.
Drag the controls on the list into the order that you want them.

Jeanette Cunningham

"Klatuu" <Klatuu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There is no limit to the number of times you can tab.  You original post
> said
> the error happens when the control is on a subform.  If this is correct,
> that
> is the problem.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "noe1818 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:
>
>> Unfortunatley I don't code, so I used macros. But do you why the message
>> is
>> coming up. Why can't you automatically tab more than once?
>> Klatuu wrote:
>> >Being a subform, the way you address it is a little different.  Try:
>> >
>> >Me.SubformControlName.Form.ControlToGetFocus
>> >
>> >Where SubformControlName is the name of the subform control on your main
>> >form, not the name of the form being used as a subform.  The Word Form
>> >refers
>> >to the form identified in the subform control's Source Object property.
>> >Then, ControlToGetFocus is the name of the control you want to get the
>> >focus.
>> > Use your real names, of course.
>> >>
>> >[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]

>> --

Jeanette
12/18/2007 7:51:46 PM
Correct, Jeanette, but that is not the issue.  The OP it wanting to move from
control to control automatically without user intervention.
--

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> Hi,
> If you want to tab automatically from one control to the next, remove all
> the code that sets focus to any other control.
> Set the tab order for the subform in the order that you want the user to
> move from one control to the next.
> To set the tab order for the subform, click on the detail section of the
> subform.
> Go Alt + V + B to open the tab order selector.
> Drag the controls on the list into the order that you want them.
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>

> "Klatuu" <Klatuu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There is no limit to the number of times you can tab.  You original post
> > said
> > the error happens when the control is on a subform.  If this is correct,
> > that
> > is the problem.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "noe1818 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:
> >
> >> Unfortunatley I don't code, so I used macros. But do you why the message
> >> is
> >> coming up. Why can't you automatically tab more than once?

> >> --

That's not really my problem. I want to open my first tab then have it go to
my second, then my third all WITHOUT hitting another button. Kind of like a
domino effect, just by pressing a button once. Using macros you can "onfocus"
and use GoToRecord and select the next tab, then do the same thing on the
next tab, but if you try and chain more than one of these it gives you an
error message, but works anyways? I'm confused why this error message appears.

NB I don't know code language

Jeanette Cunningham wrote:
>Hi,
>If you want to tab automatically from one control to the next, remove all
>the code that sets focus to any other control.
>Set the tab order for the subform in the order that you want the user to
>move from one control to the next.
>To set the tab order for the subform, click on the detail section of the
>subform.
>Go Alt + V + B to open the tab order selector.
>Drag the controls on the list into the order that you want them.
>
>Jeanette Cunningham
>
>> There is no limit to the number of times you can tab.  You original post
>> said
>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]

noe1818
12/18/2007 8:02:23 PM
Just had a thought.  What is the purpose of automatically moving from control
to control?  I really don't know of any reason to do that.  Perhaps you could
describe what you are trying to do.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"noe1818 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> That's not really my problem. I want to open my first tab then have it go to
> my second, then my third all WITHOUT hitting another button. Kind of like a
> domino effect, just by pressing a button once. Using macros you can "onfocus"
> and use GoToRecord and select the next tab, then do the same thing on the
> next tab, but if you try and chain more than one of these it gives you an
> error message, but works anyways? I'm confused why this error message appears.
>

> NB I don't know code language
>
> Jeanette Cunningham wrote:
> >Hi,
> >If you want to tab automatically from one control to the next, remove all
> >the code that sets focus to any other control.
> >Set the tab order for the subform in the order that you want the user to
> >move from one control to the next.
> >To set the tab order for the subform, click on the detail section of the
> >subform.
> >Go Alt + V + B to open the tab order selector.
> >Drag the controls on the list into the order that you want them.
> >
> >Jeanette Cunningham
> >
> >> There is no limit to the number of times you can tab.  You original post
> >> said
> >[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]

I have a form that is supposed to be printed (I know reports better, but i'm
using forms -for the choice of what records are to be printed) So User goes
to the printing section of the db, and I want them to hit a button and all
the subforms (on a tab control) are printed for the selected record. So if I
have a command that accesses the first tab, prints, goes to the next tab,
prints then goes to next tab prints, etc, It will eliminate the user having
to select a tab and press print for each tab.

