Subformss, Tab Controls, and Forms

Hello

I am creating a case management database.  I have created a Main form called
Participants.

There are several themes which must be completed for each participant:
Personal Information, Personal Assessment, Personal Plans, Notes, and Other.

I thought of using a tab control for each theme.

I want to create subforms for each theme. That is, for the Personal
Information tab, I want to create subforms for each subject area, etc.

I read on this board that you can't but a tab control within a tab control,
but you can create subforms that would individually contain a tab control.

The issue is not creating the subform but I get the message "Can't build a
link between unbound forms".

The SourceObject is set to the name of my subform. On this form, I have a
form control with 2 tabs for each of my forms.

How do I get this to link to the master (i.e. main) form?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Unbound forms have no record source.
Is your main form based on a query and has that query as its record source?
Is your subform based on a query and has that query as its record source?

If the query for the main form is based on a table for participants, the
subform's record source query should be based on a table that is related
1-to-many to the table for the main form.

"forest8" <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I am creating a case management database.  I have created a Main form
> called
> Participants.
>
> There are several themes which must be completed for each participant:
> Personal Information, Personal Assessment, Personal Plans, Notes, and
> Other.
>
> I thought of using a tab control for each theme.
>
> I want to create subforms for each theme. That is, for the Personal
> Information tab, I want to create subforms for each subject area, etc.
>
> I read on this board that you can't but a tab control within a tab
> control,
> but you can create subforms that would individually contain a tab control.
>
> The issue is not creating the subform but I get the message "Can't build a
> link between unbound forms".
>
> The SourceObject is set to the name of my subform. On this form, I have a
> form control with 2 tabs for each of my forms.
>
> How do I get this to link to the master (i.e. main) form?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

0
Jeanette

IE-style toolbar with controls
I am in search of some sample code for IE-style toolbar with controls on them. An example of this would be the Google toolbar. I found various examples of simple IE-style toolbar on Codeguru and Codeproject sites, and I tried adding the combobox and other controls to them (similar to the way they are added to a toolbar), but ran into several problems. Does anyone know of any code examples for this? Thanks Abhijit In short, you need a CReBar member in your mainframe window, which you create in CYourMainFrame::OnCreate () member function (e.g., m_wndReBar.Create (this)). After you have t...

Publish Form as option not available.Help Please
I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3 and trying to publish files to the Organizational Forms Library - When i click on Tools - Options - Forms , the only options i have are Choose Form or Design Form - The instructions i have been given state i must choose Publish Form As - but i have not got this option Can anyone assist me with this What form are you trying to publish? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, ke...

Masking
I am using the following code, I would like the password typed to be masked is it possible? Private Sub Command15_Click() Dim stPassword As String stPassword = InputBox("Enter Your Password") If stPassword = "areaa" Then Me.Visible = True DoCmd.OpenForm "MICC-HQ_Frm", acNormal Me.Visible = True Else MsgBox "You Entered the wrong password" End If End Sub Thanks, Take a look at the input mask property. I believe there's a "Password" mask. -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsof...

How do I name tabs with dates for the rest of the year?
I am looking to be able to name tabs with individual days (November 9, November 10 etc.) for the rest of the year without having to type each tab title. Is there a way to do this? I have looked online in several places but have not found an answer. Hi this would require VBA. Would this be a way for you? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jdhx3" <jdhx3@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0D8A4EBD-3A9C-4DFF-800B-B6D3539DF839@microsoft.com... > I am looking to be able to name tabs with individual days (November 9, > November 10 etc.) for the...

WPF : how to print text onto which control
Hi all, I can't manage to write some text onto a control, using WPF. I've found some code on the web using DrawString. It doesn't work (?) with me. I'm making my own msgbox. So I want to be able to write the texts (with font attributes and so on) onto controls. Which control (WPF) may I use to write onto it, and how can print some text onto it ? Thanks Christian "Christian Hubert-Hugoud / weabow - Xtrem7 - Groobax" <nospam@weabow.com> wrote in message news:eeH6foPxKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I can't...

Some general questions on C++ .Net, and Form Design in Particular
I am basically a hobbyist programmer, at the moment doing a little work experimenting with some AI stuff. I learned C++, and then tried to teach myself MFC using MS Visual C++ 6.0. I swore off of MFC, which was a nightmare, and have been playing with Borlands C++ Builder. In C++ Builder, creating forms and other GUI elements is much simpler than MFC, very similar to Visual Basic. In the store yesterday, I was looking at the C++ .Net package. On the back, it still mentioned MFC (boo!), but it also claimed that the .Net environment has a user-friendly forms builder. My question: How frien...

