Showing specific data

In A2003 I was able to put a command button on a form that when clicked would
display another form which would contain specific data; i.e. a form of
employees would then disaplay their absences. I built the button through the
wizard and selected the "open form and find specific data to display". This
works fin e in A2003, but when I build it ion A2007, the resulting form
displays all my data, but says it's filtered. Can I see just what I want to
see?

Thanks

Nigel,
   Since you are opening a new form from another open form, and the
"calling" form has a key value that identifies just that employee
information (ex.  EmployeeID).  We'll use form names of frmFirst, and
frmAbsences

   Use the button's OnClick event to...
(use your own object names, and leave frmFirst Open)

        DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAbsences", , , "EmployeeID =
Forms!frmFirst!EmployeeID

   This will open the Absences form at the specific Employee you were
viewing on frmFirst.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In A2003 I was able to put a command button on a form that when clicked
> would
> display another form which would contain specific data; i.e. a form of
> employees would then disaplay their absences. I built the button through
> the
> wizard and selected the "open form and find specific data to display".
> This
> works fin e in A2003, but when I build it ion A2007, the resulting form
> displays all my data, but says it's filtered. Can I see just what I want
> see?
>
> Thanks

0
Al
2/27/2008 1:56:32 PM
Thanks for your reply, but why can't I use the wizard to create this as I've
done before?

"Al Campagna" wrote:

> Nigel,
>    Since you are opening a new form from another open form, and the
> "calling" form has a key value that identifies just that employee
> information (ex.  EmployeeID).  We'll use form names of frmFirst, and
> frmAbsences
>
>    Use the button's OnClick event to...
> (use your own object names, and leave frmFirst Open)
>
>         DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAbsences", , , "EmployeeID =
> Forms!frmFirst!EmployeeID
>
>    This will open the Absences form at the specific Employee you were
> viewing on frmFirst.
> --
>     hth
>     Al Campagna
>     Microsoft Access MVP
>     http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
>     "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In A2003 I was able to put a command button on a form that when clicked
> > would
> > display another form which would contain specific data; i.e. a form of
> > employees would then disaplay their absences. I built the button through
> > the
> > wizard and selected the "open form and find specific data to display".
> > This
> > works fin e in A2003, but when I build it ion A2007, the resulting form
> > displays all my data, but says it's filtered. Can I see just what I want
> > see?
> >
> > Thanks

Checking Data Change on Close
I want a data editing form to check for any changes when an exit button is clicked. So here is the following code that I have done. (I always get Run Time Error 13. Type Mismatch) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Private Sub Form_Close() If Me.DataChange Then Dim strMsg As String Dim Cancel As Integer strMsg = "Data has changed." strMsg = strMsg & " Do you wish to save the changes?" strMsg = strMsg & " Click Yes to Save or No to Discard changes." If MsgBox(strMsg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, &...

Need to show percentage reduction on bar chart
Hi. I have a chart with two stacked columns on it. Say the values on the left stack are 200, 100, 80 and on the right stack 120, 40, 20. I want to display the totals on top of each stack ie 380 and 180. Secondly to the right of the right hand stack I want to show the percent reduction in each component. So 40%, etc. Is there a way to do these two tasks? Thanks. Put the totals (380, 180) into the worksheet, and add these as a new series. The series will be added as another stack, but right click on it, choose Chart Type, and select a line type to change it. The points are aligned ...

Graphing Multiple Data Points
What would be the best way to graph this and how? I've been trying to do a line graph because this is how we wanted it displayed but I'm having a hard time trying to figure this out. Sample Data Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Week 1 Occupancy 56% 65% 54% 75% 80% 82% 54% ADR $80.00 $85.00 $84.50 $86.50 $89.50 $84.26 $86.54 Week 2 Occupancy ADR Week 3 Occupany ADR Week 4 Occupancy ADR T...

Importing data & email from ACT! 6.0
Can someone tell me how this is done? I gather I should be able to go to Import, Import from another file or program, and then ACT! should be there as an option (but it is not). This is where I get stuck. if you are looking at importing data from outlook to act please find the attached link for more details http://itdomino.act.com/act.nsf/0/c2667caf1c0a2a0c88256c0f00512395?OpenDocum ent&Highlight=2,How,to,import,Outlook,in,ACT! -------------------- ====Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message ====From: <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ====Sender: <anonymous@discussi...

Excel Pivottable using data in Access 2002
I have been using Access 2000 to hold tables with lots ( 200,000 rows ) of data. In Access 2000 you can make a Pivottable Form which starts Excel and really makes the pivottable there although the data actually stays in Access. Works great. I've recently gotten Access 2002 which tries to make the Pivottables itself. It's not as good. I want this new verson of Access to work with Excel like the old version. This new verson offers to let me "export" the pivottable, but that tries to start Excel and copy the data in and there's too much data for it to be able to do tha...

