Strange barcode like lines appearing in all forms

All,
  This morning I went to update a form and when I opened the form in Design
mode I noticed what looked like a bunch of small black squares containing
barcode images of some sort.
Even when I go to create a new form from scratch, these images show up.
Anyone have any idea what is causing this? I am using Access 2002 on a
Terminal Server runing Windows 2000.

Even if I open reports in design mode I get these strange characters.

Thank you,

Thomas Kroljic

0
Thomas

It appears that a virus (trojan.bredolab) was on the server. I removed this
virus and the small little black squares stopped appearing on all forms and
report. Not 100% sure this caused the problem.

"Thomas Kroljic" <tkroljic@covad.net> wrote in message
> All,
>  This morning I went to update a form and when I opened the form in Design
> mode I noticed what looked like a bunch of small black squares containing
> barcode images of some sort.
> Even when I go to create a new form from scratch, these images show up.
> Anyone have any idea what is causing this? I am using Access 2002 on a
> Terminal Server runing Windows 2000.
>
> Even if I open reports in design mode I get these strange characters.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Thomas Kroljic

0
Thomas

Sub Form Combo Box
I don't understand why this code does not work. When the user enters a date in a text box the subform combo box (CA_NAME) should only show two choices. But nothing happens, no error, nothing.. Help please.... Private Sub TR_ACKNOWLTR_GotFocus() If Me.TR_ACKNOWLTR <> " " Then Me!frmCaseLog!CA_NAME.RowSource = "Select * from tblCommitteeName where [C_Committee] = 'AG'or 'AL'" End If End Sub "Dan @BCBS" <DanBCBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A659C4-1110-449F-91F5-23FD17A41014@microsoft.com... >I...

Username/Domain/Password prompt appearing when attempting to download Offline Address Book (Outlook 2000) #2
Evening all! Hope someone can help me with this, before I lose ALL my hair! :o) We've got multiple Outlook 2000 users who connect an exchange server, but they an "Enter Password" box appears, prompting for a Username, Domain & Password. The box is blank & no matter what u enter it just re-appears, until they press the ESC key once. The box'll then disappear & Outlook closes OK...but I don't think the Offline address book is updating. 20% of the time, the box doesn't appear when closing Outlook, it's just the other 80%! :( They get this whether they...

Result of crosstab query in form
Hi. In Access 2007 I'm trying to display the result of a crosstab query in a (continuous) form. In the Form_Open event I fill the label Caption and text control ControlSource with the field names from the query. But when I open the form the text controls display the #Name? error. Even when I fill the control sources with the correct field names (selected from the list) I get the message the name is not in the list... What is the solution? Thanks in advance, Ronald. Ronald wrote: >In Access 2007 I'm trying to display the result of a crosstab query in a >...

display selection in form
Hi, In a form I display products. One of the fields in the records is "supplier". Beneath this field I placed a commandbutton "details". Clicking this button shows details of the supplier. These details are stored in a query called "supplierinfo". I built a form "frm SuppInfo"that displays the info of this query. How can I display only the matching record of "supplierinfo" Example: the value of "supplier" in the form products is "Johnson". Clicking the commandbutton must display the record in the query where the val...

Mail-Enabled User Not Appearing in GAL
Hey folks. Strange query.. using Win2K3Ent and Exch2k3Ent, with latest SPs and hotfixes installed on both. Trying to create a mail-enabled user (giving impression of internal user actually aliased to an external SMTP address). I'm under the impression (confirmed by checking 70-284) that a mail-enabled user should appear in the GAL after a short while, and be available for clients such as Outlook to select directly (yet be aliased at the postoffice level). No matter what I try, I cannot get the user to appear in the GAL. Using ExchSysMgr, if I query the GAL, the user appears happ...

Using Bound Form and controls to inquire and update with other requirements
Most of the stuff I have done in Access mainly dealt with unbound forms due to the fact that I have issues with how error checking is done. It's been a long while since I have worked with Access and now having to get back into it, but only this time with bound forms and controls. I am still needing to use my custom error checking code to get around the fact that without such code, when doing data validation on individual controls (when moving from one control to another) as opposed to doing data validation on the whole form (moving from one record to another record), data validati...

