Show Query Design Toolbar

I am starting my database with the database window and built-in
toolbars hidden. Certain people have the right to created new queries,
so I have created a button (which is visible only for these people)
that will display the database window so they can access queries.

The problem is the Query Design Toolbar is not displayed when they go
into Design view. I have tried to show the toolbar using the following
statement, without success:
---DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Query Design", acToolbarYes

I have tried putting this statement before and after the statement
that opens the database window, and it still doesn't show the toolbar.

So now I've tried to set the toolbar option to allow built-in toolbars
first, but that doesn't help either. My current code looks like the
following, so can anyone tell me what I missed or need to change?

    Application.SetOption "Built-In Toolbars Available", True
    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Query Design", acToolbarYes
    DoCmd.SelectObject acQuery, "", True

0
Larry

On May 2, 9:38 pm, Larry <llj...@netscape.net> wrote:
> I am starting my database with the database window and built-in
> toolbars hidden. Certain people have the right to created new queries,
> so I have created a button (which is visible only for these people)
> that will display the database window so they can access queries.
>
> The problem is the Query Design Toolbar is not displayed when they go
> into Design view. I have tried to show the toolbar using the following
> statement, without success:
> ---DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Query Design", acToolbarYes
>
> I have tried putting this statement before and after the statement
> that opens the database window, and it still doesn't show the toolbar.
>
> So now I've tried to set the toolbar option to allow built-in toolbars
> first, but that doesn't help either. My current code looks like the
> following, so can anyone tell me what I missed or need to change?
>
>     Application.SetOption "Built-In Toolbars Available", True
>     DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Query Design", acToolbarYes
>     DoCmd.SelectObject acQuery, "", True

WOW, no one has any suggestions? I didn't think this was that hard to
do, but I guess I was wrong! :(

0
Larry
5/7/2007 12:07:17 PM
I query the username of the person logged on

UserName = Environ("UserName") 'fOSUserName

and based on their AccessLevel (stored in a table) use this code:

 If rs![AccessLevel] < 5 Then
     DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Form Design", acToolbarNo
     DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarNo
     DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Table Datasheet", acToolbarNo
     DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Report Design", acToolbarNo
     Forms![frmMainMenu]![Administration Menu].Visible = False
     Forms![frmMainMenu]!DeleteButton.Visible = False
   Else
     DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarYes
     Forms![frmMainMenu]![Administration Menu].Visible = True
     Forms![frmMainMenu]!DeleteButton.Visible = True
   End If

This is in the startup form among the first code that runs.  In fact this
form remains invisible to the users at all times.

This may or not be relevant to your dB, but works well for mine!
Mich

"Larry" <lljo40@netscape.net> wrote in message
> On May 2, 9:38 pm, Larry <llj...@netscape.net> wrote:
>> I am starting my database with the database window and built-in
>> toolbars hidden. Certain people have the right to created new queries,
>> so I have created a button (which is visible only for these people)
>> that will display the database window so they can access queries.
>>
>> The problem is the Query Design Toolbar is not displayed when they go
>> into Design view. I have tried to show the toolbar using the following
>> statement, without success:
>> ---DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Query Design", acToolbarYes
>>
>> I have tried putting this statement before and after the statement
>> that opens the database window, and it still doesn't show the toolbar.
>>
>> So now I've tried to set the toolbar option to allow built-in toolbars
>> first, but that doesn't help either. My current code looks like the
>> following, so can anyone tell me what I missed or need to change?
>>
>>     Application.SetOption "Built-In Toolbars Available", True
>>     DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Query Design", acToolbarYes
>>     DoCmd.SelectObject acQuery, "", True
>
> WOW, no one has any suggestions? I didn't think this was that hard to
> do, but I guess I was wrong! :(

This is SO frustrating!

