Subform displaying all 24158 records in Products Table

I created a form/subform using the form wizard.  This was based on 2
queries.  1 for the Invoice Summary and 1 for the Invoice Detail.
When you select the (open the form to view or enter information
option) the subform has 24158 records.  All have the same Product
Number but the descriptions represent every record in the Products
table.  All 24158 of them.

The "link child fields" and "link master fields" properties are blank
in the respective tables.

I am obviously doing something drastically wrong.

Please help.

Thanks
Mark

0
mthornblad

You need to set the Invoice Number as the LinkChild/MasterFields.  Then only
records that have the Invoice Number of the MainForm will show in the SubForm.

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy

Summary of Production
I have 3 ranges R5:R9 R22:R26 R39:R43 Is it possible to have a summary of products made in these ranges e.g R5="Product1" Y5=230 R6="Product2" Y6=250 R7="Product3" Y7=150 R22="Product4" Y22=100 R23="Product1" Y23=200 R24="Product2" Y24=150 R39="Product2" Y39=225 R40="Product5" Y40=125 Product1 = 430 Product2 = 625 Product3 = 150 Product4 = 100 There maybe days we don't make Product2 so I wouldn't want to display that product. I know I can sumif, but I only want to sum the values actually in the &q...

Counting Number Records per Unique ID, saving it to another table:
I have a form frmVendors with a subform frmPayments. The main form shows information on vendors, and the subform is a continuous form which lists the checks paid out to each vendor. Users are typically entering new payments into the subform on the main form. The forms are linked to tables: Linked by VendorID (one to many) tblVendor: Key=VendorID, Vendor Name, Vendor Address, Vendor State, Vendor City tblPayments: Key=CheckID, VendorID, PaymentAmount There is a field in tblVendor called NumberChecks to show the total amount of checks paid out to that vendor. There is a text box on th...

Pivot Table inquiry
How can I remove the field length restriction in a pivot table? It looks like it cuts it off at about 150 characters. ...

look up tables and getting rid of the #N/A
When you do not have information for a cell how do you get it to leave the cell blank or return a zero as opposed to the #N/A Typically, you would pre-test for the item to find.... Here are a couple ways: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH("find_me",A1:A10,0)),VLOOKUP("find_me",A1:C10,3,0),"") or =IF(COUNTIF("find_me",A1:A10),VLOOKUP("find_me",A1:C10,3,0),"") Is that something you can work with? Regards, Ron Coderre Microsoft MVP (Excel) "smiley61799" <smiley61799@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2154B71-3BBB-...

Month in report header based on dates in data table
I am creating a report based on a table containing transactions for various days of a month. I would like to have the appropriate month print on the report. For example, my data may have transactions for May 2, 6, 27, and 30 and I'd like the report to print "May 2007". Can anyone tell me how to do this? Many thanks in advance, TomD On Fri, 11 May 2007 09:39:02 -0700, TomD wrote: > I am creating a report based on a table containing transactions for various > days of a month. I would like to have the appropriate month print on the > report. For example, my data m...

Adding a series of tables
Hello, all. I am an experienced programmer but a rookie Excel user. I wonder if someone can help me with a simple problem? I am the scorekeeper for my son's Little League team and I want to keep track of the team's statistics. I have two tables per game, showing the hitting and pitching statistics in the usual way, e.g., AB R H RBI Fred 5 2 3 2 and so on. I have my spreadsheet set up with each game in a separate worksheet. What I want is a "season total" table that sums up the statistics for all of the games. Since the playe...

Excel 2003: In a Macro,how to select a variable row length table
I wish to create a macro that will perform functions upon multiple rows of data. The number of rows of data will change every time. Problem : I create a macro by recording. I select rows of data using CTRL/down arrow on the last column and then selecting back to the first column of the first data row. This appears to 'hard code' the number of rows of data to be the number of rows that exists at the time of macro creation. When I run the macro another time it then selects the same number of rows as when the macro was created, which will then not match the new current data. i...

CRM 3.0 Mobile and Product sales
Hi, How to sell product with CRM mobile ? When I create New Opportuni in with CRM mobile client Device i can not add new opportunity products! When the Opportunity ir create with CRM and then sincronized to Mobile device then I can Only read product information. Is there some solution to add end change oportunity products with in CRM mobile? Martins ...

Query Not Returning Correct Amount of Records
I have 6 tables that I have built 6 different queries on. Individually, these queries return the correct amount of records in the tables. Which is 80 records in all tables involved. Then I built a query that collects data from the 6 queries and this query returns 75 records. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Don As a guess, your query is not correctly structured for the data you have. For instance, if one of the 6 tables does not have a matching record that could cause you to "lose" a record or two in the query if you have set up a join to that table and have n...

Query based Subform will not allow editing
I have a maintenance DB that has energy lockout points associated with pieces of equipment so we can safely do maintenance. I have an 'edit existing lockout' form, based on a query, that lists in a subform the various points required for a certain piece of equipment. My system used to work, but now I can edit the main, but the subform has locked me out. All I get is a doorbell tone when I attempt to enter info. I can enter the req'd info in the tables, but but my form went snafu. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Does your query allow editing? Check the asterisk in the record...

Merging Workbook Table data Based upon Value comparisons
I have two workbook tables (Two different workbooks) with two matching column names. What I wish to do is to merge values from one table to another, but ONLY for those records inwhich these two columns have matching values. Would this be possible? Jay Are you saying you have two workbooks, or are the tables within one workbook? "jayceejay" <jayceejay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC73B2C7-83EF-4D27-A464-32AEEE7D4214@microsoft.com... >I have two workbook tables (Two different workbooks) with two matching >column > names. What I wish to do ...

