subforms 02-26-08

I have a tab page with two subforms in it.  When I tab to the last combo box
in the first subform it does not tab to the first text box of the second
subform.  How would I do that?  Thanks in advance.

In the Lost Focus event of the last text box on the first subform put:

Me.Parent.YourSecondSubformContainerName.Form.YourFirstTextBoxName.SetFocus

Where YourSecondSubformContainerName is the name of the control on the main
form that houses the second subform (not necessarily the subform name).  It
is possible that the container name is the same as the subform name, but it
isn't necessarily so.  So you have to use the container name.

And YourFirstTextBoxName is the name of the text box on the second subform
that you want to get the focus.
--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"PJ" wrote:

> I have a tab page with two subforms in it.  When I tab to the last combo box
> in the first subform it does not tab to the first text box of the second
> subform.  How would I do that?  Thanks in advance.

hello 03-26-10
thank u for new i hope try to me new see test myself see work it best ok thank u microsoft What are you smoking? "armbreak5" <armbreak5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C747D2F3-AEDA-4241-A6C6-8E795E4A2723@microsoft.com... > thank u for new i hope try to me new see test myself see work it best > ok > thank u microsoft ...

Outlook Offline 08-10-06
I recently purchased the book: "Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0" We are running Small Business Server premium edition. I installed SQL server 2000 and sp4 on the server today and also installed the trial version of CRM 3.0 to determine if we are going to purchase. Now, when I open outlook, i have a message that says outlook is offline. What is causing this to occur? ...

Apply Rule 02-07-06
The Apply Rule menu option is available in the More Actions menu. Is there an easy way to add this as a button (e.g. next to the "Merge..." button)? My guess is that this can be done using the ISV.config file - however I need the url to call this menu option (e.g. something like /_grid/cmds/dlg_applyrule.aspx iObjType=1...). Any one know what the magic formula is? By the way, this has a practical use beyond just making "one less click" for the users. That is, there are some screens where the Apply Rule option does not appear (e.g. custom entities) and I assume that this s...

Spell check 02-22-10
How do I activate spell check in Vista please It is activated. Do you want it to *make* you check the spelling? Tools | Options | Spelling. Check the first box. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Linda Jean" <Linda Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E28056-A0CC-4EF7-BFE1-01FEA61B51B3@microsoft.com... > How do I activate spell check in Vista please "Linda Jean" <Linda Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E0E28056-A0CC-4EF7-BFE1-01FEA61B51B3@microsoft....

Outlook '02 not leaving messages on server when told to
Outlook will not save the settings that tell it to leave the messages on the server. When I choose this option it works until I close outlook. When I have reopened outlook and go to the settings location to leave messages on server, it is not chosen. I have chosen this setting before and it was working. I have had problems with this on one of my computers for quite some time, but only noticed it on this one since SP2 was installed. I have applied the setting and said OK to each possible menu when exiting from this option menu. I have tried exiting outlook from the file menu, rather tha...

combining fields 12-08-09
I have a report that groups three fields together, 'conveyor type', 'conveyor name' and 'maint. records'. There are multiple 'conveyor names' and 'maint. records'for each 'conveyor type'. I have managed to group everything together that is repetitive (a lot of the 'maint. records are the same). So i have a report that has a 'conveyor type' heading with all the 'maint records' underneath very nicely. However I wish to list the 'conveyor names' side by side next to the 'conveyor type'heading. I ...

verify all subforms have records
Access 2003 I have a form called f001ProjectReview (PK ProjectID) it has several subforms linked by ProjectID. Sub1, Sub2, Sub3. There is a button that activates a pop up form called fClosureApprovalPopUp linked by ProjectID. On fClosureApprovalPopUp I have an approval button. When user clicks the approval button I need to verify that all subforms on f001ProjectReview have records. If there is a subform that does not have a record then display message that required data is missing and exit without saving. Your help is greatly appreciated!! -- deb You could u...

Access
Hi I have designed a simple database to collect sales information about manufacturing Kitchens and wardrobes. On my main form (created from my main sales table) I have 2 subforms as follows: Type Qty Price Total 1 2 2000 4000 2 2 4000 8000 3 2 3500 7000 That is the 1st subform I created and the total comes from Qty x Price. The 2nd subform is the same with wardrobe prices - total is the same setup. On my main form I want to total the totals for the first subform and then total the totals from the second subform an...