I understand your code and implemented something similar, but the toolbars
do NOT vanish! I have the following code and for those that are not
authorized, only the Menu bar vanishes, the toolbars stay there regardless.
Any ideas (btw, it's Access 2003)???

    gblnAuthorized = Authorized(GetUserID())

    If gblnAuthorized Then
        intToolbar = acToolbarWhereApprop
    Else
        intToolbar = acToolbarNo
    End If

    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Form Design", intToolbar
    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", intToolbar
    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Table Datasheet", intToolbar
    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Report Design", intToolbar
    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Query Design", intToolbar

"M Skabialka" wrote:

> I query the username of the person logged on
>
> UserName = Environ("UserName") 'fOSUserName
>
> and based on their AccessLevel (stored in a table) use this code:
>
>  If rs![AccessLevel] < 5 Then
>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Form Design", acToolbarNo
>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarNo
>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Table Datasheet", acToolbarNo
>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Report Design", acToolbarNo
>      Forms![frmMainMenu]![Administration Menu].Visible = False
>      Forms![frmMainMenu]!DeleteButton.Visible = False
>    Else
>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarYes
>      Forms![frmMainMenu]![Administration Menu].Visible = True
>      Forms![frmMainMenu]!DeleteButton.Visible = True
>    End If
>
> This is in the startup form among the first code that runs.  In fact this
> form remains invisible to the users at all times.
>
> This may or not be relevant to your dB, but works well for mine!
> Mich
>

> "Larry" <lljo40@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > On May 2, 9:38 pm, Larry <llj...@netscape.net> wrote:
> >> I am starting my database with the database window and built-in
> >> toolbars hidden. Certain people have the right to created new queries,
> >> so I have created a button (which is visible only for these people)
> >> that will display the database window so they can access queries.
> >>
> >> The problem is the Query Design Toolbar is not displayed when they go
> >> into Design view. I have tried to show the toolbar using the following
> >> statement, without success:
> >> ---DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Query Design", acToolbarYes
> >>
> >> I have tried putting this statement before and after the statement
> >> that opens the database window, and it still doesn't show the toolbar.
> >>
> >> So now I've tried to set the toolbar option to allow built-in toolbars
> >> first, but that doesn't help either. My current code looks like the
> >> following, so can anyone tell me what I missed or need to change?
> >>
> >>     Application.SetOption "Built-In Toolbars Available", True
> >>     DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Query Design", acToolbarYes
> >>     DoCmd.SelectObject acQuery, "", True
> >
> > WOW, no one has any suggestions? I didn't think this was that hard to
> > do, but I guess I was wrong! :(

Are you sure gblnAuthorized is getting initialized properly and returning
the true or false you expect?

"Larry" <lljo40@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> This is SO frustrating!
>
> I understand your code and implemented something similar, but the toolbars
> do NOT vanish! I have the following code and for those that are not
> authorized, only the Menu bar vanishes, the toolbars stay there
> regardless.
> Any ideas (btw, it's Access 2003)???
>
>    gblnAuthorized = Authorized(GetUserID())
>
>    If gblnAuthorized Then
>        intToolbar = acToolbarWhereApprop
>    Else
>        intToolbar = acToolbarNo
>    End If
>
>    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Form Design", intToolbar
>    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", intToolbar
>    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Table Datasheet", intToolbar
>    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Report Design", intToolbar
>    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Query Design", intToolbar
>

> "M Skabialka" wrote:
>
>> I query the username of the person logged on
>>
>> UserName = Environ("UserName") 'fOSUserName
>>
>> and based on their AccessLevel (stored in a table) use this code:
>>
>>  If rs![AccessLevel] < 5 Then
>>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Form Design", acToolbarNo
>>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarNo
>>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Table Datasheet", acToolbarNo
>>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Report Design", acToolbarNo
>>      Forms![frmMainMenu]![Administration Menu].Visible = False
>>      Forms![frmMainMenu]!DeleteButton.Visible = False
>>    Else
>>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarYes
>>      Forms![frmMainMenu]![Administration Menu].Visible = True
>>      Forms![frmMainMenu]!DeleteButton.Visible = True
>>    End If
>>
>> This is in the startup form among the first code that runs.  In fact this
>> form remains invisible to the users at all times.
>>
>> This may or not be relevant to your dB, but works well for mine!
>> Mich
>>

>> "Larry" <lljo40@netscape.net> wrote in message

>> > WOW, no one has any suggestions? I didn't think this was that hard to
>> > do, but I guess I was wrong! :(

Yes. I have done a Debug.Print on the value AND it is the value I use to
enable the form for write access as well. If it's not enabled, there are
several buttons hidden and such, and all that is working fine.

It's just the toolbars that are not working.

