subform not showing data

I created a tab control on a form to hold multiple subforms. I dragged the
form onto the tab control to create the subform.  When I look at records
entered, only the main form shows data.  I have another form/subform (only
not on a tab) which works fine and I've been unable to find any differences
in the setup.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing?
Thanks!

"Loni - RWT" <LoniRWT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a tab control on a form to hold multiple subforms. I dragged the
> form onto the tab control to create the subform.  When I look at records
> entered, only the main form shows data.  I have another form/subform (only
> not on a tab) which works fine and I've been unable to find any differences
> in the setup.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing?
> Thanks!

Well it has nothing to do with the TabControl.  That has no affect on how a
subform behaves.  It is just a way to control form real estate.

I would check the MasterLink and ChildLink properties of the subform control.

Does the form inside the subform control display records if you open it by
itself?

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
7/21/2007 2:13:11 PM
No it doesn't.

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> "Loni - RWT" <LoniRWT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a tab control on a form to hold multiple subforms. I dragged the
> > form onto the tab control to create the subform.  When I look at records
> > entered, only the main form shows data.  I have another form/subform (only
> > not on a tab) which works fine and I've been unable to find any differences
> > in the setup.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing?
> > Thanks!
>
> Well it has nothing to do with the TabControl.  That has no affect on how a
> subform behaves.  It is just a way to control form real estate.
>
> I would check the MasterLink and ChildLink properties of the subform control.
>
> Does the form inside the subform control display records if you open it by
> itself?
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

The data entry property was set to yes. I changed it to no and that solved
the problem.
Thanks again!

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> "Loni - RWT" <LoniRWT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a tab control on a form to hold multiple subforms. I dragged the
> > form onto the tab control to create the subform.  When I look at records
> > entered, only the main form shows data.  I have another form/subform (only
> > not on a tab) which works fine and I've been unable to find any differences
> > in the setup.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing?
> > Thanks!
>
> Well it has nothing to do with the TabControl.  That has no affect on how a
> subform behaves.  It is just a way to control form real estate.
>
> I would check the MasterLink and ChildLink properties of the subform control.
>
> Does the form inside the subform control display records if you open it by
> itself?
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

-1

Locking of entered data
I haev a form that currently allows you to enter new records and edit existing records. My key field is based on a number entered by the user from another system. Once the number is entered I do not want the user to be able to type over that number but still be aloud to add a new record. I tried the AllowAdditions and AllowEdits in the properties but if I set them to Yes AllowAdditions and No AllowEdits then nothing can be changed. I want them to be able to edit everything but the one field containing the number. Ideas? Glenna, The code I provided would go in the two places that I...

how do you make menu bar show?
My menu and tool bar disappeared and I can't figure out how to get them to show. Anyone know a command to get it? Try this: View>Toolbars>Customize Go to the toolbar tabs and place a tick in the toolbar that you want displayed. The second to last menu bar is the default worksheet menu bar HTH Regards Peter "BrianG" wrote: > My menu and tool bar disappeared and I can't figure out how to get them to > show. Anyone know a command to get it? > Brian No menu at all? Hit ALT + F11 to open Visual Basic Editor. Hit CRTL + G to open Immediate Wind...

summarise data
I have data on a sheet looking like this 5/5/2004 5/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 8/5/2004 9/5/2004 9/5/2004 9/5/2004 and I want to summarise this into different cells so that it look like 5/5/2004 7/5/2004 8/5/2004 9/5/2004 i.e. I want to list individual occurances of repeating dates o numbers. Any help would be much appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sounds like a job or a Pivot Table perhaps? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore...

creating a program that uses data from a sensor....
Hello, I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an electronic circuit). What are the hardware components that would be needed? And what MFC class(es) would I use to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 On 21 Oct 2006 08:10:50 -0700, "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it >from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an >electronic circuit). What are the ha...