Each subform is on a tab page. I want to be able to print each subform from
each tag page automatically, that why I want to use the macros and the
GoToRecord, and PrintOut functions. It works but an error message happens
after the process is complete.

Noe

noe1818

PDF File conversion problems w/ transparency filled boxes in Publi
Periodically, I like to use text boxes positioned over a photo in which I insert photo caption information. I would like to make the fill in the text box TRANSPARENT rather than solid. When I do this, it looks just fine in the Publisher file, but when I convert it to a PDF file (with Adobe Acrobat), I lose the transparency--it comes out as a box with grid/plaid-like shading in it. The same thing happens with the shading that is inherent in Word Art--when converted to PDF, the shading is comprised of GRID lines rather than an even transparent shadow. Is there a problem between coding in...

CSV file problem
Hi, Using Excel 2000 and I need to edit a CSV file. My problem is that the original file has quotes around each element but when I save the csv file from Excel it strips them off. I need the quotes left in. Any suggestion how to get Excel to leave the quotes in? Thanks in advance, Linn See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#csvwithquotes In article <eU8yb0X4EHA.664@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Linn Kubler" <lkubler@charter2.net> wrote: > Hi, > > Using Excel 2000 and I need to edit a CSV file. My problem is that the > original file has ...

Can I change the tab order in a protected worksheet?
I would like to be able to change the tab order when entering data in a protected worksheet. The default is to tab across the page and then to the next row. There are some instances where I need to go down and then across. Check out Bob Phillips' site for methods. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html Note: there is another method using event code in a worksheet module. Post back if you want to consider that. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 17 May 2005 10:15:28 -0700, "sciservice" <sciservice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be ab...

Strange problem with verdana font
Hi Since some of our users have MS Office 2007 we have a huge problem with Verdana font. When a user gets or writes a new document message with verdana font, characters are shown like boxes or squares. This also happens when users receive mail into Outlook 2007 that is written in Verdana. All other fonts look ok, the only problem is with Verdana. So the only way to view a document is to select all text and change font to anyting else as Verdana, but it's very annoying. This happens on all computers running MS Office 2007 or just MS Outlook 2007, also with new machines (clean insta...

Problem importing Contact OE6 to Outlook 2003
I suspect this problem has been posed many times, but I'm a brand new user of Outlook, forced by the impending end of OE6 in the Windowws 7 environment. I'm attemptina a two step process: A. Moving my emails and addresses from OE6 to Outlook 2003 on my current WindowsXP computer. B. Moving the relevant information to Outlook 2003 on my new Windows 7 computer. Right now I'm in step A. On the WinXP computer, I switched my default email program from OE6 to Outlook 2003. I successfully imported the mail messages and folders. But when I go through the procedures (see...

Problem: textbox default value = Date()
I want an unbound textbox on my form to default to current date. In the default value property of the textbox, I put "=Date()". Instead of today's date, it defaults to the text "date". What am I doing wrong? (I see if I bind the textbox to "=Date()", the value, of course, is today's date, but I only want the default to be today's date, which can be changed as needed.) TIA Are you actually entering "=Date()" or are you entering =Date() without the double quotes? If the latter, it should give you the date! -- There's AL...

Problem Sending Attachments
When sending attachments via IMAP the recipient is confronted with a renamed file named winmail.dat that is unopenable due to the "dat" extension. Anyone know why this is and how to stop it? In other words how to acheive WISIWTG (what I sent is what they get). Normally WinMail.DAT attachments are the result of sending mail in Rich Text Format. Is that the format you're using? "Blogman" <@> wrote in message news:eoa4YE7wFHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When sending attachments via IMAP the recipient is confronted with a > renamed file named winmai...