"M Skabialka" wrote:

> Are you sure gblnAuthorized is getting initialized properly and returning
> the true or false you expect?
>
> "Larry" <lljo40@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> > This is SO frustrating!
> >
> > I understand your code and implemented something similar, but the toolbars
> > do NOT vanish! I have the following code and for those that are not
> > authorized, only the Menu bar vanishes, the toolbars stay there
> > regardless.
> > Any ideas (btw, it's Access 2003)???
> >
> >    gblnAuthorized = Authorized(GetUserID())
> >
> >    If gblnAuthorized Then
> >        intToolbar = acToolbarWhereApprop
> >    Else
> >        intToolbar = acToolbarNo
> >    End If
> >
> >    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Form Design", intToolbar
> >    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", intToolbar
> >    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Table Datasheet", intToolbar
> >    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Report Design", intToolbar
> >    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Query Design", intToolbar
> >

> > "M Skabialka" wrote:
> >
> >> I query the username of the person logged on
> >>
> >> UserName = Environ("UserName") 'fOSUserName
> >>
> >> and based on their AccessLevel (stored in a table) use this code:
> >>
> >>  If rs![AccessLevel] < 5 Then
> >>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Form Design", acToolbarNo
> >>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarNo
> >>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Table Datasheet", acToolbarNo
> >>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Report Design", acToolbarNo
> >>      Forms![frmMainMenu]![Administration Menu].Visible = False
> >>      Forms![frmMainMenu]!DeleteButton.Visible = False
> >>    Else
> >>      DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Menu Bar", acToolbarYes
> >>      Forms![frmMainMenu]![Administration Menu].Visible = True
> >>      Forms![frmMainMenu]!DeleteButton.Visible = True
> >>    End If
> >>
> >> This is in the startup form among the first code that runs.  In fact this
> >> form remains invisible to the users at all times.
> >>
> >> This may or not be relevant to your dB, but works well for mine!
> >> Mich
> >>

> >> "Larry" <lljo40@netscape.net> wrote in message

Report showing ID numbers only
I have tables set up, linked properly, forms, etc. Since I did forms and subforms, I had to create separate tables and link them, so I used a primary key ID in the tables. So far my database shows it is working - when information is entered into the form, it shows up in the correct tables and all that, but since I used all these primary keys, the tables just have a bunch of the numbers that pertain to what was input rather than actual words. I created a query with the fields that I want shown in the report, and I created the report and when I run it it shows up the correct fields I want...

Make Table Query
I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:40:24 -0700, dswiders@gmail.com wrote: >I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query >that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current >database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? A date is just a field value. Saving today's date as a Table is almost certainly VERY bad design. Why do an expensive, awk...

Follow up flag not showing up
When I flag a message for follow up in Outlook 2000, the red flag does not appear. What can I do to fix this? Is the message in the Inbox or a sub folder "PMcHugh" <pmchugh@comcast-spectacor.com> wrote in message news:1935b01c42184$3661df40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I flag a message for follow up in Outlook 2000, the > red flag does not appear. What can I do to fix this? ...

Corstabquery or normal query
Hello, Maybe I have a langguage problem in expressing my difficulties, but here is what I wanted Normal report based on the normal query: Year 2005 No. Position Name 1, Elder Mr. A 2. clerck Mr. B 3. Deacon Mr. C Year 2006 1, Elder Mr. D 2. clerck Mr. E 3. Deacon Mr. F Year 2007...same way downward I wanted it that the year is Sideway" No. Position Name Year 2005 Year 2006 Year 2007 1, Elder Mr. A Mr. D ....... 2. clerck ...

Sum of a UNION Query
Hello, I want to sum the values together that are returned from the following two queries joined with a UNION from within the same query (instead of creating a second query that will SUM the two values that are produced from this one). I tried "wrapping" this code within a SELECT SUM, but it returns with "this is not allowing in subqueries". SELECT Count(*) AS SubCount FROM [TABLE1] WHERE (([TABLE1].USER)="JOHNSMITH") UNION ALL SELECT Count(*) AS SubCount FROM [TABLE2] WHERE (([TABLE2].USER)="EJONES"); The results are: SubCount -------------- 380 45...

Showing a DateTime in a View???
Is there a way to modify a view (Grid) to show the date and time not just the date? My users have the same reques as Jake. I have placed the Due Date field through CRM (Associated View Customization), which is the scheduledstart field in SQL. However, only the scheduledstart date is displayed and not the time. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated? Lorenzo On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:16:17 -0500, "Jake Horn" <jhorn_remove_@order4chaos_nospam.com> wrote: >Is there a way to modify a view (Grid) to show the date and time not just >the date? > ...

