Summing a complex formula

I have a form set to continuous and one of the fields has this as the control
source:
=IIf([EI_Exempt]=Yes,Round(([EIBase]*DFirst("EI_Rate","tblTaxRates")))*Round(DFirst("EI_Employer_Rate","tblTaxRates")),0)

(Round is a defined function...rounds to the nearest cent.)

I've named that field EI_Employee

In the form footer I would like to show the sum of the column. If that's
possible, how would I do it?

I've tried using =SUM([EI_Employee]) and
=SUM(IIf([EI_Exempt]=Yes,Round(([EIBase]*DFirst("EI_Rate","tblTaxRates")))*Round(DFirst("EI_Employer_Rate","tblTaxRates")),0)) but neither has worked.

Any help would be appreciated.

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:22:01 -0800, JWCrosby
<JWCrosby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a form set to continuous and one of the fields has this as the control
>source:
>=IIf([EI_Exempt]=Yes,Round(([EIBase]*DFirst("EI_Rate","tblTaxRates")))*Round(DFirst("EI_Employer_Rate","tblTaxRates")),0)
>
>(Round is a defined function...rounds to the nearest cent.)
>
>I've named that field EI_Employee
>
>In the form footer I would like to show the sum of the column. If that's
>possible, how would I do it?
>
>I've tried using =SUM([EI_Employee]) and
>=SUM(IIf([EI_Exempt]=Yes,Round(([EIBase]*DFirst("EI_Rate","tblTaxRates")))*Round(DFirst("EI_Employer_Rate","tblTaxRates")),0)) but neither has worked.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

A Sum expression in a form footer can sum a *field in the form's recordsource*
- it will NOT sum a *control on the form*.

I'd suggest putting your first expression into the Query upon which the form
is based as a calculated field EI_Employee, and using that field as the
control source of the textbox on the form, and Sum([EI_Employee]) on the
footer.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

problem with formula #2
I have one column with increasing standard time (hr:min:sec). I put a formula in the first cell of the first row of a second column to convert the same cell of the first column to a value of decimel based upon minutes. The result is correct in the first cell of the first line (row) where the the formula was placed in the second column, but when I copy the formula throughout the rows of the second column, the results shown are always the answer for the first line - even though when I klick on the cell the formula in the lower rows/cells shows it referring to the correct later time ...

Text in formula?
What a pain in the neck to come back home after being away and not being able to access the newsgroups via my newsreader (http:// www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm). Anyway ... <g> I have this formula in cell A16: ="Don't take today: " &+A15+1 I got it from googling for text and formulas in same cell. I've tried formatting cell as general and text but nothing comes out right. The result in A16 should say: Don't take today: Tue.Sep.14.2010 but instead it says: Don't take today: 40435 Can anyone advise how to fix this? Thanks! :oD On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 ...

problem: formula appears as text
Hello...I'm stumped.... I am entering a simple formula: =RIGHT(A2,2) in a cell. The sheet has data on it but not a whole lot going on. I have tried formatting the cell itself, the column, and the entire sheet a number of ways...however, the formula appears in the cell as =RIGHT(A2,2)...as if were a text entry...it won't actually just turn into a formula and do it's thing. Thanks in advance for response.... -- couriced ------------------------------------------------------------------------ couriced's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

Complex Query question
I've got a challenging query I need help with! Here's a snapshot of the tables and relationships. I've put the relevant tables into this query layout just for illustrative purposes. ----- click on it to make it bigger (it's still a little hard to read) http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6xu9oh4&s=1 Note - the table names start with phrases that are not relevant to this question (ie I use the word "record" for another use than the normal database usage of that word). ------ I'll explain the setup. I want the Table Record-Orders-Sales to lookup Record-Cur...

How can formulas be used to create another formula?
This is probaby very simple, but I really don't know a lot aout formulars. When I have created formulas to work out the percentage of each sales type that we have, I then need to use this % as a part of another formula, Ie Sales type A is 50% of our overall sales "=sum(B1/B3)*100", I am am then trying use this 50% to apportion our wages bill to a sales type. When I create another formula "=sum(B10/B13)*the cell reference of the formula I previously calculated" it is throwing out the incorrect answer. Can anyone give me a simple answer to a very simple question a...

Lotus 123 print, formula, format, ect
How can I get Excel to emulate Lotus 123 commands such as: print range, + - (formula) range, move information and calulatons. ...

