Suggest technique for a totals control based on subform

I have a SalesDetails subform on which user selects various services to be
installed. The choices are looked up from a tblSalesCodes. We have an install
fee which is $19.95 for first services and 9.95 for each subsequent service.

The service choices includes both individual and bundled services. What I
mean by this is that user could select a choice that has 1 service, and
therefore the install fee is $19.95. Or they could select a choice that has 2
service, so install fee is $29.90. Or they could select 2 choices, each with
one service, so it's $29.90.

On tblSalesCodes, I have entered how many services are with any given
package, so for instance (call it CountForInstallFee), if user selects a 2
product code, there is a field in the record indicating 2 services.

I need to have a calculated field on the main form which will add all the
CountForInstallFee from all the Sales details for that order.

So far, I have it set up like this... A Totals query on tblSalesDetails with
2 fields... SalesOrder#  (GroupBy) and CountForInstallFee (Sum).

The source for my form is a query called Query-SalesOrderEntry. In order to
be able to access my Totals Query, I added it to Query-SalesOrderEntry.

It works for the first record only. All other records do not calculate the
install fee.

Any suggestions?

Of course, just after posting the question, I solved the issue.

I'll explain in case anyone else has the same problem.

I modified the setup... Instead of the calc-control being on the main form,
I placed it in the footer of the subform. That way, it didn't have to be in
the form's query. When the Product control is changed, it requeries the form
to recalculate the sum.

total the responses in the Tracking tab
Hi - I need to tally responses to a Meeting Request. I currently use the Tracking tab, but have to visually count Accepted/Declined/Tentative responses. Do these add up anywhere? I am running Outlook 2003 Sp3 Thanks ...

Printing a dialog from an SDI based application
In an SDI application that I am developing I am trying to print the contents of a graph hosted in a dialog...my question is can I somehow hook into the default printing support that the SDI app has built in or do I have to come up with a new class to support printing from the dialog??? Dominic Dominic, You can indeed jack into the printing framework. It's as easy as adding an override to OnPrint in your view, and print to the CDC* you get as an in-parameter. A nifty side effect is that you'll get support for the print-preview this way as well. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik ...

Knowledge Base article via Sales for Outlook
This must be pretty simple but I can't see it.. Where into Outlook can users access Knowledge base article? thanks! Hi! As i know rhere is no possbility to get to the Knowledge base article from the Outlook SFO! With the Outlook SFO you only get sales-entities no service and the Knowledge base articles are in the Service-Part of MS CRM. -- -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar for MSCRM Related Documents for MSCRM WordMailMerge for MSCRM "Frebou" <ed@boucheros.com> sch...

Control charting #2
How did I build a true control chart that has the mean in the middle, the control limits; mean +-2(stdev) and mean +-3(stdev), see below. I have attempted to use both scatter and line charts and then manipulate the axis, but that only works for the X and Y axis and does not give me the mean line or control limits on the right. Ideas? I'm sure that I'm making this more difficult than I need.... mean+2(stdv)30.1 mean-2(stdv)13.3 Mean 21.7 mean+3(stdv)34.3 mean-3(stdv)9.1 Day # treated 1 25 2 19 3 17 4 15 5 20 6 24 7 30 8 19 9 16 10 23 Than...

How to insert date using a pop up calendar control in a cell in E.
It has to be simple to add a control to an excel worksheet so when a user clicks on a cell a calendar pops up allowing the selection of a date. I just can't figure out how to do it. 1. View..ToolBars...Control Toolbox 2. Click the button for More controls (looks like two hammers) 3. From the list Select "Microsoft Date Time Picker " 4. Drag on sheet for the size of the control 5. Turn off design mode (green triangle on the control toolbox) to use the DT control "sinned81" wrote: > It has to be simple to add a control to an excel worksheet so when a user &...

controlling spam with MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml
Hi I need to know if there is a way of using a wild card word inconjunction with the MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml. I will try to explain, recently our ISP who provide our first line spam filtering changed their methods of controlling spam and since this change we are getting alot more spam into our exchange systems. They delete obvious spam but the ones they are a little unsure about they now send it out and adjust the subject to include the word spam I now this sounds daft but just go along with it. So we are getting alot of spam with the different subjects all prefixed with {s...

block mail based on subject
My wife gave information to some site that I'm not aware of.All the junk mail begins with her name, is there some way to block it or send it directly to the deleted file ?? Please help it's driving me crazy. ...