Replace Option Group Value from form with text in report header
Hi all, Question: How can I convert the numerical option group value from a form to a string value and place it in the control source of a textbox in a report header? I have a form used to 'build' reports: users choose a query, a report, and then the rest of the controls on the form are used to build a 'where' clause for the DoCmd.OpenReports statement attached to a command button which opens the report based on all the user's choices. I've tried creating a variable on the report in the declarations area and then using a select case statement in the 'open&...

Why doesn't what I enter in the function bar appear in the cell?
I have a workbook that contains several copies of a master template worksheet. On one of these sheets when I enter text, it appears correctly in the function bar, but appears as a string of &s in the cell. This has only just occurred, and as far as I know used to work OK, i.e. it used to appear as text in the cell. What could cause this and what do I need to do to put it right? You wrote that the text appears as apersands (&). Did you really mean octothorpes (#)? If yes, then try formatting that cell as General--or anything but Text. Chris Mitchell wrote: > > I...

Repeat data from previous records in a form
I am creating a a form for data entry and want to know if there is a way to repeat data in fields from the previous record (or default to previous record). For example, I user has 100 entries - I would like to set up the form so they do not have to enter their ID each time they enter a record. When you hold the ctrl key and click the apostrophe key ' access copies the contents of the same field from the previous record. This assumes that the new record immediately follows the old record so you may have to sort the source table and requery it after each time a new record is inserted...

Forms Drop down list
I created a form that works from a table. From the form you can enter information and it will put it into the table. I would like to create a field in the form where the user can selects what to be inputed from a drop downlist. how would I do that? You need to first create another table which contains the values you want to list, each as a separate row in the table. If the values to be looked up are unique, then the 'referenced' table and the 'referencing' table can have the same column, e.g. a States table could have a State column, and the referencing table, e.g. a ...

do you like 2007?
I tried to download Outlook 2007, in order to evaluate it, but 2007 wants me to uninstall 2003. So, I did not install 2007. Do you use 2007? Do you like it? Thanks. Talal Itani Talal Itani <titani@verizon.net> wrote: > I tried to download Outlook 2007, in order to evaluate it, but 2007 > wants me to uninstall 2003. So, I did not install 2007. Do you use > 2007? Do you like it? Thanks. I just installed my copy of Office Pro 2007 today. I'm quite impressed, even though I've only experimented for about 15 minutes at this point. One odd thing: I thought ...

Warning while inserting lines in Excel 2000
I have a worksheet with about 4000 lines of data. I am trying to insert lines into the worksheet but I get the following warning and I can't insert the line: "To prevent possible loss of data Microsoft Excel can not shift nonblank cells off the worksheet." I have recently inserted a pivot table as a separate worksheet and I did not have this problem before then, but I don't know if this is just a coincidence. Try to reset the used range. Excel thinks that you have data in the last rows/columns http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Peo Sjo...

Strange mail delivery
Hi, I have an exch2k3 organisation with 6 (3 exch2k and 3 exch 2k3 enterprise) mail servers in 3 locations. All mail passing through 3 out of 6 servers is logged to public folders. These public folders are not always on the same server as the sender or recipient of the mail which is logged. What now happens is that sometimes mail is delivered to the public folder and not to the user, as well as the other way around. (mail passing throug server Verona is logged in Public folder Management on server Milano for example). Another strange issue I have is that two users keep getting mail f...

How do I set up a line

How do I develop an employment agreement form
Need assistance in developing an employment agreement form Specifically what kind of help are you looking for? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Quirky" <Quirky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016FABD1-D4CC-422C-B4ED-A52D52C1E44F@microsoft.com... > Need assistance in developing an employment agreement form ...

How to..use worksheet form and save data to an Excel list
I'm using Excel 2003. Is is possible to create a worksheet form where the user enters data, saves the data and the data is then saved to the last row in an Excel list? Once the data is saved by the end user, I would like the form to refresh so that the end user can continue entering additional data. Does anyone know of any documentation or examples I could review regarding the above as I have never done this before? TIA. Maybe just Data|Form would be sufficient. If that doesn't fit your needs, look at John Walkenbach's enhanced data form: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform...