How to apply a formula accross all the rows when the total rows are too much in no. ?
Hi, guyz i know you can drag the formula accross the rows in that column t have that formula in effect in every cell. but i have some data lik 5000 rows then how to get that formula accross each cell, its painfu holding the mouse and dragging the formula accross the rows. please advise thanks in advance sorab -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi after inserting this formula in the first row double click on the lower right corner of your cell selection -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > guyz i know you can drag the formula accross the rows in that col...

Does Excel support mixed formatting of a string in a formula cell, yet?
Excel is one of the most spectacular apps ever created. But one feature I really need is mixed formatting of a string whose cell is a formula. By mixed formatting I mean, you know, making selected (as opposed to all) character(s) of the string bold, italic, a different color, sub- or superscripted, etc. In Excel 2002 you cannot do that in a formula cell (right?). In edit mode, the user would, say, press F9 to display the calc'ed string, selectively format it as usual, then cancel edit. Excel would save the formatting as a separate mask. What could be easier? The user would ...

Formulas #43
I have a cell with a simple currency formula in it. I want to add a specific dollar amount to the formula result IF a single value from a group of 5 values appears in another cell. -- Thank you. John Q. Without more details, maybe something like: =A1+IF(OR(B1={"a","b","c","d","e"}),22,0) John Q wrote: > > I have a cell with a simple currency formula in it. I want to add a specific > dollar amount to the formula result IF a single value from a group of 5 > values appears in another cell. > -- > Thank you. John Q. -...

SUM IF 2 CONDTIONS
Hi there, I have a little probelm with my excell formula. I would like to do the following: If values in column R are equal to "Forest" AND if values in column P are equal to "Peter" then sum the numerical values in column AN. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ellenbelle You could use either =SUMPRODUCT(--(P2:P5="Forest"),--(R2:R5="Peter"),(AN2:AN5)) or an array formula. {=SUM(IF($P$2:$P$5="Forest",IF($R$2:$R$5="Peter",$AN$2:$AN$5,0),0))} If you use the array, don't type in the {}curly brackets. Type th formula a...

Scorekeeping Formula
Does anyone have a formula set up scorekeeping in Excel for the game Rummikub. We have tournaments and want to use the computer to keep track of scores, with minus scores added to the winners' scores. Thanks DocT ...

need help with Index, Match and Countif in the same complicated formula
Hi, I have a spreadsheet Expense Journal designed for entering expenses in two currencies, one for Dollar and one for a local currency. It has two sections of rows, the top is for Dollar Expenses and uses no exchange figures because the spreadsheet converts everything to Dollars. This Dollar section has five columns: Date Project # Account # Description Dollar Amount In the blank spreadsheet that they start anew each quarter, there are only two rows setup for Dollar expenses because most of their expenses will be in Local currency. Below the Dollar secti...

Sum a range of Data that's not shaded gray
Hi, I trying to figure out how to SUMIF only if the data in a cell is not shaded gray. On my spreadsheet, once an item in a column is shaded gray, it is complete. If it is shaded any other color it is an accounts receivable. So I'm trying to figure a quick way to add up my accounts receivables. Any ideas would help...Thanks..Pete -- Pete Corrao www.PilotPeteSupplies.com (631)875-0550 See below page from Chip's site, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Regards, Shailesh Shah http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/ (Excel Add-ins Page) If You Can't Excel with Tal...

in formula a range cell reference eg) $A1:$A20 that is static when filling
if i want a cell reference to not increment when filling i put a dollar sign in front of it i noticed this does not work when you specify a range of cells eg ) $A1:$A20 although it is not an error when i fill in a formula it still increments the cell reference in each row but if i specify a single cell it does not. does anyone know the syntax for this, it's hard to word so i havent been able to find anything on google. thanks for your help! cheers, /sh You mean like this: =SUM($A$1:$A$20) ? -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- P...

Formula for counting cells with value 'x' provided Col U = 'y'
Hi guys, Need some help with a formula please. Have tried myself and know that the answer is straightforward but going through a mental block! Col Q Col R A01 58 A01 62 P02 62 Both columns data starts in cell 14 and runs down to cell 10000. I need to count the entries in Column Q that = A01 ONLY IF Col R = 62. Then do the same for Q = A01 ONLY IF R = 58, and so on. The worksheet is a year-to-date file and will be updated weekly with many entries in both columns with varying values. Many thanks. Hi, =SUMPRODUCT((Q1:Q10000="A01")*(R1:R1000...