Synchronized combo boxes in subform
My two combo boxes work perfectly when I open the subform on it own from the Forms window - but when I open the main form in which the subform resides - the combo boxes in the subform no longer work. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any help! -Rachel What do these combo boxes do? Can you post the Row Sources and code if any? If they refer to one another, do you use a Me. reference or a Forms!FormName! reference? Use the Me. reference to avoid problems when embedding one form into another. Rachel wrote: >My two combo boxes work perfectly when I open the subform on it own from the...

Naming a subform from a main form
I'm having a heck of a time getting to a control on a sub form from a main form. I use the following convention Forms![frm MAIN_FORM]![frm SUB_FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] However when I run the code, I get an error message informing me Access cannot find the field named [frm SUB_FORM]. Then I tried taking the mainform out of the line leaving me with Forms![frm SUB-FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] Then the message reads can find find the form named frm subform. As far as I can tell the subform is opened. I can see it. I'm baffled. Can you help me? Common problem!! Open your main form in d...

Using a Check Box in a Subform to select records
I have a Form with a subform and two combo field are used to filter for records in the subform. The records in the subform have a bound check box. When I check one record on the subform and then move my forcus off the subform, every record becomes checked. Any suggestions? Thanks Are you sure the check box is a bound control? The behaviour you are getting suggests that its more likely to be unbound. What does it say in the control's ControlSource property in its properties sheet? If it is bound to a column in the underlying recordset then the behaviour could be explained by ...

Controlling excel chart axis
Hi, I have automated plotting of charts of date v/s speed recorded on a particular day with date on the x-axis and speed on the y-axis for each car that is being tested say Focus, Escort and Ikon. The graph gets displayed properly for the first data selected (say Focus) from a combo box. Now, for the other selection, the graph axis are getting reversed i.e date is getting plotted on the y-axis and speed on the x-axis ! Is there some why to control this ? I’m using Excel with VBA. TIA Is it still the same type of chart? You must somehow be mixing up Values and XValues for ...

Referring to control on subform
I have a parent form named fMemberInfo with a tab control called tabSubforms with a subform called fYInfoSubform with a combobox call cboSeqNo I would like to requery the combobox on the parent form's "OnCurrent" event. How do I refer to the comboxbox? On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:51:56 -0500, "Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a parent form named fMemberInfo >with a tab control called tabSubforms >with a subform called fYInfoSubform >with a combobox call cboSeqNo > >I would like to requery the combobox on t...

how do I assign a variable to a check box or radio control?
I need to assign the value of a radio control or check box when clicked on to a variable, preferably using the SetTemVar macro. Use the AfterUpdate of the control (if it's a stand-alone control), or of the option group (if it's part of an option group) to SetValue (in a macro) or assign the value (in code.) Not sure if it's really a good idea though. Considerations such as: - You can quite easily read the value from the form. - Doesn't work in versions of Access before 2007. - If it's a bound form, the tempvar would not be up to date when you move to a different recor...

What does Excel do when you go over the limit for total data point
The maximum number of total data points in a plot is 256,000. However, I have setup plots with > 1.5 million data points. Excel does not complain about this, but I'm guessing it is still only showing 256,000 points. The thing is, I can't figure out which 256,000 it is showing. I don't think it's just the first 256,000 because the data is sorted and it would look abruptly cutoff after the 256,000th point. I'm using a scatterplot if that helps. The plot looks correct, with gradually decreasing density towards the outer edges of the plot. But if it's only ...

Bar Chart based on report calculations...
I am using Access 2002. I have a query with one field called txtUsedKnowledge that has four possible responses. They are Never, Small Extent, Moderate Extent and Great Extent. I did many calculations with these including counting them individually and getting the percent for each one based on the over all count. Now I would like to create a bar chart with the four responses listed that will update each time it's run. I created the chart but have to type in the figures for each response myself. Since the calculations are done on the report and not in the query is the...