Append Query every day at certain time automatically
Hi, So i have a query qryStats. Basicaly i want to be able to see how the stats have changed over a period so i was thinking of turning that simple query into an Append Query so that it just add the results to a table tblStats. I tested it and it works great so i can design reports and the result is exactly what i want. Problem is im going to forget to run the query each day. What are my options? Can i write code of some kind that runs the append query each day at, lets say 16:00? YES but your db would need to be running in order for that to work. You could also create...

Script for Query-Based DL's
Pardon me if posted in the wrong place. We are scripting a large amount of OU structures and administration groups with delegation through dsacls. This is something that is repeated many times. One item that is asked to create is a query-based DL. Since it would need to be ran so many times and for consistency I am trying to find if we can have the script create the Q-B DL's. I have found scripts for dsacls and the Q-B DL's but I'm having a hard time finding how to script the creation of the DL's. Does anyone know how this would be done? Thank you, Michael ...

Excel 2000... Missing row and column designators.
Ho do you mean 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Row/Column headings' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Clarence" <carowe@cnyconnect.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2ee7401c46c21$a45aef40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Make Word 2008 open with Formatting toolbar showing
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3284189186_6066939 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Is there a way to tell Word 2008 that I want always to have the formatting toolbar showing? What about the formula bar in Excel? I couldn�t seem to get it to stick to the menu bars, much less appear as a default. Thanks! Best, - Bill Leopard 10.5.1 Office 2008 --B_3284189186_6066939 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859...

Auto-attach to designated email recipient?
Please see the following: joe@smith.com.au (a managers email address) document.xls (a spreadsheet with a problem log for all staff to continually update) I need to know how to configure the joe@smith address in my outlook so that whenever I create a new email to it, the document.xls spreadsheet is already attached without me having to manually attach it. Is this possible in Outlook 2003? ...

Merging queries by column in access
Hi, I have a series of queries which get data aggregated by year, e.g. select year(date), min(var1), avg(var1), max(var1) from table where (ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) select year(date), min(var2), avg(var2), max(var2) from table where (entirely different ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) etc etc There are six queries like this so what I want is to amalgamate these columns together into one results table (and also into one query so users can just run one stored query rather than six!) as follows: year, m...

Help with a simple query
Hi guys and gals, Can anyone help me with this query? I am having some issues with pulling in all names even though (it appears) I have the join correct. SELECT tblEmployee.EmpRptID, tblEmployee.UserName, Sum(tmpReports.NumOfSets) AS SumOfNumOfSets FROM tblEmployee LEFT JOIN tmpReports ON tblEmployee.UserName = tmpReports.UserName WHERE (((tblEmployee.IsCQATech)=True) AND ((tmpReports.CompleteDate) Between #2/8/2010# And #2/12/2010#)) GROUP BY tblEmployee.EmpRptID, tblEmployee.UserName; What am I doing wrong? You have defeated the left join by applying criteria to the right s...

change toolbar depending on sign in and sign out
Hi I am creating a toolbar in ATL,COM and WTL.Now I want to add the feature of changing the toolbar depending on sign in and sign out.after sign in if the user is a registered one then he should see some buttons which are not present at the time when the user is not signed in.Means I want to add the feature which is already present in yahoo toolbar.But how to do it?How can I trap whether user is signed in or not? ...

Toolbar sizing
Hi. I wanna create a floating toolbar and change its size so it will be 2 columns toolbar (e.g. The VS. resources editor tool box is exactly what I need, it is floating and has 2 columns [because of its size of course]). 10x, J. There is a style on toolbar which lets you essentially insert a line break forcing a new row. I forget the style but I picked up code several years ago from sample DOCKTOOL in MSDN. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Janiv Ratson" <janiv@aoe6.net> wrote in message news:OWWL#Iz3DHA.360@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... | Hi. | I wanna create a...

edit control inside a toolbar
hi all, how can an edit control be incorporated inside the toolbar. any sample code / suggestions ? nagendra. nagendra singh wrote: > > hi all, > > how can an edit control be incorporated inside the > toolbar. any sample code / suggestions ? > > nagendra. This code makes a space for the edit control then creates an edit control in that space. POSITION is the index of a separator in the toolbar, WIDTH is the edit width in pixels. m_ToolBar.SetButtonInfo(POSITION, 0, TBBS_SEPARATOR, WIDTH+2); CRect rect; m_ToolBar.GetItemRect(POSITION, &rect); rect.DeflateRect(...