Formulas to run offline in 3.0?
Hi CRM Pros I have a prospective 3.0 customer. Basically they have a not too complex Excel sheet, that they would like to replace with CRM functionalty instead, in order to run it offline with automatic sync to the CRM server. I know that I can customize CRM 3.0 with extra fields on the oppertunity entity and with custom exchange rate and freight rate tables. But what are the possibilities in 3.0 of creating calculations to run automatically, e.g., tallying the sum of some of the custom fields, or for multiplying some of them together with the exhange rate from a separate table? These calcula...

Count formulas
I am trying to do a set of 3 counts between 1-100. Under 80 Between 80-90 and 90+. I have 2 formulas that are working and can't seem to figure the 3rd, could anyone help? 1st =COUNTIF(G4:K22,">89.99") 2nd =COUNTIF (G4:K22,"<79.99") It is the middle one that I am not able to figure out. count all -those two or =sumproduct((g4:k22>=80)*(f4:k22<90)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045801c3d85f$f193bdb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to do a set of...

Formula?
Hi, I have my data set up the following way - the columns refer to th month and the rows are the different projects I'm tracking. Projec "A" has data in months Jan-Oct (10 values), while Project "B" has dat in months Jan, March, July, August & Sept (5 values)-the missing month are blank. Is there a way get the average of the last 4 values fo each project? Maybe using a count function? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if your values are in A1:J1 use the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) =AVERAGE(OFFSET(J1,0,0,1,-...

How do I find the sum of all digits in a number?
How do I get Excel to return the sum of all digits in a number? For example if i have the number 1234, i want excel to do the following calculation: 1+2+3+4 and return the value 10. I need to know how to do this for any number of any size. On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 08:21:04 -0700, monkeyforce5 <monkeyforce5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I get Excel to return the sum of all digits in a number? >For example if i have the number 1234, i want excel to do the following >calculation: >1+2+3+4 and return the value 10. I need to know how to do this for any >number of an...

how to find the sum of certain values in a column.
I want to be able to find the sum of all values in a column that have a particular value in the previous column, sush as follows. A B 1 TYPE VALUE 2 a 10 3 b 10 4 a 10 5 c 10 6 b 10 7 a 10 8 c 10 9 b 10 10 c 10 11 a 10 12 TOTAL 100 I'm able to total the column fine but what I want is the following: A) I want is a formula that will total only those VALUES that are TYPE "a" so that I c...

formula #59
i am trying to do this:: =IF(J48<25,"",K48) just insert the info from I48 into K48 BUT =IF(J48>25) then add J48 info to I48 and place the total in K48. is this possible and how is it done =if(j48<25,"",if(j48>25,j48+i48)) -- y_not ------------------------------------------------------------------------ y_not's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19947 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394739 A formula can only enter values into the cell in which it resides, it cannot enter data int...

if and formula
hi i am trying to check if a time value is greater that 2am and smaller than 2.30 am if it is put 1:59:30 in the cell if it the time value is smaller or bigger put cel value into cell i am using the formula below =IF(AND(C73>="02:00:00",C73<="02:30:00"),"01:59:30",C73) i am checking the formula with 02:01:00 (should put 1:59:30 ) actuall puts 02:01:00 i am checking the formula with 01:01:29(should put 01:01:29) actuall puts 01:01:29 but i can't get it working correctly any ideas thanks kevin By enclosing those times within quotes you are conve...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Duplicate a chart with relative formulas
If I have several sheets, each with data for a particular year, how can I copy a chart from 1 year to all the others, making sure the data references are to the respective year? Duplicate the sheet that has the chart, then replace the data on the copied sheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 3/23/2010 9:29 PM, Bobhoe wrote: > If I have several sheets, each with data for a particular year, how can I > copy a chart from 1 year to all the others, making sure the data references > are to the respective year? ...

IF Formula 01-13-10
I am trying to compare two cells to eachother and populate a third cell with the number that is the GREATER of the two. (IF f26 is greater than G34, populate m22 with value in f26; BUT if g34 is greater than f26, populate m22 with value in g34). Any suggestions? On Jan 13, 10:17=A0am, CrazyConfused <CrazyConfu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to compare two cells to eachother and populate a third cell w= ith > the number that is the GREATER of the two. =A0(IF f26 is greater than G34= , > populate m22 with value in f26; BUT if g34 is greater than...