Outlook Today
I have two problems in Outlook Today. Here's the scenario. Today is Saturday 3rd Jan, 2004. In Customize Outlook Today I have "Show this number of days in my calendar as 7 " In Outlook Today under the Calendar column I have a multi-day event correct displayed under today. However, even though this multi-day event ends on Tuesday 6th Jan I cannot see any further listings for it in the Calendar Column. Should I not see it listed for Sunday and Monday and Tuesday as well? The second problem is I have an appointment penned in for Sunday 4th, 2004. (i.e. tomorrow) yet this is now...

how do I record times from track meets and find averages
I need toot been able keep track of athletes time and find averages. I have not been able to figure it out. go over to debra's site: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html some files have been provided for download. check what fits you requirement -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

how do I chage mm/day format display to "workweek" display?
I'd like to change the default format in which the "weeks" are displayed, which is starting date of the week. Instead or in addition to that I'd like to display it as a work week. for e.g. the Week of july 3th would be 26ww while the week of july10th would be 27ww. ...

OL2003 Registration codes and Installed Product IDs
Hi to all, In a growing department, we have bought ad hoc licences of Outlook 2003 and are trying to reconcile which machines have which software. On the CD we have the yellow sticker with the installation key, but it doesn't match the number at all in the Help About. Is there a way to tell which Installer CD belongs to which PC? TIA Download, install and run Belarc Advisor. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html It will list all hardware components, installed Microsoft Hotfixes, Software licenses, including KEYs for newer products. "Gary" <cc@dd.com> wrote in...

PIVOT TABLE FORMATTING #2
If I have a pivot table with the following info: County, date, and lot #'s sold by county; how can i sort this horizontally so that the counties go across the top and under each county it sums up the number of lots? Hi, Put the Country field into the Column area. Do you really want to sum lot numbers or do you want to count lot number? To count or sum them they would be put in the Data area. Hope this helps because we don't have much to go on. If it does please click the Yes button. If not give us more details. What else is on your pivot table, are you counting, summing ...

Caption title is not appearing in caption table
I'm using Word 2003. Currently my List o' Captions looks like: Figure 1......1-3 I want it to display the caption text instead of (or along side) the Figure number. How?? Seems that I've clicked and checked everything, but probably not. Thanks! Hello TFX TFX Kurt wrote: > I'm using Word 2003. Currently my List o' Captions looks like: > > Figure 1......1-3 > > I want it to display the caption text instead of (or along side) the Figure > number. select the very first character of the list. Since it's supposed to be a TOC...

Auto-refresh Pivot Table upon opening
Over the past couple of days, I have been asking questions about a macro that auto-refreshes a pivot table upon opening it (meanwhile I have a macro that works). Yesterday I noticed that the Pivot Table options (Excel 2002) provides an option "refresh on open." Does selecting this option do exactly what I was looking for? Yes, the "Refresh on open" setting will do what you want, unless the worksheet is protected. If it is protected, you can run a macro when the workbook opens, to unprotect, refresh, and protect. K. Georgiadis wrote: > Over the past couple of da...

Linking Price Lists to Products
I am having a problem linking products to a price list. I need to be able to import price lists from time to time, but it seems that I need to attach each product to a price list manually, one at a time. Is there a better way to do this? ...

#Deleted# records in Form
I've struggled with this before. It's been quite a while since I programmed in Access. When you delete a record from the source of a form, how do you get it to stop showing up as #Deleted#? I've tried Requery.... ?? TIA Ok, Crazy, Here is a function that will delete the current record and make that annoying #Deleted# disappear. If you have a Delete command button on the form, call it like this: DelCurrentRec(Me) I have this function is a Standard Module so I can call it from any form. Public Function DelCurrentRec(ByRef frmSomeForm As Form) Dim rst As Recordset O...

Classes for displaying waveform data?
I am searching for classes that can intelligently display waveform data based on zoom factor , window size, scale etc. Has anyone seen something like that? I have displays running now which look ok but they need to more intelligently handle zooming and such. Thanks Elan Would this sort of thing work for you: http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/wave_editor.html Tom "Elan Magavi" <Elan@nomailnospam.com> wrote in message news:ybQqh.26886$QU1.15802@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net... >I am searching for classes that can intelligently display waveform data >base...

Pivot Table Field Header

OWA doesnt display inbox items when clicked on.
I work for a private school, so money isn't flowing endlessly for out IT department. Having said that, we are still using exchange 5.5 (quite comfotably and securely actually). The version of OWA with 5.5 works great for about 95% of my faculty members. However, for a few, they can login to OWA fine and see thier inbox items fine, but when they click on those items to read them, a box appears on screen for a split second, then disappears. It is almost as if their built in pop-up blocker is running, but even disabling that doesnt fix this problem. Any suggestions? thanks in advance jazz ...

DNS issues, reverse lookup, MX records
Hello, I've done some searching in the groups, but I'd like to pose a specific scenario. We are getting these errors: #4.7.1 smtp;450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your reverse hostname, This is the situation. Our domain name is registered with network solutions. Our website is hosted with Yahoo on a business account. Yahoo used to host our email as well. Recently we put in a local SBS 2003 server to host our Exchange locally. Originally our Network solutions account had all DNS pointing to Yahoo's name servers, as it should have. We wanted to switch the MX reco...

Naming a subform from a main form
I'm having a heck of a time getting to a control on a sub form from a main form. I use the following convention Forms![frm MAIN_FORM]![frm SUB_FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] However when I run the code, I get an error message informing me Access cannot find the field named [frm SUB_FORM]. Then I tried taking the mainform out of the line leaving me with Forms![frm SUB-FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] Then the message reads can find find the form named frm subform. As far as I can tell the subform is opened. I can see it. I'm baffled. Can you help me? Common problem!! Open your main form in d...