Data archive with GP Manufacturing
Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive, at least not in the documentation. Don't have an answer for you but we will be doing the same in the next week or so. Will report back when done. "DavidInterDyn" wrote: > Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The > product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive, > at least not in the documentation. ...

Transfering Outlook Data to a New PC
I've just built a new PC. Currently it has nothing on it other than Windows. When I install Outlook 2003 I'll need to transfer the data from another PC onto it, including all folders, emails and attachments in them and calendar data. What's the easiest and most effective way to do this? Find the PST file and copy it to the new machine and into the appropriate directory, what? Thanks. Copy the pst(s) to the new PC There isnt an appropriate Folder, there is a default folder created when Outlook is installed. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Marts&q...

how to stop data shifting into new cells every time workbook is o.
Some of my Data remains the same in my workbook but then columns H- shifts into different cells after I've saved the sheet and then I reopen to work in it again. About the only way that I can think of that data would physically move from any column into another 'magically' is through VBA code (a macro). I'd look for code associated with one of the following: ThisWorkbook or the worksheet this is happening to. To look for the code, open the workbook and go to the sheet where it is happening and Right-click on the worksheet's name tab and choose [View Code] ...

Old data into newer program
I just purchased a new computer and would like to use Money Plus Deluxe in it. I have been using Money 2003 on my older computer. Would I be able to transfer my Money 2003 data (from old computer) to the new computer? And will Money Plus deluxe be able to read (use) the data? -- Matt Mina The general answer is Yes and Yes. If you have been using a non-US version, the answer is No and No. Unless you are a Canadian. Then there is probably a Maybe answer. "Matt Mina" <MattMina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71BDCC69-3475-45DF-892D-5789C2D58112@microso...

how do I get outlook 2003 to show me mail from my yahoo acct?
I have tried the trouble shooting, but I still cannot get my outlook 2003 to show me my email from my yahoo acct. Please help..... Thank you Outlook version? Paid Yahoo! account? What happens when you follow the = directions Yahoo! posted? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, fallen_angel asked: | I have tried the trouble shooting, but I still cannot get my outlook | 2003 to show me my email from my yahoo acct. ...

Pulling data from multiple worksheets
I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would like to be able to type in a client number on another worksheet and have the client name automatically populate. Look at the Vlookup function or the combination of Index / Match. Vlookup will be a little more straight forward for a first timer but Index / Match is generally speaking a more flexible and less error prone solution. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "parthur" wrote: > I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would > like to be able to type in a clie...

Create Charts based on data in Table
I would like to create a series of charts that are dependant on dat stored in a table. Specifically I would like to pull data from th table based on Dates in a table for example. The Table contains Date in Column A, then a variety of other informaion going across th columns. I would like to extract and chart data based on a date rang say Jan 1st - Jan 31st. I would like to do this a formula based i named ranges like "PerOneStartDate" to "PerOneEndDate". This woul give flexibility in changing the reange without having to go to th table and select data. Thank yo -- MAtte...

Shared files losing data! Help!
I have several excel 2000 files (they were originally created in excel 97) which are shared, by several users (5-8) and they all have permission to change the cells. The track changes is setup to keep history for 365 days. These files have been working fine since 2001. In the last few months, the users have reported missing data sporadically, and recently is occuring more often and now they are reporting that some times when they hit the save button, they see a worksheet disappeared. FACT 1: I have discovered that the users have never "accepted or rejected Changes" since t...

Form/Subform Coding
I have a form with a subform using both Master and Linked Child fields. I want to change the Linked Child Field based on a value in a checkbox (0 or -1). Any CODING ideas would be appreciated. "New Guy" wrote: > I have a form with a subform using both Master and Linked Child fields. I > want to change the Linked Child Field based on a value in a checkbox (0 or > -1). Any CODING ideas would be appreciated. Retrieve the checkbox value then the following code could be useful: Public Function displayVarform(strmainform, strSubformcontrol, strControlname, strChildF...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

How to show SOLD serialized item on Serial Number Report?
Hi; On the Serial Number built-in report, it lists all outstanding serial number and the allocated serial number. Can I show those SOLD serial number on the same report? Thanks! ...