Getting 'Type mismatch' error after redesigning form
I am in the process of streamlining the process of generating shipping documents in our existing Access database. Our 'Orders' form currently features several buttons for the user to press to generate certain documents. Different shipments often require a different set of documents. To prevent the user from either forgetting to print a necessary document or printing an unnecessary document, I am trying to use VBA code to make the process happen automatically. I'm doing this one document at a time, and I've found a glitch on my first attempt. Hopefully, someone can...

cannot find layout view tab in access
I am doing an asignment and it is telling me to switch to layout view I have tried to find the layout view tab and cannot Please help What version of Access? Only 2007 has the Layout View. Older versions do not. In 2007 go to the Home Tab. The very left box on the ribbon should say Views. Click on the v dropdown and Layout View should be one of the options. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "gidget" wrote: > I am doing an asignment and it is telling me to switch to layout view I have >...

Is it humanly possible to change default tab stop in Publisher 200
We have several folks accessing our Publisher 2002 newsletter for printing, editing, etc. and the default tab stop of 0.5 continues to annoy the living daylights out of us. We need it to stay put at 0.2, but I find no cure for the common stupid programming issue. Tell me you have resolved this and have an answer? I tried the default text box download, NOTHING allows you to simply change the tab default - why, oh why Microsoft must you allow this to happen??? If it takes Publisher 2003 to work this issue out, then I expect a free copy upgrade to 2003! Highly frustrated with such a s...

Problem with tabbed area background
We have a visual problem with a dialog. Half of the dialog is made up of a CTabCtrl area with 3 tabs. The content of the tabs are a few edit controls and the usual stuff. Each of the tabs use the same controls, so I don't have separate dialogs or property pages etc. Problem we have is that with certain windows themes, the background of the tabbed area is white or cream, but the rest of the dialog is standard dialog grey. "Windows Classic" is OK. "Windows XP" theme and "Energy Blue" theme both have white backgrounds on tabbed areas and disabled buttons. ...

form control
Hello i have query with a field called 'consultant' the query runs via critieria from a 'form' list box i.e. [forms]![form1]![consultant] (this sits in the criteria field in the query) how do i get this to pick up mulitiply enteries in the listbox or (text box) like John OR dave because at the moment it will only pick up one entry Thanks Steve You will need some code to loop through the ItemsSelected collection of the multi-select list box, and build the Filter/WhereCondition. Here's an example of how to do it: Use a multi-select list box to filter a repor...

How to insert gif or any other animation into richedit control?
How to insert gif or any other animation into richedit control? Knowledge Base Q220844 HOWTO: Insert a Bitmap Into an RTF Document Using the RichEdit Control -- Command what is yours Conquer what is not Microsoft Most Valuable Professional [VC++] http://www.csdn.net/develop/author/netauthor/jiangsheng/ http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/ http://jiangsheng.blogone.net "Steven.Xiang" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:234A657F-AD07-496E-AB9E-6F25086A18FD@microsoft.com... > How to insert gif or any other animation into richedit control? I had already look i...

Navigate back to Main Form.
I have two main forms (one used by supervisors & the other used by machine operators). From both of those forms I open a subform which allows me to input data for query sort paramaters & generate a report. That all works. What I would like to do is utilize the OnClose Event of the subform and have it navigate back to the originating main form which opened it. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com In your main form(s) you probably have something like the following to display your child (sub) form: DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_detail", _ DataMode:=a...

email form
why will the email form when published on the net give an error "not found on server" the server is running frontpage extentions. Refer to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 first 4 items and the very last item need to be reviewed. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:159801c53ce0$8f927c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > why will the email form when published on the net give an > error "not found on server" the server is running > frontpage extentions. ...

Edit Control #3
I am using a normal edit control in my dialog. And i am using skin in that dialog. Due to skin the back ground color of the edit control also changes same as the skin color. I have handled OnCtlColor() method to change the background color of the edit control but the background color does not change. In order to solve this problem i have subclassed my edit control and handled its paint method. In the paint method i am using DrawText() method to output text on the edit control. While entering text in the edit control, the text in the edit control is not getting scrolled towards left once the cu...