Calculation based with Range of Date
Hi I m facing problem with my worksheets which i have to calculate total sales in particular month. sheet 1 have Date Sale Undr 4% CST Sale Undr 10 CST Sale Undr 4% RST DD/MM/YY 1.10.2005 10000 2.10.2005 250000 3.10.2005 150000 4.10.2005 1000 1.11.2005 2.11.2005 3.12.2005 4.12.2005 1.1.2005 etc Sheet 2 have Quarterly Return Month Sale Undr 4% CST Sale Undr 10 CST Sale Undr 4% RST January February March In Sheet 2 i want to ...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

ActiveX Controls #3
Hi, can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? -- For all problems in ur life u r the only solution. Underdog wrote: > Hi, > can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? Look for the CIRCLE tutorial in MSDN. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] Hi, Thanx for ur reply..but i tried that sample but its not working properly.....i.e when i tried changing the back color of the circle using the steps given in the sample it didnt work i.e the color is not changing .....Is there any other link for ActievX samples??? thanx in advance "Scott McPhillips...

ASP.Net 2005 Editable Drop down server control
Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop down control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. Thanks in advance Check out the code at this link: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/EditableDropdown.aspx - Dave "JPrasad." <JPrasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50FF9826-BB9B-4E99-9D73-745274229164@microsoft.com... > Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop > down > control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. > > Thanks in a...

Open From From SubForm Help Needed
I have a sub form (subfrmOrderStatus) that has a data source of a query (qryOrderStatus) that shows all a list of all open orders. I want to be able to double click on any row in this dataview and have the Order Form(frmOrders) open up to show the specific order number that I just clicked on. Can anyone guide me in the right direction on how to accomplish this? Thanks Terry Terry wrote: >I have a sub form (subfrmOrderStatus) that has a data source of a query >(qryOrderStatus) that shows all a list of all open orders. I want to be >able to double click on any row in this datav...

Use insert key to control overtype
I`m trying to deploy office 2007 in silent mode. How can i turn on "Use insert key to control overtype" checkbox in registry or in office customization tool? i can`t find it Try the Office Button (left corner) then Word Options | Advanced | Editing and check "Use insert key..." "Ivan" wrote: > I`m trying to deploy office 2007 in silent mode. How can i turn on "Use > insert key to control overtype" checkbox in registry or in office > customization tool? i can`t find it ...

Text duplicating itself in text boxes on subform.
I've googled this one high and low, but can't find a similar hit. Client opens employee record with Address subform embedded. The screen shot they sent me shows the data corrupted as follows, with an diminished copy of the text tacked onto the end. Imagine the following, but without the spaces, which I added for clarity. City: Madisonville adisonville disonvi State: KYY Zip: 42431 2431 431 31 1 You can view the actual screen shot here ... http://www.amazecreations.com/datafast/Citrix_Issue.jpg Has anybody ever seen anything like this? If I told you it happens on an Access ...

Subform skips to next record when explorer is opened
I have a subform used to input records to a table. There are several fields in the record. I have coding on the fields so that the user cannot skip to a new record without completing all the fields. However, when I open internet explorer, the subform automatically skips to a new record. What could be causing this? -- JLotz ...

How to get one field to update based on a selection from a drop do
New to Access. I want to create a form that coworkers can use to lookup information in a database for inputting data into a PO as well as submit new records into the database. I want to have a control that is a combo drop down box where the can select a row from a list of items in a specified field and based on that selection it will update the below text box control with the corresponding data in the field next to it on the database. Make sense? Basically need to figure out how to update one control based on data selected from the drop down box control above it??? Private Sub...

Query based Subform will not allow editing
I have a maintenance DB that has energy lockout points associated with pieces of equipment so we can safely do maintenance. I have an 'edit existing lockout' form, based on a query, that lists in a subform the various points required for a certain piece of equipment. My system used to work, but now I can edit the main, but the subform has locked me out. All I get is a doorbell tone when I attempt to enter info. I can enter the req'd info in the tables, but but my form went snafu. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Does your query allow editing? Check the asterisk in the record...