Merge and/or export data on excel spreadsheet
My boss as asked me to find out if I can use the data in an excel spreadsheet (Names & addresses and e-mail addresses) to convert to a label in word and also to use it to easily export the addresses in outlook to send updated materials. Instead of retyping the information each time you want a label or retyping the e-mail addresses each time you send a new promotion. Try this web page of David McRitchie's: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may be...

Variables show in Print Preview but not when report prints
I have a form that requests a startdate and enddate for the transactions to be reported. In Print Preview, these two variables appear on the report header, but disappear when the report actually prints. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:30:01 -0700, Sam V wrote: > I have a form that requests a startdate and enddate for the transactions to > be reported. In Print Preview, these two variables appear on the report > header, but disappear when the report actually prints. Any help would be > greatly appreciated. What is the actual control source of...

Why Doesn't My Stock Option Account show up in reports?
I've tried everything simple I can think of. Can't seem to get my Options account to even be counted towards net worth or any other report. In microsoft.public.money, TonyT wrote: >I've tried everything simple I can think of. Can't seem >to get my Options account to even be counted towards net >worth or any other report. Have you tried Tools->Options->Investments->Calculate...BasedOn...ValueOfTotal... ? ...

Calculating page/report sums using calculated data from subquery
Here is a scenario from my report: The report will grab data with a main query into a parent row Depending on the data, a child row may exist, if it does the report will display it The child row will use data from the parent row in order to do a calculation in the child All of this works just fine and the report data is correct. Now, what I am having issues with is doing the page/report sum calculations. The requirements dictate that I need to create a sum of both the parent column and also the child column in the totals. I have been trying to do this all day and cannot see...

Why does my Money Market Fund show a loss?
I have investment in a Money Mkt Fund and all transtactions in this fund (BUY, SELL and Re-Invest Dividends) are executed at $1.00. Though, the Performance Reports and Portfolio page shows a Loss. I would think that since all the buys and sells are at $1.00 they should not result in any gain/loss and MS Money should simply add the Re-Invested Dividend to give the gain. However, my balance in the fund matches with the broker so, there should not be error in the entries. The issue is only in the Gain/Loss and Period Return amounts. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, Jay wrote: >I ha...

finding data between two numbers (1000-1999)and totaling correspo.
I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that start with 10.. I have to total the numbers from a corresponding column of all that match this criteria and display it. one way: With 4 digit numbers in A1:A1000, and corresponding column B: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INT(A1:A1000/100)=10),B1:B1000) In article <C4DEBCF8-A553-4D5C-8B22-9251CCE9177D@microsoft.com>, plasticmaker <plasticmaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that > start with 10.. I have to total the numbers fro...

why is my typing in message not showing up?
i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? Are you using stationary? Perhaps your text is set to be the same colour as the background. "camel" <camel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4694EA48-ABE5-48D9-AA7F-200A9E146F9C@microsoft.com... > i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message > even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? On 3/19/2010 8:45 AM, Orland, Kathleen wrote: > Are you using stationary? Pe...

Can reports show a percentage?
Is there a way to show a percentage in the SO reports? I would like a report to show the profit as a percentage of the sales on a few reports. Thanks, JD Byers Sure ... have several reports that I modified to show this. See below. Begin Column FieldName = "ProfitMargin" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" StoreIDFieldName = "" Title = "Margin" VBDataType = vbDouble Formula = "CASE WHEN ViewStoreSales.TotalSales > 0 THEN (VIEWStoreSales.TotalSales-VIEWStoreQty.TotalCost) / ViewStoreSales.TotalSales...

open form with no data
Hi, I have a form on which i present al lot of data from a database. On the form is a comobox which i use to select the right record en present the data of this record on the form. When i open de form, de combobox is empty (which is good !) but the rest of the form is already filled with the data of a record in the database (which is not good). When i choose a record for the combobox, the form is filled with the data of that particular record (which is good). So the only problem i have is on opening the form. Is it possible to open the form without it being filled with data...

Plotting data points on 2 axis
I have a table in excel Col A: name of stores Col B: % scores on Parameter A Col C: % scores on Parameter B I want to plot a chart with Parameter A on X-axis, Parameter B on Y-axis. The stores should be plotted as data points in all 4 quadrants. While the scores for Parameter A & B are in % (0 to 100), i want the base point as 60%. There would thus be stores (data points) in all four quadrants of the chart. How can i plot such a chart. Plz help. Regards Nikhil Make an XY chart using the data in columns B and C (parameters A and B). Format each axis scale so the other axis crosse...

automatic data transfer
I have a workbook with a number of sheets in it. The first sheet is the main "data" sheet. It holds data in about 15 columns. The first column is a specific ID. The data varie but the number of possible ID's is only about 23. In addition to the main "data" sheet there are subsequent Sheets titled by each individual ID. What I would like to happen is for every time I enter data in the main "data" sheet to automatically be transferred to the subsequent sheets depending on the specific Id. ...