Opening a new tab
I would like to open a new tab with the name that is in a cell. Example in Cell b10 I have a number in this case it is 13245 and would like to open a new tab with that number 13245. The number will change many times. How about placing a button from the Forms toolbar on that worksheet. Then you can change the value in the cell and click the button when you're ready. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Dim wks As Worksheet Set myCell = ActiveSheet.Range("B10") Set wks = Nothing On Error Resume Next Set wks = Worksheets(CStr(myCel...

Controlling graph in a Form
Hi, I have a graph in a form and cannot format the data table. I have seen the code below, but this is for the On Print event of a Report. How can I make this work within a form? Which of event should I use. I have a tried a few and though the code is triggered the desired result is not achieved. On Error Resume Next Dim objGraph As Object Dim objDS as Object Set objGraph = Me!TheNameOfYourGraph.Object Set objDS = objGraph.Application.DataSheet 'Singe decimal place, 200 data points 'Format is the same as Excel VBA objDS.Range("A1:A200").Number...

C#.net custom control
I and another girl developer at worI want to to know how to do the following in a C#.NET 3.5 non-web application: 1. I have a delgate in one project and I want to have the delegate be executed from a click event in another project. How do I setup this type of a project refernce? (Note: This is existing code that is not working. Some other programmer wrote it.) 2. I have setup a control that I want to share with several projects within one solution and a copy of different solutions. Thus can you tell me: a. How to compile(build) the custom contol to generate a DLL? b. Once I h...

Form for searching only
Can I create a form that will search a table for a specific record within the table without changing the underlying table? The tables have inventory for parts. I want to allow the mechanics to open a form and type in one of several varaibles such as: A part name or part number that will give them the location of their part. I do not want them to be able to change the table. I created a form using the form wizard but when it asks me what table has the related info and I tell it, it automatically brings up the first record in the table. Also, if they put in a part name, it will only...

Big Problem opening form !!!
I am getting this message everytime I try to open a form in my database that I am working on. I can open every other form expect this one. What do this mean? "The isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again." The message means that this form has corrupted. There are various ways you can try to rescue it. Firstly, make a backup copy of the database file, so you get multiple goes at rescuing it. If you had any code in the form's module, I suggest you open your code window, and see if its module is there (on the Win...

cannot save as tab delimited
Just in stalled Office 2003 and can no longer save files as text delimited. (Also does not work in Access) Hi what does happene xactly (error message, wrong file structure, etc.) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Trawler wrote: > Just in stalled Office 2003 and can no longer save files as text > delimited. (Also does not work in Access) ...

VBA Excel: Move rows which match a certain feature between tabs
Hi, I have a hughe matrix of numbers. Such matrix has headers in its columns (first row). Say that headers are A, B and C (). What I want to do with a VBA script is to look into the rows to check if what of them have the value "30" in the column header. In such case, I would like to move the row from that tab to another one called, e.g., "Tab_30". An important point is that I need that the row in the original matrix has to be deleted. I do not like blank rows in the original matrix nor the new matrix in the tab "Tab_30". I am not an expert in Excel. I just rec...

Control Tab for Combo box
Hi, I have created a combo box in Excel 2002. When I right click and select Format Control the Control tab is missing. Any ideas about how to fix this? You created a combobox using the controltoolbox toolbar. The "control tab" doesn't exist for this combobox. But if you use a dropdown (aka combobox) from the Forms toolbar, you'll be one happy camper again. Ruth wrote: > > Hi, > > I have created a combo box in Excel 2002. > When I right click and select Format Control the Control > tab is missing. > > Any ideas about how to fix this? -- D...

Outlook Read Email Does Not Run The Form
Hello - I have a custom Email form I have designed with a button on it. However, I notice that when I double click on a form in my inbox the custom form is loaded so that that I can read the Email on the custom form. But, the button won't work unless I then click Form, Run this form. Isn't there a way that I can make the button work automatically when the user reads their Email so that they can just click the button rather than click Tools, Run this form and then click the button. I'm guessing that maybe Microsoft did this so that scripts won't run but I'm wonderi...

Units of Measure in Edit Controls
Is there a good way for me to format data in an edit control by that control's unit of measure? For example: CString data = foo; FormatUnits(data, IDC_VALUE_CTL); c_value.SetWindowText(data); In FormatUnits(), of course, I have a basic problem: how do I determine how to format "data" by knowing my control ID? In the COM world, I'm used to creating and storing a custom property that I can access later. Is there a way to do this with MFC? Or is there a "best practices" way of doing this and I'm barking up the wrong tree? Seeing how no one has replied yet,* ...