Form design
I have created a form in outlook 2002 for users to report IT problems. However, when the form is completed and sent a blank template is received. How do I solve this? Cheers, Richard Any of these might be the cause: 1) Not binding controls to properties 2) On a form with separate compose and read layouts, not customizing the read layout to show the desired fields 3) The recipient not having access to the form definition FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://ww...

can you move icons on the quick access toolbar
When you add a new command it is placed at the end of the list. I like to group similar commands together. How do you do this? If you go into the QAT editor, that is by selecting More Commands... from the options when you click the little dropdown arrow at the end of the QAT, you get a dialog that allows you to move items up and down. -- HTH Bob "Kathryn211" <Kathryn211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC709D50-F0BF-4602-A428-7A1F8BB3213A@microsoft.com... > When you add a new command it is placed at the end of the list. I like to >...

FRx Designer Speed Issues With Large Tree
We have a client who uses FRx Report Designer, and they use a tree with 1,000 departments (give or take). They are on the Desktop edition of FRx. Because reports take so long to generate with a tree of 1,000 departments, they have gone to creating many individual reports with smaller trees, but they would like a way to not have to do this (and still not have speed be an issue). If this client were to move to the FRx Professional, would using web-based reporting increase the speed of reports which have that many departments in a tree? Or do you have any other suggestions? (We are tr...

Query about Last Cell reference.
I have 12 sheets, which holds monthly information. Data exists in Column A through K, row 1 down to row 500. I have a formula in cell AZ1 (done to ensure no one can find it and subsequently delete it). When I depress CTRL+END it takes me to AZ500 (as expected). The question I have is that as all my data is going to be in Columns A through K and rows 1 to 500, if I reset the Last Cell to say K500 would it achieve faster saves to a LAN?. Please note that the value from AZ1 is used in column G1 – G500. All views greatly appreciated. First, you can olnly "reset" the last cell ...

adding a Carriage Return or Line Feed character to an update query
I'm building an update query that will concatenate two fields and update the first field with the combination of the two fields. However, I would like to separate the two components with a blank line, or two carriage return or line feed characters. In Visual Basic, I'd use vbcr&vbcr to do this. How can I do this in an update query? Thanks in advance, Paul Paul wrote: >I'm building an update query that will concatenate two fields and update the >first field with the combination of the two fields. However, I would like >to separate the two...

disk mgmt query
I have a desktop system with two different sized HDs with both having the identical xp media edition installed. The problem is that windows is not allowing me to manage the pecking order. Drive "0" is being read in disk mgmt as drive D and Drive "1" is being read as drive C. In the bios upon boot up, Drive 0 is in fact being read as the primary master and Drive 1 read as the primary slave. I have tried to change the letters of these drives to drive 0 = C and drive 1 = D but a window pops up saying that I can't change the name of the boot drive. "Windows c...

Journals not showing up in HQ Manager
After issuing a 402 style sheet (in HQ manager) and making sure it was apporved for the store in question. I watched both the HQ Server and the HQ Client while the connection was made and every indication (on both sides) says that 45,000 journal records were uploaded to the HQ server. I have verified this is true by opening the journal table (on the HQ server) and I can see those new records. They don't show up at all in the HQ Manager (even after running a reindex and a check DB). This is on a store where the store was installed long before HQ was put in place. ...

Inventory standard cost not showing up in PO
I have a GP10 environment running inventory and POP. It is not running mfg. I have my inventory cost set to standard cost. When I create a PO for one of my items, the standard cost don't show up in inventory. I got it to work in my test company but for some reason it doesn't want to cooperate in production Does anyone have any idea what I might be missing? Many thanks.. -- Jim Jim, dumb question, but are you sure MFG isn't activated in your test environment? You shouldn't be able to update the Standard Cost field unless it is. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, M...

Business Portal Order Management Item Categories Query how to chan
Hi , I am looking for some guidelines to how to change the query of the Item Categories web part on Orders page in Business Portal. This web part displays a list of Item Categories, defined in Catalogue Maintenance. by default it shows Category ID ( name of Categories ). my clients want to display the Description of category. is there a way to change the Query behind this web part ? please advise. Thanks Syed ...