Subform in Datasheet View - Lose the Field Names?

Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not*
show the "button-like" row that shows the field names?
--
Thanks,
tbl

No there isn't.  If you create a continuous style form, you can eliminate
the headings.  You can modify a continuous form so that it looks like a
'datasheet'.

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP
"tbl" <hateThatSpam@invalid.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not*
> show the "button-like" row that shows the field names?
> --
> Thanks,
> tbl

0
Joan
4/12/2007 5:47:07 PM
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:22:05 -0700, tbl wrote:

> Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not*
> show the "button-like" row that shows the field names?

In Form design view, select each label that shows the name of the
field. Set it's Caption property to a space.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Outlook viewing attachments
When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text together as they should be, when going directly to att.net. Also, same on iphone. On Outlook, however, the pics show up as attachments and each must be opened separately. I am sure there is a setting to make them show in the main body of the message. Can you help me? "kenh" <kenh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C81693E-C419-4B81-A398-F34C78E36DF4@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text > together as they sho...

Access 2000
Hello all, I have a field named Field213 that holds (CASETYPE) from the database. When I open the form, I want it to look at that field and make field163 visible depending on what it stored in Field213. Right now it only becomes visible if I manually change what is in field213, then field163 becomes visible. I should mention that I have field163 as visible no and display always, the same as field PBISUB, Field382 and Field163. Probably something simple, but I can't seem to see it right now. I have the following: Private Sub Field213_BeforeUpdate(iC As Integer) If Me!CASETYPE = &qu...

Manager Assist ...... Field Service Module
Hi to all, I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on the service call module...... is it a GP module or it is a separate software thank you in advance, ManageAssist is a seperate VB application that connects to the GP Field Service tables. It allows for both viewing of schedule calls as well as updating of certain records (i.e. Unavailable time, sick time, etc.) -- Gary Neumann Field Service Series Designer/Architect "Eng. Tareq Sabri" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on th...

Multi-field search form
Hi there, I am rather new to this place, so I would like to thank you all up front for any and all assistance you may provide. :) It has been a while since I worked with MS Access last. What I am trying to do is create a multi-field search form, where any of the fields can be filled which will display a result set. Preferably if no selection in the fields is made, the entire resultset should be shown - this is not a requirement, though. I seem to be a bit at a loss on how to procede with this task or to find any resources to help me get along. Again, thanks for any and ...

Edit the Auto Fill in the To: field
On the Send new message window, is there a way to edit the auto fill list for the To: Field. when i start to type in a name in the To Field the auto fill will provide a list of names to choose from. the one i most use is on the bottom of the list. How do i edit the list to get the one i use most to the top? Do you use the others as well? Editing the list will remove them from the list. If you again use the names, they will be added back to the same position. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-...

display the value of an unbound textbox in a field within a table
I created 3 textboxs to calculate the number of business days between 2 dates. The 3rd textbox contains the value. I now want to have this value displayed in a table field. I'm sure this is easy but I'm a complete novice and have spent far too much time on this already. Can anyone help! Fibi, The general concept of tables is that they are for storage of data in the background. They are not for display of data. That is what forms and reports are for. Therefore, the appearance of the data in the tables is not normally relevant, and the display of calculated values is im...

how do I have contacts and companies name is tasks
I'm new to outlook, When I create field chooser and have the Company Name & Contact name in fields Sometimes both Company name & Contact name shows up when I schedule a task. (That is what I want) However most of the time only the contact name shows up??? and no Company Name? Does anyone know why this is inconsistant? And How I can display both all the time? Thanks in advance Mike iselltape@cox.net ...

Domain name issue migrating 5.5 to Exchange 2003
We are prepairing to migrate Echange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. This has come up as an issue: Our domain is cornerstone instead of cornerstone.com Our email address is "firstname.lastname@cornerstonegrp.com" instead of: "firstname.lastname@cornerstone.com" ...

User Name prompts
Hi, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 and have a two word username separated by a space. I have been having this problem with Outlook wherein I have entered my username and password in the account setup process, but it still prompts me for it whenever it is checking for new messages. Also, when it prompts, it shows the username without the space. Does Outlook not accept usernames with space, because I tried changing the original settings many times, but every time I open the Edit window of email accounts, I see my user name without space. ...

HELP! When I removed Office XP did I lose by inbox file?
I didn't archive my inbox and personal folders before removing Office XP. Now I have reinstalled Office XP and thought I could find my old data files. but all of the import and repair tools work with PST which I don't have. I remember that previously there were seperate inbox files and can not find them now. Thank you for your input. Ron Be sure to show hidden and system files on your computer and then do a search for *.pst. This should get you started... "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093b01c3ba63$265a8120$a401280a@phx.gbl....

To auto-fill using names no longer in address
Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill feature that are no longer in the address book or contact list? If they are selected the properties for the entry states name is no longer valid Address Book entry. Thanks. State your Outlook version and what you mean by "autofill." Outlook has two different functions this could be: autoresolution or autocompletion. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e601c4913a$f07a15c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the names for the au...

how field name output same as input
Thanks for any help. I have a query from a couple tables, and one of the field names in the table is 'IGP' and I have a field in the query that was IGP and now I changed to IGP: iif(blah IGP blah) which gives me a circular error. The table is used by a bunch of other things, so I don't want to change the field name there, and the field name for the output is used by a bunch of things, so nor do I want to change the name there. I am using Access 2007. I thought about changing the output field to IGP_, and I could change the embedded queries in Excel that use it, but...

passing non-field value into vba
I need to pass the line item sequence number (lnitmseq) from the sales item detail entry window into vba. This isnt a visible field in the window, so i cannot "add field to vba" using the TOOLS --> customize toolbar window. Anyone have any idea how this can be done? Using the Modifier you can make the field visible, add it to VBA and then remove the modified window or make the field invisible again. While in the Window Layout mode, make sure that the Invisible fields are shown (Layout >> Show Invisible Fields) and then change the Visual Property, Visible = true and mov...