How do I keep chart/data link when copying worksheet
I have a worksheet for each month within a file - each worksheet has data tables, and some charts generated from that data. With Excel 2003, when I copied a worksheet within the same file (for example, to create the July sheet, by copying the June sheet) the charts in the new (copied) July sheet correctly linked to the July data. When I do the same in Excel 2007, the charts in the July sheet link back to the June data instead. I have looked through the options and cannot see how to do this. Is the data on the same sheet as the chart? In 2003, if the chart was on a different worksheet, ...

account reconciliation does not show total deposits/checks
hi, this must have been answered before, but i couldn't find it, so here goes. i've got Money 2004, and now Money 2006 (trial version). all i want to do is balance a checking account with my bank statement, and i am used to seeing the total deposits and totals deductions as part of the process. even the Money help file says it should be in the left pane, but...it is not! and it is not present in either version. i couldn't find any settings to change for this. so, this looks like is a major flaw, can anyone help? i don't reallky want to switch to Quicken... thanks, ...

Primary DPM protected computers not showing
I have three DPM servers, two servers protect the production systems and a third protects the two DPM servers, including some of the protected computers on the two production DPM servers. When I look at one of the production DPM servers from the modify agent pop up I see all the protected computers show up and I was able to successfully add the protected computers to a storage group, however I have not been able to add any of the protected computers from the second production system because when I click on the modify tab none of the protected computers populate. At first ...

HITB Reset Tool Data Integrity has 38 pages of errors
I ran the inventory reconcile in the reset tool, then the data integrity and have 38 pages of error "open layer exists in purchase receipts table where valuation method not stamped." I checked one of the items in the IV10200 table and see that there is a 0 value for some of the records. How could an item have NO valuation method for a few records? This is a required field. The dates of these few records falls in the middle of the other data that has values. We've never changed our valuation methods, so is it safe to set these zeros to 1 to match our item card (ie FIF...

Creating new data file
How do I create a new data file in Outlook. at the moment I have one personal folder that contains every contact and mail in sub folders. I wish to create a business file that is solely for that purpose and is seperate from any of my other contacts. E.G. Business Folder> Enquiries Sales Purchases Orders Pending Shipped Contacts My server TN4 my Client win98 1. How do I create postoffice in server ? (with outlook 2000) 2. how do i create out look 2000 in my client win98? please send me about detail procedur conecting installation in server and client. thank four your attentions ...

Outlook 2003 messages no longer showing extending characters
Greetings, Has anyone else experienced this recently? It started happening over the last week. Does anyone know how to correct this issue? Thanks, Mike "Mike Forman" <msf427@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jhbDe.15687$3o4.10429@tornado.socal.rr.com... > Greetings, > > Has anyone else experienced this recently? It started happening over the > last week. Does anyone know how to correct this issue? > > Thanks, > > Mike > What do you mean by "extending characters"? Sorry. I receive a lot of messages from Asia. For some reas...

post card mail merge from excel data base
2 post card files, 1st file is info for front of card, 2nd post card file has return address and is used with mail merge. Can print either file and the printer prints on every page. With mail merge selected printer prints on one page, skips a page and prints on the 3rd page. I assume that it is printing the blank first page of the 2nd file. Why, How do I get arround this? Printer is Dell 1600n w/ no duplexing option. ...

Show only Journal entries in Delete bin, sort by deletion date
I posted a number of times about the problems I encountered with Ctrl- D (delete a Journal item) being right beside Ctrl-S (saving a journal item). On occasions where I actually notice an accidental deletion, one thing that could help is to be able to view only journal items in the Delete bin. Is there a way to do this? Another thing that might help is to be able to sort by deletion date. Is there a way to do this? Sometimes, I accidentally delete a journal entry from way back, and that basically means its buried in the Delete bin (which is normally sorted by date). Even if the d...

Excel Function for select data which NOT exist from the list
There are 2 data sets are assumed running in A3 and in B3 down, viz.: In A3 down is: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and L In B3 down is: B, A, H, C, F, I, K, J, H, C and J. The result which I want is to list or select the data which is NOT exist in the second set of data (Col B) when compare to the first set of data. In my example, the result is D, E, G, and L actomactic appear in cell C3, C4, C5 and C6 accordingly. I need an Excel formula to have this result! Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200804/1 Try thi...