Date format 06-02-06
Hi; Is it possible to manipulate the date format? Actually, I want to be able to put july, 15 2006 instead of 07/15/2006. Can anyone help me? Thax! Mehdi Hi MA, Where do you want to do this? In the UI? If so, you can add some script to format the date. You'll need some help from a script like this one at CodeProject: http://www.codeproject.com/jscript/dateformat.asp HTH -- Michael Sanford SynchedUp Solutions http://www.synchedup.com "MA" <mamor@NOPSPAM.com> wrote in message news:871f874a343947d29d6611d45ae77cc9@ureader.com... > Hi; > > Is it possible...

copy and paste is problematic in Outlook 02
Re: copying to clipboard... loses its contents after one window... At my office pc, (XP Home) when i copy and paste in outlook, it only seems to work or hold its contents to the next outlook window i go to. If I copy text, then wander between a few outlook screens, i loose the copied info. All other pc's i use, i can paste my heart away, long after i left the screen i copied from. Any thoughts as to why i loose my copy paste ability once i go beyond the next outlook window. It seems to work fine as long as I use it in the next window i go to. If i have to click to more than one window, t...

Access 2007 Runtime 01-22-08
I am looking to update a major Access 2000 database to 2007 but I have been hearing that Access 2007 Runtime has some major bugs that might affect functionality or security. Does anyone know where I can find some clarification about this? Thanks DJ hi it is true that microsoft has been having some major bugs. I have been having some problems too with mine. if I were you, I'd find another database. "DJJ" <gemdjj@writeme.com> wrote in message news:koqlj.27772$8A4.8101@trnddc02... > I am looking to update a major Access 2000 database to 2007 but I have > b...

Install add-in with user defined functions 02-12-08
Hi, Looking for an easy way to make user defined functions available for any mdb to open in Access 2003. I thought: create and mda, write VBA code and use Tools - Add-in Manager. That doesn't work because of a USysRegInfo table ...? Do I realy have to go through that 'misery' or is a simpler / better way? Many thanks, Frans van Zelm ...

Business Cards 08-11-05
Has anyone used a business card scanner for entering contact data? If so, would you recommend one? I would suggest you check out this one http://www.cardscan.com/index.asp it works well with Microsoft CRM. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "ChannelRep" <ChannelRep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B02D54-1D74-4D8F-9BA2-817315ACA444@microsoft.com... > Has anyone used a business card scanner for entering contact data? If so, > would you recommend one? ...

blue screen 02-19-10
hi... I have thenext problem... every time when I turn on my cpu it works properly for about 5-7 min and blue screen appears and the system reboots... after this everything is ok... this happens absolutelly every time when I turn on my cpu... also the sys is freezing when I try to defragment disk... the reinstall of windows xp professional did not help.... please help me.. my email is stefan_lyonnais@yahoo.com best regards... On Feb 19, 9:29=A0am, stevan <ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi... I have thenext problem... every time when I turn on my cpu it...

Deleting Duplicate Rows 02-02-10
Column A Last Name First Name Date of Birth Current Status Sum A Sum B Sum C Sum D Sum E Sum F XYZ Baggins Frodo 1/1/2010 F 432 4525 4232 421 755 866 AXYZ Baggins Frodo 1/1/2010 P 654 532 757 797 321 853 XYZ Sully Jake 2/2/2010 F 43 32 543 45 23 543 AXYZ Sully Jake 2/2/2010 P 43 423 54 32 643 65 XYZ Wayne Bruce 1/14/2010 F 10 20 30 40 50 60 XYZ Dawson Jack 3/3/2010 F 43 32 543 45 23 543 AXYZ Dawson Jack 3/3/2010 P 654 73 352 874 232 876 XYZ Connor John 3/3/2010 P 100 432 87 985 123 439 If an employee has duplicate records in coulmn A with XYZ and AXYZ, and if AXYZ ...

Convert Text to Date 02-12-10
I have a text field with date like data in it but its text data. THe field [End_date] looks like 31Dec2009 - how can i reformat that so its a recognized date field that I can do calculations on? Ulitmately, I'd like the field to be 12/31/2009. Assistance is greatly appreciated. Not a VB expert so doing it in a query would work better for me. Thanks in advance!! Jeff -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 03:15:57 GMT, jfredel via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have a text field with date like data in it but its text data. THe fiel...