Digital ID name not found error in Outlook 2003 w/ Exchange 2000
WinXP Pro SP2 fully patched (upgraded from Win2K Pro SP4) Office 2003/Outlook 2003 SP2 fully patched I'm installing company issued certificates in Outlook 2003 for the first time for digital signature and encrypted email. When I try to send email with my digital signature I get the error: Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system I have removed and reinstalled these certs several times (including system reboots after removal) with no change. I went to thawte.com and got a freemail cert issued but it gives the same error message when I try to use ...

Derived Field
I'd like to add a derived field to this situation: Parent Table : Shipments (pk)Shipment_No Shipment_Date Shipment_Size ....other fields... Child Table : Shipment_Inspection Shipment_No (connected field) Number_Out_Tolerance (bad ones in the shipment) ....other fields... I'd like to make a derived field "der_percent_good" that takes the shipment size that the inspection belongs to and does (1 - Number_Out_Tolerance/Shipment_Size)*100 to find the percent of the shipment that is Good. Thanks! ...

Date/Time field calculation
Hello, i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. Thanks On Jun 21, 10:02 am, Stathis <s_paraske...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of > time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. > Thanks You need to do the calculation at a level at least 1 level below what you want the answer to be in. Example msgbox DateDiff("h", #6/20/2007 1:00:00 AM#, #6/20/2007 1:30:00 PM#) will give an ans...

Rule not matching "from" field
I want to set up a rule that will match words in the "From" field. Sometimes I get mail like this: From: bill@somedomain.com [mailer@someotherdomain.com] I want to match "bill@somedomain.com". I can't figure out how to match it. I can't pick "from people or distribution list" because it won't let me match arbitrary email addresses. I can't pick "with specific words in the sender's address" it just doesn't work. So far as I can tell, it will only match the part in the brackets. Anon E. Mouse <fake@fake.com> wrote: &...

Sort column with first and last name by last name
Hello, I have a mailing list with 10,000 names. The first cell has first an last name in the same cell. First name is listed first. Is there formula to sort and/or separate text in a cell. I would like to sort o separate the first name from the last in the cell to allow for a mai merge by name. Using Excel 2002. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have just first and last names separated by a space, Data>Text to Columns would be the easiest method to split into two columns. If more than that, like names with van or von or de etc. you may need a different m...

Outlook/Inaccurate Check Names Resolve
I currently have Outlook 2002 with Exchange 2000 and am in a network environment. I've noticed that if I modify an existing contact to reflect perhaps a new email address, when I compose a message in Outlook and use the check names feature, where it populates my TO field automatically by typing a few of the letters of the name, it pops in the old address of that contact, even though I've modified it to the new address. Also, if the few letters that I type match a few different contact names, a suggestion list comes up and the incorrect (old) address for this person is also ...

Can get UserProperty Names but not Values?
>From C++ using UserProp->Name I can get the name of a UserProperty, but UserProp->Value.bstrVal always returns nothing, anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong and has anyone ever accessed UserProperties from C++? UserPropertiesPtr UserProps = Con->UserProperties; if (UserProps->Count > 0) { tot = UserProps->Count; UserPropertyPtr UserProp; for (i=1;i < tot + 1;i++) { UserProp = UserProps->Item(i); MessageBox(NULL,UserProp->Name,"Test - Name",MB_OK); char* sText; sText = (char*)UserProp->Val...

Getting machine name when connecting to db
We have an application in Access 2000, front end/back end design,10-12 users. I want to save the dates and times they enter and exitfrom the app from their workstations in a table in the back end.How do I get the name of their workstation to save to that table? Theworkstations have names like "sales1", "sales2", "Reception", etc.Paul Fenton Add error handling as required. Place in a module and call functionwhen needed.'example by Donavon Kuhn (Donavon.Kuhn@Nextel.com)Private Const MAX_COMPUTERNAME_LENGTH As Long = 31Private Declare Function GetComputerName L...

Hide a field in a report
I am building a report using fields that are in tables. One of the fields in the report is "Do Not Use". I want to build an expression that says if "Do Not Use" is marked "1" in the table, then remove that line from the report. If "Do Not Use" is marked "0", keep that line in the report. Please help! Thanks! In your query use a calculated field like this -- Hide_Field: IIF([Do Not Use] = 1, Null, [Do Not Use]) Then in the report set the textbox Can Grow property to Yes and drag the size of the textbox to a hairline. If the output is...

How do I use text in a cell as a range name in a formula
If cell A1 had the text TEST in it and TEST is the name I have given to a group of cells using the name box what formula can I use to give me the sum of TEST, thats is the sum of the cells in the group called TEST. I understand that I can simply have =SUM(TEST), but I want the formula to refer to Cell A1 to get the name ie =SUM(A1) doesn't work obviously Any help appreciated Thank you In this case, you want to use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =SUM(INDIRECT(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kiwi" &...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

Re:Name on Outgoing Email
Thanks,Vanguard.the second option worked,changing the User Name in Outlook's email accounts dialog box sends that name and not the "hotmail" name out. ...