Peculiar problem facing in web application due to microsoft excel
We have devoloped a very huge web application for General Motors. Th problem we are facing here, whenever we tried to copy either the labe or value from the screen (struts with jsp) and paste it in microsof excel, then try to access the application, the session is gettin expired. This happens only when we copy and paste the content in microsoft exce and not in any other editor like notepad etc. The following are true - you have a webapplication with a user session. - if you select and copy text in your browser, everything is okay - if you paste it into notepad, you can continue surfing - if...

EXcel problems
Hi, We have a ERP program in my bussiness.We generate with reptoexcel application reports to excel. But,if we probe these option with Administrator user,th program works ok. But,if we probe with another user,the program break. The probe is done under w2k server by terminal server,with excel 2003. Thanks to all for help ;) ...

.pst problem
I have a user's computer that I changed from one domain to the other. copied the users profile and everything works fine. However, when I tried importing her .pst file from a her old .pst location, it changed the size of the .pst from 15mb to 265kb. Basically resetting the file. I have tried everything. I really need to be able to access the mail box and contact information. thanks Copy it again and connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD...

windows fax service smtp problems
Hello, We changed email providers and now our windows fax service on server 2003 no longer emails us our faxes. Is there a email provider that anyone know of that does not require smtp authentication. I require no smtp authentication since that is what godaddy said after i sent them the bounced email. That is why their server rejected it. In article <#dojYSl3KHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, donald7.44@gmail.com says... > > Hello, We changed email providers and now our windows fax service on > server 2003 no longer emails us our faxes. Is there a email provider ...

Tracking Open Orders for unpicked up merchandise problem.
I have a situation where I’m setting up Store Operations for a customer in which have 3 different scenarios that needs to be resolved for merchandise tracking. Scenario one is for customers who purchase a product and are picking up the product at the same time it is being sold. This is not a problem because the receipt shows how many products where picked up at the time of sale (Picked Up :) .. Scenario two is for customers who purchase a product but have not picked up the product because it’s on back order. This is also ok because the receipt shows how many of the products the custo...

problem installing accelerators on ie 8 windows xp
i try to add-on accelerators on ie 8--but when i hit the buttons, NOTHING seems to happen when i right click my mouse--i only have the accelerators that wer previously there--- please forgive me if this is a 'stupid' question, but i am new to this-- thank you -- Dr-ArthurRD "DrArthurRD" <DrArthurRD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D72F69A1-6386-46E1-8B7A-95DAEE4AA15D@microsoft.com... >i try to add-on accelerators on ie 8--but when i hit the buttons, NOTHING > seems to happen when i right click my mouse--i only have the accelerators ...

Problem printing reports via RMS Manager
Hi. Sometimes (not always) when I try to print reports from RMS the first page comes out blank. Any reason why that is? I don't have an answer for you, but I had the same issue first with a Canon and then with an HP printer I used to have. I now have a Lexmark and it no longer happens. So I was thinking it might have something to do with HP's and Canon's printer drivers. It definitly leads me to believe it's a printer issue, not with RMS. Craig "Arthur" <Arthur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60C50F52-BB02-4B5D-AF8C-E170989CD037@micros...

password problem #2
hi... earlier tonight i was using outlook express 6 to check my mail.. when i went to write mail and send one my user name and password came up on the screen. i have been using this for months and never had a problem.. the username and password came up and i pressed ok.. and it keeps popping up.. but it is only for outgoing mail..now i think i did something to the password... how can i change it or whatever? thanks Rich nevermind i fixed it...... >-----Original Message----- >hi... earlier tonight i was using outlook express 6 to >check my mail.. when i went to write mail an...

Help
Is there any easy way to fix the WinXP registry, so that the check mark on Taskbar "Show Quick launch" does not vanish automatically? Both my Laptop and PC are behaving that way. It is quite frustrating. Any easy way to fix this? Appreciate help. ...

Control Step Question
I had seen some sample code a while ago - I don't know where it was - that stepped through the controls on the page and formatted them. I have some fields that I am formatting after update, but I find that they are not showing the proper format when you go from record to record. I am thinking that I need to step through the fields as I enter the page and reset the formatting that way as well as after update. Any suggestions on how I can do this? Also what is the property I need to put the Event Procedure on when switching from tab to tab. Is it on Enter? Thanks. If it's a...