URGENT: Query by Form, display in subform, link to / generate repo
I have developed a query and a form that will provide the parameters for that query. My challenge is that I want the results of the query to display in a subform below the search text box(es). Then I would like to have 2nd subform that provides links based on the value of one field to determine which reports may be selected. While I'm not new to Access, I'm still very new to VBA and want to know if this is possible. If possible, how to get it to work. This is pretty urgent as I have two different projects that will use this process. Thanks in advance for the help ... B...

subform refresh 02-29-08
I'm working with a form that has a subform on a subform. When I select from the dropdown on the main form, the subform refreshes based on the after update event of the combo box, but the subform that is on it doesn't refresh. How can I get it to refresh at the same time? Thanks, Mary Mary, When linked to the mainform by for eample an id field the subform should refresh autom. If not linked you could place the following in the afterupdate of the combo: me.subform.requery (where subform should be the name of your subform). hth -- Maurice Ausum "Mary" wrote: >...

GoToControl on mainform from subform
Dear MVP, I posted this on the 'forms coding' page on 30th Oct and still haven't got a reply so I thought i'd post it here... I am having trouble getting a macro to shift the focus on a subform back to it’s parent form (from subform 2 (sub-subform) back to subform 1). I have tried the following syntax (after consulting http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm): GoToControl F_Preg subform (name of the parent form – subform 1; btw It also doesn’t work when I replace this with the text ‘Me.Parent’) FindRecord Forms!F_Preg subform![D_HF_HSA_KI_V_W_ID]=Forms!F_MonthlyDat...

accessing the value of the link child in a subform
Hi, Application is a simple (!) instructor scheduling app. I have a form which is designed to allow me to select which instructors are qualified to teach which courses. I have three tables. One with all the instructors, one with all the courses and then a link table. Ok, on my main form, I can select an instructor and then on a sub-form I get a list of the courses that instructor can teach. Each record in the subform is represented by a listbox to allow the course to be selected. The problem is that all the courses are selectable in each record's list, whereas I only ...

CrystalReportViewer 02-05-06
We have a problem with accessing Crystal Report while trying to access I am getting the below error message. There are no Page Servers Connected to the Cache Server or all connected Page Servers are disabled or all connected Page Servers are not part of the specified server group. Please try to reconnect later. I will highly appriciate for your early response. Thanks basit ...

query parameters 12-02-09
Hi I have a stored query in a accdb-database: UPDATE Table SET Field1 = [?] WHERE [Field2]=[?]; Running the query I am just prompted for one parameter. It must be only the second one. Since I type in an existing value for Field2 and then Field1 is updated with this value. Typing in the first parameter at that place, which should be written into the database I get the message: Are you sure, that you want to update 0 records? . . .no chance for the second parameter. Why am I not prompted for both parameters? Patrick Try giving them different names. UPDATE Table SET Fiel...

Multiple problems 08-14-10
My father's Advent computer was bought just three months ago. His Belkin G wireless connection often wouldn't work after sleep mode, and we often had to restart the computer. Lately the following things are happening: 1. the restart to get the wireless to work seems to be unavoidable 2. the Belkin control program desktop icon has gone 3. the Belkin control program access in the list of programs has also gone 4. the monitor sometimes does not receive input (it's as if there's a loose connection with the computer) 5. thinking it might be a virus problem, I tried runn...

Invest smart 02-01-08
How much profit can you make with one dollar? Check out this website www.forbuck.com Without any obligation, registering or other ties make cash! ...

CRM with SBS 2003 12-08-03
IS crm 1.2 out yet? i have a new sbs 2003 installation on a single server (obviously). Can i put crm on a separate server? is it necessary for performance to put on a seperate server? the doc i have read says that crm needs a dual processor and raid 5 with 3 drive minimum. is that true? why? thanks for any help lisa Not sure about 1.2, as I have been out of the MS CRM loop for awhile I highly recommend putting the CRM on a different machine as v1.0 was quite resource intensive. I recently set up a SBS 2000 domain for a customer, and the demands of SQL Server/Exchange/AD would compete w...