Hiding forms
Hi, Is any anyway to hide all the forms in a database which is much like the hidden tables as show below. Set db = CurrentDb For i = db.TableDefs.Count - 1 To 0 Step -1 db.TableDefs(i).Properties("Attributes").Value = dbHiddenObject Next Thanks This code snippet loops through the AllForms collection and sets the Hidden attribute to True. Dim lngLoop As Long For lngLoop = 0 To Application.CurrentProject.AllForms.Count - 1 Application.SetHiddenAttribute acForm, _ Application.CurrentProject.AllForms(lngLoop).Name, True Next lngLoop To reverse the process: Di...

Scaling the x-axis on a line chart
I am having trouble scaling the x-axis so that the intervals are equal. The source data is not in equal intervals, it goes 0.0,0.2,0.4,0.45,0.5,0.6,0.7,0.8,0.9 (I think). What can I do to make the interval on the graph 0.2? I'm using XP. Don't make a line chart. Make an XY chart, using the markers and lines option. Then you can double click the X axis and set any appropriate tick spacing. An XY chart treats X and Y as continuously varying numerical values. A line chart treats Y that way, but treats X as non-numerical text labels. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel M...

table
with a vba macro I populated a table, the size of this table is variable in each execute this macro. and with this table I create pivot table, Database functions, but How to use all resources with all data? suggestions and examples thanks Marina Hi Marina Create a dynamic named range for your data. Insert>Name>Define>Mydata Refers to =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA(A:A),10) The above example would create a range which contained as many rows as are present in column A, and the would be 10 columns wide. Change the formula as appropriate to your data location. Then in the Pivot Tab...

Multi line watermark
Is there a way to create a 6 line watermark in Word 2007? Thank you in advance for your help Yes. Watermarks are just WordArt, which can have multiple lines. You may not be able to do this through the WordArt dialog, but you can certainly create it manually, as a washed out WordArt object anchored to the header and formatted as Behind Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dottie" <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24E106FB-D6A0-4CDE-82D0-CF6A024C5517@microsoft....

Combination chart - Line
Hello! I am trying to create a combination chart that has bars and a line. The bars should all relate to one axis while the line should relate to the secondary axis. The problem is that when I make the chart, it relegates one of my bars to a line. I can change the axis to the primary where it should be but it is a line, not a bar. I have also tried making a column only chart and add in my line and secondary axis but to no avail. As soon as I put in the secondary axis, Excel converts one of my bars to a line. Any input would be a great help! Thanks, Debbie Hi, Make you own com...

Importing image into Image Control on a Form
Access97 I have a form for spare parts information and selection. For the parts I have a library of jpg files held in a shared drive. When the operator selects a part number in a list I have the image appear in an Image control on the form - this is working very well and is fast. But there is a pesky "Importing [image path and filename]..." box flashing momentarily on the screen each time. Is there a way to suppress/hide this pop-up ? Any help gratefully appreciated. Piri Check http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0038.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft A...

How do I group multiple lines of excel info for easy sorting
I am putting a correspondence review in a big project. There are 7 columns: Date, Form, From, To, Re:, Comments, Pages. Information in some of the columns contain multiple lines. What I want to do is, I want to put the information in and finally sort them according to dates. How do I group all information for a specific correspondence so that when I sort all information will be attached to the date. Thank you. Seems like you have the date in the first column. If not, it should be Then select all cells: A2:G100 assuming your first date entry starts in A2 and is 100 rows down by 7 ...

Strange Occurence
I have a rather large file (~20 megs) whenever I save it now using Excel 2002 or 2003 it replaces certain cells with the contents of another cell. The cells that are replaced are always the same, but don't seem to have any pattern or linking, and the cells that replaces them is always the same. It doesn't happen with Excel 2000, and only seems to happen when I save. I've looked through the VBA code and there isn't anything there that would do this. Any help woul dbe greatly appreciated. Thanks -- cmk18 -------------------------------------------------------------------...

Multiple Muliselect Listbox form update
Hello, I am trying to work though getting multiple muliselect listboxes to work. Got the first one to work but I can't get the second one to work. They are going to be cascading to filter a subform. my code that doesn't work is: Private Sub BarType_Click() Dim MyDB2 As Database Dim qdf2 As QueryDef Dim i2 As Integer, strSQL2 As String Dim strwhere2 As String, strIN2 As String Dim ctl2 As Control Dim frm2 As Form Dim varItm2 As Variant sDocName2 = "BarInquiry SearchBarTypes" Set MyDB2 = CurrentDb() Set frm2 = Forms!BarInquiry Set ctl2 = frm2!BarType ...