Problem setting Property Sheet values for a Form using VBA
Hello, I have a problem with setting Property Sheet values for a Form using VBA code. I am trying to set the following properties: ..RecordSource ..InputParameters ..UniqueTable I am setting this in an ADP and for a couple of my users my code works without any problem, and for other users it errors because it cannot set the properties in the form. My code which works: With Me.sfrmppepCGL_1_HeadsOfCover.Form .RecordSource = "dbo.procHeadsOfCoverByPolicyLineIDTypeGet" .InputParameters = "@lngPolicyLineID int =" & Nz(Me.txtPolicyLineID, 0) & &q...

Auto recover save problems
I have been getting dialog pop-ups saying that Word (or Excel) is unable to auto save (which I've set to every 10 minutes). Excel disables it for the session, Word pops-up the dialog box every 10 minutes (until I disable it). The file I'm working on is on another volume, but I don't think it's a permission error 'cuz I can save normally. ...

Stock sell and cash transfer problem in Money 2005
I have recently sold some stock from my Equiserve account which I have setup in Money 2005. I allocated the lots as I normally do in Money 2005 whenever I sell stock. I then have Money transfer the cash from the Equiserve account to my checking account. This has worked in the past until now. This time all appears correct until I close Money and then restart it later. A previous stock sell that was listed in my checkbook register as a transfer FROM my equiserve account (DEPOSIT) is now listed as a transfer TO my equiserve account (PAYMENT). When I check the stock sell in the Equiserve register ...

Installing East Asian Languages
Hello all, I recently had my hard disk completely wiped after catching a horrid virus. I'm trying to get my PC back to normal; that includes activating East Asian languages as I'm studying Japanese in Uni. I need the XP boot CD to do this, but have no idea where it is! Do you guys know if Microsoft provides a download of the software or something? How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246 Xule wrote: > Hello all, > I recently had my hard disk completely wiped after ca...

Problem getting status of logical disks
Hi, I'm trying to get the status of the logical disks. I'm using the WMI classes: ManagementObjectSearcher deviceList = new ManagementObjectSearcher("Select * from Win32_LogicalDisk"); The 'Status' property is not available. Is there any other way of getting the status? Would I have to query Win32_PnPEntity? "techie" <jignatius1@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:5521bc0a-a3f0-49b1-8b61-bce2141feff2@d27g2000yqf.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to get the status of the logical disks. I'm using the WMI > classes: > ...

Problems with Bill & Deposits
This is Money 2004 Premium. I set up the bills and deposits. Download all the transactions from online banking. All the bills and deposits are there, in exactly the same names, but they do not get picked up. The bills and deposits are always overdue. Well, sometimes it works for one or two payees. How can I fix this? I just have to stop using this right now.... Help... Either set them up to automatically enter into the register or click the bill as paid when you actually pay them so they are in the register to be matched. "Andrew" <achang99@verizon.net> wrote in message ...

Saving Location "Tempory Internet Files" Problem
Hello, While working on a Windows XP Pro SP2 machine using Microsoft Windows Outlook 2003, I have an issue. If I open an attched Document that came in an email and I decide to save this Document, by default, it saves to a "Tempory Internet Files\OLKFC" Folder. Is there a way we can change this to always point to a Network Drive mapping... My users sometimes forgets to look where they are saving this file and automatically save it to this folder which is later deleted... Thanks in advance Michael I don't think you can change that. It's a security thing if I remem...

Edit-Find doesn' work, don't know the problem.
I'm using an excel document and I want to use the Edit-Find feature to locate names within the document. I know the names are there because I've put them in and when I use the Edit-Find it doesn't work. I don't the problem and would really appreciate some help. Make sure that when you pull-down Edit > Find that you open Advanced.. and look in values rather than formulas -- Gary''s Student "micasidulce" wrote: > I'm using an excel document and I want to use the Edit-Find feature to locate > names within the document. I know the names ...