Data Loss in Publisher
Hi I run a W2k network in a school. I have Office Group Policies in place forcing the default save location for Publisher documents (Office XP version) to the pupil's home folders. All my PCs are identical (ghost images). Pupils have roaming profiles (some mandatory). Some users save work in Publisher and the next time they log on to the network and open the saved file, it's contents have gone! There is nothing exceptional about the affected users' user accounts and they have a mixture of mandatory and roaming profiles. Has anyone come across this problem before? Than...

Any way to clear out stock pricing data before or after going to Quicken?
With all the discussion a few months ago about taking control of our own data, I had gone through the steps to look at my Money file as an Access DB, and found that of my 80MB, more than half was daily stock prices. Thats not something I really want to convert and maintain. I can't imagine that its really needed, since transactions have their own price info. Is there any way to get rid of it in Money, in Quicken, or other? Thanks In Money Plus: Portfolio > Other Tasks > More > Clear historical quotes The process may be different in earlier versions. "JDelMar&q...

data migration SQL Server 2005: Fast load
in order for triggers to run in SQL Server 2000 you can uncheck the "Use Fast Load" option in a DTS package. In SQL Server 2005 how can you acheive the same result? and is there a way of doing it within the SQL Server Management Studio or at a command line rather than have to go into Visual Studio? -- regards, Mark ...

merging into Word with filtered data
Hello, I'm trying to do a merge in Word using data from Excel. However, I don't want to merge using data from the whole worksheet, but just filtered data (all people from London - place is one of the fields in the worksheet. I have no idea how I might do this. Any help gratefully received. I believe you can accomplish this from Word by using "Query Options" and selecting to merge only those records you're seeking. HTH PC "Italian Pete" <ItalianPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E62FCDC-42EC-48DB-92AC-857B224F085F@microsoft.c...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Deed a small data base
Hi hope you can help. I need a small data base. (49 ford truck )will bring up the 6 pieces of glass pattern numbers I need to cut the glass from. -- Thanks Mike Send an example of your data to me and I will have a look at it johncalder54@hotmail.com "hotrodflatglass" wrote: > Hi hope you can help. I need a small data base. > (49 ford truck )will bring up the 6 pieces of glass pattern numbers I need > to cut the glass from. > -- > Thanks > Mike ...

Outlook Laptop Client Data Encrypted???
Does anyone know if the local copy of CRM 3.0 data on the Outlook Laptop client is encrypted? i.e., how secure is it if someone hacked into the machine? I am guessing not very. -- Thanks, Brian The Microsoft CRM 3.0 data is not encrypted via Microsoft CRM installation. Check out the Windows File system encryption capability. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Brian Hall" wrote: > Does anyone know if the local copy of CRM 3.0 data on the Outlook Laptop > client is encrypted? i.e., how secure is it if someone hacked into the > ...

Picklist data table in MS CRM database
Where is Picklist data stored in MS CRM database? -- romeo!! you should get it in stringmap table. HTH Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- "romeo" <romeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C7203E3-AA1A-41E3-85F3-BED82818A61B@microsoft.com... > Where is Picklist data stored in MS CRM database? > -- > romeo!! ...

External Data message
When saving a workbook with a pivot table is there a way to turn off this message "This workbook contains external data..." Yhe only 'exernal data' is on another worksheet in the same workbook. Why on earth does it have to pop up every time one saves? Thanks ...

Data Validation - List
Hello, I have two questions: 1) I would like to validate using a drop-down menu based upon a list found in a different workbook. I can easily Define a Name by refering to the named range in the other workbook. MainWorkbook Validation => List List => 'SourceWorkbook.xls'!Source_List SourceWorkbook Source_List => A1:A20 However, I don't want to have to have SourceWorkbook open. The only way I can think to get around it is to mirror Source_List in MainWorkbook as "Slave_List" and refer to it directly. However, Source_List changes in size. Is there a workshe...